IGNORED

John Shrader Part 11 - God's Grifter Falling Apart

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, clearingthingsup said:

That was the reason his first sending church dropped him. 

I meant his remaining leg-humpers.  The writing was on the wall when Valley Baptist dropped him - how stubborn can these donors be.

They drive me nuts because they should have figured him out years ago.  I don't think they have any excuse for still supporting him.  So sue me.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

The prevailing opinion here is that John is Daddy's golden boy who can do no wrong.  The only one of 5 children who is still Christian* - and a pastor to boot.  Daddy has bailed him out time and time again.

Daddy is also a church-planting pastor who has a history of grifting himself.

*As John would define it.

Given Daddy's history of grifting, his ability to spin things must be quite remarkable in order to keep John going this long.  But seems even that may not work for much longer.  Folks are waking up to John courtesy of John himself.   He keeps shooting himself in both feet.

17 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I meant his remaining leg-humpers.  The writing was on the wall when Valley Baptist dropped him - how stubborn can these donors be.

They drive me nuts because they should have figured him out years ago.  I don't think they have any excuse for still supporting him.  So sue me.

I normally try to steer away from these sorts of comments in favor of discussing the other psychological and cognitive elements that go into belief and behavior, but there's really no way to get around this one anymore:

John's remaining leg-humpers are a real bunch of dum dums.  

Are they willfully stupid? Do they have actual cognitive impairments?  Are they JUST THAT RACIST (probably, and that is DEFINITELY coming into play here)?  I don't know.  

But I mean, it's not just that the writing is on the wall.  It's been on the wall for a while, and now there are lights and a soundtrack accompanying it.  You have to TRY to miss what is going on in Zambia.  

Does he usually post more often than your average teenager or has he just been extra active the past couple of days?

Also, Zambia must have some excellent 3G coverage if he's spending as much time in the bush as he claims. 

I think it is probably a combination of racism and willfully ignorance. It was clear from the start of Team Zambia that sending those two clowns to the mission field was a dumb idea. Even if they both knew the language and culture very well, financially sending two guys with large families to the mission field is a bad idea. A good chunk of the money will go to supporting the family, not mission work. You could buy a ton of Bibles with the money spent caring for Rea and Shrader's children. 

But I think all these people hear is Dark, Scary Africa Needs White Men!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one appears to really think about it at all. 

9 minutes ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Does he usually post mlre often than your average teenager or has he just been extra active the past couple of days?

Also, Zambia must have some excellent 3G coverage if he's spending as much time in the bush as he claims

When John hits a high he posts all day on FB. 

John wouldn't live without ice cubes, no way he is spending lots of time in the bush. 

57 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I'm more than a little intrigued about what John thinks visa etc are for, if he thinks he can just fly from country to country, whenever he feels like it.  And I'm also confused about where he's planning to land, in the bush etc.

John arrived in Zambia minus the correct paperwork. The flight staff off the plane assisted Esther and the kids if I'm remembering correctly. I'm sure that John posted somewhere in his early days in Zambia about him crying at the airport. He hadn't arranged a house. The family lived a hotel for a few days. (I'm technically a Dinasaur and cannot pull up/post things from way back).

A missionary from Lusaka(?) lent John his car to drive back into Lusaka to sort out paperwork. John pranged the car as he wasn't  used to driving on the left. (If my memory serves me correctly?)

John most definately IS NOT allowed to fly willy nilly all over Africa. He knows this, hence the knicker wetting excitement over the tents and trailer. 

John's missionary attempt mark ll.

We have discussed before as to why Daddy Shrader goes to such lengths to supply money and goods to John. IMO Daddy DOESNT want his huge failure of a son back home. John is an embarrassment.

16 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I normally try to steer away from these sorts of comments in favor of discussing the other psychological and cognitive elements that go into belief and behavior, but there's really no way to get around this one anymore:

Well, join the club. We've had the "perhaps the donors are just naive and not informed" discussions.  We've had the "beliefs" discussions.  We've had the psychological and cognitive discussions - for years.  

I've been following this too long to have any patience with these enablers any more.  They need to take responsibility for who and what they are putting in the field.  

If what "JohnShrader isaLIAR" said on youtube is true then I've gone from righteous and justifiable anger at John Shrader's stupid and racist attempts to convert Christians to Christianity in Africa to white hot fury.  He is actively endangering people.

How dare he mess with survivors of genocide and encourage them to disobey immigration laws for his vanity.  How DARE he!  

28 minutes ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Does he usually post mlre often than your average teenager or has he just been extra active the past couple of days?

Also, Zambia must have some excellent 3G coverage if he's spending as much time in the bush as he claims. 

It does!!

25 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

We have discussed before as to why Daddy Shrader goes to such lengths to supply money and goods to John. IMO Daddy DOESNT want his huge failure of a son back home. John is an embarrassment.

I agree, and if John comes back (as he should, IMHO, he's worthless in the mission field) then Daddy has a lot of explaining to do.   Not to mention he will have a completely useless son on his hands with a large family that will need financial support.   It's much easier to keep John going in Zambia and at a distance.   

13 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

It does!!

In that case, I need to get to Zambia. 

Can I just say that this thread being hot, is the only time that John Shrader and hot should be in the same sentence? 

8 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Can I just say that this thread being hot, is the only time that John Shrader and hot should be in the same sentence? 

I don't know.  John Shrader: Hot (Carnal) Hypocrite is a pretty catchy thread title....

Edit: I kind of like "Hungry, hungry, hippo-crite" better

18 minutes ago, subsaharanafrica said:

In that case, I need to get to Zambia. 

We were in a lodge in the back of beyond. We told #1 and #2 not to expect any Wi-Fi etc. Lo and behold, they were both connected within fifteen mins of arriving! Granted they had to sit in a certain corner but still!! Two other teens Joined them after supper. 4 Teens perched on bar stools in a corner, thumbs twiddling like the clappers. 

We parents had a smashing blether by the roaring log fire!

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I'm really uncomfortable with John's obsession with calling someone "Black Bull".  It feels like someone made an offhanded comment once about him ("he's as strong as a bull!") and John has creepily seized on it.

Or tones of latent homosexuality? I feel like I wouldn't want to google black bull with my kids around. 

1 minute ago, Grimalkin said:

Or tones of latent homosexuality? I feel like I wouldn't want to google black bull with my kids around. 

Well, a bull is a term in cuckolding, which also frequently includes racial undertones.  So yeah, do NOT google it.  

3 hours ago, amandaaries said:

I'd like to complicate things by pointing out that on the card John posted, where they were praised as "you are real guys," the writer begins with "a great big thank you to the Shrader kapolos."

I just saw the card.  John has referred to Boyd as a black bull of a man before but I can't find the older post at the moment.

A note of appreciation from Boyd Sikakena, a.k.a. "Black Bull," and others.

My favorite part?

"You are real guys."

Now that will lift your heart.

Thanks for your kind words from your hearts my brothers. I'm honored to serve the Lord alongside men such as yourselves.

js

Can someone else please grab the photo for our blocked friends, I'm technically challenged.  

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, Ali said:

Here is the photo of the card:

John card.jpg

"We believe you are angels sent to us". What?? 

John don't you know that is biblically innacurate? Time to straighten more parishioners out of their evil doctrines. Church discipline! :naughty:

:smiley-sex007:

I wanna know what the rest of the people wrote on that note. Emmanuel's piece (top left) looks like it says something about food? 

:think:

I wonder if John asked them to write the note so he could have something to show home that he still has supporters there. Kinda ridiculous to ask for your own thank you note right?

I just noticed he referred to himself as Black Bull Boyd on the card. I thought it was John's nickname for him. So weird. 

John came to Africa to make a splash.  No wasting time earning the trust of his fellow Zambians, no humbling himself, no generosity shown to anyone(in fact he bragged about the money his new friends spent on drinks and food for him), no concern for the lives of those he wants to mentor.

He wanted to descend in all his glory with his trooper, his plane, his kitchen appliances, his printer and his family(likely in this order) and show them what a real man of god can look like if he accepts John Jesus as his Savior.

All that's missing is the gold neck chains, Hal-le-LU-ya, Sweet JEEZ-uhs and the fainters.

On 25/04/2017 at 11:54 PM, formergothardite said:

What is this heresy of singing modern new fangled hymns?????!!!!!!!! :laughing-jumpingpurple: He is on the slippery slope to singing Christian rock, or, like Rea calls it, Christian Fornication. 

It seems like it's a Sovereign Grace type modern hymn. The guys that wrote it seem to enjoy quoting Bob Kauflin, so I shall be giving them a wide berth.

It's like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon with these guys!

On 25/04/2017 at 10:53 PM, Carol said:

Brigham Jung University?

Is that the love child of Brigham Young and Carl Jung? Because *that* would be an interesting sociological study :D

And John posted again, this time about his dad. It is his fifth pretty long post today. He must spend most of his life on FB. 

The Fruit of Repentance

12 weeks ago my father read a book that I sent him, written by a preacher.

It's called, "Breaking the Stronghold of Food" by Michael L. Brown

Well, that book, and it's well written and presented Biblical principles, has resulted in my father losing more than FIFTY pounds in only TWELVE weeks!

His dad really does look good, hopefully he will stick with it. 

Has John followed the advice before sending the book to his Daddy? Of course it's written by a preacher. 

Im feeling super snarky tonight because of a sore throat.

I'm of the belief that John is posting positive things about his dad to soften him up before he finds out about John's latest exploits (and carnal adventures, perhaps? who knows?!).  Someone out there has been busy on the youtube videos (which rarely get comments anyway), and there's no way he could have missed John badmouthing and blaming his "converts" for their refusal to obey his demands.  Since Daddy always saves the day, John has to remember to show him extra love and appreciation before Daddy bails him out yet another time. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived