IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's the Final (Wedding) Countdown!

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, FrozenSmile said:

I can't reveal too terribly much (do they read here?), but i have been in their home more than once. I've also been invited to all of the girls' weddings (except Joy's, which isn't surprising), but didn't attend. They are actually very nice people, but i really don't have much in common with them, and fundamentally disagree with them on a lot of things. It's interesting to see how others read them, though. 

Just bear in mind that we have a lot - A LOT - of people coming by telling us they're  connected to people we talk about, and 9 times out of 10, it's fanfiction, or trolling, so you'll get a ton of people like me thinking "here we go again..." - although the moderators can verify people are who they say they are. 

(I know the infamous ones are Razing Ruth, and Burris was a weird one, but remember the poster whose aunt was best friends with the Vuolo family, who were very Italian and atheist, and horrified about the Duggar connection?  Oh the insider details they spread around, until it became pretty clear it was pure fanfiction...)

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@FrozenSmileI agree with @Lurky. You don't owe us anything at all and I hope you'll be cautious not to out yourself... but many of us will likely be very cautious in believing you (at least at first) because there have been many people who have lied before. Just know it's nothing personal.

And welcome! :) 

No trolling here! There are lots of people who claim to know them & know lots of things. I have no intention of coming here & spreading rumors or lies & won't put anything out there unless i'm 100% certain. I'd love to post some pics to prove it, but that would totally out me, lol! 

@FrozenSmile No need to out yourself! Enjoy the membership perks! :) 

I don't think that the wedding is this weekend, the Rods haven't the road yet. ;) 

1 minute ago, FrozenSmile said:

No trolling here! There are lots of people who claim to know them & know lots of things. I have no intention of coming here & spreading rumors or lies & won't put anything out there unless i'm 100% certain. I'd love to post some pics to prove it, but that would totally out me, lol! 

Yeah, definitely don't do anything if it's going to harm you in anyway. We're just cautious after all the other posters is all. 

But I do hope you feel welcome here. I know it's likely weird to read about people you may know on here. Hopefully you don't see anything really upsetting.

Actually, you guys have opened my eyes to a lot of things over the years, and i would be lying if i said some of the things i've read here weren't hard to read. But i tend to see all sides of things, so it's totally understandable that people have differing opinions of them. 

And i've been wanting to say this for a long time...i HATE the word headship. Like, HATE it. A woman is not someone's property. :argumentative:

8 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

Actually, you guys have opened my eyes to a lot of things over the years, and i would be lying if i said some of the things i've read here weren't hard to read. But i tend to see all sides of things, so it's totally understandable that people have differing opinions of them. 

And i've been wanting to say this for a long time...i HATE the word headship. Like, HATE it. A woman is not someone's property. :argumentative:

Please don't be offended by the fact that some of us use the word "headship" in regards to our cats. As in "my feline headship came to the door...". They do kind of have a way of making us feel owned. As for the traditional use of "headship", we feel as you do. Welcome to our "happy place". 

10 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

If you can answer without losing anonymity... have you met the Rodrigues clan?  

I kind of wish the wedding was today, only because the press is focused on Pippa Middleton's wedding, and JB would probably not be pleased with a decrease in publicity. 

18 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

No. Haven't met the Bates' either.

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Pippa's dress would pass the modesty standards.

It might be a bit too low in the back though.

4 hours ago, FrozenSmile said:

:hello: Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster! Thought i'd just jump on in the deep end & say that Joy is absolutely not getting married this weekend. The wedding IS next weekend, just not when everyone thinks. I'm kind of afraid to give away too much in case the tabloids are looking for scoops. 

Hey, welcome. :) I grew up in the NWA homeschooling community so I bet we have friends in common! I hope you enjoy it here.

16 minutes ago, Seren Ann said:

It might be a bit too low in the back though.

It looks like this 

Pippa wedding back.jpg

32 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Pippa's dress would pass the modesty standards.

Her dress is beautiful.  

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I've met them... the story is on here somewhere. 

3 hours ago, FrozenSmile said:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been reading here for years - stumbled across it fairly soon after my introduction to the Duggars. I can't reveal too terribly much (do they read here?), but i have been in their home more than once. I've also been invited to all of the girls' weddings (except Joy's, which isn't surprising), but didn't attend. They are actually very nice people, but i really don't have much in common with them, and fundamentally disagree with them on a lot of things. It's interesting to see how others read them, though. 

Welcome! Glad to hear they are nice people. Weren't the weddings crazy big? Why isn't it surprising that you're not invited to Joy's wedding? What sort of theme, if any, do you predict for this wedding? 

2 minutes ago, Markie said:

Welcome! Glad to hear they are nice people. Weren't the weddings crazy big? Why isn't it surprising that you're not invited to Joy's wedding? What sort of theme, if any, do you predict for this wedding? 

The weddings were crazy big! I almost went to Jill's wedding, but there was a scheduling conflict. As far as not being invited to Joy's wedding, i haven't had nearly as much interaction with her as with the other older girls. I predict shabby chic for the wedding - it just seems that's the theme that fits her best. 

And Pippa's dress is absolutely breathtaking!

3 hours ago, FrozenSmile said:

It's interesting to see how others read them, though. 

Welcome! It must be interesting to read what people have to say. I personally find myself rotating between defending them - there are some folks that are just way over the top - to being one of their harshest critics for all obvious sociopolitical reasons. I do feel like some of the over the top crazy comments can give online forums like this a bad name. 

1 hour ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Please don't be offended by the fact that some of us use the word "headship" in regards to our cats. As in "my feline headship came to the door...". They do kind of have a way of making us feel owned. As for the traditional use of "headship", we feel as you do. Welcome to our "happy place". 

and A LOT of us have feline headship. Get ready!

1 hour ago, FrozenSmile said:

No. Haven't met the Bates' either.

You mean the Bateseseses? Fixed that for ya. 

Welcome!

Our two feline headships are female, which is of course a huge no-no in patriarchal fundie land. Fortunately my household is matrifelineal.

I have two female feline headship and a male one. The power is usually split between them 3 but i have to say that sometimes i fall and prefer more my male kitten :content: 

I've got five feline headships (all male except for one female who truly runs the show) and a raccoon headship.  Pretty sure this is a fundy argument against gay marriage and ladies wearing pants and going to school. 

How big is Ascension Day in the US? If Joy and Austin are getting married next weekend, but not when everyone thinks, is it possible they could get married on Ascension Day (this Thursday)?

Ascension Day is a public holiday in Sweden, even though we are very secular, so I figured it should be a pretty big deal in the US, especially in the highly religious parts.

I rather doubt most of our fundiegelicals know what Ascension Day is.  They are against most church holidays/celebrations if they aren't the Nativity or the Resurrection.  Many of them don't even like saying Christmas and Easter.  Too pagan y'know? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived