IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's the Final (Wedding) Countdown!

choralcrusader8613

5 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Evening would be nice actually. A sunset wedding. Didn't he ask her to court while watching a sunset ?

Husband and I got married right before sunset in early November. We got a great mix of day photos and night photos that way. At least a few of the two of us included the gorgeous sunset in the background. I highly recommend that time of day for anyone unsure of what time they want their wedding ceremony to be.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess sunset weddings seem weird to me because in the UK there's no guarantee there'll be a sunset, because of how cloudy/rainy it can be, but I bet it would be gorgeous, in places where it's possible to predict clear skies.

ETA Now I'm thinking of being on a photography advice site, and someone from California telling a Brit the sky on their shot was blown out...  erm, no, we frequently have white-looking skies on cloudy days!

My anniversary is next Sunday and I'm hoping their wedding was this weekend so I don't have to share an anniversary with a duggar. I don't *really* care but I totally do :P

they don't seem to do the holiday weekend wedding thing though, do they? Memorial Day seemed like a convenient weekend to get married IME.

10 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

When I was Joy's age, I got my period every fourth Wednesday at about 10:00 am. Two weeks later, I was ovulating... could tell by the mittleschmertz and discharge. For a long time, I thought everyone was that regular.

I was that regular when I was on the pill. It was great!

I am just guessing because someone saying the wedding is not when people think it is, our grandson (no this can't be happening) is graduating Friday afternoon, 2ish. This gives me plenty of time to get home change into my wedding garb, set out the champagne and finger food. My husband will think it is our private celebration for our grand baby graduating but nae nae! A Duggar celebration, goodness knows no champagne at their party.

Was that poster ever verified as being the real deal? If so, I could definitely see a Friday sunset wedding, because it's "not what [we] would expect." 

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Was that poster ever verified as being the real deal? If so, I could definitely see a Friday sunset wedding, because it's "not what [we] would expect." 

All we know is Pickles was wrong.:bananna-demon:

Wonder when she will retract her retraction of her retraction.

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Perhaps it's on a cruise ship in Bermuda - we wouldn't expect that or Jill and Derick renewing their vows with the couple. I vote for that one.

My guess is tomorrow or at least a weekday this week. They must think very highly of themselves that they have sworn guests to secrecy. If you don't want people finding out and paparazzi crashing the wedding, I don't know, maybe NOT become reality tv "stars". Or maybe NOT file a lawsuit that will garnish national attention days before your wedding. 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

This is what you can expect. :tw_glasses:

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So it didn't happen this weekend?

not unless it's going on right now and no one is spilling 

48 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

This is what you can expect. :tw_glasses:

they are trying to hide this event because it's that interesting? or because they think someone will care 

7 minutes ago, nst said:

not unless it's going on right now and no one is spilling 

they are trying to hide this event because it's that interesting? or because they think someone will care 

I think they are just trying to maintain some control & privacy (which really doesn't make a lot of sense, especially since i'm sure the camera crews will be there). I noticed that after all the mess with Josh they really tightened up on what they let get out to the public.

And no, the wedding was absolutely NOT this weekend. 

5 minutes ago, Pasta said:

So insider, is it a maid or matron of honor?

will there be chicken or fish or tacos

how about tents 

how about the reception and stuffed up toilets

Will Spurgeon and Izzy be in the wedding party 

Outdoors? I hope Boob got a good deal on the portapotties. And it negates the smaller chapel at the Family Camp. They could have it in the middle of the damn Town Square or whatever they call the center of their western town. 

If it's an evening wedding at the Camp, an afterparty at the compound could be an all-nighter, since it's about an hour drive between the places. Maybe the rumors about having the wedding on the compound itself are true. 

@FrozenSmile How am I doing? Do I have at least one location clue right? Did you get info about an afterparty?

Pickle's won't admit to being wrong. She's posting around it. :pb_lol: 

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Outdoors? I hope Boob got a good deal on the portapotties. And it negates the smaller chapel at the Family Camp. They could have it in the middle of the damn Town Square or whatever they call the center of their western town. 

If it's an evening wedding at the Camp, an afterparty at the compound could be an all-nighter, since it's about an hour drive between the places. Maybe the rumors about having the wedding on the compound itself are true. 

@FrozenSmile How am I doing? Do I have at least one location clue right? Did you get info about an afterparty?

Not at TTH & don't know about an afterparty. Pretty sure it'll just be wedding, reception, then done. 

On 5/20/2017 at 2:56 PM, 2manyKidzzz said:

Back in the day, it was a mortal sin to miss mass on a Holy Day of Obligation. Which could result in hell if not dealt with properly. 

It still is according to CCC. So is missing Sunday Mass without a serious reason to do so. ~ signed A Former Future Nun

My anniversary is next Sunday and I'm hoping their wedding was this weekend so I don't have to share an anniversary with a duggar. I don't *really* care but I totally do [emoji14]

I feel your pain. The dullards took our wedding date - right down to the time.

On 5/19/2017 at 5:56 AM, Pretzel said:

what woman doesn't want to look good and trim on her wedding day?

I don't. Or, I'm not aiming to lose weight before my wedding (if I have one). I passionately HATE the trend that says that women should slim down before the big day. No, I won't. I'm good the way I am, and I have enough body issues without adding the pressure of (almost) having to starve into it. Sorry. 

Also, "trim" and/or "fit "doesn't have to be the same as skinny. Neither does "good."

6 minutes ago, Queen said:

I don't. Or, I'm not aiming to lose weight before my wedding (if I have one). I passionately HATE the trend that says that women should slim down before the big day. No, I won't. I'm good the way I am, and I have enough body issues without adding the pressure of (almost) having to starve into it. Sorry. 

Also, "trim" and/or "fit "doesn't have to be the same as skinny. Neither does "good."

You go girl! I think the point should be that the bride has to feel 100% confident. Wether that is by gaining weigh, losing it, or wearing purple body paint. 

If the Duggars want control and privacy they can start by getting off the GD TV and declining People Mag interview$.

In Duggar speak, privacy means we want the ability to whore out the event and pictures to the highest possible bidder.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived