IGNORED

Maxwell 9: Woks and spices - what's next?

Coconut Flan

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lord laid it on my heart the end of February to attend this conference

Lol, this is quite old-school Maxwell, or at least if they do use the phrase to each other, it's not the type of 'modern' image they have being trying to portray in the last few years since the various businesses failed and the conferences went tits2-up.

Re Stud John's absence. I'm hoping that Stevie has given him more freedom so that the family don't loose him. Letting him go to John-Marie's wedding, the California trip, the trip to the unknown country abroad etc... of course we will never know.

From the new post about the Writer's Conference:

"Something dawned on me one day. I always wanted to experience being in a snowstorm in a mountain town in Colorado, and here it was, in May, and the Lord gave it to me! Wow!"

Does Sarah really think she is so super special that God made a big snowstorm just for her? She is such an obnoxious little twat. 

18 hours ago, SPHASH said:
If you go to Yelloestone go to the Tetons as well.  Much better than Rocky Mountain Nationak Park.

Agreed! Did a trip to Yellowstone the week after Labor Day last year - it was the best of both worlds as the crowds had thinned out but the weather was still fine. It's an extraordinary place, and if your kids love science and nature it's up their alley. What is remarkable is you can make Yellowstone as rustic or luxurious as you like. However, if you want to stay in/near the park you typically need to book your cabin or campsite a year in advance.

I wish I had time to get to Teton, but we only had 4 days at Yellowstone and made the decision to spend that at Yellowstone and come back and do the Tetons. We were in Montana for a wedding, so couldn't really give Yellowstone more time than that.

PM me if you would like some recommendations! There is some cool stuff within a couple hours of the park that is worth visiting as well.

I see the Maxwells were at the Omaha Zoo again - so disappointed I missed them by 2 days! I was in town that Thursday - I just narrowly missed them. I'm pretty sure they have never met a fan who looks like me with a pompadour and shaved sides!

I can' t imagine how miserable life is when you make no decisions about anything. Always waiting for your god to 'lay something on your heart'. No wonder they clean their cabinets all the time and read their bibles. They can't make a move til Steve their god plants it into their heart. 

Honestly the Maxwell rule about no collarbones showing is just daft. The white thing Teri's got under her main top just looks so unnecessary- the black top is modest enough as is. 

It's interesting how Sarah mentions "character" in the singular with regard to her new book. Will it be written in the first person, I wonder...

36 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

It's interesting how Sarah mentions "character" in the singular with regard to her new book. Will it be written in the first person, I wonder...

I thought when the Moody series ended, Sarah was working on a new series set in a small town. I remember she visited a small town to get a feel for it. I wonder if this is still what she is working on? 

53 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Lemme guess, it will be about a girl/woman patiently waiting on the lord who lives with her family, loves her siblings, has a sister with a wok, and writes children's books.

@spookytwoshoes, snow in May in the Rockies is not unheard of nor, for that matter, snow in June.  When we were in Denver around Father's Day in '75, Eisenhower Tunnel and I-70 Westbound were closed due to snow.  

18 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Re Stud John's absence. I'm hoping that Stevie has given him more freedom so that the family don't loose him. Letting him go to John-Marie's wedding, the California trip, the trip to the unknown country abroad etc... of course we will never know.

Wait, WHAT?  We still don't know where Stud John went on that trip? I know there was rampant and considered speculation at the time about where he went (Mexico?), but I thought at some point Stevehovah would have decided to drop a hint, or, you know, just let people know after time passed.  

28 minutes ago, Howl said:

Wait, WHAT?  We still don't know where Stud John went on that trip? I know there was rampant and considered speculation at the time about where he went (Mexico?), but I thought at some point Stevehovah would have decided to drop a hint, or, you know, just let people know after time passed.  

If they won't tell us the lettuce cutter trick then we will never find out where John went...

6 hours ago, Howl said:

If I recall in the past year maybe when it was his birthday, the post gave a greating from a friend in a foreign country or this friend left a comment which gave it away. It was a friend from a 'developing' country and not the comment left the other year from 'Tom of Finland'. ;-)

John was at John-Marie's wedding. Atleast, that appears to be him far left of this photo. Looks like he was a groomsman.

ETA: Actually, looking closer, it might be Joseph?

Great find!  It does look like John to me. But, wait...suspenders with belts on the groomsmen? I know nothing about fashion (and that's fine by me), but isn't that a bit redundant?

14 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Where in the world is John Maxwell?

Hopefully hanging out with Carmen Sandiego. 

@crawfishgirlI live in the Midwest but regularly travel to Colorado, I love the mountains so different from the flatlands that I have to live in.   Also have a sister in southwestern Utah so have combined travel in CO with visiting her.

Agree with @HoneyBunny on southwestern Colorado combined with southern Utah.  Seriously recommend going on the Durango Silverton Railroad.  A few years ago we did that along with going to Mesa Verde National Park. which is west of Durango.  No time to get to Telluride on that trip, but if you can, do that.

11 hours ago, Snarfblatt said:

Hopefully hanging out with Carmen Sandiego. 

Coming soon to Netflix!  (voiced by Gina Rodriguez of Jane the Virgin fame)

They did the same thing a couple of years ago.

Is there an organised push to eulogise 'the unborn' from the pro-life lobby,or is it just a Maxwell thing?

They're really pushing their pro-life politics at the moment. Is this a response to any particular (real or imagimary) social or political climate,or have they just run out of ideas to sell?

That last post pissed me off.  1) Not all military members are soldiers.  Soldiers = Army.  There are also airmen, sailors, and marines who have made the ultimate sacrifice.  If you claim to be so educated then get it right.  

2)  How dare they use today to corrupt a message of honoring those who served and died to push their agenda and Mary Maxwell's video.   As a soldier who has several friends and classmates who have given their last full measure, I find this incredibly inappropriate.  

I'm tempted to write a reply to the post but I know Stevehovah won't approve it.  

Have some respect Maxewells.  If you are going to honor the fallen, then don't try and self aggrandize and make it about you and your agenda.  

I think they are trying to get Anna's abortion video to go viral. 

So wrong on so many levels that they sad this. But do to the fact that they are the Maxwell it does not surprise me at all. 

It's a good thing we are not a fundie Christian Nation; secular people and those of religion who are not buried in fundie dogma can, will and do honor the men & women who lost their lives - - so asshats like the Maxwells can push their agenda without recourse. 

Way to disregard their sacrifice. 

I know not everyone acknowledges today as it is set apart do be done, but even those who look at is as a long weekend and nothing more are at least not using the sacrifice of others as a piggy back ride to their own show.

First time in a while where I actually said "oh, fuck off!" out loud while reading a Maxwells blog post. First of all, Stevie, your controlling, selfish ass would never allow your children to serve in the military, and I doubt your ass ever actually saw combat (FJ, correct me if I am dead wrong on this). Second, are you seriously comparing soldiers who died fighting for their country/died fighting protracted, useless wars they were only conscripted into fighting because of the draft or a promise of free college and health insurance to abortion (not to mention, what about all the babies who have been killed because of the wars our leaders have waged)? Third of all, you can fuck right off with that holocaust comparison.

Go fuck yourselves, Maxwells.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived