IGNORED

John Shrader Part 11 - God's Grifter Falling Apart

Coconut Flan

48 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Oh, absolutely Dr. Livingstone fantasies.

As a person who was a missionary kid and whose 3 generation medical missionary family has a weird (and indirect) connection with Dr. Livingstone, he really wasn't all that. *snip*

You know, I just did some googling and I think my 3rd or 4th grade "Dr. Livingstone" history lesson left out a few key details :my_confused: Literally the only thing I remember was that he was a medical missionary. I'm shocked - SHOCKED - that they didn't tell the whole story. It makes sense that he was so highly lauded in my BJU or ACE schoolwork, though (honestly, I don't remember which one it was as my mom used a veritable smorgasbord of curriculum). 

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, sawasdee said:

"Carnal hypocrite"? WTF has he been up to?

Carnal is Christian speak for giving into the flesh or sinful nature. I have not heard it used by that many people.

The Christian homeschool textbooks I used left out a lot when it came to David Livingstone. He was made into practically a god, but apparently in real life he was kind of like John. People who worked with him said he was insufferable, had mood swings and tended to be rather thin skinned if anyone offered constructive criticism. John Kirk, who traveled with him famously said:

I can come to no other conclusion than that Dr. Livingstone is out of his mind and a most unsafe leader"

So John kind of is becoming David Livingstone. From my memory of reading a bit about him as an adult, his followers tended to leave him almost as quickly as John's do. Didn't he end up after all those years only having one convert? 

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The Christian homeschool textbooks I used left out a lot when it came to David Livingstone. He was made into practically a god, but apparently in real life he was kind of like John. People who worked with him said he was insufferable, had mood swings and tended to be rather thin skinned if anyone offered constructive criticism. John Kirk, who traveled with him famously said:

So John kind of is becoming David Livingstone. From my memory of reading a bit about him as an adult, his followers tended to leave him almost as quickly as John's do. Didn't he end up after all those years only having one convert? 

Oh please don't. John will be thrilled that your comparing him to the great Dr Livingstone & probably get even more egotistical & self-centered. -_-

If that's even possible. *sigh*

Check out the comments on John's youtube!? Ppl are mad! :fryingpan: he's taking a beating lol

Johnny's followers/supporters/fans on Facebook are pretty stupid with the exception of the FJers of course.

Clayton Howie leaves a comment about how people in airplane missions save both spiritual and physical lives. Can you imagine John's disdain and irritation if he ever were asked to actually help someone in an emergency situation?

Jolis responded to John's post trashing him. 

praying for you and If this post is true!!!,time will tell...

John, of course spiraled into a tirade. 

What have I said in this post that is not true Jolis? Did you not confess to lying to me for more than a year? Is not Arcade saying that you are lying about him now? Would you like me to publicly post the way you've spoken to me on messenger?

Like · Reply · 3 hrs

The way you are acting is revealing much. Your actions, choices, and words have put me in this position. By your own admission you have not been honest with me, but I will be honest with those who sacrifice for us, even if it costs us support. 

You still are refusing to answer my questions I asked you yesterday.

Like · Reply · 3 hrs

Jolis is all zen and knows exactly how to respond to John. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

God knows what you're doing

John just can't handle it.

What am I doing Jolis? You were disciplined by our church here. The whole church sought to exhort you and you refused to listen. You are doing the same now. It's very heartbreaking

Like · Reply · 3 hrs

Is that untrue?

And somehow John has managed to get another printer. 

Another IFB missionary up North of us in the Copperbelt of Zambia has just given us the exact same copy-printer that we have, and it only has about 45,000 copies on it!

Talk about exciting!

These printers are so extremely easy to use, very cheap to print with, and my father-in-law has literally run millions of copies of tracts with these same machines.

What a blessed provision, and how good God is to continue to provide Seed to the sower, and a way to print it too!

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Didn't he end up after all those years only having one convert? 

Sechele, who was probably a convert in name only.  Livingstone was primarily an explorer and not a successful missionary at all.  The Africans took care of him more than he ever took care of them.

John is going nuts on Facebook.  He's now boasting about his new tent and Daddy made him a trailer.

Bunking in the Bush and a Tremendous Trailer for Traveling!

For several years now here in Africa I have been praying and desiring to get quality tents as we are beginning to reach out into the villages and other places.

A cheap, poor quality three room tent costs just under $500.00 here. I found a used one for $150.00, but it's so poorly made it doesn't even sit flat on the ground. It's a pain to set up, but at least it has worked all these months.

Oh, poor little John.  Perhaps you should have shipped the pop-up camper to Africa.  It was OK for your kids in the US.

I've been eyeing these rip-stop, heavy canvas tents made in South Africa, that are soaked and then roller pressure treated (twice) with an algicide, fungicide, fire retardant, and UV protectant.

Eyeing?  Sounds like coveting to me.

They are designed for "semi-permanant" use, so they should last a long, long time...maybe even my lifetime!

The 10'×10' costs about $1,100.00, so you can see why we hadn't invested in any.

Well...

As Hudson Taylor use to say, "God's Work, done God's way, will never lack God's supply."

I walked into a store and found them clearing the very tents out at $500.00 each! Brand new! They are incredible tools, easy to set up and take down, and work wonderfully! What a blessing.

God is so very good, and He also provided the funds to get them!

Them?  Them?  How many did he buy?  How many tents does he freaking need?

Note how John brags about finding luxury items on sale so as to save his donors money.  He'd save them more money if he stopped buying stuff.

He has also provided this amazing trailer, designed by my incredible father with 4-wheel independent suspension with Flexiride axles. The $3,000.00 white topper was found for $300.00, and an individual and a church provided the funds for the metal, topper, axel/hubs, wheels and parts. The hot dip galvanizing was done at no charge, and a shop provided for the work!

Daddy is as big a huckster as John.  Freebies all the way.

A single missionary lady moving to Zambia graciously allowed us to put it in her container, and it should be arriving any day now, Lord willing (it's also packed full of equipment and provisions for the work here!).

I hope you contributed to the cost of her container and shipping, Shrader.

It's going to really make carrying all our gear and outreach materials so much better, create more space, and take our Scripture Saturation Excursions and Evangelism to the next level altogether.

With our Landcruiser, and now these tools, weer can go ANYWHERE God leads us to go!

Heaven forfend - but with all these goodies you don't need the plane any more.

Truly, "God's work, done God's way, will never lack God's supply."

With a greatful heart for God's Supply,

Can someone explain to me why this is not "Prosperity Gospel?"

Jolis is fighting back on his own Facebook, bless him.  He has dropped the "Kapolo" nickname John gave him.

let us becareful to call ourselves others names which Our parents didn't give us because sometimes a nickname can be our prideful name when that nickname it's not showing who really we are...,or in other way,Never call yourself King,,, let people call you King because are the ones see your leadership.

And Jolis makes a very good point here about John's Repentence being Works-based I would say, but I'm not an expert on this stuff.

Repentance is not Self-Reformation...
A man may turn over new folio and get rid of some bad habits in his life.He may even ,of his own volition,install some good things in his life. however,Repentance without Faith in Christ is merely reformation:just as Faith in Christ without repentance is only Head Knowledge,see Matthew 7:21-23.
Salvation requires the Spirit's regeneration_Not self-reformation!Any attempt to change one's life in order to be saved becomes a Works-based salvation .

Stick it to him, Jolis.  John is not a good pastor and you don't want or need to follow him.

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Can someone explain to me why this is not "Prosperity Gospel?

It is TOTALLY the prosperity Gospel. I'm sure John has a way to explain that it isn't, but it really is.  The message is, if you are following God, he will give you what you want. John just happens to want a great many expensive things. We need to add up how much money John has blown through again. Someone did it at one point a couple of years ago and John has gone through an unbelievable amount of money. You could have fed a whole bunch of starving children, but apparently John's prosperity Gospel doesn't extend to anyone but himself.  

5 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Jolis is fighting back on his own Facebook, bless him.  He has dropped the "Kapolo" nickname John gave him

So that is what he is talking about. I was confused, but it makes sense now. Why did John nickname him? 

John does seem very works based. He has decided he can see who is going to heave or hell based on what he views as "fruit". 

10 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Why did John nickname him? 

The Kapolo thing was early on and now deleted.  John claimed that the first recruits called him Kapolo.  I got confused because I thought it meant teacher but it means servant or something like that.   Jolis identified as Kapolo Jolisman on FB up until now.  He has reverted to his original name saying Kapolo was a nickname.  So John was calling Jolis a servant.  Nice.

Why don't any of his leg-humpers call John out on the Prosperity Gospel and Works stuff?  I thought those were supposed to be complete no-nos in IFB circles.

I just don't understand how someone as unsuccessful as John is so successful at grifting?  Clearly after almost 3 years with really nothing to show for the  money and goodies would stop coming. But no they continue 

@clearingthingsup  can you shed any light on how he is so successful at this? 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

The Kapolo thing was early on and now deleted.  John claimed that the first recruits called him Kapolo.  I got confused because I thought it meant teacher but it means servant or something like that.   Jolis identified as Kapolo Jolisman on FB up until now.  He has reverted to his original name saying Kapolo was a nickname.  So John was calling Jolis a servant.  Nice.

Why don't any of his leg-humpers call John out on the Prosperity Gospel and Works stuff?  I thought those were supposed to be complete no-nos in IFB circles.

I can see a Christian using 'servant' as a nickname, but it seems like a name one should give themselves. Even that seems a bit like false humility to me. John giving that nickname to a subordinate seems horrifically wrong on a million levels. If I'm understanding the situation correctly.

5 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I can see a Christian using 'servant' as a nickname, but it seems like a name one should give themselves. Even that seems a bit like false humility to me. John giving that nickname to a subordinate seems horrifically wrong on a million levels. If I'm understanding the situation correctly.

It is possible that John meant it as God's servant or that Jolis has a servant's heart (that one always makes me nauseous) but the connotations are really not good if you use it for a subordinate.  As you said.

And, if my memory is correct, when John did use it to describe himself it sounded exactly like false humility.  That phase did not last long.

Goodness knows what kapolo really means or what language it is.  We had the same problem with the meaning of Stephen Lushomo.

It is possible that John meant it as God's servant or that Jolis has a servant's heart (that one always makes me nauseous) but the connotations are really not good if you use it for a subordinate.  As you said.
And, if my memory is correct, when John did use it to describe himself it sounded exactly like false humility.  That phase did not last long.

I'd like to complicate things by pointing out that on the card John posted, where they were praised as "you are real guys," the writer begins with "a great big thank you to the Shrader kapolos."

Damn.  Shrader is really getting negative feedback on his Fruit to Your Account youtube.  I wonder if the bolded is true.  Copying here in case he deletes:

Spoiler

johnshrader isaLIAR13 hours ago

why do you out people publicly on your Facebook instead of dealing with conflicts in private like a mature adult? oh that's right, you're not mature.... you're spiritually weak.

Reply 2  

Carol Jensen2 hours ago

A spiritually mature man would turn to God alone and not use Facebook as a smear campaign to make himself seem more righteous. A spiritually mature man would give this totally to God and know that He alone can do wonders. A spiritually mature man would show grace and humility and not throw little temper tantrums on Facebook. A spiritually mature man listens to Godly counsel, even if it is hard to bear. A spiritually mature man is humble before the Lord.

Reply 1  

why do you lie & hide everything like a coward and a deceiver?

Reply 1  

does your dad know what you've been doing?

Reply 1  

but maybe he'd approve....?

who owns the land your church building is built on?? you know you can't legally own land as a foreigner right? so whose name is it under?

Reply 1  

you are a liar & a deceiver. you manipulated your converts into breaking the law by coming to Zambia illegally & get mad when they won't accept your "biblical leadership" to continue BREAKING THE LAW? Then blackmail them and ruin their reputations? all while running off others from your church.... sounds like you're a fantastic missionary. everyone will know about this eventually & then you won't look so pious will you?

Reply 1  

johnshrader isaLIAR4 days ago

Fruit that remains. ironic when you run your whole congregation off

Reply 1  

2 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

I'd like to complicate things by pointing out that on the card John posted, where they were praised as "you are real guys," the writer begins with "a great big thank you to the Shrader kapolos."

The thot plickens.  I'm completely blanking on that card.  Was the writer one of the men or a leg-humper.

John is on a posting high, he is heading for a crash soon. He always does this. Post like crazy and then when things fail, crawl into bed and moan about Satan attacking him. Daddy then buys him stuff to cheer him up and the cycle starts all over again. 

John posted a note given to him by Boyd. The telling part is that he cuts off the part of the note praising and thanking Esther for all her hard work.  You can see the start of it.

He also posted a picture of a bird his children found with something tangled around his leg. They saved it, fed it and then let it go. No children finding animal torture amusing, so John has that going for him. 

I'm really uncomfortable with John's obsession with calling someone "Black Bull".  It feels like someone made an offhanded comment once about him ("he's as strong as a bull!") and John has creepily seized on it.

@sawasdee, I really don't blame him.  Or her.  

John is a complete manipulative mess.  If he is really asking people to disobey the immigration laws so he can disciple them - he should be the one deported.

1 minute ago, Georgiana said:

I'm really uncomfortable with John's obsession with calling someone "Black Bull".

Yes, indeed.  Me too.

To me, Boyd's FB page doesn't make him sound like someone who would fall for John's sales pitch.  He sounds like a critical thinker.  Perhaps the deaths in his family made him vulnerable.

@PalimpsestThe comment that intrigues me is the "does your dad know what you've been doing".

I don't know about his dad - enquiring minds here want to know!

I'm more than a little intrigued about what John thinks visa etc are for, if he thinks he can just fly from country to country, whenever he feels like it.  And I'm also confused about where he's planning to land, in the bush etc.

1 hour ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

I just don't understand how someone as unsuccessful as John is so successful at grifting?  Clearly after almost 3 years with really nothing to show for the  money and goodies would stop coming. But no they continue 

@clearingthingsup  can you shed any light on how he is so successful at this? 

I honestly don't know. I'm guessing good old dad is as good or better at spinning a tale than John. And my other guess would be John's supporters spend a lot less time on Facebook than he does so they miss large chunks of the story? You know how things get lost in news feeds if you're not looking for them...

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Damn.  Shrader is really getting negative feedback on his Fruit to Your Account youtube.  I wonder if the bolded is true.  Copying here in case he deletes:

Reveal hidden contents

Wow. Someone is mad. I would tend to believe what they're saying knowing what I know of John. 

36 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I'm really uncomfortable with John's obsession with calling someone "Black Bull".  It feels like someone made an offhanded comment once about him ("he's as strong as a bull!") and John has creepily seized on it.

Can someone get quotes on that or a picture? Sounds quite strange. Again, blocked person is nosy haha! 

14 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

I don't know about his dad - enquiring minds here want to know!

The prevailing opinion here is that John is Daddy's golden boy who can do no wrong.  The only one of 5 children who is still Christian* - and a pastor to boot.  Daddy has bailed him out time and time again.

Daddy is also a church-planting pastor who has a history of grifting himself.

*As John would define it.

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

That was the reason his first sending church dropped him. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived