IGNORED

Maxwell 9: Woks and spices - what's next?

Coconut Flan

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 3:23 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Who is that family? They kind of look familiar  

They stayed with that family last summer on somw might call a vacation.  Also when Goofy Anna and Scary Mary went to help at Operation Xmas Child they alonf with Forgotten Jesse as a chaperone they stayed with them too.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Sarah is happiest away from her family. The pictures of her outings with friends and her outings with family are so, so, so different. In the former, like her and the trip to Texas, she's radiant and very obviously happy. In the later, like when she, Teri, Mary and Anna went on their day out recently, she's tense and very obviously putting on her best face. 

I really wish Steve would let her go so she could be happy. What the fuck is wrong with him that he would raise his daughters to believe that their only goal in life is to be a wife and mother, and then not allow them to do so. 

I know I'm gonna sound like an asshole for saying this, but I really don't give a shit, and I won't apologize for how I feel. I hope he dies sooner than later. At least then his daughters might have a chance to get married. While they will proabably 'have' to get approval from their brothers, I can see them being more open and accepting - though on the other hand, after daddy goes to hell, the 'girls' will be good live-in-helpers for them. :tw_angry:

I can't read "Mom and I are having a blessed time" without thinking of The Handmaid's Tale. I'm waiting for someone to sign off on a comment with "Under His Eye."

New post up.  Poor Sarah and Griselda Teri are blessed by the snow.

It looks like at least Terri had the sense to take a warm coat.

21 hours ago, nomoxian said:

I know I'm gonna sound like an asshole for saying this, but I really don't give a shit, and I won't apologize for how I feel. I hope he dies sooner than later. At least then his daughters might have a chance to get married. While they will proabably 'have' to get approval from their brothers, I can see them being more open and accepting - though on the other hand, after daddy goes to hell, the 'girls' will be good live-in-helpers for them. :tw_angry:

Would you say the same for the Botkins?

2 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

When Prissy Chris made balloon animals at the fair this is the story he tells the kids  

http://www.professorwonder.com/balloon5.htm

WTF? If I had a small child getting a dog balloon animal, that is not the story they need to hear! No one wants to hear about a dog getting trampled to death and then a message about Jesus. Why can't these people just say "God bless you or God be with you?" Something to that effect? 

33 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

WTF? If I had a small child getting a dog balloon animal, that is not the story they need to hear! No one wants to hear about a dog getting trampled to death and then a message about Jesus. Why can't these people just say "God bless you or God be with you?" Something to that effect? 

I wonder if thats the reason they switched to face painting

Wow that was an incredibly bizarre balloon animal story to tell kids. Do even fundies get sick of talking about Jesus? I definitely would. It's enough! I can't even talk about a favorite show or movie to that extent. I really don't know how the Maxwell's aren't all Jesus-ed out at this point. There must be Jesus fatigue. Maybe a non-Jesus or hell-centered conversation would feel nice. They should try it. It's gotta suck knowing everyone you talk to is cringing and wanting to get the hell away from "that" family. 

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

I wonder if thats the reason they switched to face painting

They face paint? Oh Rufus help us! Kids think face painting is fun, and isn't fun an evil waste of time?

26 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

They face paint? Oh Rufus help us! Kids think face painting is fun, and isn't fun an evil waste of time?

Mary and Goofy Anna set up a booth last summer at the fair and face painted kids for free and a religious tract to take home. 

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Very interesting, Crazy Eye Nate and Prissy Chris are into HAM radio.  

http://www.city-data.com/aradio/lic-Leavenworth-Kansas.html

Maybe its for Communication Concepts purposes.

I also find it interesting that Nathan's license expired in 2014, two months after Christopher got his. Why would they do that?Passing the torch from one brother to another?

37 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I also find it interesting that Nathan's license expired in 2014, two months after Christopher got his. Why would they do that?Passing the torch from one brother to another?

If they're proselytizing over radio, they probably only need one of them at a time to spread tales of fire and brimstone.

3 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

If they're proselytizing over radio, they probably only need one of them at a time to spread tales of fire and brimstone.

I guess I'm just surprised they let the license lapse. I don't know what it takes to get one, but it would probably be easier to keep the license active.

14 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I guess I'm just surprised they let the license lapse. I don't know what it takes to get one, but it would probably be easier to keep the license active.

Keeping it active might cost money.

4 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Wow that was an incredibly bizarre balloon animal story to tell kids. Do even fundies get sick of talking about Jesus? I definitely would. It's enough! I can't even talk about a favorite show or movie to that extent. I really don't know how the Maxwell's aren't all Jesus-ed out at this point. There must be Jesus fatigue. Maybe a non-Jesus or hell-centered conversation would feel nice. They should try it. It's gotta suck knowing everyone you talk to is cringing and wanting to get the hell away from "that" family. 

The Jesus these people talks about bears little resemblance to the one I actually read about in the Bible. Nowhere in the Bible do we see Jesus scaring little kids or asking them where do they think they'll go when they die. In other words, Jesus does not sound like Ken Ham or Jack Chick.

Wow that was an incredibly bizarre balloon animal story to tell kids. Do even fundies get sick of talking about Jesus?

It's gotta suck knowing everyone you talk to is cringing and wanting to get the hell away from "that" family. 

'Why can't we just give out pictures of Jesus with our balloon animals, Dad? This is why no one wants to come over anymore!'

'Now Christopher, you know that the Lord laid it on my heart that you and your brothers and sisters have no friends. More time for God, each other and handing out balloons to the unclean. Now get back to rehearsing the dog story for tomorrow!'

I still remember the radio program by Focus on the Family called Tilly that came out in the 80's. It is about a woman who goes to heaven and meets the baby she aborted. And then there was Ray Boltz's song What Was I Supposed to Be about aborted babies asking what they were supposed to do if they had been born. 

On 5/17/2017 at 11:05 AM, usedbicycle said:

In high school I read an entire book written in the first person from the viewpoint of an embryo whose mother ends up getting an abortion by pills. Remember pill abortions are used until about 8 weeks, which means we're talking about a one-inch embryo with no brain activity. The "baby" in the book was sucking its thumb and doing somersaults, talking to its mom, dreaming and laughing at its dad's voice, until it gets painfully murdered by chemicals while crying out "Mommy, why would you do this to me??"

Not only fucked up but completely medically inaccurate.

I'm pretty sure I read this at some point too. Between abortion, the Rapture and the general talk of Hell and damnation, I spent a huge part of my childhood focused on death. The Maxwells would approve. 

22 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I still remember the radio program by Focus on the Family called Tilly that came out in the 80's. It is about a woman who goes to heaven and meets the baby she aborted. 

I didn't listen to the radio drama, but it was based on a book by the beloved Frank Peretti. There was also a teen novel from the mid 1990s (kind of like the Christy Miller books) about a girl who gets pregnant and the decisions she has to make. 

Ugh, my fundie-lite friend lent me the Christy Miller books in high school. Shakespeare they are not.

On 5/21/2017 at 9:42 AM, CyborgKin said:

Would you say the same for the Botkins?

I'm not familiar with them, so I can't really say; but in general, I think most fundie families would be better without a Male Headshitp. Did a search and found this video and whooooa whole lotta stupid there.

Adding, I found the teen book, it was called Choice Summer, published by FotF, of course.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived