IGNORED

Lori Alexander 18: Taking Pictures in the Closet

choralcrusader8613

2 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I really wish Ken would insist she evaluated for a mood elevator. 

If she is mentally ill then Ken's not interested in fixing it as long as 10 min+lube. In Fact it wouldn't surprise me if he feeds her problems. He doesn't care about Lori as a person, he cares about getting what he thinks he deserves, and if Lori has to be ill for him to get that then it's just a needed consequence.

They both have some serious issues! 

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For this reason, the Scripture continues, the woman ought to wear long hair as a covering for her head, symbolizing that she is subject to her husband. 1 Corinthians 11:15 then says that “if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her”…

Writes a woman with hair that's what, chin-length? Maaaaaybe shoulder-length? HAAAAAAA! 

33 minutes ago, EowynW said:

She really said that?!

It was one of her commenters on this post: http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/09/taking-pictures-with-tongues-out.html

Lori's complaint was about people sticking out their tongues. Apparently, this is common where she lives.

I knew Lori wouldn't be able to stand her readers extending kindness to one another.  

Sure enough, she's up bright and early with this:

Diane, I wrote that 70% of divorces are initiated by women. If you are in the 30%, why do you get so offended?

Does she have any idea how snotty she sounds, or does she just not care?  How is this loving your neighbor?  She's baiting the woman.  There's no way she thinks anything productive is going to come from what she just wrote to that woman.

Less than a year ago, Lori wrote the following about "soft, feminine women":

She doesn't argue her point over and over but allows the other person to have the last word. 

Lori NEVER lets her readers have the last word, even if that means she has to delete large chunks of the conversation so that only her views are represented.  

She is by far the most argumentative person I have ever encountered.  

Even after the above comment, she continued to argue with the woman, insinuating that if women just "follow God's prescription for them" that they can "win their husband without a word" instead of "tearing down their house with their own hands".  

No matter what, it's really ALWAYS the woman's fault.  After all, why would a man abuse his doormat? :angry-cussingblack:

Lori today or the person she stole it from, not sure which: 

A wife should be subject to her husband in the ways she directs the house, spends the money committed to her, controls the children, in the way she dresses, in the company she keeps – in everything…Sarah is here held up as a great example to wives who would please the Lord and have happy homes…Happy is the woman who feels toward her husband as Sarah did, who can obey her husband with happy reverence. If you, Mrs. Modern Wife, cannot feel so toward your husband, do not be surprised if you never have the love and fellowship which Sarah had with Abraham.

First of all, Sarah and Abraham is not really a relationship I aspire to emulate. There was some weird shit going on between them--the whole thing where he made her pretend to be his sister and the Hagar thing. No, thank you. If that story were not in the Bible, Lori would be boycotting it. 

Secondly, what man working a full time job (or two in some of these households) has the time to be dictating every damn thing his wife does? What kind of control freak does a guy have to be to want to spend his spare hours doing that? I sometimes jokingly ask Mr. 05 how I should do stuff, pointing out that I need to be more fundie and submissive. He rolls his eyes and reminds me we are not fundies. Catholics, in general, don't play these gender role games in the 21st Century and it never ceases to amaze him that anyone still does or that any men want to be dictators in their houses. He has also said that he doesn't have time for that shit. He has his own stuff to do. 

My husband has neither the desire nor motivation to "control" me. He's also aware that it would be an exercise in futility. Controlling me is much like attempting to control a cat...

3 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

My husband has neither the desire nor motivation to "control" me. He's also aware that it would be an exercise in futility. Controlling me is much like attempting to control a cat...

Oh, it wouldn't work around here, either. His tendency to perfection and his notion that the way his weird ass family does everything is the only way to do it (particularly when it comes to cleaning and yard work) caused some friction early on when he would attempt to tell me how to do basic things. That became a clear choice for him: he could shut up and accept the way I do it or he could do it himself. Some things, he could not live with, so he agreed that he would just do it. Other things, like the laundry, he doesn't want to do, so he decided to shut up. Some things he has decided that maybe their way is not the only way, so he has also shut up in those cases, too. And in a few cases, he has decided that it is okay to just relax rather than start a dumb ass fight. Buying and planting annuals is among those. I like to pick stuff out, plant it and take care of it. His mother is a bit invested in the "women don't work outside" gender role so it threw him for a loop that I would want to do it. On top of that, they are all the most inflexible people on the planet when it comes to household things--when you plant annuals, you plant the same kind and same colors in the same places every year. Two problems, after awhile, they don't grow so well in the same places and second, I find that tedious and boring. It took him three years to stop wanting to have dumb ass fights over petunias. 

Hubs usually just rolls his eyes, shrugs his shoulders and that's that. He does have a tendency to talk about things over and over and over. Yesterday he did that and I told him basically to just shut up. He tends to be rather negative and that drives me nuts. 

Today's post was written in 1948 by some guy I never heard of. Here is my favorite passage:

"People ask foolish, theoretical questions here. “What if a husband should command his wife to get drunk?” etc., etc. That is a supposition for which the Lord made no provision here. We may be sure the reason is that that will not happen to a truly Christian woman who loves and obeys her husband."

She is vile.

So, the "No True Scotsman" fallacy was alive and well back in 1948. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived