IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Getting Married is Too Much Work!

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Jinder Roles said:

Wasn't there a picture of some lace fabric that is allegedly Joy's dress on Pickles? It's cute but I'd be surprised if she went for something that fluffy...and sheer.

I thought so too but when I checked that post again I noticed renee commented that the dress is for a bride in Florida.

i was glad tbh, I don't really see joy in a lace kinda dress

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Maybe but JD was on her IG story yesterday so maybe she was in Arkansas or JD was with the bateseseses and now they're on their way to Joy's wedding festivities.

They were in Florida per the plane tracking, and also Alyssa was there. Carlin is in Nashville now visiting her bf acoording to his ig story, so I'm guessing she'll leave tomorrow or Thursday for Arkansas 

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blindfold makes me anxious but then that sort of thing would just naturally freak me out. I always wonder how much the proposals are the boy's ideas and how much is TLC.

I think Brandon Keilen is the only one who seriously planned and executed a proposal that was clearly for Michaela  and not just for the cameras.

55 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I think Brandon Keilen is the only one who seriously planned and executed a proposal that was clearly for Michaela  and not just for the cameras.

Interesting observation. Someone on FJ recently said that out of all the Duggar and Bateseseses husbands that have married into the family, Brandon is the most off putting to them. I kind of agreed- he seems most "off" to me as well. I wonder if it's a lack of fame-whorish ways or true genuinity in his intentions with Michaela. Maybe, just maybe, him seeming so "off" is just his realness.  

5 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Interesting observation. Someone on FJ recently said that out of all the Duggar and Bateseseses husbands that have married into the family, Brandon is the most off putting to them. I kind of agreed- he seems most "off" to me as well. I wonder if it's a lack of fame-whorish ways or true genuinity in his intentions with Michaela. Maybe, just maybe, him seeming so "off" is just his realness.  

I think he's just a reserved person not entirely at ease around cameras. Similar in some ways to how the Duggars are (despite being brought up on camera.) I think it just seems odd or more noticeable because he's married into a family with a ton of very loud and outgoing personalities. A quieter or more reserved personality is really going to be obvious in that setting.

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

He put a ton of thought and effort into it. He made sure she thought she was surprising him, planned a scavenger hunt that she really seemed to enjoy and that she was greatly touched by, and designed a ring specifically for her. Michael and Brandon both seemed ridiculously happy with how it turned out. I hate everything they stand for, but their happiness was kind of infectious.

On the topic of Bates' travel and Joy's wedding, has anyone noticed that Lawson has a benefit concert Friday night in North Carolina? Usually Gil/Kelly and many siblings go to his concerts. If Joy's wedding is Saturday, they will be cutting it close travel-wise.

On 5/14/2017 at 5:18 PM, Casserole said:

I never thought Joy resembled Jessa, but in this video while she's gazing adoringly at her headship, the side profiles are identical. Weird because head on I don't see it. 

Funnily enough, I've always thought that Jana, Jessa, Joy, and Johannah in particular all look a lot alike.

The dress is cute, I wonder how their modesty rules will ruin it?

On 2017-5-16 at 4:35 PM, eleanora3 said:

Their Mother's Day message was from El Salvador, wasn't it? I think that means she's probably not Joy's maid of honor..

Technically, mother's day in El salvador is on May 10th, so they could have had time to come back. And even if it wasn't, the wedding is not until saturday, they still have time to come back a couple days early

3 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Technically, mother's day in El salvador is on May 10th, so they could have had time to come back. And even if it wasn't, the wedding is not until saturday, they still have time to come back a couple days early

Oh she'll definitely be there for the wedding. But I imagine if she was maid of honor she'd come back much earlier. Maybe not, though.

1 hour ago, Mayluka said:

On the topic of Bates' travel and Joy's wedding, has anyone noticed that Lawson has a benefit concert Friday night in North Carolina? Usually Gil/Kelly and many siblings go to his concerts. If Joy's wedding is Saturday, they will be cutting it close travel-wise.

Excellent point!

2 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Lawson certainly isn't missing a chance to take selfies with everyone at a wedding. :P 

On the topic of Michael and Brandon.... I hope they have a kid soon. I felt like infertility was a little easier to deal with when I at least had one kid to take my mind of of it. So even if it takes awhile for her to have a second and third child, at least she has the first one to mother. 

Yeah. I totally get the sentiment of "no moar kids born in the cult!" but I wouldn't wish infertility on anyone. 

I just want to drop in because I was away from the internet for a week, only to come back and see ALL SORTS OF CRAP is going on with the Duggars. 

But the most noteable to me was Josiah clearly giving the game away in that Mother's Day video... I'm almost completely convinced Joy is pregnant now. Nooooooooooooo!

18 minutes ago, mizandry said:

I just want to drop in because I was away from the internet for a week, only to come back and see ALL SORTS OF CRAP is going on with the Duggars. 

But the most noteable to me was Josiah clearly giving the game away in that Mother's Day video... I'm almost completely convinced Joy is pregnant now. Nooooooooooooo!

I think you mean Jinger? Joy isn't married yet.

39 minutes ago, mizandry said:

I assume you meant Jinger!. Josiah's hesitation could be explained by two things, 1) he forgot which of his sisters is which or which have kids, or 2) Jinger is privately expecting. honestly I think either is as likely as the other haha.

11 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Yet another reason I vote 5/27. 

well, jinger posted a 'happy birthday, jill' message taken in the girls bedroom @ TTH. so she's in town.

Gotta link? I don't see it on the Duggar YouTube page or either of the Vuolo's IG. 

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

On the topic of Michael and Brandon.... I hope they have a kid soon. I felt like infertility was a little easier to deal with when I at least had one kid to take my mind of of it. So even if it takes awhile for her to have a second and third child, at least she has the first one to mother. 

6 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Yeah. I totally get the sentiment of "no moar kids born in the cult!" but I wouldn't wish infertility on anyone. 

I have been diagnosed with infertility and done several IVF and frozen embryo transfer cycles. We have decided one more treatment and then we are done, we can't do it forever. @mango_fandango is right our infertility journey is horrible and I hope no one has to endure what we have had to do. It helps when you have emotional support, hopefully Michael (and Brandon) has found a support group either in person or on social media (I belong to a couple on facebook, it has helped so much!). 

13 hours ago, SHERA said:

I have been diagnosed with infertility and done several IVF and frozen embryo transfer cycles. We have decided one more treatment and then we are done, we can't do it forever. @mango_fandango is right our infertility journey is horrible and I hope no one has to endure what we have had to do. It helps when you have emotional support, hopefully Michael (and Brandon) has found a support group either in person or on social media (I belong to a couple on facebook, it has helped so much!). 

So sorry to hear about your troubles. Infertility is a bitch and IVF is heartbreaking. I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed your next treatment is the lucky one. :my_heart:

Lawson having a concert is NC makes all of this suspect, IMO. He wouldn't miss a chance to famewhore and flying in the day of the wedding would be cutting it close. He doesn't have an affair excuse like Smugger. 

I noticed that Lawson first posted about the concert even before Joy got engaged ( feb 28, thebatesfam insta), so it has been planned for months. I doubt Joy would plan around it, i don't think she even knew about the concert when the date was set. I guess when you give people two and a half months notice for a wedding, it is likely that quite a few already have plans. 

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

Gotta link? I don't see it on the Duggar YouTube page or either of the Vuolo's IG. 

I can't find it either. Do you remember where you saw it @actuallyjessica?

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Lawson having a concert is NC makes all of this suspect, IMO. He wouldn't miss a chance to famewhore and flying in the day of the wedding would be cutting it close. He doesn't have an affair excuse like Smugger. 

I'm thinking the same. It's also possible, however, that this concert was planned for a while and JoStin weren't able to choose a different weekend for whatever reason.

I very much feel that there are two people to watch - Jill and Carlin Bates. I just don't see either of them missing the wedding if they can help it. Especially Jill. She raised Joy and Joy is the first of her kids to get married. I think it's absolutely possible that they're home and the Duggars are keeping it quiet because it would be an obvious sign the wedding could be soon... but I think Carlin or Jill traveling is likely our best hint as to when the wedding will be.

And, you know, the usual Fundies who may show up too. But especially Carlin and Jill.

I wonder if Pickles was fed the wrong date because they knew media would pick up on it? Though it would be stupid to give a date earlier than the actual wedding.

Who knows.

I was just reading the news page & a pic. of Joy/whatshisname & the headline said "Joy Dugger abruptly changes wedding date" but when I went to open it, it wouldn't open. I haven't been around for a while. is this an old story? Terrible w/e for a wedding. It's roasting down here.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived