IGNORED

Maxwell 9: Woks and spices - what's next?

Coconut Flan

12 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

It looks like Steve and Teri brought Anna on stage at some point during the IBLP conference. For what point - since their presentations were about parenting - I'm not sure.

To put her on display for potential headships?

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

To put her on display for potential headships?

That was my first thought, too. 

Given the context - I think the presentation was supposed to be on the "tools of parenting" - I would have thought even fundies would have seen it as blatant.

Also, if that's Anna's Husband Attracting Outfit I feel desperately sorry for her. She's wearing something that makes her look 2 sizes larger. But I guess her usual tight fitting plaid shirts wouldn't have cut it in the presence of the Duggars and Bateses.

My ex sister-in-law has a high speaking voice.  I've never heard her not speak that way, so it's for real.  I've been around other women who fake it, for whatever reason.  They'll get bored, stressed, angry, etc, and suddenly they're talking in a lower register.

There was this one young lady that drove me nuts.  We were working customer service in a call center.  We were trained to get the customer to like us, if possible.  If you like each other it's easier to work together to solve the problem.  Most of us apologized for any problems, and made small talk to see if we could find commonality.  It doesn't always work, but it helps.  

The young woman I'm talking about went with an "Aren't I Cute?" approach.  She had the Baby Voice, a lisp, and was so perky it made me cringe.  I was relieved to be moved to another section and for two years I didn't have to hear "Oh, you're so sweet!  <simper>  No, I really AM over 18!"  When I was moved back again, I was surprised to hear Miss Baby Voice talking like an adult, no lisp; unless she was talking to old men or guys she was flirting with.  I hate fake.

I watched an episode of Inside the Actors Studio with the Simpsons actors and Yeardley Smith (Lisa) said she'd had the same voice since she was six. Her voice is basically the same as Lisa's except slightly lower. 

7 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I watched an episode of Inside the Actors Studio with the Simpsons actors and Yeardley Smith (Lisa) said she'd had the same voice since she was six. 

They originally  wanted her to be the voice of Bart. 

38 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

They originally  wanted her to be the voice of Bart. 

Yep, and she read the lines and they were like nope! but gave her Lisa.

Likewise Nancy Cartwright being originally meant to be Lisa, but preferred the sound of Bart's character.

13 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Likewise Nancy Cartwright being originally meant to be Lisa, but preferred the sound of Bart's character.

Always love that Bart is played by a woman. Cartwright has 2 kids so Bart was pregnant. 

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I'd like to congrats Elissa for not being pregnant!

And Amish Anna as well.

7 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Always love that Bart is played by a woman. Cartwright has 2 kids so Bart was pregnant. 

Did you ever see the Twilight Zone movie that came out in the early 1980s? A young Nancy Cartwright has a minor role where she's trapped in a house with a little boy who can make things happen by wishing for it. He gets angry at Nancy's character and wishes her into Cartoonland. I guess she's been there ever since. :D

That clip...what is the point?

Their blog is aimed at a particular faction of hyper conservative Christians who have heard it all befire and need no more convincing.

Or does she seriously think that her arguments are so original that us heathen folks will be dazzled by their brilliance and be dragged into the light?  What can an 20 something year old child, who has been brought up to have the critical thinking of an invertebrate, possibly add to any argument? All she can do is regurgitate the same tired lines and the same tired texts.

On 5/14/2017 at 11:04 PM, SPHASH said:

What pisses me off about these anti choice cunts is that they would  NEVER offer to adopt a child to save it from an abortion.  Then they bitch about there tax dollars going to public assistance and Medicaid so the mother can get medical care for her and baby.

Back in the '70s, Ms. magazine had an article about a single pro-life woman who actually agreed to adopt the baby if she could convince the pregnant woman to carry it to term rather than have the abortion she was seeking. It seemed obvious in the article that the adoptive mother was in a bit over her head and hadn't anticipated how challenging infant care can be.

@uber frau I kept thinking the same thing. What's the point of preaching to the choir? Her words are an exact repeat of the cities4 life website she talks about (headed by one of the douchy Benham brothers btw). This includes the holocaust cattle car story, right there on the website. As you said it's just regurgitated words.

Pardon my English but these people's lives are like one big circle jerk. They just keep egging each other on while increasingly losing touch with the real world. 

Is comparing abortion to the Holocaust a thing in the US? Because here, from a European perspective, I just can't - it's like comparing apples to the nuclear bomb. We have history classes on how this could happen - isolating the Jewish population, subjecting them to specific laws and barring them from mainstream society dates back a few centuries before 1933. But then looking at how certain professions were barred to certain parts of the population and part of the population was forced to wear specific identifying garments may just strike a bit too close to their own practises.

And I do get her point about not standing by doing nothing, but what exactly is she doing apart from flogging a website? She could be handing out condoms to teenagers, lobbying her elected officials to make the pill free and accessible to all or even just to give everyone maternity leave, child benefits and universal healthcare. Surely that would influence pregnant people more than any half-arsed video by a twenty-embarrassing virgin parroting her parents' sick beliefs.

Or she could just have sex every other day (doesn't really matter with whom as long as they're male and fertile) - in my book, not doing that equals willfully killing her eggs. After all we all know they are only there to become half a beating heart and dying right there, "where they should be most safe" is nothing less than mass murder by negligence. Every period is a cattle car, Anna!

And back to her comparison - you could and would be sent to a camp yourself for helping a Jewish person in Nazi occupied territories. What exactly is she risking herself? A nice round of applause?

Not impressed. Really, really not impressed.

@Foudeb, in my experience, no, it's not a thing.  i've never heard anyone in real life say so, and the people i know would find it incredibly offensive.  it seems every now and then a Christian conservative will publicly use the Holocaust to promote their own heinous beliefs, but the media in my region is largely liberal and gives such things minimal exposure.

That was 6 minutes I'll never get back. It was like being back in Year 7 drama class, except the 13 year old girls could come up with way better scenarios off the top of their heads than Anna can do a speech.

The Holocaust/abortion comparison is one that has always filled me with absolute anger. I'm not Jewish, but from what I understand, there are many Jewish people who consider the baby to be a foetus until it's born, then it's a person? Going by that, the comparison is grossly insulting.

Anna also clearly has no idea about what goes on inside: 'My name is Emma! I'm a real person just like you! And I live in the womb which used to be the safest place ever until the government which I should know nothing about passed a law decades ago and now Mummy and Daddy are gonna KILL ME!' It makes it seem like Anna thinks babies are mostly developed early on and parents are just killing them for fun.

Also I did briefly consider singing loudly so I wouldn't have to hear her girly girl voice. But that's what the stop button is for.

Sweet Jesus she pretended to be a foetus?? My God what a fucked up idea. 

First she was Gerda the Jewish Holocaust Victim: 'a person just like you', then made a jump 77 years later (reincarnation?) to become Emma the Baby Abortion Victim, also 'a person just like you'.

It was not pretty.

I've often been wary of watching any kind of fundie video. It took me a long time to muster up the courage to watch any Duggar related clip. I've watched one Maxwell thing, which was that Young Presenters intro from a couple of years ago. 

There is no way in hell I'm watching this.  

If you want to hurt yourself spending 33 minutes watching Ray Comfort compare abortion and the Holocaust, look up his 180 movie on youtube.  (Incidentally, he has a new book entitled Banana Man)

To me Anna has the voice of a 6th grader.

9 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

In high school I read an entire book written in the first person from the viewpoint of an embryo whose mother ends up getting an abortion by pills. Remember pill abortions are used until about 8 weeks, which means we're talking about a one-inch embryo with no brain activity. The "baby" in the book was sucking its thumb and doing somersaults, talking to its mom, dreaming and laughing at its dad's voice, until it gets painfully murdered by chemicals while crying out "Mommy, why would you do this to me??"

Not only fucked up but completely medically inaccurate.

According to Anna if it has a skin and a beating heart, it's human. So snakes are human, just like pigs, cod or pigeons.

Easy, no?

7 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

In high school I read an entire book written in the first person from the viewpoint of an embryo whose mother ends up getting an abortion by pills. Remember pill abortions are used until about 8 weeks, which means we're talking about a one-inch embryo with no brain activity. The "baby" in the book was sucking its thumb and doing somersaults, talking to its mom, dreaming and laughing at its dad's voice, until it gets painfully murdered by chemicals while crying out "Mommy, why would you do this to me??"

Not only fucked up but completely medically inaccurate.

I remember that piece of crap too. 

2 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Does Anna even know how babies get made? Seriously, she might not!

She has been a captive of Maxhell since conception, so I would doubt that she knows than the forced birth (calling them pro life is inaccurate to me) rhetoric regarding abortion.  Also, someone should explain to Anna about all of the potential blessings her father killed when he had that vasectomy.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived