IGNORED

Dillards 30 - Lawsuit Tweets and Leaving Danger America

choralcrusader8613

I remember Jill saying she wanted to be a nurse, but the timing wasn't right, so she decided to become a midwife. Looks like she was unable to reach either of her goals, which must be discouraging.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I remember Jill saying she wanted to be a nurse, but the timing wasn't right, so she decided to become a midwife. Looks like she was unable to reach either of her goals, which must be discouraging.

I wish those kids would realize their SODRT education screwed them out of reaching their goals (lawyer, nurse, vetinarian...). Plus JB would have a cow over Jill having to study male anatomy/being defrauded by male patients.

A CPM is certainly qualified to practice midwifery, so I think Jill did reach her goal by apprenticing with Joy Coonfield and Shelley Wasson. She is just not licensed as a Lay Midwife in Arkansas - because of Venessa. She'll probably have to start over as an apprentice if she wants a LM license. Ditto to Jana.

Remember that a LM mostly only has experience, while a CPM has experience as well as a formal exam under their belt. You can be both, too, of course, and not all states have licensure for LMs, but most do for CPMs.

Yes, meconium staining AND being post dates AND being GBS+ AND have prolonged ruptured membranes AND Jill being a primp with an unproven uterus and birth canal....all indicators for extreme trouble with the passenger (fetus). Jill and Derick played with fire here, luckily IDD was OK!

2 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Time to guess Dillard 2 's name yet? If so, I'm going with Zion.

A few weeks ago Jill mentioned in a blog post that people in SA were calling him Samuelito, so my guess is Samuel. 

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I wish those kids would realize their SODRT education screwed them out of reaching their goals (lawyer, nurse, vetinarian...). Plus JB would have a cow over Jill having to study male anatomy/being defrauded by male patients.

Jill can overcome her SODRT education( I can name a few fundies who did).

47 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

A few weeks ago Jill mentioned in a blog post that people in SA were calling him Samuelito, so my guess is Samuel. 

I want to guess Samuel, but this might be another "Quincy" situation :my_smile:

Okay, names for Baby Dill:

Palestine,

Canaan,

Jordan (yes I realize she has a sister with that name, but when has that ever mattered?)

19 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

Jill can overcome her SODRT education( I can name a few fundies who did).

Yes, but the only way I can see overcoming it is by admitting (at least to herself) that the education she received growing up  wasn't enough. I am not sure Jill is capable of that, at least not at this time. 

By rights it should be Lon. That way the infantalising can pass to the next generation without the full-grown 'Baby Lon' needn't be too embarrassed...

5 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

It would fit with what they mentioned when Izzy was born. They said they took inspiration from their families for part of his name - Israel shares the middle name "David" with John David and Derick's brother Dan. Plus, David was listed as Jill's favorite biblical figure on the Duggar's website for a long time. 

Samuel is Justin Duggar's middle name. So I think Samuel is definitely going to pop up in Dilly the Second's name (though I'm leaning more towards that being his middle name.)

4 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

By rights it should be Lon. That way the infantalising can pass to the next generation without the full-grown 'Baby Lon' needn't be too embarrassed...

I think I missed something because I don't understand this at all. :pb_lol:

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I think I missed something because I don't understand this at all. :pb_lol:

Babylon. Going with the place names.

11 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Babylon. Going with the place names.

... I swear I'm not as stupid as I look right now... :laughing-rolling:

4 hours ago, Markie said:

Okay, names for Baby Dill:

Palestine,

Canaan,

Jordan (yes I realize she has a sister with that name, but when has that ever mattered?)

I think they said that Israel was named after the Bible character Israel, not the country

37 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Samuel is Justin Duggar's middle name. So I think Samuel is definitely going to pop up in Dilly the Second's name (though I'm leaning more towards that being his middle name.)

Nepal Samuel Dillard :pb_lol:

8 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

I think they said that Israel was named after the Bible character Israel, not the country

Oh darn I'll have to rethink the name then.

Maybe Samuel Jacob? I don't know if Israel became Jacob or Jacob became Israel or what have you, though.

What about Samuel Richard? Richard being after derdick's father.

28 minutes ago, freejoy said:

I'll go with Bethlehem Samuel Dillard! 

I'd hope they'd save Bethlehem for a girl.

7 hours ago, Taylurker said:

Maybe Samuel Jacob? I don't know if Israel became Jacob or Jacob became Israel or what have you, though.

What about Samuel Richard? Richard being after derdick's father.

In the Bible, Jacob was given the name "Israel" by God. 

I could see Jacob being a contender. I'm thinking his name will be a mix of unique and traditional, just like Izzy's (Israel is more common in certain cultures, but I don't believe it's a commonly heard name within their circles.)

On 2017-06-04 at 4:08 AM, PainfullyAware said:

Wait, so Jill was able to apprentice for a certification that is invalid in her state? How is it legal for fully accredited LMWs to accept apprentices only training to be CPMs? Wouldn't that only encourage illegal CPMs attending home births?  I don't understand why Jill wouldn't go directly for the LMW in the first place. It all sounds so sketchy to me.  All I know is that in Ontario Canada, where I live,  midwifery is a 4 yr degree and I don't think there are any other certification options...

It's a 4-year degree that's really, really difficult to get into. Like it's nearly as hard as getting into medical school. We in Ontario take our health care very seriously. ;)

On 6/1/2017 at 9:54 AM, Screamapillar said:

I also became super paranoid about eclampsia because I binge watched Downton Abbey in my third trimester...

Oh man, I had my boys at 29 weeks because of preeclampsia and I think that episode aired shortly after. So scary how wrong it can all go. Side note, I had ZERO symptoms of preeclampsia, no swelling, no discomfort, no headaches, nothing. My BP was through the roof at a regular MFM appointment and that was all. So pregnant mamas be aware :)

My name guesses:

Daniel/Dan/Dathan

Aaron/Abraham/Ishmael

Abishalom (for fun :pb_razz:)

The name Dathan always makes me think of this sleazeball in The Ten Commandments:

dathan.jpeg

22 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

The name Dathan always makes me think of this sleazeball in The Ten Commandments:

I wondered why that name sounded so familiar! :pb_lol: Cringey. I wonder if Derrick has seen The Ten Commandments...I'm sure Jill hasn't. Nefretiri is one big NIKE.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived