IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's Official

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Just found out my Dr is engaged and her wedding is next year. Why and how do fundies have these 2-3 month engagements?? All the local fundies  around here who got engaged this spring, will be married mid to late summer. Everything seems so rushed.

So they cant back out.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Nah, the article says he proposed at the reception.

I hope Joy gave him her blessing to do it otherwise he's an idiot.

2 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Tackiness and Duggar go hand in hand

This is true.  They had to find a way to top parking lot receptions and tackling your wife in the aisle during the recessional somehow.

5 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Just found out my Dr is engaged and her wedding is next year. Why and how do fundies have these 2-3 month engagements?? All the local fundies  around here who got engaged this spring, will be married mid to late summer. Everything seems so rushed.

Sex.

15 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm also very interested to see who was in the wedding party and what they were wearing.

alle.grace on instagram posted a few pics... ashley (nathan bates ex) was there... i really liked the dresses in that picture

4 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Because they're not allowed to have sex, make out, kiss, cuddle, be alone together, or think sexy thoughts about each other until they're married.

5 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Poor Joy.  First Duggar child to be a teen bride.  I think she was married off ASAP cuz she wasn't drinking the Look Aid.

I do wonder if they were pushed into getting married because he or she wasn't neck deep in the Kool aid or because she was "damaged goods" or if they were just a horny and needed daddy approved wife/husband. It seemed so far out of left field that she was suddenly courting when there wasn't even any rumor/hint of her having a special friend. 

5 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I do wonder if they were pushed into getting married because he or she wasn't neck deep in the Kool aid or because she was "damaged goods" or if they were just a horny and needed daddy approved wife/husband. It seemed so far out of left field that she was suddenly courting when there wasn't even any rumor/hint of her having a special friend. 

There was a hint. Someone said she had a 'special friend', and another person spotted her at the Forsyth's camp, weeks before the courtship was announced. People have also been speculating about Austin courting one of the girls for years.

I think it's just chance. The Duggars aren't machines or algorithms, in spite of all their faults and their self-marketing they are actually real human beings, and they've proven time and time again that they're not nearly as calculating or media savvy as many for whatever reason want to make them out to be. Some of them will get married younger, some older. I don't think it has anything to do with her being seen as 'damaged goods', and I doubt general horniness has anything more to do with it than it did for the others. She seems more drunk on the kool-aid than any of her sisters so far.

Huh. Totally accurate explanation of what happened:

Joseph must have read all those comments from morally outraged posters here claiming Jill's pregnancy announcement stole Benessa's engagement thunder. And he was like:

IMG_7170.JPG.ec2fa0453169267d1e41000124e90086.JPG

14 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Short story- so they can have sex.

Long story - the brainwashing teaches them that any 'natural urges' are sinful, so they misinterpret being horny for being in love. And when you're in love you need to get married according to their teachings - otherwise they'll go to hell for their tingly feelings of lust.

I wouldn't care if my brother proposed to his girlfriend at my wedding reception. I think I would be much more annoyed to be the person being proposed to at someone else's wedding. 

Dear Joe and Kendall,

All eyes are on you guys for a good wedding performance. Joe blew it with the engagement, but there is potential to make up for that lost by having a well coordinated flower arrangements and a pretty wedding dress. This will set the stage on whether anyone will be interested in seeing another male Duggar get married again. No pressure.

Good luck and godspeed.

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think it's just chance. The Duggars aren't machines or algorithms, in spite of all their faults and their self-marketing they are actually real human beings, and they've proven time and time again that they're not nearly as calculating or media savvy as many for whatever reason want to make them out to be. 

I agree with you on the not being media savvy or that calculating, I think they are more clueless than anything, JB is a control freak and a manipulator and I can see him manipulating his kids to do this or that when he wants them to.  Did he force any of them to marry? Yes I think he made Josh marry Anna, I think he told Josh to find a wife ASAP, I don't think he picked Anna specifically I just think it was hurry up and get married to someone anyone that is in the cult Gothardism.  I think he did set up Jill with Derick in hopes of marrying her off because ratings, and that worked out for him. Jessa & Bin were just a plus.  I think Jinjer were something he would have preferred didn't happen, but didn't stop it because it would have looked bad for the brand to show just how controlling he really is. 

I also think he wants to get a couple more kids married off and supporting themselves because he can't keep supporting all these families. I can see J & A being on their own and self supporting, still living in the area but having their own house NOT paid for by JB so that will be 2 kids on their own out of 5, soon to be 6 married couples. 

Are people calling her Kendall ironically or do you not realize it's Kendra? I'm confused this is about the 3rd time I've seen Kendall.

Have to make sure I didn't miss a joke. :pb_lol:

23 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I hope Joy gave him her blessing to do it otherwise he's an idiot.

well think about it - the crew was already there so it had to be done. 
i see it. I get it  and it shows how boring Joy's reception was.... been there done it - step it up a notch 

It's them 

There are actually a lot of other reasons:

-Marriage means you're now seen as an adult by your family and community, rather than a dependent child under the authority of your parents, no matter your actual age.

-You get to move out of your parents' home and establish your own home.

-You're granted the ability to make major life decisions for yourself for the first time ever.

-They strongly believe that God is guiding their relationship, so there's no need for much delay. A fast courtship/engagement means you're trusting in God.

-For the man, you're now a 'headship' in your own right. For some of these young men, having a wife (and then children) to lord it over is very appealing.

-'Be fruitful and multiply' is taken seriously, so there's no point wasting those precious months you could be getting pregnant on being engaged, if you already know you're getting married.

-If you have a long engagement, people might start rumours about a lapse in chastity, or problems in the relationship.

-Young marriages and fast courtships are points of pride among fundie/conservative evangelical Christians. They're almost a status symbol, something to aspire to. 19, with a three month courtship and two month engagement? You must be truly #blessed!

Did they ever give a reason for moving the wedding from October to May?

The naughty part of me wants to see a baby arrive in 8 months. 

I expect a whole slew of congrats videos what with the wedding and the engagement in the next two days.  How will I ever listen to them all 

2 minutes ago, adidas said:

It was never really in October. That was a fake date (Joy's birthday) for the registry.

Just now, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It was never really in October. That was a fake date (Joy's birthday) for the registry.

Ah thanks

4 minutes ago, adidas said:

the wedding was never supposed to be in october....

Joe proposing at Joy's wedding reception is not only tacky, but it seems cheap and lazy. Contrast a wedding reception proposal with all the elaborate planning that the suitors of the other Duggar daughters put in to make their proposals special, and it just seems like he didn't want to put any effort or creativity into it.

As for Joy's dress, I can't see much of it, but am already not a fan. The sleeves look tacked on to me, and the bodice seems boring. A little bit of an illusion with the heavy lace would've been so much prettier (like the front of Pippa Middleton's dress). The white lace gets lost with the white lining. Joy's hair looks nice, but it does't go with that dress.

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

What are everyone's thoughts on proposing at someone else's wedding? 

I would be very upset if that happened on my wedding day especially in a family that large where getting your own damn day is hard enough.  

55 minutes ago, sunshine said:

So, Kendall did not get a special engagement like his sisters. No scavenger hunt, proposal at her special city, no special song created, being blindfolded in the woods or even balloons at her favorite restaurant? Oh, come on!

Since this was a Duggar wedding, we know she didn't even get a dinner.  Maybe a cracker with some velveeta spread on it, or a Sierra-made strawberry.  Perhaps a tiny sliver of cake.  

And ugh, another teenaged bride.  Gross.  I'm sorry, but I find that to be so inappropriate in the year 2017.  Children should not be getting engaged and/or married.  

28 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Ever since seeing Joy making those crazy eyes at Austin  and saying she can't wait to be in a mother in the Mother's Day video and asking Jinger if she's taken a pregnancy test yet I think she is swimming in the kool aid. She'll be pregnant by August. I predict Jill 2.0 from Joy except Austin will probably try to support them and not drag her off to Danger America. 

31 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:
Huh. Totally accurate explanation of what happened:
 Joseph must have read all those comments from morally outraged posters here claiming Jill's pregnancy announcement stole Benessa's engagement thunder.

[emoji23] Oh, man. I love this so hard. For some reason I picture him handing it to Josiah and hitching his pants up before walking very determinedly over to his beloved.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived