John Shrader Part 11 - God's Grifter Falling Apart

Coconut Flan

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, clearingthingsup said:

All you have to do is ask nicely. 

"Proof" I guess? 

And it's Esther's handwriting not John's. Oops. Guess I threw anything that prick wrote on away the first chance I got. At one point I *did* have a bunch of CDs with his piano music. 

He sanctimoniously handed them out to nearly every member of the church. :violin:

No, thanks. This post made up my mind for me. You'll be pleased to know, I'm sure, that I'm no longer on the fence.  :my_biggrin:

I am an infrequent poster here but I have read a lot of what's been said recently. Having not grown up in church, a lot of what I'm reading about missionary work I foreign to me. 

My question is this: what is the mentality of the Zambians who get swept up by these foreign missionaries? Why don't they see the inherent arrogance of strangers who have traveled around the world just to tell them how to live? 

I am not asking in a snarky way (although I do love snark). I'm just sincerely trying to see how this happens. 

@Coconut Flan, thanks for snipping that quote in my post. For some reason, I couldn't seem to get rid of the photos. No idea why, normally I have no problem with that sort of thing. I might have just been having a brain fart, though. :embarrassed:

1 hour ago, Freejin said:

I am an infrequent poster here but I have read a lot of what's been said recently. Having not grown up in church, a lot of what I'm reading about missionary work I foreign to me. 

My question is this: what is the mentality of the Zambians who get swept up by these foreign missionaries? Why don't they see the inherent arrogance of strangers who have traveled around the world just to tell them how to live? 

I am not asking in a snarky way (although I do love snark). I'm just sincerely trying to see how this happens. 

My guess is that, no matter what race or culture you come from, there are always going to be those individuals who are attracted to "ministries" like John has. its the type of people cults tend to prey on. And you can be in sub Saharan Africa or downtown LA - there are always people who are looking for meaning and purpose. John and other cult leaders promise them all that and more, and there are people so downtrodden that they grasp at these promises like a lifeline.  You can be happy! God will bless you! Your sins will be forgiven! You still be a part of one thing bigger than yourself!  You will be needed and wanted! 

So it's my opinion that these fake pastors who are really fools with a supremacy complex like John and Rea know how to target their audience. They know who to look for and who to prey on, and they could go anywhere. It's just unfortunate for Zambia that they got the short straw with John lol. 

7 hours ago, Howl said:

Welcome, @subsaharanafrica!  What brought you to google John?

It's nothing particularly juicy. His name came up in conversation with a cousin of mine who grew up in ATI.

Apologies in advance for asking something that I'm sure is answered in previous threads, but it's taken me three solid days of reading from the beginning to get to the point where Stephen is born. Enquiring minds want to know before the end of the week: is he the youngest? Is Esther pregnant? Do they admit to having household help?

On 4/27/2017 at 8:36 AM, clearingthingsup said:

Handia posted a live video on his Facebook a couple hours ago saying basically that there's a situation back home that's stressful & making it hard for him to focus on school, it involves his former pastor & other church members, he basically insinuated that John's crazy and literally said he's "out of control". Hr also mentioned that his pastor keeps sending him messages, but he's ignoring them because it's really distracting. He seems genuinely stressed out about the situation. I feel bad for him. 

I wish we could send some support to Handia. It sounds like he needs it. I just dont know how to do it without friending him on facebook and that would cross a personal line that I dont want to cross. My heart goes out to him. I hope he finds strength to get through this.

46 minutes ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Apologies in advance for asking something that I'm sure is answered in previous threads, but it's taken me three solid days of reading from the beginning to get to the point where Stephen is born. Enquiring minds want to know before the end of the week: is he the youngest? Is Esther pregnant? Do they admit to having household help?

Esther gets pregnant on a fairly regular schedule, and she's not currently preggers, as far as we know, but likely this summer, if John continues to be diligent. As has been noted before, John is quite diligent about impregnating his wife.  Sorry, don't know where Stephen is in the line up. 

I've not known anyone to say that Esther has outside help in the home, although it would be wonderful if she did. John rarely (never?) discusses how Esther and the kids are doing.  I wonder what they do for diapers?  I'm assuming they use disposables, but who knows. I hate the thought of Esther having to deal with cloth diapers. 

@Howl Disposable diapers are insanely expensive because of import tariffs. Our youngest is 1.5, which is the only reason I pay attention to the price of diapers, and they're a little over double what they cost in the US. As a result most expats here (and possibly/probably missionaries too but I don't really run in their circles) cloth diaper. But the market rate for a housekeeper's salary is less than two cases of disposable diapers so pretty much no one is doing that laundry themselves. 

Of course, if you don't really care about providing jobs for people who need to eat or give a damn about what your wife has to deal with you probably aren't bothering with any of this. 

1 hour ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Stephen is #9 out of 10. The baby is Isaiah Kasimpe born June 2, 2016. I don't have my spreadsheet with me, but based on her previous pregnancy spacing I expect a pregnancy announcement within the next 3-4 months.

John is back to being Burdened For Burundi. 

Oh how my heart is burdened for lost souls in Burundi...

Pray with me saints.

Please pray.

Bro. John Shrader

David Rea had a failure of communication with two people both named Aaron and started to get angry, but luckily God calmed him down. Rea was getting phone calls from two different people named Aaron wanting to set up a meetings, but due to their thick accents and crazy Zambian ways(:pb_rollseyes:) Rea thought he was speaking to the same person who kept changing the meeting location.  

No way is John going to Burundi. The former refugees from the last time everything flared up who spent years in camps in TZ and eventually acquired citizenship and went back when things calmed down are all pouring back into Tanzania. It's not safe there right now. 

I truly hope that the blessing barrels contain disposable nappies when a new blessing arrives. Esther will need them initially to help lessen her load. I cannot imagine that John boy does very much.

Rea doesn't sound in any way likeable.

Just now, subsaharanafrica said:

No way is John going to Burundi. The former refugees from the last time everything flared up who spent years in camps in TZ and eventually acquired citizenship and went back when things calmed down are all pouring back into Tanzania. It's not safe there right now. 

If John does go. He can go on his own. Wonder if he has even heard of The Poison Wood novel?

Oh I doubt he will go, he is just trying to make it look like he cares. 

I remember reading missionary stories where they spent forever learning various languages. I wonder why that seems to have fallen out of fashion with IFB. The modern missionaries are just lazy. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

John is back to being Burdened For Burundi. 

David Rea had a failure of communication with two people both named Aaron and started to get angry, but luckily God calmed him down. Rea was getting phone calls from two different people named Aaron wanting to set up a meetings, but due to their thick accents and crazy Zambian ways(:pb_rollseyes:) Rea thought he was speaking to the same person who kept changing the meeting location.  

I'm gonna call him and tell him, in my deepest voice and best John inspired accent, that I want to meet with him.  I'll call myself Haron. :twisted:

44 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I remember reading missionary stories where they spent forever learning various languages. I wonder why that seems to have fallen out of fashion with IFB. The modern missionaries are just lazy. 

It's far too much of an investment. 

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Oh I doubt he will go, he is just trying to make it look like he cares. 

Learning the local language would also require some modicum of curiosity in the culture the missionary is going to, and we all know the white, conservative, American, IFB culture is the only one that matters. /sarcasm 

Surely, surely surely Daddy Genius Sharader's church will not fall for John upping sticks and going to Burundi???

Esther and the children have to come first.

Oh, FFS.

John is soaring as high as a kite again.

Long post - naming a few of the missing folks on a youth retreat.  Preserving for posterity ...

Fantastic Fellowship, Mountains and Memories, Sweet Spirits, Boats and Blessings, Hippos and Hungry Youths...a Totally Terrific Time!

What a tremendous blessing we had this week to host Bro. James and five members of their "Timothy Club" from Independent Baptist Church of Kabwe.

Bro. Roderick, Bro. Cholwe, Bro. Boyd, Bro. Brian, Bro. Emmanuel, Bro. Paul, Bro. White and my boys Enoch, Timothy, and Nehemiah really enjoyed the two day joint Youth Retreat.

Cholwe is newer.  He is supposed to be a medical student.  Brian and Emmanuel (old), Paul (new) and I think that is Whyte (old) not "White."

We started by picking the Kabwe group up from Lusaka them going together to Chongwe, a large town to the East that has no Biblical Church. Bro. Phellion met us there and we distributed almost 3,000 John and Romans with Gospel tracts in less than one hour. If we had been able to take our trailer (arriving hopefully next week), we could have taken and distributed many more! That trailer is going to be such a tremendous blessing!

Somehow I missed the trailer.  So 2 cars and a trailer.  And the plane.  Read on!

We treated the group to Chicken Inn in Lusaka, then on to Kafue. The young men enjoyed sports together such as football (soccer) and volleyball.

We then hiked up the "mountain" next to our church. The view is gorgeous! Bro. James challenged us from the Word of God about how we need to "Go Up a Little Higher."

After his message we all collected a rock and made a pile of stones to remember that special time and committed the decisions made to the Lord. Hiking down was much easier than going up.

It usually is.

A Christian movie, hotdogs, and a bonfire and singing (with a version of S'mores made with what we can get here in Zambia), finished off the very full day!

Feed them and they will come.

The next day Esther made a delicious breakfast, then some more sports, then we took the group out on the Kafue River on a rented pontoon boat. The fishing was poor but a great time was had by all. Esther had packed us all a lunch to eat on the River. We also got to see hippos right here in our river! Elijah also got to come along!

Esther works like a dog.

We then did some "Scripture Saturation" here in Kafue, distributing around 1,000 John and Romans with Gospel tracts, then we drove across the River with everybody plus my boys. We were packed in that Truth Carrier!

We hiked up to where I shot the footage for our last missionary video, and I also had a mountain-themed message on prayer. Again we collected stones and made a pile along with a special time of prayer.

Coming down was a bit exciting, as some got attacked by ants. Those guys are fast! Roderick had them inside his attire all the way up to his neck!

Ouch.  The ants should have attacked John.

Home-made pizza and hand-churned home-made ice cream with the Christian movie "Sheffy" topped the second jam-packed day off. Special times of prayer and singing was also so sweet.

MOAR food.  And I wonder who churned the ice cream.

Although short, our young men and their young men had a wonderful time together, and the atmosphere and attitudes were very focused, dedicated, and Spiritually-minded.

This truly encouraged my heart.

I thank God for such young men who are sincere, spiritual, and sensitive to the Holy Spirit of God.

Please pray that God will continue working in these hearts and lives of the six young men from Kabwe Independent Baptist Church, and the seven young men (and our sons Enoch, Timothy, and Nehemiah) from Truth Biblical Baptist church in Kafue.

Praying and Pursuing God,

Many photos of young men.  Goodness knows when they were taken.  It may not have been recently.

But - WAIT FOR IT! (Yes, I am shouting) next post:

Please pray for the Powerful Potential and Possibility of the Plane

After we completed our mini Youth Retreat (see previous post), I was able to drive about 6 hours North to Ndola, and see our plane.

I literally had tears in my eyes as I sat in the plane.

Imagining.

Then I got that great big grin on my face.

A shit-eating grin.  Also photos of John in a mini plane if someone else can screen shot.

It will truly be clearly the Will of the Lord made plain to get this bird airworthy and registered ti fly here.

God provided an IFB pastor who is a former Zambian Air Force pilot, and he has promised to seek to help us.

It will truly be the luck of the devil if that plane ever flies again.  And chances are it will prang if it ever gets into the air.

If that actually IS John's misbegotten kite (it doesn't look much like the original pics but I know nothing about planes).  It could just be John getting a photo op.

God is big.

REALLY BIG!

Please also specifically pray that the Lord will touch hearts for the place In seeking to put the plane.

Thank you dear friends.

Waiting, praying, and trusting,

Sure!

And I am aware that I am a total cynic who believes that John Shrader is the master of misdirection and isn't above faking stuff.

Thankyou Ali.

John is still the grinning insane idiot he was before I was blocked!!! Nothing changes.

I very much doubt that that is the same plane that John bought three years ago. 

How did he just get the key to the lock-up after three  years?  We were told that Rea had the key? 

Johns flight hours will be well and truly redundant after three years of no practise. He still has to register as a Pilot with Zambian Air Authorities, prove that he is safe etc. Then obtain permission to land on on privately owned airstrips etc.

He truly is a plonker with his head in La la land or stuck up his derierre. Or both.

2 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Oh good grief.  John got his plane.

Not his Plane. A plane.

The day he is legally allowed to fly ANY plane in Zambia I will buy a hat and eat it.

That is not the original picture John used for the plane. So after three years John finally sees the plane and it is literally in pieces. It will cost more than the plane is worth to fix it. Plus, it is clearly under a little tarp cover and appears to have been there for some time, so John's excuse that the key to the hangar where it was being held was with the missionary doesn't hold up. John needs to keep up with his lies. 

I have not thought of Sheffy in YEARS! The IFB church I went to as a child used to play it once a year. A horse dies and I think Sheffy dies at the end. That is all I remember of the movie. It was boring as hell in my memory, I'm sorry those people had to sit through it. 

IMO this latest church adventure was John spending money doing exciting things to entice people to stay with him. The problem is, is that John won't keep sharing money for too long and while he is high as a kite, now, his crashing lows seem to be getting more frequent and last longer. It is only a matter of time till he is trashing some of these guys. 

12 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Oh good grief.  John got his plane.

He got the plane he deserves, a pile of worthless junk. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived