IGNORED

Sister Wives: 5 Threads, 5 Adults...Or Are There?

Ok folks. Color me confuzzled. 

When Meri presented the B&B idea the first time, Christine's mom was going to run it.

Should we initiate a welfare check on her? Where is she now???

@Carm_88 -- please hold my hand through tonight's Cray Cray!!

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Ok folks. Color me confuzzled. 

When Meri presented the B&B idea the first time, Christine's mom was going to run it.

Should we initiate a welfare check on her? Where is she now???

Oh gosh I totally forgot about Annie running it!!  Thanks for the reminder ~ I'm watching the show after my preschooler falls asleep, I'll try to take notes, and post some observations asap ;)

So meri gets to live by herself in a huge house, not be involved with the family, and expect a 2nd mortgage for her mom? Wtf is she thinking. I would be so pissed, especially after all that she has done lately.

So on the Sister Wives' Facebook in the teaser, they have a pinata that looks like Mykelti?!  Who does this?!  This is why you do not try and mix Mexican and "vintage" culture! 

So.....they are going to beat up a woman for fun? 

I can't even watch. 

18 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

So on the Sister Wives' Facebook in the teaser, they have a pinata that looks like Mykelti?!  Who does this?!  This is why you do not try and mix Mexican and "vintage" culture! 

So.....they are going to beat up a woman for fun? 

I can't even watch. 

Ughhh they went over this a few weeks ago and actually planned on calling it "beat the bride and groom" disgusting. 

Also my husband is Mexican and beating a pinata that looks like your wife is NOT a tradition or apart of Mexican culture. It's so offensive. Also has anyone noticed that Mykelti is pretty absent in talking heads and aspyn is doing the talking? Either Mykelti and tony arent doing so good or they are trying to get aspyn a sister wife spin off with her AUB husband. 

It's been a very busy week for me, so I had very little free time. I recorded the show tonight, but I couldn't watch. I caught a glimpse of Kody's TH...what was up with his voice? It didn't sound like him. :my_confused:

I watched. Here are some random observations.

I wonder if they realize viewers are able to retain information. Robyn says at one point that she doesn’t want to overstep boundaries and waits for the mother of the bride to request help but she would then be willing to help. Later Christine says she asked for help with those stupid flowers and none of the other wives helped.

Christine doesn’t get that she should sing in a lower register. 

Meri wants the rest of the family to endlessly sacrifice for her. In her head she is still the legal wife. 

Any so-called benefits of polygamy escape me.

W. o. W.

Meri is insane. SO glad the other family members aren't indulging her this time. They're supposed to just buy her a second house, because she likes it......??? Ridiculous. I am shocked Kody actually admitted that they're living like a divorced couple. I mean, we all knew that, but I'm still surprised he would say it on tv.

I despise Tony. His relationship with Mykelti reminds me of mine with my first boyfriend. A homely, rude, "tells it as it it", immature guy who treats women terribly so they think they can do no better and won't leave him. Also, what is his obsession with Mexican culture....?? He just says everything he wants is "Mexican culture" so Mykelti has to give it to him. God I wish she had a better husband.

I feel like Mykelti makes people do burdensome/uncomfortable things for her to get attention. That girl is desperate to be loved. Guess that's why she ended up with Tony. :pb_rollseyes:

I can't shake this feeling that Christine is - and always has been - the wife who loves Kody the most. But I don't think she's ever been the favorite . :(

I just don’t understand why these women want a multiple wife situation. Meri is clearly desperately unhappy. What is the advantage? I don’t know the religious reasons. It is all insane and then Robyn joins up.....she also had some polygamy in her family somewhere. 

The kids seem happy and have so many siblings....which is nice as they go through life. However, one man sleeping with four women and they all are a “family” is just too much for my mind. 

Yes to an above poster, Christine’s voice is pleasant but the is singing the song in too high a register.

Can’t wait to see the frozen wedding. Tony is so annoying. He controlled the food at the wedding totally as far as I could see. All tacos i guess. 

Whatever. 

Yes, imo Christine seems very unhappy in the marriage, trying to please a housband that is not very into her. It seems to me that  the only relationship that’s quite healthy, is Janelle and Kody. B/c they have a businesslike relationship.

So like I totally get letting the bride and groom celebrating their day their own way but REALLY they looked so miserable in the windy, cold weather but Mykelti just had to have it outside! :pb_rollseyes:

My great grandparents and beyond were actually polygamous (my maternal grandma was wife three and I'm not sure where my mom's was). But it made a lot more sense since it was early 1900s going backwards in Eastern Africa where it was the norm. Can't tell you how much the couples liked it but it made sense in context at the time. This just seems so so miserable. I'm still in agreement that those who want a polygamous marriages as long as they're consenting adults but Meri obviously wants out. I thought her mom was in one too?

I might hate Kody and disapprove of their lifestyle but man my heart broke when Ysabel was talking about her scoliosis. To be 14 and constantly in pain and their those braces. That poor girl. She's a good seed. She said she thinks about people that have it worse and her situation isn't that bad. I have 5% scoliosis so it's really not that bad but the pain is still there. I can't imagine what a 14 year old goes thru with almost 40% curvature. Poor kid. It's just heartbreaking.

I actually like these people. They are so accepting of Mariah, they do not seem to control like the duggars at all. Mykelti’s dress is NIKE. And yes, poor Ysabel. The kids do seem to flourish.

But as I said, Meri is miserable and I really don’t know about the rest. I guess the consensus is that Robyn is the favorite. It is just weird to me. But that’s me. 

2 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I might hate Kody and disapprove of their lifestyle but man my heart broke when Ysabel was talking about her scoliosis. To be 14 and constantly in pain and their those braces. That poor girl. She's a good seed. She said she thinks about people that have it worse and her situation isn't that bad. I have 5% scoliosis so it's really not that bad but the pain is still there. I can't imagine what a 14 year old goes thru with almost 40% curvature. Poor kid. It's just heartbreaking.

I got as far as that part so far. I was surprised she was so open about it. But kudos to her for being so open. It was one of the most heartfelt moments in the show that I've seen. I hope the brace works for her.

I'm 11 minutes in and all I can think of is... I need wine. 

The trailer didn't lie?? Meri actually wants to buy this B&B and just have it for her mom to live in? and she thinks that LuLaRoe will pay for the mortgage? Shouldn't her income be directed towards the family? like everyone else's? (I'm rewatching season 3 now and all I can think of is when Christine passed her realtor exam and said that she couldn't wait to make a big sale and tell everyone she had this big commission and just ask what debt she could pay off it with it) Christine said it best... "That is so DUMB"

Janelle also brings up a tremendous point... WHY are we having this conversation??

That all said Kody could have been a little less disengaged when she invited him to go up there and see the house, the wives have at least tried to be supportive and encouraging. 

Christine's bathroom is huge... I want it. 

Seeing Ysabel talk about the brace is breaking my heart, I can't even imagine (but damn that girl is acting light years more mature than one of her older sisters....). Also my heart aches for Christine, first Truley and now this. I'm not a parent but I know that having an injured or ill child is firmly in worst nightmare territory. 

This song... oh lordy lou. Christine can sing, that isn't the issue. But switching from piano to guitar and a different arrangement 2 days before??? May the force be with her. 

On 1/29/2018 at 2:45 PM, 2manyKidzzz said:

But as I said, Meri is miserable and I really don’t know about the rest. I guess the consensus is that Robyn is the favorite. It is just weird to me. But that’s me. 

From what I gather... I feel like Kody loved Meri once upon a time when they first got married. Then he got sucked into the poly trap and felt obligated to take more wives, so he chose Janelle, who already had connections to the family. Christine was added to complete his trio, because in that faith, three wives is the bare minimum you need to get into your celestial heaven. 

I feel like once he met Robyn though, I feel like that was the first time since his youth that he really felt love, and realized how deeply in love he was in with Robyn. I feel like that hasn't diminished, and she's proven to be a good partner to him. Ultimately, it looks like favoritism, because it's the only actual genuine relationship he has. 

This is my general consensus as well, even though I haven't watched the show in years. 

Meri was a young love marriage, then came the other two. Then came Robin, who were this a menogamous marriage situation, would have been Kodys second wife. That whole thing men do where they have a new lease on life with the new wife and new kids and starting over. 

On 1/28/2018 at 9:50 PM, ChickenettiLuvr said:

The delay is crazy but I fell fast asleep! 

I caught some of the episode today but man oh man, it was kinda hard to take. Making people go out in the cold because she needed to have her wedding outside. Beating the Bride and Groom Pinata! NopE!  

1 hour ago, IreneIssh said:

In Touch reported yesterday that Sister Wives is cancelled after this season. Looks like the ratings were pretty bad the last couple years. Not surprising with all the catfish nonsense. 

I think the show has been dragging the last couple of seasons. Too much focus on Meri. I found that off putting.

12 seasons is a lot!

That's not an official announcement yet, so I'll be curious to see if it's true. TLC families also seem to have a habit of coming back after cancellation.

3 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I think the show has been dragging the last couple of seasons. Too much focus on Meri. I found that off putting.

Okay, I agree, but.............how will I see Janelle and her kids now???? :(

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived