IGNORED

Dillards 29 - Teaching Them to Make Piñatas

choralcrusader8613

@Gillyweed,  I was an adult before I met someone else who shared my birthday.  She was one of my daughter's friends.  Some years later, I met a few more women/girls with my birthday.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I share a birthday with Tammy Faye Bakker :562479569aefe_32(14):. But no Duggars. Yet. My son was almost born on spurge's bday, though. And they kind of look alike (except I cut all of his curls off a couple weeks ago, so now they don't, I guess). 

2 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Not a birthday, but I got my first period on March 15th.  I remember this because my dad greeted the news with "Beware the Ides of March!"

More like "Beware the tides of March," am I right?

(sorry :pb_lol:)

My birthday is like, the 9th most popular day to have a birthday (in the US).

September, so I'm a Christmas/New Years drunken party baby, I think.  

I share my birthday with President Eisenhower, Cliff Richard, and Usher (the exact year as well). No Duggars so far, but Hannie is very close.

About the Dullards... whoever said Derick will paint Jilly Muffin's nails probably hit the jackpot. I didn't even remember that ridiculousness. I do get it that she probably isn't able to do it herself because of big belly, but why not paint them at the privacy of your own home the day before? (just a rhetoric question because we all know why :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:)

10 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

More like "Beware the tides of March," am I right?

Nah. TIDE is what you need after the IDES..

I share a birthday with Bob Dylan and Queen Victoria. It's next Wednesday, but we're having cake today. I'm pretty excited about that. 

My birthday is shared with Peter Lorre's. Boring. Lol. Also I was born on my cousins 18th birthday :) Anna and Most of the m'kids are the closest ones to my bday.

I just wanted to add that I have Angela Lansbury, Oscar Wilde, and Flea. Probably the only time that those three names will get mentioned together again, ever. :pb_lol:

3 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Here's the tweet, so everyone doesn't have to go looking for it:

Still a twitter noob.  How do I see the twitter storm response?  When I click on 'tweets and replies' on Jill's twitter feed it isn't showing any replies to this.

Still funny she thinks it's "their" fault (city, county and intouch) when it could have been avoided. Sks when the case gets thrown out!

I share my birthday with my twin, does that count :P

But in all honesty, Jill and twitter is a terrible combination. Hell, any Duggars and twitter is a terrible combination. It just makes me cringe to watch that train wreck.

Share my bday with Princess Diana, Dan Aykroyd, Pamela Anderson, Liv Tyler, Jamie Farr, Missy Elliott :) 

@SuhrEnity, Congratulations,  You may have hit the birthday jackpot!

@Lurky,  my condolences for sharing your birthday with He Who Must Not Be Named  aka Lord VoldeTrump.  :tw_cry:

I share my birthday with Jimi Hendrix, Bruce Lee, and Bill Nye, among others. I feel like I'm in pretty good company.

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

My daughter shares her June 14 birthday with Donald Trump. 

My condolences to your daughter.  

I share a birthday with William Randolph Hearst (wish I shared in his wealth), Mikhail Baryshnikov, Lewis Carroll, Mozart, and the date with a tragic mine explosion that killed over 100 people.  

Alyssa Bates daughter's due date (the second daughter) was on my birthday, but I think she was born the day before. I don't think I've got any Duggars sharing my day. 

The phrasing she uses is interesting. Releasing the names of juveniles is indeed okay sometimes (missing children, for example). Releasing the names of juvenile or adult victims of sexual assault without their consent is not, and would make a much stronger point. I don't mean this as snark on Jill, but it's just interesting that even though she chose to file a lawsuit and chose to tweet about it, apparently she still isn't prepared to call what Josh did sexual assault, even though that's the main factor that makes this entire situation so sensitive.

They didn't release the names. Jill and Jessa outed themselves.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

They didn't release the names. Jill and Jessa outed themselves.

True that the names weren't released, but the info that was released made it pretty easy to figure out who some of the victims were. I have no idea if, under the law, more identifying info should have been blacked out or not. But I guess we'll see.

In any case, I think Jill and Jessa's righteous indignation is misplaced. Even if (and that's a big "if") it turns out to be true that less information about them should have been released, they seem to direct ALL of their negative feelings about the entire situation at the records being released and published, and none of it at the person who sexually assaulted them or their parents who repeatedly failed to protect them and then thrust them into the public eye, knowing it could become public. But I just don't want to criticize them too harshly for that because it's not the responsibility of the victim to react to their victimization in any particular way.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived