IGNORED

Lori Alexander 18: Taking Pictures in the Closet

choralcrusader8613

Last thread here:

Lori is still the worst, for those of you who only read occasionally. In addition to saying that women's virginity is essentially for sale (marriage=not getting sex for free?!?!?), she now takes pictures of the inside of her neighbor's closet in an effort to promote minimalism.

In short, she's gross, as usual. May we continue to expose Ken's and her awful teaching.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, we get to choose what we spend money on. Or don't spend. Some of us have fluctuations in weight & have to have different sizes for that. Or go from casual job to more serious one (yippie!) with formal dress requirements. Are we supposed to throw out the clothes? 

I've also lived through the embarrassment of having a supervisor say I need to upgrade my wardrobe. Not fun.

I guess she couldn't help this:

If you are tempted to overeat, remind yourself that you are going to be the master over your flesh from now on and it is going to be your slave. You aren’t going to allow it to bully you around anymore. Yes, you can take a couple bites of a rich, chocolate, gooey birthday cake. The cake doesn’t have to have mastery over you since Christ lives within you and you have everything you need for life and godliness. You can choose to have some cut up veggies for a snack instead of chips every time you are hungry. You. can. control. your. appetite!!!

1. Not everyone can have a few bites of cake and walk away from the rest of the slice. 

2. Cut up veggies won't do the job for everyone. 

3. Not everyone can. 

Again, Lori shows her lack of knowledge and compassion.  She has no idea what sorts of illnesses some "fat" people are dealing with. Some people's genetics are their worst enemy.

I'll give up chocolate cake when Lori:

-stops insulting women every day

-stops responding like a snotty teenager to commenters who politely raise another viewpoint

-stops talking about her sex life

-stops treating men like sex starved animals that walk around in a constant state of arousal

-stops finding such delight in beating children 

Deal??  

I use Manuka Honey.  Innisfree makes an INCREDIBLE sheet mask with it.  It is really good for the skin, and my sister who has terrible skin problems used it to clear up some sort of fever-rash on her face.  I do highly recommend it.

Maybe not for MRSA though.

Also, that stuff is like $20-$40 for a jar.  Not everyone can afford that.

Staph infections??!? Oh my gosh; I hope the idiot means yeast infection. Do these people not understand how serious these conditions are?!?

Smack my throbbing head! 

Look,I don't care what these bumbleheads do to treat themselves but it really scares me that a child might be seriously ill and receive honey and prayer as treatment. 

This is not The Walking Dead where people are scrounging for any hint of medication. Proper care and treatment are available and it really stinks that they care so little for their families that they might reach for honey and pull up Lori's blog when a child is sick. 

On the flagrantly submitting post:

Paul W. says:

April 17, 2017 at 12:29 pm

I am not in any form a new believer. But have been a student of the original languages, context and culture of the scriptures for many years as well as a long time servant in ministry. I have however hung around here long enough to know that commenters here don’t listen to opinions differing from their own so I will bow out now.

Oh, by the way. I never mentioned the Trinity so I’m not sure what bearing this has on the conversation

There is so much more. Ken and Trey get involved. It was nasty to first of all accuse this guy of being a new believer since he didn't just automatically agree with their version of submission.

The thread title! *dead*

And for Lori and her reader, I feel it necessary to point out that MRSA = methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus, and "staph" is short for ... staphylococcus aureus! 

4 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Staph infections??!? Oh my gosh; I hope the idiot means yeast infection. Do these people not understand how serious these conditions are?!?

Smack my throbbing head! 

Look,I don't care what these bumbleheads do to treat themselves but it really scares me that a child might be seriously ill and receive honey and prayer as treatment. 

This is not The Walking Dead where people are scrounging for any hint of medication. Proper care and treatment are available and it really stinks that they care so little for their families that they might reach for honey and pull up Lori's blog when a child is sick. 

My hope is that someone had a pimple and assumed it was staph. Smearing honey on acne is a lot less likely to cause long-term problems than smearing honey on cellulitis. *shudder*

The idea of someone thinking that pricey honey* is going to cure something as serious as MRSA... I can't even. 

* I found out how expensive it was the hard way when I put some in my shopping cart without checking the price tag. Boy, did I get a shock when I looked at the receipt at home! At least it was tasty? 

How many staph infections has this person had that she has a cure lined up? 

I just looked in my pantry- my local honey (32 ounces worth) cost $17.95. But I could use the money I saved on "better and eternal things". Like donating to Planned Parenthood, my local women's shelter, etc....

13 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I just looked in my pantry- my local honey (32 ounces worth) cost $17.95. But I could use the money I saved on "better and eternal things". Like donating to Planned Parenthood, my local women's shelter, etc....

42.22 :my_cry:

That woman spends money like it's going out of style!  

https://www.amazon.com/Manuka-Bio-Active-1-1-Pound/dp/B002MGYX4E?th=1

Perhaps this is TMI but...

YOU GUYS!! My husband's name is Paul and our last name begins with W. he could easily have written those comments. I was reading them with my eyes popping out of my head. 

But...he arrived home from work and assurand me he was not reading a woman's blog all day because he...you know...focuses on his job from 8-5. 

Still, when I saw "Paul W" I nearly dropped my iPad. 

It would be an epic Bibical and logical trouncing, though, if he did take on Ken and Lori's fan boys. 

I'm a pharmacy technician (in the US).

1. If you have health/Rx insurance or are on public assistance, you could pay less for a round of antibiotics than you will for $20-$40 in honey. It might also cost you $0.
  2. If you don't have insurance AND/OR if you aren't sure if antibiotics are what you want to do, then please go to your local pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist. They will speak to you for free. You'll have that much more information to make an informed decision on how to proceed.

6 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

On the flagrantly submitting post:

There is so much more. Ken and Trey get involved. It was nasty to first of all accuse this guy of being a new believer since he didn't just automatically agree with their version of submission.

I had to stop at Trey's long final post on that thread. It's just too much. 

I agree with Paul W and it makes me happy to see a man who knows his Bible stand up and mention the obvious: 

Again, nowhere in scripture does it say husbands are to be the spiritual authority over their wives or to be leading them. Christ is our spiritual authority. Chapter and verse please. It just isn’t there.

If you want to go by creation order, Trey, then the animals should be in authority over us.

Good point!

The original text do not support a hierarchal order.

True.

Ken, of course, has to argue against Paul's perfectly good (IMO better) understanding of those passages and tell him to "man up" and lead.... 

Stand up and lead your wife, if you are not already and just can’t see it.

Because doing things Ken's way:

I try to please my wife and I am not demanding, but I also an not going to let her run me over with her thoughts and desires. It is in the disagreements that I have to step in and choose which way to go, and she joyfully follows,(although the joy may not be there at first :). I often conceded to her ideas and desires sacrificing my own, but if I always did what she wanted I would be giving in to wrong things and not leading.

MUST be so much better than doing things Paul's way, which results in this:

20+ years together and we have yet to have even a major argument. I cannot imagine life without her. She is my best friend & companion in all things. I can’t ever get enough of spending time with her.

Both state that their wives are not "natural followers".

But what about the husband who is the natural leader married to a wife who also has a personality of a leader, like in my marriage? Here is where it can make a big difference doing things God’s ways and save on many arguments and upsets.

And Paul:

My wife is not a natural follower. She has equally as strong a personality as I do.

Yet Ken admits that his marriage has been full of strife and Paul says that they have yet to have a major argument. Just watch how Trey and Ken pounce on Paul, and how Paul respectfully makes his point, without insults, just pointing out his view and the proof that it works: he and his wife are happy together. 

Trey, Dave, and the other regular male posters are disgruntled and unhappy, yet they are sure they are right in their understanding of Scripture. 

If you don’t agree that is fine. This is not an essential doctrine and has no bearing on salvation, and we have freedom to agree or disagree.

Yes, Paul W, you are right. And you are right about this too. 

commenters here don’t listen to opinions differing from their own.

What was that Lori and Ken said about welcoming respectful discussion? 

Looking at the comments on the flagrantly submitting post, I'm so very thankful for my husband.

If I was a frying-pan-wielding shrew, or if he was like Ken or Trey, we wouldn't have made it past the first date. Instead, we have 16 (soon to be 17) years of marriage and serving the Lord together.

9 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

(snip)

If I was a frying-pan-wielding shrew, or if he was like Ken or Trey, we wouldn't have made it past the first date. Instead, we have 16 (soon to be 17) years of marriage and serving the Lord together.

And unsurprisingly, I'd rather take marriage-advice from you than Lori. Any day. :)

This part from Trey really gets me:

Regarding the fact that you have no desired for your “marriage to be run like that”, but rather you have found something that has “worked” for you, God is not really interested in what we like or don’t like. He is also not in the least bit interested that we find something that “works” for us. What He is interested in is our obedience to His word.

Its amazing they would rather have a couple arguing for 20 years based on God's ways than peaceful based on their own ways (which really may be God's ways based on your interpretation). Having a successful marriage is still a failure to them because you weren't doing it their way. 

"Legitimate poverty."  My rolling eyeballs are starting to hurt.

And hey, if you HAVE to go into LEGITIMATE POVERTY to stay at home, just suffer. Your kids will suffer too, but that's okay, Paul Lori said so.*

*while sitting in front of her computer in her nice home with its new, albeit unvacuumed carpet and re-upholstered-for-$1500 sofa and $70 denim skirt hanging in the closet and old gold Mercedes in the driveway and $40 bottle of honey in the pantry...

6 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Having a successful marriage is still a failure to them because you weren't doing it their way. 

This X 1000!  This is exactly what LoriKen are teaching. They are doing it right and you are wrong, wrong, wrong, You need 23 years of continuous arguing following by years of PA "submission". Ken pretends to be in charge (bless his heart) and Lori gets her way as always. 

Reading through Paul W's comments I was struck by how much he values the role of husband and wife in the marriage and how he really was -- even by LoriKen's definition - leading his home.  The difference is that he is not leading his home in a Command Man, authoritarian, do-what-I-say, submit-or-else way.  He is leading it through prayer and discussion:

(Paul W comment ) "We work every decision out together. We pray everything through and if we can’t come to an agreement then we know one or both of us isn’t hearing from God and we keep praying and discussing it."

Note he's saying they are praying for what God want's them to do -- not what he (Paul) wants them to do.  Wouldn't that be what LoriKen want -- to follow God's lead in their decision making?

Oh wait I forgot. Ken has stated that Jesus was wrong about some things and Ken alone had the answers.  So by KenLogic (TM), what Ken wants to do is the same as hearing from God -- if God weren't sometimes wrong about some things.  Because Ken is right and Jesus is wrong.

SMH at the gall, hubris, conceit and sinful pride of that man.

Reading through the comments I saw that Lori's slavish, drooling adoration of Trey continued. It's actually sort of embarrassing. I've never seen her drool like that over Ken's exhortations/ scholarly treatises blatherings.

Perhaps because Lori realizes Trey is a Real Manly Command Man, and Ken is a pale weak wannabe. 

Lori's use of the phrase "of old" makes me think of Rachel telling Phoebe the stuff from Pottery Barn was all antique from "yore".

Re:

You cannot guard your home if you leave your post + you cannot be a domestic when you work outside the home.

You know another time you can't guard your home or be a domestic? When you don't fucking HAVE a home because you took Lori's dangerous advice not to have a job no matter what, and for some crazy reason your landlord or mortgage holder wasn't really feeling your explanation that God owns everything.

Lori's latest blog post is about loud women.  At least this time she refrained from calling them all prostitutes.

But she does say they all flirt shamelessly and have FB affairs. Sort of prostitute-lite I guess.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived