IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's the Final (Wedding) Countdown!

choralcrusader8613

Some of my friends lost weight right before their weddings not because they wanted to but because they were stressed with all the planning.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Pickle's won't admit to being wrong. She's posting around it. :pb_lol: 

Yeh I saw it on her page like her you see the conversation I had with my "source" see that i'm not lying. The person has only be ignoring me for the last few days. More dibs to everybody here saying that the wedding was not last weekend en probably this weekend.

16 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

All we know is Pickles was wrong.:bananna-demon:

Wonder when she will retract her retraction of her retraction.

I'd enjoying knowing that Pickles was enticed into smug certainty by a patient, crafty FJ-er sleeper agent!

Welcome to the Fake Newsroom, Pickles.

23 minutes ago, sophrosyne said:

I'd enjoying knowing that Pickles was enticed into smug certainty by a patient, crafty FJ-er sleeper agent!

Yes! Yes!

We need a FJ sleeper cell. We can branch out all over fundiedom.

I am down! 

14 hours ago, nst said:

will there be chicken or fish or tacos

Let's go totally wild.

In honor of Mama Jill and her life in Scary Central America, they could have chicken tacos and fish tacos. The party could be coordinated by Joy's bestie, Sierra, and catered by Tacos 4 Life.

Regardless of when it is I just want to know UK release date on TLC for next series so we can watch it and see all these little details for ourselves :) . I'm at a wedding all next weekend so won't get to lurk on here for answers and pics. Here's hoping some of the family are allowed on insta!

20 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Let's go totally wild.

In honor of Mama Jill and her life in Scary Central America, they could have chicken tacos and fish tacos. The party could be coordinated by Joy's bestie, Sierra, and catered by Tacos 4 Life.

And the newlyweds will smash a pinata that Jill and Derick made just for them.  

11 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

And it will rain down ovulation predictor tests and pregnancy tests for the newlyweds. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

And the guests will yell Mazel Tov!

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Some of my friends lost weight right before their weddings not because they wanted to but because they were stressed with all the planning.

Yep, I lost enough in the last couple of weeks prior to the wedding that my dress was visibly loose in the wedding pictures.   I could barely eat, even at the reception.   Breakfast on Day 1 of my honeymoon was the first decent meal I ate in weeks.

1 hour ago, LKUK said:

Regardless of when it is I just want to know UK release date on TLC for next series so we can watch it and see all these little details for ourselves :) . I'm at a wedding all next weekend so won't get to lurk on here for answers and pics. Here's hoping some of the family are allowed on insta!

Don't worry.  JimBob is clearly desperate for money at the moment.  This wedding and leaks are locked down tighter than the crown jewels.  If the wedding happens next weekend, I doubt we'll get much of anything in terms of photos and information.  Boob needs every single dollar he can get at the moment.  

Honest question. What is it exactly that people find stressful about wedding planning? I didn't find the planning process to be stressful at all. I actually thought it was a lot of fun! Does it just depend on the person?

@VineHeart137 I didn't find it very stressful, until someone rear ended me about a month before the wedding and I had to get a new car. That stress only lasted about a week. I planned everything myself, and was only stressed out the day before, when it rained like a monsoon (outside wedding), and the day of, when my wedding party pay was being lackadaisical about decorating the reception tables. But neither of us had big, demanding families, so all of the decisions were mine to make (and pay for). 

15 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Honest question. What is it exactly that people find stressful about wedding planning? I didn't find the planning process to be stressful at all. I actually thought it was a lot of fun! Does it just depend on the person?

Yes, and I don't understand why it takes some people years to get it all done. I don't care if you have 3 months or 3 years there is some shit you cannot do until the last week.  I found the 1st couple weeks right after getting engaged to be very busy, only because I wanted to get married quickly so we had to get a everything booked right away and a dress bought, but after that it was pretty quiet until about 10 days before the wedding  and then it was go go go, because there are some things that can't be done until X days/hours before the wedding. 

I was thinking, sunset wedding, doesn't that mean you have to feed people dinner? But I am guessing they schedule the ceremony for 7_ish, assuming people eat dinner first, and they just have a dessert reception.  My prediction is a sundae bar. 

4 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

This happened to me. Didn't expect it to since I was really laid back about planning in general. For me, it was more to do with being the center of attention than anything else.

Same thing happened after my daughter was born. She was in NICU a week due to prematurity. I was so stressed that I was having horrific panic attacks where I honestly thought I was dying. I could barely sleep and I could keep next to nothing down. By the time Velocibaby was discharged I was so skinny that three people told me there was no way I had just had a baby. Would have been a great compliment under any other circumstances.

@allthegoodnamesrgoneWe were engaged two years and married in November 2015. First six months we jut enjoyed being engaged and tried to get through Tax Season (husband is a CPA - Tax Season is his whole life January through late April.) We planned between May and December 2014, then finished up between May and November 2015.

Many people take years to plan because they want to be on good financial footing too. Husband and I are really grateful we took that long because it allowed us more time to save and pay. We had a wedding we loved and could afford, while still having six plus months of expenses leftover when all was said and done.

(And by plan, I mean that I did some research during Tax Season. We didn't tour anywhere or make the actual decisions until after that though because we both wanted husband involved.)

I'm a bit late to the Ascension discussion, but it's a pretty big day in Eastern Orthodoxy as well!  

4 hours ago, Angelic83 said:

Yeh I saw it on her page like her you see the conversation I had with my "source" see that i'm not lying. The person has only be ignoring me for the last few days. More dibs to everybody here saying that the wedding was not last weekend en probably this weekend.

I just saw she shared their text messages. That was tacky AF. Sources are wrong sometimes, just admit it was a mistake. I'm sure said source won't be happy about those texts being shared.

1 hour ago, Dubiousclaire said:

I was thinking, sunset wedding, doesn't that mean you have to feed people dinner? But I am guessing they schedule the ceremony for 7_ish, assuming people eat dinner first, and they just have a dessert reception.  My prediction is a sundae bar. 

Whoa now. Sundae bar is pretty fancy! :laughing-jumpingpurple: They can't afford or aren't willing to feed 1000 people, and they won't invite the normal amount. So yeah, it'll be cookies or brownies or rice krispie treats for everyone! 

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

It depends on the person, and on how elaborate the wedding is, and on how much help she has, and on what else she has to get done at the same time. A few months before my wedding, I had a difficult conversation with my boss, and a coworker tried to cheer me up by asking about my wedding flowers. I hadn't found a florist yet and I freaked out. On the whole, though, I didn't find it too difficult or stressful. I was an older bride, so I kept things in perspective.

I was 19 when I planned my wedding. I planned everything myself and really didn't find it that stressful but I'm also someone who does well under pressure and I like to take care of things myself. I didn't really ask others for help and ultimately I'm glad it was that way. I imagine I would have been stressed out if I had others constantly trying to interject their opinions on everything. Those Duggar girls probably get all kinds of unwanted "help" from their huge ass family. 

4 hours ago, sophrosyne said:

Pickles has posted the notice that Joy and Austin applied for a marriage license on May 11th. She'll never retract her retraction of her retraction. I'd have a lot more respect for her if she'd just admit she was wrong and to be wary of people posing as "friends" of the Duggar family.

You all are very laid back. I'm a little crazy about planning and organization, combined with the fact that I'm the most indecisive person I know... just thinking about planning my wedding stresses me out. What if the food is shit, or the dress gets ruined, or there's drama, or a million other things. There's so many moving pieces and so much to worry about, and I like having all my ducks in a row, so planning a huge event like a wedding sounds truly terrifying.

I predict cowboy boots, burlap, and a horse involved somewhere. I just can't imagine Joy getting married in a megachurch- she just seems so much more suited to a barn wedding. Still, I suppose they have to have church weddings, that's kind of important. 

I'll be away all weekend. Looking forward to sorting through a million pages of wedding snark on Tuesday :P

8 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

You all are very laid back. I'm a little crazy about planning and organization, combined with the fact that I'm the most indecisive person I know... just thinking about planning my wedding stresses me out.

You just have to take it with the thought that , no matter what happens, as long as the officiant and you and the groom/bride and two witnesses show up, the rest is noise, you got married :)

2 minutes ago, karen77 said:

You just have to take it with the thought that , no matter what happens, as long as the officiant and you and the groom/bride and two witnesses show up, the rest is noise, you got married :)

Yeah. And ifvthe food sucks you can always hit up a fast food drive through in your wedding finery after the reception. :pb_lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived