IGNORED

Sierra - Return of the Strawberries and New Babies

choralcrusader8613

3 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

So if looking at your phone while your kid is strapped into a stroller and can't see you is a no-no how do we feel about a boozy lunch date with a friend while your kids and hers play nicely together on the restaurant's nanny-staffed playgroud while you and the other mom break into the bubbly and shoot the breeze?  OK so long as you put the phone away and chat with Jr. while you're waling home?  I'm asking for a friend.

Absolutely not okay, you should still be breastfeeding that kid, and booze gets into the breast milk. You should be drinking only distilled spring water and kombucha. Don't eat anything with gluten, sugar, artificial sweeteners, trans fats, folic acid, or tomatoes. Meeting up with a friend is okay, but you should really be using the majority of that time for transcendental meditation, then a trip to the gym for some weight training and a quick 6-mile run home - it's very important as a mom to stay in shape and you're letting your child down if you don't. Also, always do your ovary exercises at dawn and again at sunset if you're even thinking about having more babies. And make sure you're not letting Jr. play with any kid with an IQ below 130 or whose parents have a combined income less that 150k per year.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@subsaharanafrica, I just want to know where to find a restaurant that has a nanny-staffed playground! Do they have an age limit? Er, a friend would like to know. 

1 minute ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@subsaharanafrica, I just want to know where to find a restaurant that has a nanny-staffed playground! Do they have an age limit? Er, a friend would like to know. 

East Africa. It truly is a magical continent. There are half a dozen within a couple miles of my er um friend's house. 

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

@singsingsing ok I have to ask: what is ovary exercise? 

*Off to YouTube (because there is a video for everything on YouTube)!

:pb_lol: I'm sorry, I have to admit... I just totally made it up off the top of my head because it sounded weird and like something that would be used to shame a woman ("If you'd just done your ovary exercises regularly, this wouldn't have happened!") But I just googled it, and sure enough.... Apparently you charge up your Ching and let the estrogen flow to your ovaries, then you let your life force do... something. I'm not sure what, because the description cut off and I'm not watching the video.

So yes, ladies. Always remember to do your ovary exercises. 

On 11.9.2017 at 6:28 PM, singsingsing said:

Absolutely not okay, you should still be breastfeeding that kid, and booze gets into the breast milk. You should be drinking only distilled spring water and kombucha

Until here I thought you were serious. Dear l*rd.. I need a holiday. 

So Sierra made a "Happy Grandparents' Day" card with her kids. The sixth one must be for the new baby, right. What does it say his name is... Aztlan?!

So Sierra made a "Happy Grandparents' Day" card with her kids. The sixth one must be for the new baby, right. What does it say his name is... Aztlan?!

Looks like little kid spelling for something like Ashton? Which seems way too close to Asher. I wouldn't put it past any of these people to name their kid something like Aztlan though...

It seems like an odd choice for a baby name, but they're probably trying to honour their Mexican heritage. Honestly, I like that Sierra seems to fully embrace her husband and children's ethnic and cultural background, unlike certain other fundies (coughJillRodriguescough).

I don't think Aztlan is the new baby.

They've put each child's fingerprint lovehearts above the name. Unless that kids got hands that somehow reach beyond the womb or Sierra's got smaller fingers than Khai.

Maybe a cousin? (or maybe they're really calling this one Aztlan and I will forever call them Atlas or Azlan because I can't pronounce that without sounding ridiculous)

I did find this

Aztlan is the mythical place of origin of the Aztec peoples. In their language (Nahuatl), the roots of Aztlan are the two words: aztatl tlan(tli) meaning "heron" and "place of," respectively. 

at this website. Interesting. I wonder if Aztlan is the name of the little boy in the family (from Texas, wasn't it?) that were shown at Sierra's family's house.

Yes, they have family displaced by Hurricane Harvey living with them, and they have a little boy, presumably named Aztlan, the mythical home of the Nahuatl people. Sierra's nephew.

You can listen to a pronunciation of Aztlan here: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Astlan.ogg

Its just "Asst--Lahn"-- not difficult.

More important is that, for the 2nd year in a row, Sierra demonstrates that she cannot spell the french phrase for appetizers:  

12 minutes ago, habert said:

Sierra’s insta story says she’s starting a diet tomorrow...but isn’t she pregnant??

Yes, she's due in January. Maybe she just means that she's going to be eating healthier? 

20 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Yes, she's due in January. Maybe she just means that she's going to be eating healthier? 

Will she be allowed to eat hors d'ouvers, Holland Barn style? : )

• 2 weeks later...

Sierra has a new blog post with advice on putting together a baby registry with a convenient link to her own registry as a handy example. You guys. She is registered for PAGES of shit. For her SIXTH child.. someone called her out in her instagram comments and she responded by saying that she hasn't had a boy in 5 years so they're "starting over" in a lot of ways. :pb_rollseyes: I'm pretty sure the baby is not going to care if it's in a gender specific onesie. She also claims people ask her all the time what they can get for the babies so it's easier to send a link. Isn't the polite thing to do if you actually know these people is to invite them to bring over a meal or something? This seems like a blatant gift grab.

I guess since "blessings" are the most important thing in a woman's life in this culture and a sign of her worth, maybe all of the women have endless registries for each of their many children. Maybe all of their friends just love this. Maybe....

3 hours ago, Penelope_Clearwater said:

someone called her out in her instagram comments and she responded by saying that she hasn't had a boy in 5 years so they're "starting over" in a lot of ways. :pb_rollseyes: I'm pretty sure the baby is not going to care if it's in a gender specific onesie.

Not just that. but she was getting rid of ALL their baby boy items when she had the two girls and buying all new stuff (because clearly, baby girls can't wear their brothers' old onesies). When asked why she wasn't keeping the boy stuff, she basically said "who knows if we're ever having boys again." Well, obviously no one knew, but the probability was pret-ty damn high.

Okay, also: Sierra's newest Instagram post makes me both sad for and mad at her. It seems they're down in Texas to help with Harvey clean-up. Apparently, she had a real urge to help the construction crew (I guess she'd been taking carpentry classes in high school or whatever - Americans, is that a thing? - and enjoyed it). But THANK GOD she remembered she's a mere woman and her rightful duty was to make sammiches for teh menz! I just threw up in my mouth writing that.

Okay, also: Sierra's newest Instagram post makes me both sad for and mad at her. It seems they're down in Texas to help with Harvey clean-up. Apparently, she had a real urge to help the construction crew (I guess she'd been taking carpentry classes in high school or whatever - Americans, is that a thing? - and enjoyed it).

Re: carpentry My daughter is taking woodshop as an elective in junior high. I suppose full on carpentry might be a thing in high schools. That would be cool because it's actually a very useful skill, one I graduated without! I had always wanted to flip houses but didn't know how to do a lot of it until I met my now husband (while he was still just a friend).

I've mentioned it before and this is totally BEC but I was shocked to know that Sierra is in her 20s. I seriously have always thought she was my age, late 30s. I guess having babieezzzz back to back to back does that to you?

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

But THANK GOD she remembered she's a mere woman and her rightful duty was to make sammiches for teh menz! I just threw up in my mouth writing that.

When I saw the post, I was struck by her seeing a need and filling it. Those people do need feeding. She's a billion months pregnant and is doing what she can to help, within her current physical limitations. I have ZERO problem with Sierra setting up a sandwich bar - she appears to be "walking the walk" more than the Dullards.

Uh, yeah. I don't have a problem with her feeding people. I have a problem with her apprently needing to be content with "women's work" when she'd rather be doing what the men are doing.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived