IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Getting Married is Too Much Work!

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, BoPeep said:

Amen!  I want pretty!  My kohls has a decent supply of DD bras...and in more colors than white!  Even some were lacy and a bit prettier than I've found elsewhere.  But I miss when i was 19, a C cup, and alllllll the cheap and pretty bra and panty sets were available!  And I could wear cheaper bras cause they didn't need to support quite as much! 

I shop at Kohls a lot - but they don't go up past 42. 

When we were first married my (late) husband couldn't understand why his sisters could get a bra for $1.98 and I wanted (NEEDED) the more expensive ones.   Well, I had mosquito bites that swelled bigger than his sisters' boobs.   

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I'm kind of wearing one of my Rangers shirts today as well. But I am in a thousand depressions because I can't find my Lundqvist tee! :5624796058123_Aseaoftearscrying:

Oh you mean the one I'm wearing. Sorry I saw it in your closet and stole it.

THAT'S what happened to it! It made a 3000 mile journey to the east coast! LOL

Guys, do you think this registry is real? It's the first time I've seen it, and it's awfully similar to the other one, down to the text. If it's fake, a lot of people were duped; many items have been purchased. But they're lying about not knowing the wedding date; I bet invitations have already been sent. We got our invite to a mid-June wedding about a month ago! Not to mention, registries are typically on the invitations, hence some action on this one (haven't checked the other one for a while). 

https://www.amazon.com/wedding/joy-duggar-austin-forsyth-springdale-october-2017/registry/C4QVZKK525QH

Where was the other one? Target? I have forgotten. Someone knows and can pull it up to see if more items have been purchased on that one as well. 

There's a lot of pots and pans on there. Also a 2 person tent and a 6 person tent. Is that for the future blessings, or is she going to invite her little sisters? Which would be nice, eventually. :auto-camptrailer:

Camping gear and power tools. Remember, Benessa wanted a kayak. I vote real in fine Duggar fashion. 

I think the other registry is WalMart. Off to check...

eta: There is still a registry set up for them, with the message about not knowing the wedding date, but it's now empty. I'm sure this was the first one that one of our intrepid hive members found. They must have found Amazon more inclusive what with the power tools, etc. 

3 hours ago, MoonFace said:

And no pretty bras and panties.    I need a 48DD .    What I wear is good enough to be used for bridge construction - and looks it.   I want some pretty bras!   

Woman Within has a sale on bras.  Some are really cute.  I'm in the 48DD club too.

Jill has to come home this month or next. Baby D is due in July. Will they stay here until the end of October for the wedding, or will they go back to SCA in September and return in October. If they do that, they could stay for Thanksgiving, maybe even Christmas. Missioncations are so exhausting. :562479a9d021a_Titanicyawn:

The wedding will not be at the end of October. Joy has admitted on her registries that the date is a placeholder because they ostensibly had not chosen a date yet. We know that fundies have date not long after engagement, if not before, so yet another Duggar....embellishment....in their case to throw paps off the scent. 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

On facebook, apparently Duggars were supposed at Renee's Bridal in Kentucky a few days ago. 

18274903_1220810071351133_69348480496265

Adding extra fabric and lace for modesty you know.  :special-snowflake1:

I am the only one that thinks it's weird to have a registry before setting a date?  Seems like an undeniable gift gab.  I know they probably had a date set that their friends know but if not it feels super shady.

1 minute ago, Incognito22 said:

I am the only one that thinks it's weird to have a registry before setting a date?  Seems like an undeniable gift gab.  I know they probably had a date set that their friends know but if not it feels super shady.

They have a wedding date. They're just not sharing it. 

10 minutes ago, Percy said:

Adding extra fabric and lace for modesty you know.  :special-snowflake1:

I would be mad if I was a D list celebrity and they put out the fabric of my dress.  It gives a lot away.

1 hour ago, NewOrleansLady said:

Woman Within has a sale on bras.  Some are really cute.  I'm in the 48DD club too.

Some are quite pretty.    I like the sheep dog type bras - you know, round them up and head them forward.   :cracking-up:

28 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

They said that the actual date hadn't been announced, not that it hadn't been set.

Shopping for the larger-than- what -used to be normal gal - 

Story #1 - trying to find a prom dress in size 16/18 (poor dd had a grownup bod by age 14 or so) - ugh, this was a pain.  We did find nice options but not very many of them.  Once we'd find something in stock that fit we just went for it.

Story #2 - same kid, trying to buy regular clothes.  I hate Abercrombie.  Their attitude toward larger gals sucks.  

Story #3 - now me - I hovered at 12/14 for many many years so able to shop at 'regular' stores.  But time and too much beer ;-) have not been kind and now I need to find tops that cover my excess gut.  Ugh.  JJill's linen tops are nice but not cheap, but I'll buy those when they are marked down.  I recently bought some tops at Old Navy for the first time in a while and they are really cute but crappy quality.  Anyway... I'm hoping Tim Gunn's semi-recent rant about needing more designers working on real women's sized clothing will make a difference.

Women's sizing in general is just a gigantic clusterfuck even if you're not wearing plus sizes. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it. That's why I can get size 6 pants that fit in the waist but are too short, size fours that are long enough but too loose in the waist, why I wear anything from an extra small to a medium in tops, and a large in coats... I don't even try to figure it out anymore. I have a range of sizes I know I usually fit into, and I try everything on before I buy it. Oh, and I'd love to know why dresses are always too tight in the chest but too loose in the waist when I have a 34B bust and wide hips. Please explain this to me, mercurial gods of fashion.

Also, @Cheetah I promise this isn't directed specifically at you, I just hate hate hate the term "real woman". What does that mean? Am I not a "real woman" because I don't weigh enough? Is my friend who's a size 0 an especially "fake" woman? If I gain 50 lbs, will I be a real woman then? Does Geppetto have to wish upon a star? I would love to be able to buy tops at my favourite clothing store, but unfortunately for me they now all seem to be cut in "real women's" sizes, meant to disguise an excess gut that I don't have, thus making me look like I'm wearing a sack or possibly 4 months pregnant. Not being plus sized doesn't mean you can automatically waltz into a store and have everything fit you off the rack, trust me. I wish, because I hate shopping!

Y'all I'm fat and just happy when a shirt doesn't emphasize the beautiful fat buildup on my waist. Or my love handles.  And when pants hide the junk back there while not giving away at the seams near my thighs. Fat jeans don't fit right so I'm extra thick juniors in short. The crazy world of fashion. 

I hate shopping for me. Went to Burlington yesterday and managed to find myself a swimsuit. Came out with swimsuit for me, and 2 things each for Mr. Wolf and grandwolf. I like buying for other people more.

I hit the chubby girl's section at Saver's. My 5'5" 210lb fat self realized that jeans look ridiculous when you have the PCOS beer gut thing happening (I look between 5 and 7 months pregnant on a regular basis). I discovered the joy of maxi skirts..same material as yoga pants, but hides multitudes of evils. 3 dollar tank tops, maxi skirt and flipflops and I'm good to go.

And the 38Ds hanging off my chest...blech. 

8 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I hate shopping for me. Went to Burlington yesterday and managed to find myself a swimsuit. Came out with swimsuit for me, and 2 things each for Mr. Wolf and grandwolf. I like buying for other people more.

swimming suits. actually I was in Maui two years ago without one and I asked the universe for one and lo and behold in a tiny store in Lahanina (sp) I found one that was perfect - moments later 

:D 

On 4/30/2017 at 7:57 PM, singsingsing said:

Some people literally just cannot grow their hair past a certain length, or they can, but it turns thin and wispy so they just keep it short(er). I think Anna's hair is pretty normal, it just stands out next to the Duggar girls, who all seem to have been blessed with very thick, healthy, fast-growing hair.

Mine didn't "grow" much past my shoulders and got wispy until I stopped heat styling it or blow drying on a regular basis. Then it stopped breaking (which fine hair is prone to do when damaged) and now it grows. And grows. It has currently reached my personal breaking point (as in, it is too long and driving me crazy) and on May 26 I have a salon appointment and about 4 inches will be cut off. Minimum. 

Perming it in the 80s also made it prone to breaking. So Anna may have the same issues as her hair looks finer in texture, although, like my own, pretty thick. 

@singsingsing Amen. All women are real women. My size 0-2 mother birthed and raised two kids. How is she not a real woman? And, yes, she has a hard time buying clothing. Around here, many stores don't even carry her size. It is often suggested to her by clerks that she try the junior department. Because a 72 year old grown woman wants to wear the latest junior trends. That wouldn't look ridiculous at all. Designers need to make clothing for ALL women. 

I have had issues finding clothes due to being thinner, too. Pants and jeans are a problem because of women's clothes being proportioned length to size--if you are thin and taller or longer legged, it is difficult. Until some medication gave me an extra 20 lbs, I could not usually find long enough pants. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived