IGNORED

John Shrader Part 11 - God's Grifter Falling Apart

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

I should share that we were up for a new car this year and my husband was gung-ho for getting what John refers to as a Troop Carrier (and we just refer to as old-school style Land Cruiser). I told him he could choose whatever he wanted so long as it had ISOFIX/LATCH since bith our kids are till in car seats and rear air conditioning. He came home from test driving the new model and told me he'd asked the company to order a different model all together because, "you would be miserable in that thing". In addition to not coming equipped with ISOFIX/LATCH or rear air it apparently rides like a bucket of bolts has horrible suspension

Bumpy ride and lack of AC? That would never do for God's Grifter Extraordinaire. Good thing he's managed to pick up 2 more vehicles and a trailer, wouldn't want him to have to make do with a lack of creature comforts. 

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

He must be exhausted.  He hasn't had to "work" that hard for months.

Yes, after all that "hard work" of posting on FB, he might need to take to his bed to recover. 

I wonder if John sets up the expensive tents. I just can't see him doing it. 

I have been a long time reader here for the past few years. I'm sorry if I'm not posting correctly...and I'm sorry if I'm speculating when I'm not a medical professional...but is it possible that John is bipolar? He just has a lot of "highs" and a lot of "lows". I'm sorry if this was already brought up before.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Yes, after all that "hard work" of posting on FB, he might need to take to his bed to recover. 

I wonder if John sets up the expensive tents. I just can't see him doing it. 

His older boys will have to learn how to do it. John will pontificate with the instructions upside down in his clammy little paw. 

Is John related to Trump in any way, maybe a few generations back!?!?!?  Shrader sounds like an European name. So does Trump. Just speculation. They do share a few of the same traits. Both are dum, pontificate, like to be centre of attention, have short attention spans, don't like to be told no, sulk when told no.etc....................

Rea "liked" a comment on one of Jolis' posts...so he's definitely gleefully keeping tabs on the whole exodus from John's congregation.

2 hours ago, clearingthingsup said:

I was thinking about this today. There's a lot to be said about the person who is willing to drop thousands of dollars on one child who obviously doesn't need it - John gets literally everything he wants - plane: check. Troupie: check. African adventure: check. Submissive & sweet wife: check. Another car (how many cars are we on now?!): Check. Matching fridge & freezer: check. Trailer: check. Container of Bibles: check. Blessing barrel full of all the goodies his heart covets: check. Daddy Shrader will send it ALL or find someone else who can!! What the heck else does John need? A motorcycle? A quad? A horse. Probably throw in some more fancy appliances or tools too. And don't forget A.C.! 

:pb_confused:

But you have another child desperately *begging* for help - if you scroll long enough on Jaces page you'll see that he has BEGGED his parents to help him get into rehab. And they won't lift a FINGER. 

That speaks volumes to the character of those parents. 

I met them once. They were less than friendly, kinda stand-offish. I only saw them for a very short time & that was my general impression. I have no idea what kind of people they are in real life. 

This breaks my heart. Jace deserves better. 

I have a sibling who had severe depression and my parents did everything and left no corner unturned in their attempts to help him. 

that is what parents do. And if either of my children need help my parents have shown me what it is to be a good parent even when it's hard. Even though it's not what you imagined for them and yourselves you're lives being. My parents aren't Christian but Rick could learn a lot from them about Christian values. Human values. 

1 hour ago, DnAismyBaE said:

I have been a long time reader here for the past few years. I'm sorry if I'm not posting correctly...and I'm sorry if I'm speculating when I'm not a medical professional...but is it possible that John is bipolar? He just has a lot of "highs" and a lot of "lows". I'm sorry if this was already brought up before.

I'm sure it has been discussed before. I am actually relatively new to the Shrader Insanity myself. His brother seems to be suffering from some extremely disordered thinking (and maybe addiction?), so it could be very likely that John has bipolar or borderline personality disorder. Of course, their upbringing would have contributed to some of their issues, I would think...

Here at FJ, we have lots of great folks with much more expertise (than I have) on mental illness and/or **fundie family fallout**. Hopefully they will weigh in and be more helpful! But Welcome!

3 hours ago, clearingthingsup said:

But you have another child desperately *begging* for help - if you scroll long enough on Jaces page you'll see that he has BEGGED his parents to help him get into rehab. And they won't lift a FINGER. 

That speaks volumes to the character of those parents.

I only "know" him via Facebook but Jace breaks my heart.  He knows he is deeply troubled.  He knows he is mentally ill. He knows his upbringing was dreadful.  He asks for help.  He has self-medicated in destructive ways and he knows it.

Jace is probably very hard to cope with.  He has big problems and I hope he can survive.  I am glad he has friends because ...

His parents seem to have cut him off.  Strange, because he still seems a loving, thoughtful, compassionate and viable human being.  Unlike John Shrader, who seems worse every time I look at the destruction that lies in his wake.  John, who also sometimes seems to be mentally ill, or an out-and-out narcissistic sociopath.

Yet Daddy still supports John to the hilt and abhors poor Jace.  

There is something incredibly wrong with this picture.

1 hour ago, DnAismyBaE said:

Yes.  We have discussed this possibility before but it is fine to bring it up again.  And welcome!

55 minutes ago, Aine said:

Rea "liked" a comment on one of Jolis' posts...so he's definitely gleefully keeping tabs on the whole exodus from John's congregation.

I just realized that right after John posted his clarification post bashing Arcade and Jolis, Rea made a post about not using FB to discuss problems with other Christians. I'm pretty sure that post was directed at John because I'm sure that John keeps up with what Rea is posting and doing. 

9 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I just realized that right after John posted his clarification post bashing Arcade and Jolis, Rea made a post about not using FB to discuss problems with other Christians. I'm pretty sure that post was directed at John because I'm sure that John keeps up with what Rea is posting and doing. 

Rea throws more shade than all The Housewives franchises put together!

2 hours ago, DnAismyBaE said:

I'm not a medical professional either but John does have extremely high highs and low lows in real life too - FJs readers aren't just imagining it and it's not just happening on social media. It's all the time. Sometimes the shift can be really rapid too. I've seen him go from down in the dumps crying and asking for people to forgive him for fairly minor things (where I was legitimately like, "seriously get ahold of yourself, there's no need to grovel over singing slightly offkey on the choir's special") and 20 minutes later be higher than a pie in the sky because he was "so blessed by the Lord that day." It was almost anxiety inducing to be around. Apparently I have the patience of a saint for awkward social behavior. Lol

I showed a picture of John's plane to my brother who is a pilot and he laughed so hard I'm sure he cracked a rib.

Someone upthread covered all the criteria John would have to meet to fly in Zambia, I think it was @formergothardite so I won't be redundant. My brother did say that "if whoever this joker is does get that plane in the air he better be up to snuff on taking off and landing. These 2 things are hard enough for a seasoned pilot to do in a controlled environment. Let alone a novice in the bush flying a soap box derby plane" 

3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Rea throws more shade than all The Housewives franchises put together!

I vote Real Preachers of Zambia be our next thread title.

21 minutes ago, Carol said:

I vote Real Preachers of Zambia be our next thread title.

I can't wait for the reunion special. 

John is back to warning people about the dangers of Jolis and Arcade. Wonder what exactly those two know about him he is afraid of getting out. 

Prayer Request and Caution:

Dear Ministry friends,

Please keep praying for Arcade and Jolis, they have both stopped answering my questions and communicating with me.

Only God truly knows a heart, but when someone refuses to answer direct questions or communicate, that is never a good sign.

"We cannot be root inspectors, but we are told by Christ to be fruit inspectors." - unknown

I would also encourage anyone whom they may contact directly to use wisdom and discernment. The Bible instructs us to get both sides of the story. I have been informed that after these men started behaving in this manner, there were friend requests and communications made with people in the US.

Every veteran missionary that I have spoken with regarding this issue has told me that it is not uncommon to have men make choices like this. "Every missionary goes through this," they tell me

John is trying to normalize himself.

I'm still praying for genuine repentance on these men's part. The same also for Handia and Eugene and Edson and Mr. Phiri.

I hope these guys don't get back into John's grasp and that the other men quickly see him for who he is. John keeps telling people to contact Rodrick and a missionary who is in the Congo, I wonder how those guys would respond to a list of all the money John has wasted on himself. Maybe one of them would know what happened to that well. Is it also in pieces like John's plane? 

Holy John..

Handia and Eugene and Edson and Mr. Phiri and Arcade and Jolis?

It's about time Your supporters figured out the problem is the common denominator....

I can't help but notice he's telling everyone that the Bible commands us to get both sides of a story while only presenting his own and telling people not to talk to Arcade and Jolis.

Exactly.

What is so dreadful about them trying to communicate with people in the US?  As the Bible instructs me to get their side of the story too I really want to hear it.  

As for the people John wants to use as references, the pastor in the Congo can only confirm that Arcade hasn't contacted him.  Roderick is hardly unbiased and who wants to hear from John's patsies.

Also I don't need to ask John for Pastor Monette's contact information.  It only took a few seconds to find it.  I hardly think he has anything to contribute to the story as he is in Quebec.  Yes, that church does apparently support a national pastor in Congo.  They also apparently still support Rex Switzer, the missionary who died of malaria in Ethiopia in 2012, so I don't think they keep their website very current.  

David Rea found the story of Rex Switzer's death very inspiring when he was on deputation.  He used it as an example of heroic missionaries when he talked about sacrificing his children for the Lord's work in Africa.

Free will, John, free will.  It's a bitch when people exercise it. 

On 5/2/2017 at 8:52 AM, gustava said:

I think Daddy is desperate to keep the golden grifter in Zambia.......Failure would be embarrassing and coming home would mean the grifter's grifting would be more visible.   (Edited to apologize to others above who said the same thing.)

ITA.  I also suspect that Daddy knows that people are onto John and his BS.    John might still be the Golden Child in Daddy's eyes, but I think  Daddy has gotten some, um, not so complimentary feedback on his GC.   And that's with John in Zambia, I can't imagine how bad it would be in John in the immediate vicinity.

I do think it's awful that Jace doesn't receive support from his parents while so much goes to John.  Regard of GC status and reasons wanting to keep GC tucked away in Zambia, Jace is their son and needs help.  Then again, the support that was to go to their late sister Sarah's widower got routed to John.  That says a lot about Daddy and Mommy.  And that sort of lack of support / favoritism does a lot of damage, it can't help Jace's frame of mind either. 

Its horrible how someone can have kids and then proceed to pile all of their love on one kid, while the others are left without. The parents have created a monster with John, he is spoiled, selfish and lazy, and he doesn't deserve to get 100% of his parents attention.. All of John's problems are caused by himself, but Jace has real problems that he could really use some help with.

Since I'm home sick today I decided to watch the fruit video. Is 9 hours the magical number to break down people to John's way of thinking? He mentions sharing the gospel for 9 hrs to 2 different people before they were "baptized correctly according to John." I found it funny he states people there are incorrectly reliant on their baptism alone being enough for salvation, but then goes and talks about how the baptismal was one of the first things they built. Basically the whole thing came off as a look how amazing I am to get people to share what I've deemed to be the correct gospel.

On 4/23/2017 at 2:35 AM, LaChatteNoir said:

Satan is about to attack John in a way he doesn't realize. His days in Zambia are numbered. The authorities have gotten wind of him and his shenanigans and he is about to be turfed out. I hope his Dad or Esther's family have money for plane tickets to get them the heck out of dodge. 

Did this ever get explained further? I am so curious. :popcorn2:

6 minutes ago, infooverload said:

Since I'm home sick today I decided to watch the fruit video. Is 9 hours the magical number to break down people to John's way of thinking? He mentions sharing the gospel for 9 hrs to 2 different people before they were "baptized correctly according to John."

I saw that too & I thought it sounded more like an interrogation than "sharing the gospel" lol. I've never seen a clear salvation message take 9 hours to explain. I think if it's taking 9 hours you're either overly complicating things or being way too demanding that they get saved TODAY, NOW.

We are in the "I'm so terrible" part of the John cycle. 

Encouraged at what God is doing in my heart and life.

Please keep praying for me as I seek Christ's Increase.

Only He Who is beyond compare is Worthy. 

To Him alone be all Glory and Praise. 

I am so unworthy of His matchless Love and Grace.

And he is trying to lose weight again. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived