IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Getting Married is Too Much Work!

choralcrusader8613

18 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

I think people have very different "tastes" in proposals. Most people love Ben's but I would have hated that kind of thing myself. A low-key proposal like Jill's or Jinger's would be my preference. But I do think each proposal so far has worked for the girl's personality, so props to all four guys.

Yes everybody is different. But if I was a Duggar girl, the only thing I would have wished for was a proposal, any proposal,  without relatives and camera's present. So I could actually choose to say yes, without being expected to do so by the audience. Because what's the point of asking if you can't say 'no'? I would feel trapped. But then, why should women have a real choice? Daddy already signed off on it so...

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would happen if one of the girls actually said 'no' in front oft the TLC film team? A silent death of the courtship months later? A revision after some serious conversations with various godly persons? Would the audience ever know?

Does anyone else think that since they had the bachlorette/bachelor party this past weekend that the wedding is sooner than we think?  I can't see it being past Memorial Day.  

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I only think Joy will wear pants for practical reasons. I don't think she would do it for fashion or rebellious reasons. She's seen Jinger wear shorts and pants and the world didn't end. If Austin gives her the go ahead, I bet she will wear shorts when doing work like helping him flip houses or working at the camp. I think she would still wear skirts all the rest of the time. 

Do Austin's mother and sister wear pants to do their work?   If not, I don't see Joy getting permission to wear pants - except under a skirt for modesty reasons. 

2 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Do Austin's mother and sister wear pants to do their work?   If not, I don't see Joy getting permission to wear pants - except under a skirt for modesty reasons. 

They wear pants, I can see Joy wearing pants but whatever she'll stay in the cult and be the most fundie while wearing pants.

Jill and Jinger had had very public, elaborate proposals. Derick had a guy with a guitar singing a song written specifically about the two of them, and the proposal took place in some kind of park/town square. Jinger's was on top of a building at sunset facing the New York skyline with a string quartet playing in the background. Both were professionally filmed and photographed. Not what I would call low-key at all. Jessa's just seemed exhausting.

3 hours ago, JMO said:

Does anyone else think that since they had the bachlorette/bachelor party this past weekend that the wedding is sooner than we think?  I can't see it being past Memorial Day.  

My guess was early June, like June 3rd, MAYBE June 10th, mainly because I thought I read that the Dillards will be back in June. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was Memorial weekend. 

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Jill and Jinger had had very public, elaborate proposals. Derick had a guy with a guitar singing a song written specifically about the two of them, and the proposal took place in some kind of park/town square. Jinger's was on top of a building at sunset facing the New York skyline with a string quartet playing in the background. Both were professionally filmed and photographed. Not what I would call low-key at all. Jessa's just seemed exhausting.

I think by the time everyone was on the train or whatever it was for her proposal, they were all over it. Jess's didn't seem to be enjoying herself much anymore. 

27 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Family Camp is free 6/3 and 6/10 but there's a camp during the week in between those dates, so I think that eliminates June 10th from consideration. We're down to 5/27 and 6/3. Since they've already had the bachelor/ette, I'll hold to 5/27. 

https://www.fortrock.org/events/camps-retreats/

There are camps scheduled June 1-4 and June 8-11. Someone mentioned they likely have employees who could cover for them and I agree. But I'm still leaning more towards the 27th.

Oh, I misread the meaning of "available" as that they were offering a camp, but had no takers, not that there was still space left. Ooops! 

27th it is. 

I also think the wedding date will be the 27th only because they had the bachelor/bachelorette parties, and so they can be back for his family's busy season.

Also the sudden trip to Nashville/Memphis? Maybe the final dress fitting or picking it up? 

17 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Also the sudden trip to Nashville/Memphis? Maybe the final dress fitting or picking it up? 

They flew commercial to get flower girl dresses/do fake dress try-ons - or maybe final fittings last week. That was outside of Lexington, KY. I doubt this is wedding-related, since we all know that the wedding will be held in NWA. 

You'd think JD would fly into the smaller airport where fewer flights are available rather than larger hubs like Memphis or Nashville. He COULD be flying people in for the wedding, which COULD be this weekend! Jill could have posted that blog post yesterday to lull us into thinking she was still in Danger America. Hmmm....

On 5/9/2017 at 8:49 PM, ADoyle90815 said:

I also think the wedding date will be the 27th only because they had the bachelor/bachelorette parties, and so they can be back for his family's busy season.

I'm pretty surprised they had the parties before Jill and Derrick returned. Especially from a filming perspective.  They waited for them last time.  But maybe they figured Uber pregnant Jill wouldn't want to go camping anyways haha

45 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

I'm pretty surprised they had the parties before Jill and Derrick returned. Especially from a filming perspective.  They waited for them last time. 

I'm not really sure what you mean. Jill and Derick returned from SCA in early August - well before JinJer would have had any pre-wedding festivities. Is there something I'm missing? (Completely possible - I'm tired. Lol!)

10 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

@VelociRapture I think she's talking about Joy and Austin's bachelorette/bachelor party happening before Jill and Derick could come home and be a part of them. 

Oh I got that part. I meant the part where she said they waited last time. I don't know what she means by that.

I am plus size. There is an (erroneous) assumption that plus size women have extra long arms and extra big biceps. I have neither. Pants are made too long also, I am five feet seven inches and regular length dress pants drag the floor. I'm not long waisted or anything either! I've spent a lot on tailoring.

When I find a brand that fits I buy all I can. Evan-Picone pantsuits fit me perfectly but are hard to find. I don't wear tailored clothes as much anymore, and I'm glad dress ankle pants are a thing. Knits are my friend too.

12 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Oh I got that part. I meant the part where she said they waited last time. I don't know what she means by that.

Oh. Fail for me, never mind. :)

I will say I would have thought they would have waited for Jill this time considering how close she is with Joy, but Jill may just be coming at the very last minute. Hope Joy's doing some empire waisted bridesmaid gowns! 

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

When I find a brand that fits I buy all I can. Evan-Picone pantsuits fit me perfectly but are hard to find. I don't wear tailored clothes as much anymore, and I'm glad dress ankle pants are a thing. Knits are my friend too.

My sister finds loads of Evan Picone and Alfred Dunner at the Goodwill. Perfect for work.

On 5/10/2017 at 6:48 PM, marmalade said:

They flew commercial to get flower girl dresses/do fake dress try-ons - or maybe final fittings last week. That was outside of Lexington, KY. I doubt this is wedding-related, since we all know that the wedding will be held in NWA.

Just have to add that I live in this area, and there's really not any famous bridal stores/wedding-related vendors, except for a fantastic baker who's done some celebrity stuff. (Lucky me, she sells her wares in a local coffee shop. :coke:) That said, it's too early to pick up a cake. Not to mention the famous Duggar thriftiness---I just can't imagine them flying to get a cake when they'll much more likely get one at Sam's Club.

6 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Oh. Fail for me, never mind. :)

I will say I would have thought they would have waited for Jill this time considering how close she is with Joy, but Jill may just be coming at the very last minute. Hope Joy's doing some empire waisted bridesmaid gowns! 

No, you got it right. I meant that they waited to have any pre wedding activities like bachelorettes until Jill and Derrick returned last fall. 

32 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

No, you got it right. I meant that they waited to have any pre wedding activities like bachelorettes until Jill and Derrick returned last fall. 

I don't think JinJer really "waited" for the Dillards to come back before having any pre wedding festivities. They just happened to have already been back for a couple months. Like Velocirapture said, the Dillards returned in early August, well before the normal timeline for stuff like bachelor/ette parties for a wedding in November.

All speculation, but it seems like Jill isn't returning until right before the big event. For her to have been able to participate in the pre wedding stuff, Jill probably would have either had to return earlier than planned, or the wedding would have had to be pushed back, which also would be risky since Jill is due early July, and she could very well have the baby a few weeks early. I don't think they had much choice but to leave her out.

33 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

All speculation,  but it seems like Jill isn't returning until right before the big event. For her to have been able to participate in the pre wedding stuff, Jill probably would have either had to return earlier than planned, or the wedding would have had to be pushed back, which also would be risky since Jill is due early July, and she could very well have the baby a few weeks early. I don't think they had much choice but to leave her out.

I'be been in a couple of weddings where that type of stuff - particularly wedding dress shopping! - happened a few months out so it seemed to me like they were waiting for Jill, but maybe not. Regardless, it's interesting to me that they couldn't make it back in time to be included in joy's bachelorette, since Jill is so close to Joy, particularly since their lives are so film-schedule-centric. It makes me wonder how soon the wedding actually is - certainly if it was only a week or two after the camping party it would have made sense for them to come into town for both. (Although of course with their obscured timelines who knows when camping even was)  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived