IGNORED

Maxwell 9: Woks and spices - what's next?

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I remember that piece of crap too. 

She has been a captoutive of Maxhell since conception, so I would doubt that she knows than the forced birth (calling them pro life is inaccurate to me) rhetoric regarding abortion.  Also, someone should explain to Anna about all of the potential blessings her father killed when he had that vasectomy.

When Steve got snipped did all his family jewels cry out "Daddy Daddy why are you doing this to me?"

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When Steve got snipped did all his family jewels cry out "Daddy Daddy why are you doing this to me?"

Ugh ... that would make for a scintillating family discussion. Would the extended members be invited to partake?

But you know that Steve would regard himself as blameless somehow. It's only if he SPILLS his precious baby seed that he's murdered precious babies, so he's in the clear. Only women are baby murderers in his eyes (I imagine), because that's where it happens, the previous safest place for a baby on earth.

4 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Also, someone should explain to Anna about all of the potential blessings her father killed when he had that vasectomy.

No. The last thing anyone needs is a video of the Maxwells' weeping and wailing.

3 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Also, someone should explain to Anna about all of the potential blessings her father killed when he had that vasectomy.

I'd make a comment about how it's not the same because none of Steve's "precious blessings" were fertilised eggs so don't count as "life". But I can't even assume that Anna doesn't know that.

On the other hand, the girls as far as I am concerned know far TOO much about their father's genitals. Even this, from 10 years ago, makes me ick. Just no, Sarah.

https://blog.titus2.com/2006/10/31/the-blessing-of-reversal-babies/

I clicked on this article and it's so sad how normal things seem before Steve lost it. It looks like Sarah's Birthday and Nathan and Christopher look happy when they were playing sports and went to school. Steve ran marathons and flew for fun. What a waste...the reversal post is just...no...I would never want or need to know that's why I'm here...

https://blog.titus2.com/2011/06/23/our-dad/

I've been thinking about why Anna's voice disturbs me more than Priscilla's, and I may have found the answer. I think with Priscilla's case, I think she would be the way she is, to some extent, even if she wasn't fundie. Of course, her lack of educational/therapeutic opportunities plays a role, but I don't think she was destined to be an astrophysicist regardless of her circumstances. With Anna, it's very apparent that she's been stilted because of her upbringing. She comes off as reasonably intelligent, despite sounding like a middle schooler. I think the ways in which fundamentalist stunts women is on particular display with her, and it's obvious she's been failed by her parents. 

This comment in "The Blessing of Reversal Babies" post is really disturbing

After the twins were born we made the horrible decision to end further blessings. Four years later the Lord began to work in my heart in amazing ways, showing me how wrong we were. I confessed my sin to the Lord but still carried the guilt for a long time. Then a friend rebuked me and said I had not accepted God’s forgiveness. Once I did accept His forgiveness He freed me from the guilt.

What I read from this is "if you feel guilty about something you did, that in and of itself is wrong because it's proof you did not pray properly"

Anyhow, I shared with my husband what the Lord had shown me. He too, agreed we had made a horrible mistake but he was not ready to get the reversal. After a year and a half of praying he finally submitted to what the Lord wanted. (That is a story in itself!) The devil was fighting this every step of the way. When we got to the doctor’s office parking lot my husband almost didn’t go in. I could feel the battle raging between good and evil as I waited to see if we would go in. God is faithful!! He went ahead with the surgery

The battle was truly between what he wanted and what his wife wanted. He loves his wife so he did what he knew would make her happy. But it's not like "My Body My Choice" really means much to these sorts of people :/

EDIT because this was automatically merged. The following is not from the Titus2 post, but from a user here:

On 5/16/2017 at 7:23 PM, Hane said:

Back in the '70s, Ms. magazine had an article about a single pro-life woman who actually agreed to adopt the baby if she could convince the pregnant woman to carry it to term rather than have the abortion she was seeking. It seemed obvious in the article that the adoptive mother was in a bit over her head and hadn't anticipated how challenging infant care can be.

Not that I would ever bring a pregnancy to term, but if I somehow gave birth without realizing I had been pregnant all that time, the LAST person I would choose to raise the baby would be a religious person let alone a rabid one.

I just watched the Maxwells after a long break. Man!!! Anna speaks. Still think that whole baby skit would have gone down a lot better if she'd dressed in that crustie the clown outfit.

I've been thinking about this far too much!

Do these people even realise that the enemy here isn't "the government" - there were plenty of abortions before it was legal. Coathangers anyone? In their Quiverful worldview prohibition is even worse as backstreet abortions have a far higher risk of killing the woman outright (not that they value a woman's life that much, but no woman = no baby-making machine. Think of the poor quiverfull grooms left behind) or even just an infection that would render her infertile (again, no more blessings, zomg the tragedy). By providing safe, medical abortions the government is actually preserving fertility potential.

If they really wanted to criminalise someone it really ought to be the pregnant women themselves. That's what some countries in central america do - you can land in jail for a miscarriage if there's a suspicion of its having been an abortion.

I suspect they'd never do that because if you go from an enemy no one really likes - "the government" - to criminalising the girl next door (or the person they're trying to convince) they would be facing a lot more backlash than they are.

So basically they're cowardly hypocrites.

If I was a proper internet troll I'd leave the testimony of a woman who had an abortion pre-legalisation on their blog. I'm not that big a troll but hey Steve, if you're reading here anyway...

Wow, so Sarah is allowed to go to a conference, finally.

Sure, Teri is there with her too, but she might actually  get to meet semi-normal Christians! And (bigger gasp) get some outside help with her writing.

I think it's this one, by the way:

http://colorado.writehisanswer.com/

3 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:
Wow, so Sarah is allowed to go to a conference, finally.
I think it's this one, by the way:
http://colorado.writehisanswer.com/

Sorry, but when I click the link, I see a scary looking woman with the following creepy short story:  'I love watching Father work!'  Seriously though, I hope she's not teaching Sarah writing skills. It sounds like she's been poring over Abigail's blog one too many times.

I wonder if Sarah was allowed to be alone with her friends or did the moms chaperone the coffee, pizza, and fellowship like you would a child? I get mother/daughter time, but these people spend every second together. 

It's  based in Colorado. At least Sarah will be on familiar ground. 

7 hours ago, Foudeb said:

Do these people even realise that the enemy here isn't "the government" - there were plenty of abortions before it was legal. Coathangers anyone? In their Quiverful worldview prohibition is even worse as backstreet abortions have a far higher risk of killing the woman outright (not that they value a woman's life that much, but no woman = no baby-making machine. Think of the poor quiverfull grooms left behind) or even just an infection that would render her infertile (again, no more blessings, zomg the tragedy). By providing safe, medical abortions the government is actually preserving fertility potential.

Their problem may be that they don't want the government legitimizing what they see as murder, especially if their taxes are helping to pay for the murder.  Of course one would think they should have a similar view about the death penalty, but apparently not.  The candidates they tend to vote in are all for it.

3 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

I wonder if Sarah was allowed to be alone with her friends or did the moms chaperone the coffee, pizza, and fellowship like you would a child? I get mother/daughter time, but these people spend every second together. 

Who is that family? They kind of look familiar. 

Pet Peeve, misusing me and I.    I was taught test the noun with the verb.  Mom and I went to the store, separately I went to the store or Mom went to the store, not ME went to the store.  Here is a picture of Sarah and Me is correct not, here is a picture of I.   Minor but to me basic grammar.    I really hope she can learn some new writing techniques.   

Just had a look at the photos taken for the latest post. I'm a couple of years younger than Sarah and have had different struggles compared to her - I think we can all agree that there is not much that compares to Sarah's sad, wasted life.

It struck me that Sarah looks simultaneously young and old in her pictures. She's developing wrinkles around her eyes and she just looks so beaten down. But she always wears bright colours and hair ties and carries herself like she's a timid little girl.

Can stress and sadness have that much of a detrimental effect on your health and appearance? Because I don't think any amount of exercise and green smoothies are cutting it anymore. I feel bad for her.

On the other hand, Terri looks like she's glowing with happiness at the little bit of freedom she's getting.  She even looks happy to be cleaning her own windshield, instead of letting one of "the guys" do it. 

I like the waves Sarah has in some of the photos. By contrast, in that video, Anna's sporting Old Skool Duggar Curls. Like others, I don't like that hairstyle- it always manages to look quite greasy/permanently wet. 

49 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I like the waves Sarah has in some of the photos. By contrast, in that video, Anna's sporting Old Skool Duggar Curls. Like others, I don't like that hairstyle- it always manages to look quite greasy/permanently wet. 

I like the waves too. We snark on the headbands/flowers/whatever Sarah puts in her hair but she does seem to sometimes actually try to put an effort into looking nice. Anna's hair needs a deep conditioning. My hair looks kind of like that when it gets oily a few days after I have flat ironed it straight. I think they were raised to be plain so you probably aren't supposed to do much to make you stick out. 

Just think how many more Maxwells there could be if Steve hadn't blocked the blessings from flowing!

*shudder*

8 hours ago, socalrules said:

I like the waves too. We snark on the headbands/flowers/whatever Sarah puts in her hair but she does seem to sometimes actually try to put an effort into looking nice. Anna's hair needs a deep conditioning. My hair looks kind of like that when it gets oily a few days after I have flat ironed it straight. I think they were raised to be plain so you probably aren't supposed to do much to make you stick out. 

I went through a long period of my teens and twenties having my hair be somehow both oily and frizzy dry - I spent years combing squeaky clean wet hair into a ponytail and never touching a conditioner bottle. Co-wash is now my best friend, with sea salt shampoo from Lush a close second. 

I agree with you that the Maxwell girls could do more in terms of upkeep - I guess it could also be that they are limited in what they can buy/use. I can't see them in a place like Lush, or The Body Shop or even Priceline. Too pricey, too scent-y, too flashy. When thinking of shampoo for Maxhell they probably consider low cost and something to suit everyone. So something like bulk H&S from Costco, which gets the job done but is not for everyone. Getting a product for themselves is selfish and would be going against the Borg, and that is unacceptable. 

Sarah is happiest away from her family. The pictures of her outings with friends and her outings with family are so, so, so different. In the former, like her and the trip to Texas, she's radiant and very obviously happy. In the later, like when she, Teri, Mary and Anna went on their day out recently, she's tense and very obviously putting on her best face. 

I really wish Steve would let her go so she could be happy. What the fuck is wrong with him that he would raise his daughters to believe that their only goal in life is to be a wife and mother, and then not allow them to do so. 

On 5/17/2017 at 9:54 PM, Captain Obvious said:

The girls as far as I am concerned know far TOO much about their father's genitals. Even this, from 10 years ago, makes me ick. Just no, Sarah.

https://blog.titus2.com/2006/10/31/the-blessing-of-reversal-babies/

Yep. I'm constantly astounded that Stevehovah felt the need to discuss the state of his 'nads with his kids, and at such great length.

OT: I'm kind of loving the frumpers pic in the link above. Once more, Melanie is tacitly announcing, "Yes, I'll color-coordinate with you and smile for the camera, but DAMN if I'm going for long fundie hair and a frumper!"

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived