IGNORED

Dillards 30 - Lawsuit Tweets and Leaving Danger America

choralcrusader8613

Jill could easily still be pregnant. When Jessa told Ben she was pregnant, she told Ben he was a dad, as to them, life, parenthood, even gender roles start at conception, so Derick would be a dad to Samuel even if he isn't born. 

Surprised that the Dillards picked such a nice name as Samuel Scott. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TLC released an article/video: Jill is still pregnant and Samuel is due in July.

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/jill-derick-dillard-have-a-name-for-baby-2/?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=countingontlc&utm_medium=social&utm_content=DCIobj+-+Page+Views&sf85778801=1

I for one find pre-baby name announcements to be really anti-climactic.

Edit: The video is the original gender reveal, not a new video about the name specifically.

@bananabreadThe link said nothing about late July. It said they have a month to go, which matches previous statements where they said early July. Did you type "late" by mistake or did I miss something?

12 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

@bananabreadThe link said nothing about late July. It said they have a month to go, which matches previous statements where they said early July. Did you type "late" by mistake or did I miss something?

Whoops! I must have just inserted a "late" mentally. My bad. :) I was thinking that seemed like a really long pregnancy!

Do you think that the younger generation Duggars do home births to avoid people seeing them at hospitals and stuff? I mean this way they get to mold the timelines and lie. If someone saw them or sibling said something, it's ruin the plans but if they keep everything to themselves in their own little house, neat and tidy they can change the details as they feel. Just a thought about the home birth question. Well I don't think that they haven't like big conspiracies going on, I do think that Boobchelle enjoys having information in his pocket to pull out as needed.

4 minutes ago, Pasta said:

to avoid people seeing them at hospitals and stuff

Nope. Simply because home births are "THE WAY THINGS SHOULD BE DONE" according to DuggarLaw.

@PastaIt's possible. I think money could be a factor too. Total cost will depend on many factors, but my daughter's birth was $19,000... for just my hospital stay. The epidural was $3500 and her week in NICU was between $65,000 and $70,000. 

(Thank God for insurance because it covered all of it.)

Plus, there may be some of that, "how we do things is different and better than how you do things," going on as well.

Well that's anti-climatic. So we know what he is and what his name is. There's no fun in that! :P 

They're possibly trying to distract us from the newest Joshley Madison scandal. Won't work TLC. 

The fact that subsequent children seem to have ditched the "all one letter" theme almost makes me kind of sad for Smuggar.  As the first Duggar to leave the nest and with JB & Michelle still in charge of the show, he didn't even attempt to slightly deviate from his parents' prescriptions on how to live, not even in the most superficial of ways. The first move of independence was moving to the DC suburbs, and we all know how that turned out.

9 minutes ago, lomo6 said:

The first move of independence was moving to the DC suburbs, and we all know how that turned out.

His first move of independence was cheating on his wife. I feel no sympathy for him (because he is a molester, i couldn'y care less that he is a cheater)

Josh followed the party line, to a T.  So inventive.  He was a good brainwashed son.  Till he wasn't, but then they pretended he waa still their #1, best kid.  Talk about pressure! 

Look, there were/are christian families, esp ministry families, where acting the part was the kids' necessity.  The parents "needed" their family to be perfect and put together.  In most of those families....a kid or two cracked.  They had the perfect christian face in front of public eyes, and all the "right" answers....but that was their fake public image.  ....reminds me of dpiat....his public image vs his private one.  

59 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

They're possibly trying to distract us from the newest Joshley Madison scandal. Won't work TLC. 

What? Something else happened?

1 minute ago, meee said:

What? Something else happened?

He's also suing about the molestation scandal coming out. See the Duggars Lawsuit thread! 

I love the first and middle name. I'm curious where they got Scott from. I was convinced they would name his Isaac or at least honor Derick's dad. 

I really liked the names Jessa and Jill gave their second kids. I know Anna will name the baby something ordinary as well. Hopefully this trend continues because I would hate for a baby to get saddled with something like Spurgeon again.

Part of me is cool with the name but the other part is concerned because the two first babies had different names. I say different because Israel and Spurgeon are vastly different than Henry and Samuel. 

@season of life @SuchABlessingScott is a family name on Derick's side:

http://arkansasgravestones.org/view.php?id=1149230

His Grandma Dillard appears to have the maiden name or middle name of Scott.

So they didn't name Samuel in memory of Derick's father, but they did honor his family in a way.

Dan shared this after their Grandpa Dillard passed this year. Grandma Sue Scott Dillard is in pink:

ETA: Tagging @Mela99and @SassyPantstoo.

Samuel is also a family name on Jill's side. One of her brothers - Jason? - has it as a middle name. So both families are represented again (Izzy's middle name is shared with Uncle Dan and Uncle John.)

Samuel James (after Jill's son). Samuel Robert. Samuel Richard (after Derick's dad) .Samuel Scott- nice names that do not flow well together- like Samuel Michael- same thing, do not flow well together. As you can tell, I like kids to be named after a family member. It's a family tradition for us. Just catching up, I see Scott is a family name, good!

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Nope. Simply because home births are "THE WAY THINGS SHOULD BE DONE" according to DuggarLaw.

Except that Michelle had mostly hospital births and, if I'm remembering correctly, they encouraged Josh and Anna to go to the hospital as well but Anna wanted a home birth. The home births seem to be more of a second generation thing.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived