IGNORED

Maxwell 9: Woks and spices - what's next?

Coconut Flan

Or...it could be about as interesting as usual; e.g., they've tried a new variety of dental floss and posted a link.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Stud John got married.  That's why he wasn't at the Easter dinner.

I'll be annoyed because I had a sad fundie fantasy that Jana and Hot John would get married and then JD would get to know Sarah at the wedding festivities. And they would elope together causing Steve's head to completely explode. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'll be annoyed because I had a sad fundie fantasy that Jana and Hot John would get married and then JD would get to know Sarah at the wedding festivities. And they would elope together causing Steve's head to completely explode. 

This would be a sight. Can't imagine the fallout would be pretty.

Her post doesn't say it's an announcement, only that it's special. My vote is on Sarah's new book or some shitty mother's day video about how much they all love Terri.

Well, I think you all don't know what you are talking about! I think they REALLY celebrated Mother's day and Teri got to eat THREE animal crackers and drink a Pepsi!!!!!!

It's bound to be a pregnancy announcement.

They already did the Generic Mothers' Day Post. And Sarah said the other day that she had only done the outline for her new book, so unless she's rushed it out, it's not finished. 

Mind you, if she is writing a book for teens as has been discussed here, she could just change the names of the Moody characters to Stephanie, Andrea and Marian, pretend they're teenagers and presto - instant book. It's not like the teens she's writing about will have lives any different to the Moody children anyway. 

Hmm, might just be a pregnancy announcement from Joseph and Elissa.

I checked their about section and Joseph's blurb now says "Joseph’s wife is Elissa, and they have one child (so far) Calia". It used to say that they'd had Calia "last October". 

Now, they could have just updated it because Calia turned one last October, and the wording could just be passive aggressive on their part because they haven't had another yet. But this was changed within the last week (I checked the about section the other day to double check a date, so I know it was changed within that time). 

Damnit Maxwells, just post the damn announcement. 

Ooo, and I think they changed the word on Christopher's blurb. I don't remember what it said before, but I know they didn't mention homeschooling before, nor did they use the word "currently" to describe the number of children they have. 

Oh, Grizzy, CUT YOUR HAIR!

Disclaimer: I'm not here to say women must have shorter hair after a certain age nor am I criticizing anybody's hair -- BUT TERI'S!

Lady, you have one of the longest, narrowest faces ever. You do yourself negative favors, leaving it long. 

Look: it appears to be healthy, with some body to it and maybe even nice and thick. So cut it collar-length!  Have them trim in some light layers so there's a little width to balance your countenance's length!

Teri, I too have depression. You know what helps a little bit every day? Seeing myself in the mirror, looking nice.  Looking fresh and dare I say it bouncy. When my hair is lank and shapeless or plastered down the sides of my face, I think, "Feh. Useless.  The world is drab and so am I."

God created the world and all that is in it with proportions and scale. And balance. And beauty. You have been blessed with a strong constitution and life in a country where a woman has a right to her body -- including the hairs on her head. 

For the love of Pete, see a hair stylist!

And if Steve screams/cries (my money is on he'll cry), do like my sainted momma used to do me and say, "It'll grow back."

Moses and all the prophets I cannot take this bunch!!!!! 

I remember last year Teri was described as "totally real". She's not described as such this year. Is she a hologram now?

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Oh, Grizzy, CUT YOUR HAIR!

Disclaimer: I'm not here to say women must have shorter hair after a certain age nor am I criticizing anybody's hair -- BUT TERI'S!

I guess they get into that bible verse that says a woman's hair is her glory, or however it goes.  I never quite understood what that verse meant, but a lot of fundie women do seem to keep their hair long.

Tbh, though, I thought the picture at the top of the Mother's Day post is very nice, long hair and all.

Maybe it's my imagination but Teri looks much more relaxed and happy since her kids are grown.  I always got a strong feeling from her writings that dealing with little ones is not her favorite thing.

I'm beginning to think it might actually just be a video of all the grandchildren singing a song or something.

Griselda Teri sucks as a mother.  Teaching her kids to be judgemental.  Remember when she took Poor Sarah to the airport so they could watch all the immodestly dressed people?

Video is up.  Its about fucking abortion!

Goofy Anna compares abortion to the Holocaust.  Fuck you and the horse you rode in on Maxwells!

In this heart-wrenching, powerful six-minute video, Anna will share something that may change your life. We want this message to go far and wide. It’s one our culture desperately needs to hear. After watching this, please take 5 minutes and send it to 5 friends, and ask them to do the same.

The Maxwells try their hand at clickbait but default back to chain emails from the late 90s. All they're missing is the ghost of a murdered girl with no face who will appear in your room at midnight to devour your soul if you don't forward this to the requisite 5 friends within 5 minutes.

I notice they've updated their 'about us' page more as well. Now, apparently both Anna and Mary are passionate about ministry to children, born and unborn, Mary is studying graphic design (no doubt just by buying herself a book about it, rather than learning from an actual, qualified teacher), Sarah does bookkeeping for three small businesses (who's betting they're all MaxHell businesses?) and Anna does IT desk help for a small business. 

I have no words re the Holocaust abortion comparison, so all I'll say about the video is that Anna's voice was very breathy and she sounded like she was addressing primary school children. I hope she was just putting it on.

The weird little girl voice that both Anna and Sarah (and I'm gonna assume Mary, too) are really off-putting and make them seem slow, for lack of a better word. My 11-year-old niece sounds more adult than these women do. It's borderline creepy and probably doesn't help them attract suitors. 

37 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

The weird little girl voice that both Anna and Sarah (and I'm gonna assume Mary, too) are really off-putting and make them seem slow, for lack of a better word. My 11-year-old niece sounds more adult than these women do. It's borderline creepy and probably doesn't help them attract suitors. 

I refuse to even look at the damnable thing so tell me, is the voice similar to Priscilla, AKA OfTFDW?

As I feel the majority of commentors are actually FJ on the blog let's no one comment on this horrible horrible post  

Especially as it's aimed at us, the maxwell true believers don't need a reminder that foetuses are far more valuable  than women. 

I wish it was ANY of the things mentioned above. 

Dear God! I could not even watch for a whole minute as Anna does this dramatic recitation, taking on the persona of a Jewish woman living through the Holocaust.  At least, I think that's what she was doing and I can only guess she was headed toward the abortion issue. 

I CANNOT STAND that kind of breathless, over dramatic "reading," and I certainly cannot stand people using the Holocaust to promote their own agenda. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived