IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Getting Married is Too Much Work!

choralcrusader8613

I don't think that Jessa enjoyed her proposal at all - not until they came to the chapel. After all many of the tasks she was given made her uncomfortable (asking strangers for roses etc.).

Ben wasn't there for most of the day and she was feeling very clueless. It wasn't romantic or intimate at all, an probably would be more suited for a bachelorette's party than a proposal.

Even though Jill and Jinger's proposals involved hired musicians and a camera crew, at least they got to spend the day and experience with their loved one, and Jinger at least did seem to be genuinely surprised. 

Jessa on the other hand knew what was going to happen and was just waiting for Ben to appear while furfilling the tasks she was given by duty.

It would not surprise me at all if Jinger told Jeremy to plan something different than what Ben did.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

I'be been in a couple of weddings where that type of stuff - particularly wedding dress shopping! - happened a few months out so it seemed to me like they were waiting for Jill, but maybe not. Regardless, it's interesting to me that they couldn't make it back in time to be included in joy's bachelorette, since Jill is so close to Joy, particularly since their lives are so film-schedule-centric. It makes me wonder how soon the wedding actually is - certainly if it was only a week or two after the camping party it would have made sense for them to come into town for both. (Although of course with their obscured timelines who knows when camping even was)  

Jinger (supposedly- TLC timelines and all) got engaged at the end of July and the Dillards returned a week or two later, so I think the timing just worked out better. I'm also surprised, but not really, that Jill is missing out on Joy's wedding prep- they do seem close (I still think Jill will be Matron of Honor) but I guess that's what happens when you're a Duggar and insist on squeezing all wedding prep into three months. Everyone can't always drop everything to be by your side. The Dillards got a lot of flack for returning home so many times during their last missioncation so maybe this time they're trying to stay there as long as possible so they don't get backlashed again. And like you said, I wouldn't be surprised if camping didn't happen when they said it did. It's too bad though because I imagine Jill would have liked to have been there.

I seriously doubt even if Jill was home she wanted to go camping or kayaking or anything that they did at 7 months pregnant.  I seriously doubt Jessa or Jinger was there. I'm betting Kendra and Joe, JD, Si, Jed Jer & Jason, several friends maybe Jana, but this doesn't sound like her idea of fun. I'm sure a couple of Bates kids were there as well. 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I seriously doubt even if Jill was home she wanted to go camping or kayaking or anything that they did at 7 months pregnant.  I seriously doubt Jessa or Jinger was there. I'm betting Kendra and Joe, JD, Si, Jed Jer & Jason, several friends maybe Jana, but this doesn't sound like her idea of fun. I'm sure a couple of Bates kids were there as well. 

Ooh, would that be the first time a bates showed up on counting on since UPTV picked up their show? I know Jana appeared on bub briefly but I'm interested to see if the bates will let carlin be featured in joy's wedding activities. The two are clearly close; it would be sad if tv contracts kept carlin from appearing as a bridesmaid. 

Carlin was there. I saw a photo posted on Instagram of the two of them.

On 5/7/2017 at 5:42 PM, eleanora3 said:

Well, then. I'm getting Jill & Jessa vibes from Joy in this clip... Never thought I'd say that about Joy, but there it is. :my_confused:

11 minutes ago, MotherOfDragons said:

Well, then. I'm getting Jill & Jessa vibes from Joy in this clip... Never thought I'd say that about Joy, but there it is. :my_confused:

I never thought Joy resembled Jessa, but in this video while she's gazing adoringly at her headship, the side profiles are identical. Weird because head on I don't see it. 

7 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Pickles and Hairspray just posted that it sounds like the wedding is next weekend (5/20).  

I am actually willing to believe that. She is likely to have an "insider" among 1244089879869827309 guests the Duggars invited. I wonder if we get any announcement next week & maybe some pictures?

On 5/12/2017 at 11:59 PM, shiverful said:

I don't think that Jessa enjoyed her proposal at all - not until they came to the chapel. After all many of the tasks she was given made her uncomfortable (asking strangers for roses etc.).

I think that Jessa and Ben work a lot better as a couple now (from what I can see), but during their courtship, he did seem to do things to/for Jessa that indicated, at least to me, a thought process that went: "I heard that girls like this sort of thing. Jessa is a girl. She will like this sort of thing." Not really paying attention to Jessa's own likes and dislikes, just doing  grand romantic gestures that he assumed were romantic and cute, because chicks dig that and Jessa is a chick.

Reminds me a lot of a boyfriend I had who would constantly do big "romantic" gestures because he assumed that was how boyfriends were supposed to act, paying no attention to the fact that I wasn't particularly amused by them and felt very uncomfortable when he did them in public.

Focusing only on the performative aspects of a relationship (which we also touched on in the thread about Jinger on social media) turns the relationship hollow and artificial in most cases, IMO.

Pickles updated that it was confirmed.  Wedding is next weekend May 20th.

Pickles has confirmed, the wedding will be Saturday 5/20.

It appears it will be held at the Duggar compound

This is surreal. It feels like it was yesterday when Jinger was getting married...so 6 months from now will be Joseph's turn? 

These people move too fast.

I wonder if the Rods are invited. JillR has kept very quiet about it, if they have, this time around!

I suppose this means Jill, Derek and Israel will be back from Sintral America within a few days.

On top that Jinger and Jeremy will be travelling in from Texas, and a thousand busses of fundies will start appearing in NWA on social media. 

I think social media will easily be able to confirm whether the wedding is this weekend if any of the above are sighted somewhere different to normal during the next few days.

38 minutes ago, ValeryVal said:

Pickles has confirmed, the wedding will be Saturday 5/20.

It appears it will be held at the Duggar compound

The actual Wedding won't be at the compound, but they will have guests around before and after (per Pickles.) All pretty standard for them. Same thing happened with the other weddings - an after party was held at the TTH.

7 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

The actual Wedding won't be at the compound, but they will have guests around before and after (per Pickles.) All pretty standard for them. Same thing happened with the other weddings - an after party was held at the TTH.

Yeah this makes sense. I'm still betting the wedding is at Fort Rock. It's only like an hour away right? They could definitely drive back to the Duggar compound for an after party.

9 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Yeah this makes sense. I'm still betting the wedding is at Fort Rock. It's only like an hour away right? They could definitely drive back to the Duggar compound for an after party.

Does the camp have a Church big enough for a Duggar wedding? If not, then I doubt the actual wedding ceremony would be held there. A church is a must for them and they seem to favor holding the official receptions very close to the ceremony site so guests don't have to drive.

If there's a mega church close enough then that's a possibility, but I honestly think the ceremony and reception will be at the same location. 

12 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

If there's a mega church close enough then that's a possibility, but I honestly think the ceremony and reception will be at the same location. 

So the same Church and parking lot as Jill or Jessa?  If the forecast  is right is should be a cloudy damp day but not too hot or cold. I do hope they have something OTHER than a parking lot for a reception, spring weather in the central part of the country is way too hit an miss with rain and severe weather to just have plan A.  But who am I kidding here. 

55 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Thank you for pointing that out :)

So how do we think these two's first kiss will be like??

i'm guessing it'll be kinda awkward but no where near the cringe fest that was Jill and derick's 

9 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I hope they do a Jessa & Ben.

5 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

i'm guessing it'll be kinda awkward but no where near the cringe fest that was Jill and derick's 

I'm thinking the kisses will get better as more of the kids get married. They can get tips from the ones already married.

JoStin seem to be comfortable around each other. I have a feeling their first kiss will be one of the more natural ones. If Austin turns out to be an attention whore like Hipster Jesus then that might not be the case since he could decide over the top is better.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reception is a literal backyard reception on the Duggar compound. It would be outdoorsy like the couple while being free for Jim Boob.

I am sure the wedding will end up being very nice since TLC will likely have spent a pretty penny on a wedding planner who can decide what will look best on camera. I think it is highly unlikely it is going to be Joy or the other Duggars putting together a classy affair. They have never been shown to have any type of taste to brag about. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived