IGNORED

Lori Alexander 18: Taking Pictures in the Closet

choralcrusader8613

I didn't see this in the last few pages, so I'm hoping it's not a repeat. Kathi over at Spiritual Sounding Board posted the following about Lori on Saturday:

How Lori Alexander’s Teaching May Keep Women in Abusive Relationships

Lori Alexander, Emotional Abuse, Headship, Submission

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2017/05/06/how-lori-alexanders-teaching-may-keep-women-in-abusive-relationships/

I wonder, has LorKen said anything in the usual places about this?

"Spiritual Sounding Board" is also doing a series about Lori Alexander and her book. They're up to chapter 4:

Intro and first chapter:  https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2017/03/24/book-review-series-the-power-of-a-transformed-wife-lori-reveals-her-mindset/

Chapter 2:  https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2017/04/03/book-review-series-the-power-of-a-transformed-wife-why-lori-does-what-she-does/

Chapter 3: https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2017/04/17/book-review-series-the-power-of-a-transformed-wife-its-all-about-whos-in-control/

Chapter 4: https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2017/05/08/book-review-series-the-power-of-a-transformed-wife-lori-has-a-habit-of-contradicting-herself/

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her sink rusted? That's odd, in that video she did back in March extolling the virtues of her chicken-juicy Norwex cloths, her old sink looked rust-free to me. In fact, it looked pretty darned good. Funny that, how it rusted out in less than two months. :my_dodgy:

I wonder what L thinks about her daughter owning her own ballet business and obviously not being a stay at home wife. My mom has given/still gives my sister and I "godly" grief about both of us working part time. 

"Home doesn't interest you?" 

"Home doesn't keep you busy enough?"

"why are you bored at home?" 

It genuinely hurts her Titus 2 heart to see her daughters unwilling to follow in her footsteps. 

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

Her sink rusted? That's odd, in that video she did back in March extolling the virtues of her chicken-juicy Norwex cloths, her old sink looked rust-free to me. In fact, it looked pretty darned good. Funny that, how it rusted out in less than two months. :my_dodgy:

I'm also wondering how many hot pots she put on her counter tops before she realized that could ruin them?

C'mon, she can't be that slow can she?  Or does she just want new counter tops?

4 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I'm also wondering how many hot pots she put on her counter tops before she realized that could ruin them?

I wonder what condition her cabinets are in at the moment? I predict the doors will start falling off any minute. Hey, maybe one of them will hit the floor and crack the tile, and she can have that redone as well! :pb_lol:

6 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

How do these hurting women, already in abusive or nearly abusive situations find Lori (the monster) Alexander?

did you read my mind? this is exactly! what i was think yesterday evening. I was just to tired to write it.

If you can really read my mind across 1,5-2continents+an ocean, you should try making money off that (not that my thoughts are interesting, but with that many time zones between us, that's like looking into the future) :my_biggrin:

On the more serious note: I googled "titus submissive head covering" to see what craziness would come up. Clicking on one picture, guess where it took me (hint:"everything means everything")..... Is this it? googling certain words and then randomly choosing the monster?

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

If cracked counter tops are not a thing you can live with, you obviously do not have enough going on in your life. If I would want to go through the logistical nightmare (and financial challenge) of kitchen renovation I would need a reason that is a lot more convincing than cracked counter tops. Maybe a sinkhole under my kitchen floor?

9 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

go through the logistical nightmare (and financial challenge) of kitchen renovation

been there, done that = sucked. Is sucks 10x when one day before the delivery date the company told us about a delay of 4 weeks. Obviously the old kitchen was already gone (we also got new flooring in the kitchen and the adjoining hallway which did take some time). So for more than 4 weeks we had to cook on a borrowed hot plate and clean the dishes in the tub. :smiley-signs131:

But I sent my knight in shining kitchen apron to the company to complain* and we got a huge voucher which we used for the expensive dining room chairs we could not have afforded otherwise :my_biggrin: *That's what only loving husbands (with some legal research from the wife ) would do .

Why did we get a new kitchen? The sink was broken (already leaking). The stove top working only to 1/4 (dear frugal wife, there is a gas explosion waiting to happen"). The plastic flooring tiles were peeling off. A non-working chest freezer was taking up very valuable space (1/2 of the lower storage length). The freezer drawer in the fridge melted ice cream faster than room temperature. Several drawers didn't close. The counters had lost their skirting, so any moisture would go directly into the plywood, which we hoped not to cause any mould soon ... it really didn't matter what the counter looked (despite beige-mudcolored-speckled plastic being not my favourite design) because they were not falling apart to more than 25% .

Lori: Don't like your counters? Suck it up. Earn your own money, then we will talk again: Don't throw out the kitchen if just the counters are ugly. Search for a non-wasteful solution or suck it up and donate the money to those that have no (save) kitchen!

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

A full-time keeper at home like Lori has the full-time job of caring for their home. It's what she does. If I burned things at work repeatedly, I'd be out of a job.

Hey, imperfect is fine. Stupid and careless is a different matter. Repeatedly burning your counter... that's stupid and careless. Or that's scheming for new counters.

Lori needs to blog less and start learning how to be a good steward of the things that she has.

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I'm still trying to figure out how a big salad can burn a crack into the counter top. 

Maybe she was wearing shrimp for a shrimp salad with a hot peanut sauce?

http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/2015/03/thai-shrimp-salad-with-peanut-dressing.html

Ha! Who am I trying to kid? That recipe is too much like actual cooking!!

On 8/5/2017 at 9:28 AM, onemama said:

Oh, I completely agree with you, but that's not the kind of controlling I'm referring to, altough I'd still want to know who taught those women to mother their husbands like that.  I'm talking about the wife who feels the need to control her husband's whereabouts, check his jacket pockets, his phone; basically, whatever she can get hold of that will tell her what her husband is up to. My question to that wife would be: "why do you feel the need to do that?" Chances are she can't trust him, which means he's given her reason not to trust him, or she has some serious trust issues.  It's going to take more than sheer willpower to stop that need to control him. I'm not saying this control is good, but it's justified and the woman living like that deserves compassion and proper help.

It sounds like she's married to a gambler. In group therapy against gambling addiction I counseled in, the first step was to give control over money to the addict's nearest person, most often his wife. Some wives were already doing it, just without their husband's willing cooperation.

But if that isn't the case, if the husband didn't give very good cause to think he is an addict or acting illegally or cheating, her controlling behaviour is unjustified and problematic. It can definitely become morbid and abusive.

2 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

But if that isn't the case, if the husband didn't give very good cause to think he is an addict or acting illegally or cheating, her controlling behaviour is unjustified and problematic. It can definitely become morbid and abusive.

I agree with you that such controlling behavior, in the absence of a good cause, like having found drugs in his pockets or something, is problematic and can become abusive. But some people (men and women alike) are more suspicious than others. some have been made so by circumstances or their upbringing. 

While I believe every adult has to be responsible for his/her actions and behaviors, some adults need to be made aware of those actions in the first place, or they need to be made aware of the seriousness of them, or of the trouble they cause. I don't believe healthy adults feel the need to control other adults.

We're coming to part 19 soon. How about a title that's something like "(Chicken) Juicy Norwex Cloths" or something? I would've said "Modesty My Ass" but she hasn't mentioned leggings for, ooh, a few days.

Comment on FB:

I was divorced by my husband, and know several other Christian women whose husbands chose to have affairs and divorce them too. The husbands professed to be Christians also. Their choice to sin falls on them. Feminism is not to blame for the choices men make to divorce their wives. That sounds a lot like Adam blaming Eve for his own choice to sin. I hate divorce, and hate what it does to the children, but I am not going to take the blame for being divorced, he is 100% to blame for the choice that he made to divorce me. I'm sure other women can say the same thing.

And to say that women are not fighting for their marriages is blaming women yet again. You have no idea what other women do, nor how hard they may have fought for their marriages. We have no control over what another person chooses to do. You can be the "perfect" wife and your husband could still walk out on you. Personally, I take no stock in statistics.

Then there are a lot of supportive comments such as this one

The love of GOD is evidently heavy in this comment section. I celebrate you all!!!

AW but this love of God is contrary to Lori''s message, lets see if she deletes these comments after someone says the love of God is present. 

11 hours ago, BlackSheep said:

Stupid and careless is a different matter. Repeatedly burning your counter... that's stupid and careless.

It sounds an awful lot like putting the knives in the dishwasher, doesn't it? Ken should take her countertops away from her altogether. 

22 minutes ago, polecat said:

It sounds an awful lot like putting the knives in the dishwasher, doesn't it? Ken should take her countertops away from her altogether. 

Wait, you can't put knives in the dishwasher? Sh*t! Anything else I should know? See, Lori's blog teaches me nothing but bad theology. FJ teaches me to be a decent housewife. Maybe even a transformed one:my_angel:

Can you imagine Lori's face when she read those comments?  Readers being kind and understanding to one another?  Not on Lori's watch!

On the article about Feminization of everything there was this reply from Lexi Lavene

Lexi Lavene "Elementary school is a place of hugs, not conflict."

Well, that's totally untrue. Have you been in an elementary school? There's still conflict. But instead of fist fights, children are learning healthier, more mature ways of handling the conflict. They are learning how to find a connective thread and work through their argument. To come out on the other end as friends who had a disagreement instead of enemies with blackened eyes.

Feminism isn't the problem here. Your understanding of feminism is.

And if you think that children of any gender are not encouraged to play, and explore, and learn, then I don't think you're a very good parent. 

Every parent that I come in contact with encourages their child to do what they can to learn about the world around them. And every child does exactly as they want to do in order to make that exploration a reality.

Not every little boy wants to shoot a gun. And not every little girl wants to be a house wife. If they do, then they have the chance. If they don't, they can make that choice too.

Stop sensationalizing things with this sort of narrative.

And what do you know - now it´s gone! Queen Lori just loves the delete button.

22 minutes ago, Pink Muffin said:

On the article about Feminization of everything there was this reply from Lexi Lavene

And what do you know - now it´s gone! Queen Lori just loves the delete button.

Well, you know that Lori doesn't want her ears tickled.  That's why she deletes everyone who disagrees with her.  She likes to feel conviction...from people who agree with her 100%.

Lindy's comment. Wtf. I dont doubt there is stuff in today's meat and products. I prefer grassfed or even beef I've raised myself, but saying it makes men more emotional. People are individuals. There are men just naturally more emotional. Mr. Ew is way more tenderhearted and nurturing than I am. I'm grateful for it. Im

sick of how they have such black and white views of men and women. 

Ive decided Lori is mentally ill. 

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Comment on FB:

Then there are a lot of supportive comments such as this one

AW but this love of God is contrary to Lori''s message, lets see if she deletes these comments after someone says the love of God is present. 

She deleted all of those. 

I hate her. She is what turns people away from the faith.

45 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I've decided Lori is mentally ill. 

Either she's an unenemotional sociopath or she's an asshole. The first is a mental illness the latter is not.

43 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Ive decided Lori is mentally ill. 

I was just thinking about this today.

She seems so upset all the time about such minor things.

Remember that rant about how women walk down the street eating ice cream cones today and how terrible that is?  I mean, really?

I really wish Ken would insist she evaluated for a mood elevator. 

6 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I was just thinking about this today.

She seems so upset all the time about such minor things.

Remember that rant about how women walk down the street eating ice cream cones today and how terrible that is?  I mean, really?

I really wish Ken would insist she evaluated for a mood elevator. 

She really said that?!

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived