IGNORED

Sierra - Return of the Strawberries and New Babies

choralcrusader8613

Thunderrolls.. I appreciate your post very much. I can see people totally doing it. But Sierra, is not happy just hanging in their hood. I am sure they have lots of hangers on, ones who stayed and ones who left....but she is different.....she wants what they have waaaaay too much. And I am talking about the fame, glory, and a place to be heard. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

She just isn't trying to belong or fit into a lifestyle or belief system (all cozy and safe) .....she wants to be at the top of the pile. She wants to be up front and noticed.  She wants to be the queen.( Somewhere that I cannot remember, I read that she sought out the Duggar's , she pursued them relentlessly.)

I remember reading about Sierra pursing the Duggars as well. I believe someone posted about it on here a while back.  If I remember correctly, it was Mark who met them at Walmart and he had told them that Sierra was a huge fan.  So the Duggars invited her to the compound for dinner and then she just sort of clung to them.  I remember reading that she was not into wearing long skirts/the frumpy styles until then.  She sort of developed a bit of an obsession with them and began copying them as much as possible.

I've been reading backwards for pages...where's the confirmation that sierra is pregnant again? Is she? How far along??

Not sure how far along she is, but she officially announced her pregnancy in early May on Instagram.  No baby bump pics or anything since then.

1 hour ago, habert said:

I've been reading backwards for pages...where's the confirmation that sierra is pregnant again? Is she? How far along??

I feel like she said she was due in January? I can't remember and she hasn't said anything about her pregnancy since she posted the video on YouTube (don't get me started with that). Now that she has her flip phone I don't expect too many updates. 

3 minutes ago, Ace3 said:

I feel like she said she was due in January? I can't remember and she hasn't said anything about her pregnancy since she posted the video on YouTube (don't get me started with that). Now that she has her flip phone I don't expect too many updates. 

If the flip phone stops her updates I suspect it is not long for this world.

3 hours ago, habert said:

Yep I think she said she's due sometime in January. She was 6 weeks along in early May so she must be around 14 weeks along by now.

3 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

If the flip phone stops her updates I suspect it is not long for this world.

She posted yesterday on  Mark's phone. 

30 minutes ago, marmalade said:

She posted yesterday on  Mark's phone. 

Color me shocked...that hiatus didn't last very long. 

I had an epiphany! I was thinking about why I'm so intrigued by Sierra and her story of being an average pants wearing girl, to a fundie wannabe when she was in high school. I realized it was because it's like watching Michelle and Jim Bob before the kids.  Now she's living the life Michelle had before they were famous and frumperless. It's like a weird episode of CSI where you see the crime scene- in this case the Duggars in all their 2017 glory, and where it all started. 

What does Mark do for a living?

I just skimmed her blog. It alternates between painfully awkward and utterly pointless. I feel bad for her. I don't think she's unlikable, but she is dull. I give her a ton of credit for growing a garden with what looks like 5 kids under age 5. That's nuts. When I had 3 kids under age 5, I grew one tomato plant. 

I don't think we know the actual due date. She said in her announcement video that she was due around her son Asher's birthday, which is Jan 21, but as far as I know she never gave an actual date

16 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Isn't he sometimes described as a "Youth Pastor"?

21 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I give her a ton of credit for growing a garden with what looks like 5 kids under age 5

Her oldest will be seven at the end of the month.

36 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I just skimmed her blog. It alternates between painfully awkward and utterly pointless. I feel bad for her. I don't think she's unlikable, but she is dull. I give her a ton of credit for growing a garden with what looks like 5 kids under age 5. That's nuts. When I had 3 kids under age 5, I grew one tomato plant. 

I think Mark works at a furniture store. Sam's Furniture, I believe?

1 hour ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

When I had 3 kids under age 5, I grew one tomato plant. 

I had 4 kids under six. I didn't know what a plant was.  I love your comment it made me howl. 

15 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

I had 4 kids under six. I didn't know what a plant was.  I love your comment it made me howl. 

It gets even better. I planted the tomatoes and they grew beautifully completely unattended, but they ripened when I was 9 months pregnant and had edema. I was too swollen to pick them. I never got one. The neighbor saw them and picked them all, and never even brought me one.

Edit: Sierra isn't looking so shabby 

Wow.  I'm due January 4 and found out I was pregnant on April 27 which was almost the earliest I could have found out.  If she announced in May and is due around January 21 then she announced about as soon as the pee stick was dry.  

I mean, that's her prerogative, but I just felt comfortable announcing to the world  (social media)  a week ago  (family and people who see me regularly knew before because it's my second pregnancy and I started showing almost immediately.... damn weak ab muscles).

11 hours ago, jillymuffin said:

I don't think we know the actual due date. She said in her announcement video that she was due around her son Asher's birthday, which is Jan 21, but as far as I know she never gave an actual date

And she announced on May 10...did she pull an Anna and do that video right after the pee dried on the stick??

ETA:@sparklymagie did not see your comment before I posted :) yes, talk about announcing it super early.  But it's not like this is anything the Duggar women haven't done before.

10 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

It gets even better. I planted the tomatoes and they grew beautifully completely unattended, but they ripened when I was 9 months pregnant and had edema. I was too swollen to pick them. I never got one. The neighbor saw them and picked them all, and never even brought me one.

OMG, your neighbor was a complete d-bag!  my neighbor is currently 9 months pregnant, and while she doesn't have a garden this year, if she did, i'd be weeding, watering, and harvesting for her and leaving the produce in a basket on her front step.  as it is, i will probably give her a fair share of my tomatoes this summer.

2 hours ago, ChildofScience said:

ETA:@sparklymagie did not see your comment before I posted :) yes, talk about announcing it super early.  But it's not like this is anything the Duggar women haven't done before.

Ha, great minds and all that.  Man, she really must have gone straight from the bathroom to the phone to announce! Wonder if she had a chance to tell Mark first.  Ha ha!

2 hours ago, sparklymagie said:

Wonder if she had a chance to tell Mark first.  Ha ha!

Yes, he knew. They did a really weird video to announce the pregnancy. They blindfolded the kids and had them try to identify items needed for the baby by touch (like a baby mattress). 

On 05/07/2017 at 7:06 AM, Fluffy14 said:

Personally, after raising 4 children, the youngest being just 23 I find the overuse of iPhones etc by young mothers very disconcerting. 

I see mums walking with babies in strollers glued to the phone, no communication between mum and babe.  When outside walking you can talk nonstop about trees, bees, birds, cats, the sky, anything really. 

(snip)

I just wonder what will happen to this new generation who will suffer the consequences of a very distracted parents . Lack of general communication about everyday things, and constantly having the feeling of interrupting mum. 

I fear the child might feel second fiddle , in competition with a phone.

Meh, people said the same thing about mothers using walkmans, and I'm sure there are people who complain about mothers walking down the road talking to each other too, or sitting on a bench in the park reading a book.

I think you shouldn't worry about them so much.  Just because a mother is looking at her phone for this 5 minutes, doesn't mean she's not a really good engaged mother the rest of the time, or that her child will suffer.  

The idea that mothers should be communicating "nonstop" with their children, like you suggest she should, is pretty scary to me.   No baby manual on earth says it's important to be giving the baby stimulation and communication 100% of the time they're awake.  One of the most important things for healthy child development is that the parents are happy and relaxed, and if staying in touch with friends, or keeping up to date with the world, makes the mother of a baby feel more like herself, then that's brilliant. 

@Lurky Actually, "better spend your every waking moment babbling about trees or else your baby will HATE YOU" is the advice I give to every first-time parent.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived