IGNORED

John Shrader Part 11 - God's Grifter Falling Apart

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, Freejin said:

Sort of. A while back he posted that a Zambian gentleman had called john "white on the outside and black on the inside" which flattered him greatly. 

Don't forget, he also has 2 "African American" sons!

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know how John always acts like God miraculously drops cars into his lap without him looking or doing anything? Well if you search the FB page Zambian cars for sale, you will see John has posted a good bit trying to find vehicles. 

Like this one from December:

Attention Car Salesmen!

Serious buyer looking for a 1992 Toyota Corolla, automatic transmission with decent milage. Doesn't have to look pretty, just pressure free and milage not very high.

57 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

Don't forget, he also has 2 "African American" sons!

Who are both American. They were only born in Zambia by chance due their parents decisions.

What would be great is if the boys decided to work in Zambia doing sensible useful jobs in the future. Not like their father.

4 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Who are both American. They were only born in Zambia by chance due their parents decisions.

What would be great is if the boys decided to work in Zambia doing sensible useful jobs in the future. Not like their father.

Yeah, since both parents are American citizens the children are automatically American citizens, even considered as  natural born citizens and can technically run for president. The US does not recognize dual citizenship. Even if the kids get Zambian citizenship, I open they hold American passports. Seems like they might run into all sorts of red tape troubles when they return if they don't. 

5 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Yeah, since both parents are American citizens the children are automatically American citizens, even considered as  natural born citizens and can technically run for president. The US does not recognize dual citizenship. Even if the kids get Zambian citizenship, I open they hold American passports. Seems like they might run into all sorts of red tape troubles when they return if they don't. 

Both boys have visited the US, so they almost certainly have US passports.

10 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Do you know how John always acts like God miraculously drops cars into his lap without him looking or doing anything? Well if you search the FB page Zambian cars for sale, you will see John has posted a good bit trying to find vehicles. 

MILAGE?

Seriously?  I never follow this guy yet every time I click on this thread he's made some new cock-up of the English language.  

11 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I don't think the two born there are Zambian citizens. According to some Zambian friends and also some Zimbabweans living in Zambia one of your parents has to be a citizen at the time of your birth in order to be a Zambian citizen by virtue of your birth in the country. 

AFAIK Tanzania and Lesotho are the only two countries in Africa that confer citizenship to anyone and everyone born there. 

10 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I find that quite interesting. John is such a twister of the truth aka LIAR. :pb_confused:

Here is the picture of Roderick at bethel Baptist. I find it quite interesting that he wasn't at John's giant 90 person Sunday service. 

18301011_1771493419827505_8351335457468775993_n.jpg

I was still curious so I looked it up. According to the UNHCR children born in Zambia to non-citizen parents are only eligible to apply for citizenship as adults after having lived in he country legally for a number of years immedeatly prior to the application. 

Source

22 hours ago, amandaaries said:

Have you seen Malcolm X?  The film is different from the book, but one scene that stuck with me was when he goes to prison and has another inmate talk to him about the very definitions of black and white, starting with the dictionary.  I'd never considered the privilege that comes with my skin and the labels associated with it, nor how my language privileged me just by luck of DNA. Being white came with its own positive connotations, and black also came with its own connotations, but those were much more negative; I truly hadn't realized until I saw that movie (however, I was barely a teen when I saw it, so some naivete is to be expected and allowed) . 

The point is that the terms themselves are heavily laden with connotations that align with stereotypes about race, ie, black is bad, and dark, and scary, and white is light and right, basically -- even though these are actually just colors, and shouldn't be terms of judgment (and beyond that, most human beings are not actually white or black.  I'm more of a beige-pink with a bit of tan, but that's not an option on forms).  (snip)

I kind of thought the "society/language is fucked up that that's an ambiguity" went without saying, but thanks for the kind correction.

Describing someone as "black-hearted" etc. is definitely linked to morality rather than race, and it sounded to me like it was intended to be a slur on John's morality that he'd interpret as a compliment, because he's obsessed with being "African American".

But I'm not sure what the cultural/linguistic differences are between UK English and Zambian English, so I don't know.

I struggle to imagine someone describing John, with his fake Zambian accent as internally African, but internally a terrible person is easy.

I have occasionally seen For Sale signs on houses with "Indoor Plumbing" as a selling point. In my area of the US I think it's meant to be a joke.

Indoor-plumbing.jpg

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived