IGNORED

John Shrader Part 11 - God's Grifter Falling Apart

Coconut Flan

Do some people consider debit cards to be debt? I've never come across this before.

Even the most anti-debt person I've known used a debit card. However she was also OK with mortgages (considered them the only acceptable form of debt) so maybe I've just never met anyone extreme enough.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Look at all John's hard work gone to waste! How dare he be ungrateful and have a thought that doesn't agree with John?! He was supposed to be the fruit of John's labor that he could show off, but instead he ended up being an actual human with thoughts and opinions.

This is exactly it!  He doesn't really care about people going to hell etc, if he's not convincing enough - he cares about how it impacts on his IMAGE!

An aside:  in 3 years, John's down to 3 converts, since he's run off been persoanlly betrayed by everyone else.  I do get that there's a common thing where a charismatic preacher/politician/snake-oil salesman/lifestyle guru can be super-convincing for say, a fortnight, but they move on and the effect wears off, but either John is the worst missionary ever (likely!) or his brand of Christianity is exceptionally unappealing, because surely that's the most crazy conversion rate - he's averaging one a year, that sticks! 

I know I am continually wondering this, but how on earth do his sending churches see this as a good rate of investment?  They're supporting, what, 10 family members, and in return, get 3 souls won for Christ??  There have got to be so many more ways they could use that money to get more.  Hell, even just putting it into, IDK, a non-Christian school/well-building programme would have a better rate of souls won, just by the law of averages, AND do good for whole communities!  I am intrigued!

ETA @FeministShrew Thank you!  I am boggling!
@Topaz The only thing I can think of is that they don't understand debit cards, as they literally only use money in your account, so it's not even like a cheque, where you can go hella overdrawn by writing cheques when you don't have the cash!  (At least in UK/European countries I've been to)

I hate the term "triggering" but that post of John's was just ... Ugh! Every word was textbook controlling narcissist/spiritual abuser. Such people always - always! - accuse you of "rebellion" whenever you don't fall in lockstep with them. I can't even hear that word without wanting to puke. John sucks even more than I thought. 

Poor Esther. I wonder if she has any idea how awful he is. Knowing what her father is like,   I doubt it. 

What a blessing...

Bro. Roderick taught Thursday night Bible Study for me tonight.

He taught about genuine repentance from Nehemiah 9.

There was obvious conviction upon people's faces, tears in eyes...

God showed up.

Fruit that remains.

Please pray for Roderick, as God clearly had His Hand on this man's life and is using him mightily.

Very encouraged by the moving of God in our midst.

For Christ's Increase,

Bro. John Shrader

John is laying it on thick with Rodrick. Probably because he is afraid of him bolting. If he ever runs then John is doomed. 

He sure is a crappy cult leader. L. Ron Hubbard managed to get people to believe in ailiens. David Koresh had lots of wives. John can barely manage more than one or two lackeys. 

He sure is a crappy cult leader. L. Ron Hubbard managed to get people to believe in ailiens. David Koresh had lots of wives. John can barely manage more than one or two lackeys. 

Good point, and I think that speaks to both his selfishness and his utter lack of empathy. He seems to have absolutely no idea how to consider the world from someone else's perspective. FFS, this man has grifted several cars, fancy appliances, special American food deliveries, YEARS of support for his incredibly large family and an entire plane...which he rarely mentions because someone else is to blame for that. Not him. Nope.
He expects this level of comfort for himself, then denigrates those who would ask him to share. Does he truly believe people can't see this? Or is his vision so poor and inept that he cannot comprehend that? Or does he just believe that the rules are different for him? My money's on the last option.

It's a terrible investment. John's won 3x as many souls for them by getting his dick wet than he has by conversion.

3 hours ago, clearingthingsup said:

I've seen him scream and yell at people (bang his fist on the table, storm around the room) who didn't agree with him. Only to (insincerely and grandiosely) apologise (grovel) later (that's how he got away with it). 

I've also watched him accuse several people of things they never did when they made him mad. 

He also *does* go nuts when he is losing control. I vaguely remember something about him mass emailing an entire list of pastors who were part of a missions group mailing list when he was in the middle of being dropped by his first sending church (I think he was hoping to save face by getting in touch with everyone before the sending church did) and accused his pastors of lying & doing stuff they never did. It ended up backfiring on him & he lost even more support lol

Well, this brings into sharp focus how John might be alienating his followers, while pretending to be the most pious man on the planet, or at least in Sub-Saharan Africa and Beyond.  He's fast becoming the poster boy for Sanctimonious Ass. Thanks for your clarification. Apparently anyone who crosses John will pay the price. 

6 hours ago, clearingthingsup said:

Handia posted a live video on his Facebook a couple hours ago saying basically that there's a situation back home that's stressful & making it hard for him to focus on school, it involves his former pastor & other church members, he basically insinuated that John's crazy and literally said he's "out of control". Hr also mentioned that his pastor keeps sending him messages, but he's ignoring them because it's really distracting. He seems genuinely stressed out about the situation. I feel bad for him.

If he did, I feel bad for Handia.  He needs to block John.

If Handia did post a video, I can't see it.  Can anyone else?

FYI I know there's been a lot of speculating,lol. I no longer go to that church. No longer support Rea. So you can stop beating the dead horse. :deadhorse:

There has been no speculation about you.  Stop misrepresenting things.  I have looked at your old posts, referred to what you said, pointed out you clearly supported Rea in June 2016, and asked you directly whether you still supported him.

It was a simple yes or no answer that it took you a surprisingly long time to cough up.  

I'm not sure whether you really know either Rea or Shrader at this point.  And your performance so far has not impressed me.  I'm afraid I'm leaning towards you being a fake.

40 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm not sure whether you really know either Rea or Shrader at this point.  And your performance so far has not impressed me.  I'm afraid I'm leaning towards you being a fake.

I don't need you to validate me. 

I have pictures their kids have drawn. 

I have CDs with John's handwriting on them. 

I have leaflets he wrote sitting somewhere in my house (crap). 

I mean I guess I can go find em and take a picture. 

But. 

See the first line. 

Don't mean to be snarky but you started it. 

IMO you are probably who you say you are @clearingthingsup, but it is concerning that you do tend to downplay Rea, even when you are saying that you aren't. No, he isn't just blunt and saying things for shock value. He is being a terrible, terrible human, why act like he isn't? If Rea's FB was public we would have as many threads about him being awful as we do about John. I really wish it was so people could grasp how terrible Rea is. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

IMO you are probably who you say you are @clearingthingsup, but it is concerning that you do tend to downplay Rea, even when you are saying that you aren't. No, he isn't just blunt and saying things for shock value. He is being a terrible, terrible human, why act like he isn't? If Rea's FB was public we would have as many threads about him being awful as we do about John. I really wish it was so people could grasp how terrible Rea is. 

I don't really know anything about your personal history, but from your name I would assume you came out of a bill gothard/ATI/fundie group. When you left, was it a sudden 180 like "OMG I can't believe all this stuff I believe isn't true" or did it take awhile to process everything? Because I think for some people it probably takes awhile for *everything* to click. So give me a little time, please, maybe?

I'm gradually starting to see. 

Also wanted to say I could see for people who grew up in it this process of extraction could take a LONG time indeed. 

4 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I laughed so hard at this. Wayy harder than I should have probably. My cats are lined up staring at me. 

44 minutes ago, clearingthingsup said:

I don't really know anything about your personal history, but from your name I would assume you came out of a bill gothard/ATI/fundie group. When you left, was it a sudden 180 like "OMG I can't believe all this stuff I believe isn't true" or did it take awhile to process everything? Because I think for some people it probably takes awhile for *everything* to click. So give me a little time, please, maybe?

I was raised IFB. It takes time to process belief change but Rea is a bad missionary by fundamental, biblical standards. You wouldn't even have to reject IFB beliefs to see a guy shoving a person  instead of witnessing to them as bad. The entire point of him being there is to try to get people like the guy he shoved saved. He failed at the one thing he is supposed to be doing.  And he didn't even act repentant, he bragged about it. He showed no concern at all for the soul of that guy. None. Rea is a missionary who thinks that guy is heading to hell, but he doesn't care and won't bother to try and save him. 

I get that Rea probably has come off as nicer towards you while John hasn't which makes it harder for you to accept that he is a bad person. While you see John's rages as bad, you aren't applying that standard to Rea who also rages at people who disagree with him. His FB is filled with stories of angry confrontations where he always smugly presents himself as able to outsmart the people who disagreed with him. Rea hasn't raged at you because you haven't crossed him. His reply to the people who questioned him about the animal torture was far from nice. 

I do understand it is hard to look critically at someone we like and who has been  nice to us. But when you have guys like Rea and Shrader, they really need to be looked at with a very critical eye. They are in Zambia because people didn't think critically about them and who knows what sort of damage they will do. 

Anyway, back to John. 

I noticed on John's post about Arcade that a woman said that she received a friend request from him but rejected it because John had warned her. John is doing his best to destroy the credibility of anyone who disagrees with him. Rodrick appears to be the last thing holding his crumbling "ministry" together and if he goes, I think the whole thing will go. 

11 hours ago, clearingthingsup said:

I don't need you to validate me. 

No.  Members will make up their own minds about whether you and your information can be trusted.

Something doesn't smell right to me though.  

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

No.  Members will make up their own minds about whether you and your information can be trusted.

Me, either. I'm perched on a rather uncomfortable fence about this one right now. :think:

Arcade disagreeing with him is clearly an attack by Satan to prevent John from spreading his Historical Biblical Whatever He Calls It Gospel in Burundi. 

Thank you for your prayers for us and for Arcade and Jolis dearly beloved. Satan knows that Burundi is mostly without the Light of the pure Gospel, and is seeking to stop it. We love Burundi, it's precious people, and will continue loving Arcade and Jolis, praying that God will help them humble themselves and follow the Word. Let's continue praying together.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I rarely respond to the interpersonal squabbles on here, and I just pass over them, but ya'll are taking up tooooooo much space now.  Please stop berating each other......berate Shrader instead.

1 hour ago, gustava said:

I rarely respond to the interpersonal squabbles on here, and I just pass over them, but ya'll are taking up tooooooo much space now.  Please stop berating each other......berate Shrader instead.

Amen. 

You don't like each other. Great. I'm sure you are both decent people IRL. I like you both! 

Let's move on to our common dislike of someone whose truly awful & a mockery of all that is 'christian' 

If people want to return to discussing the evils of John Shrader, they should contribute something substantive to the discussion instead of whining.  I'm merely trying to discern how much of this "insider" information is reliable.  It has nothing to do with liking and no berating has taken place.  

To bring this back to topic, somewhat to my disappointment, Roderick seems to be still fully in support of John.  Someone asked after his wife in the comments and he has responded, but not about his wife:

Roderick Dhaharious Malunga Amen brother i love what you 've said you are not trying to lift us up,we are also encouraged by how you are looking to Jesus even tho it seems hard by the people you 've poured out your life are against you it is also a great burden to see some quieting, some falling by the way.we love them and we 'll never stop praying for them.but brother its a battlefield we can't force any one to follow God's will but lives are being changed God is working i have personally struggled but I want best for him (God).,he is really changing me.as for me and my family will serve the Lord.

He still seems fully on board.  Pity.

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

Me, either. I'm perched on a rather uncomfortable fence about this one right now. :think:

All you have to do is ask nicely. 

"Proof" I guess? 

And it's Esther's handwriting not John's. Oops. Guess I threw anything that prick wrote on away the first chance I got. At one point I *did* have a bunch of CDs with his piano music. 

He sanctimoniously handed them out to nearly every member of the church. :violin:

IMG_20170428_075100.jpg

IMG_20170428_075130.jpg

20 hours ago, Lurky said:

ETA @FeministShrew Thank you!  I am boggling!
@Topazit's not even like a cheque, where you can go hella overdrawn by writing cheques when you don't have the cash!  (At least in UK/European countries I've been to)

In Italy it's illegal and you risk to incur into heavy sanctions.

If your mission's falling a-part, clap your hands.

If your mission's falling a-part and you're in the Sub-Sahara,

If your converts call you useless, wiggle your toes.

If your converts call you useless, wiggle your toes.

If your converts call you useless and say that God sees your ineptness,

If your converts call you useless, wiggle your toes.

If you don't have any fruits, sing a hymn.

If you don't have any fruits from all the money sent to you,

It's a pretty safe bet that any of the locals/would be converts have Googled Shrader have found there way here (as I have). 

I live in a neighboring country to Zambia.  If you type John Shrader into Google the first result is his FB page, the second result is the wiki page of some sportscaster in California, the third result is relating to the same person in #2. The fourth thing that comes up is the closed thread just prior to this one (God's Grifter #10).

Search engine results vary greatly based upon where your IP address is but I'd imagine that if the results vary between Zambia and here it's that this thread is higher in the order there. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived