IGNORED

Dillards 29 - Teaching Them to Make Piñatas

choralcrusader8613

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I think was is really the keyword here. Jessa is clearly doing a better job at spreading JB's brand now. Jill being in SCA is good for the Duggars in their own circles but to the outside world, Jessa is more relatable. 

Jessa is branding herself and the kids in a whole new dynamic.  One that JB could not have even proclaimed doing.  Jill has vanished off the face of the earth this time.  Jessa is similar to a degree in terms of being young, pretty and has children and clearly doesn't have to worry about money. It's an illusion.  

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well dullards are back in America! lmao could derick have picked a more unflattering/bad quality pic?

what are your guesses? wedding this saturday or the next??

9 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Well dullards are back in America! lmao could derick have picked a more unflattering/bad quality pic?

Can you link to the photo? Thanks!!!

1 minute ago, amendgitan said:

Can you link to the photo? Thanks!!!

I did in another thread, but here you go:

12 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I'm still betting on the 27th personally.

Looking at the birthday collage Michelle posted and comparing the pictures of Jill pre-mission and now are pretty depressing. The perky little light in her eyes has dimmed considerably. I didn't find the story of their friend dying snark-worthy at all. I would really like to see them come home for good. If it's as dangerous as it seems to be that is no place to be having/raising children if you have the choice. :( 

I'm glad they have Izzy in a car seat. Will they buy a ticket for the new baby so that he too can fly safely?

49 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm still betting on the 27th personally.

As am I. If they really came back just in time for Joy Buddy's rehearsal tomorrow, that's pretty callous. They could have at least come back a couple days sooner for the bridesmaids' spa day which is now ritual. Coming back so close to the wedding (if it is indeed on Saturday) makes Jill the shittiest MOH ever. 

1 minute ago, marmalade said:

As am I. If they really came back just in time for Joy Buddy's rehearsal tomorrow, that's pretty callous. They could have at least come back a couple days sooner for the bridesmaids' spa day which is now ritual. Coming back so close to the wedding (if it is indeed on Saturday) makes Jill the shittiest MOH ever. 

It's possible Derick insisted they stay until the last possible second. Jill of course can't say no to her headship. Also has it been confirmed that Jill is MOH?

Maybe she didn't come back early because she isn't moh. Maybe she's not in the wedding party at ALL! :omg:

1 minute ago, VineHeart137 said:

It's possible Derick insisted they stay until the last possible second. Jill of course can't say no to her headship. Also has it been confirmed that Jill is MOH?

Yeah. I think we shouldn't jump to any conclusions or judgements. The important thing is she's here and she will be able to see her kid get married. That's way more important than missing a spa day.

There is some evidence on the Joy thread that the wedding is not this weekend. Pickles may be wrong on this one.

On 23/04/2017 at 5:49 AM, Cleopatra7 said:

... that shock Anglophone sensibilities, because the prevailing wisdom seems to be that Jesus died  (in a very bloodless, dignified way, of course) so men might become proper gentlemen.

ahahahahaha this is such a perfect description of so many Anglicans I know. They would be scandalised at the "impropriety" of my Nigerian-Welsh majority denomination. We repeat the choruses! We cheer the preacher! People dance in the aisles! And don't tell anyone, but I once drank a takeaway coffee during the meeting :pb_eek:

Great. Since it looks like the wedding will be on the 27th, I get to share my wedding anniversary with a Duggar. Wohoo! :roll:

I thought they were back in NWA? Why are they sending video birthday greetings?  Why am I asking questions I know the answer too? 

Ok there is video on FB & I can't figure out how to link it here. I'm that old person. Sorry. 

Considering how we've discussed how Jill doesn't seem as perky as she used to be: she will be as hugely pregnant at Joy's wedding as she was at Jessa's wedding. Do we think she will strut her belly around the same way? 

I say no. Her holier-than-thou persona seems to have been snuffed out. I am surprised to say I miss it. Better that then the meek sadness she seems to permeate now. 

I wonder if Jill is jealous of Jessa and Jinger, seemingly living married lives comfortably while she's in danger america pretending to be a missionary. 

I think Jill and Derrick are like rock stars in their group. The Gothard group tends to idolize missionaries, so I imagine the wedding will be a perfect venue for the Dillards to schmooze with their fans. 

Im glad that Jill has returned. I kind of wish Derrick could get a stateside job, perhaps in some mission, where he could use his accounting degree and support Jill and the kids. But, that's not going to happen, so just hope the birth goes well.

I wonder what their great plan is. At some point you can't keep flying between the US and CA to give birth or go to weddings over and over and then cart the whole family back south again. Airfare is expensive! And I'll be honest- I really thought they were exaggerating the danger that they were personally in, seeing as they aren't exactly living in the community and they seem to have people over to their house rather than be out in public (reason 134677 this mission is ridiculous) but it is concerning about a fellow missionary friend being killed. They need to think of their kids and call it a day. They can do missions once their kids are grown and out of the house if they still "have a heart for it". 

7 hours ago, JillyO said:

Great. Since it looks like the wedding will be on the 27th, I get to share my wedding anniversary with a Duggar. Wohoo! :roll:

I share a birthday with Ben. Admit it. You're jealous. :pb_lol:

The 27th is my birthday! A milestone one at that!

I'm going to need a lot of alcohol now...

2 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Considering how we've discussed how Jill doesn't seem as perky as she used to be: she will be as hugely pregnant at Joy's wedding as she was at Jessa's wedding. Do we think she will strut her belly around the same way? 

I say no. Her holier-than-thou persona seems to have been snuffed out. I am surprised to say I miss it. Better that then the meek sadness she seems to permeate now. 

She was only about 4 months pregnant at Jessa's wedding and she acted like she was seriously incapacitated. Being this pregnant at Joy's wedding she might request a mobility stroller...*

*This is probably aggressively bitchy of me, but whatever. The Dills are aggressively insufferable.

I think Jill carries rather large, she probably had no clue how big she would actually get.

She maybe saw some pictures from Alyssa who carries rather small.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived