IGNORED

Sister Wives: 5 Threads, 5 Adults...Or Are There?

5 minutes ago, bananabread said:

Okay, I agree, but.............how will I see Janelle and her kids now???? :(

They'll still be on Twitter and Instagram! 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/1/2018 at 3:43 PM, IreneIssh said:

In Touch reported yesterday that Sister Wives is cancelled after this season. Looks like the ratings were pretty bad the last couple years. Not surprising with all the catfish nonsense. 

I'm not surprised. There's not really anything exciting going on anymore. Unless Kody divorces a wife or adds another one, I don't think people really care about their day to day activities. 

51 minutes ago, viii said:

I'm not surprised. There's not really anything exciting going on anymore. Unless Kody divorces a wife or adds another one, I don't think people really care about their day to day activities. 

Definitely. Kind of ironically, if Meri had actually left the family last season I think it could have lasted a little longer, but there's just nothing there for viewers anymore. Dumb Kody getting four women to marry him isn't as novelty as it once was. 

3 hours ago, IreneIssh said:

Definitely. Kind of ironically, if Meri had actually left the family last season I think it could have lasted a little longer, but there's just nothing there for viewers anymore. Dumb Kody getting four women to marry him isn't as novelty as it once was. 

When the show started, people were very interested in the family dynamic and how they made it work. Their specially designed house and special schools for the kids were interesting. It was a look into a completely foreign lifestyle right here in our country.

I personally was obsessed with understanding how this goof with a bad haircut got 3 then 4 beautiful, intelligent women to marry and stay married to him. 

Now they live in cookie cutter but separate mcmansions and are just disfunctional and sticking together for the show. Boring.

If the Brown family was trying to show how polygamy was a great lifestyle and made everyone better they have failed miserably. None of them seem happy.

IMO Kody seems disengaged and bored and the wives appear to delight in making fun of him. Kody seemed to love thinking the world thought of him as a young stud but now he is a man with 4 older wives and umpteen children. He is an idiotic, aging man-child looking at decades of financial responsibilities that he has no way to fulfill.

On 2/1/2018 at 7:33 PM, bananabread said:

Okay, I agree, but.............how will I see Janelle and her kids now???? :(

I will miss watching her. I think she is great, my favorite.

Haven't been able to catch up on many things the last few days, is the show cancelled? Maybe this upcoming show will have the news?

I thought Meri hadn't moved out and her mom or someone was going to run the B&B in Utah. I just read the above article ^ and it said she moved out of her house months ago. I know InTouch isn't the most reputable source (but they have INSIDER info, yo!) so I'll take all of this with a grain of salt, for now. I wonder if the other wives really would ever divorce him and move away. 

I watched this show from the beginning and it was always clear that Robyn was the favorite. I couldn't imagine living in a dynamic like that. I know they always claimed having sister wives was the best but I just don't get it at all. 

I lost interest through the years because as my good friend says, "they're just too normal." I need me some drama in my reality tv.

Well, no matter what, Meri is obviously loving her life these days, she looks like a million dollar!

Who is the dark haired woman on many of Meri’s IG photos?

I'm really skeptical of the article I posted, which is the same source as the cancellation rumor. There have been so many stories where an "inside source" said that one or more of the wives had left the family, but it hasn't happened yet. I also don't think a show just about the kids would be very interesting and would doubt that they would be considering that while cancelling the show.

OT sorta, but I'm not sure it deserves its own thread.  Has anyone seen Say Yes to the Dress with the first wife as part of the entourage for the soon-to-be second wife.  When she didn't know the camera was on her, Wife #1 looked miserable.  It was painful to see her.

No, I haven't, but am now interested. Do you have a season number/episode number for me to find this one, @gustava.

Calling my favorite sister wife @Carm_88!!!  Yo-de-lay-hee-hoo!!!

Are we watching the new episode of Sister Wives tonight at 8:00 Eastern?  I'm counting on you for your snarkalicious commentary and your company.  *bats eyelashes*  Apparently there is some Kody Drama where he's late to the wedding. (Rufus help me -- cannot remember their nickname. Tokelti?)

Gathering chocolate + adult beverage of choice to share with you.  Pleeze oh pleeze say it's a date.

That wedding episode... I'm right now at the part where Kody isn't MIA, and what a crapshoot of a episode at least so far. Ouch. 

Don't tell me it gets worse. 

45 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Darn! Thought you guys watched!

Also @Sky with diamonds it does get worst, especially at the reception. 

A shit show for sure! :my_confused:

The singing, the pinatas...not cute, funny at all. Dang.

Oh no....the singing. Lots of second hand embarrassment here. But you gotta applaud her determination. 

The dancing? And Tony is considered by Christine to be a such a good dancer he was hard to follow? 

The pinatas. Nope, not a chance in hell. 

Here’s my half-assed recap :my_biggrin:

Mykelti will have an outdoor wedding, no matter the weather 

Mykelti and Tony aren’t nervous about the wedding, they just want to “enjoy each other” and “finally” be married 

Some of Robin’s little kids were sick and she was worried about them getting sicker with it being so cold out. Janelle was worried about Maddie catching something too since she’s pregnant. 

Kody has to go back to the hotel to get his outfit because Christine forgot to bring it. This makes for much drama, as Mykelti is demanding to see her family and Kody is MIA. The wedding starts late. 

So it’s freezing. It looks miserable. The guy marrying them has them hold a frisbee as a symbol of everlasting love and fun (something like that. They met at a frisbee game). The guests are all covered in blankets. Did I mention it looks miserable? 

They are finally married, and the party begins. And more drama. It’s time for pics, and Mykelti wants them outside. Kody says hell naw- the little sick kids aren’t going outside anymore. It finally sort of gets settled, and they are back to being happy. 

They eat. (And according to Christine’s twitter, Tony was correct in the number of tacos they SHOULD have ordered but didn’t. They ran out of food). Kody speaks (I skipped that part). Christine sings (she mentioned on Twitter that she sang two songs and only one could be broadcast and she liked the other song much more). 

Tony drags (I mean it looked that way) Mykelti around the dance floor. Not super graceful. And then...the his and hers piñatas. Ahh. It was kinda weird. I mean he beat the crap out the bride piñata. But I guess they had fun???

I think that’s about it. 

I would never invite people to my wedding and make them freeze. That was ridiculous. Those two are insufferable. Ridiculous. So selfish. Would the guests also have had to sit outside if it was raining I wonder? Geez. They ran out of tacos because they didn’t really have a head count. So I guess that was fun. How ridiculous. Having a catered meal and not knowing how many people are coming. 

Also they just had tacos correct? Like no sides, just tacos? They were also on the smaller size too.

The dancing KILLED me! It was dancing like you were 5, not that you were an adult getting married. Poor girl's chest was about to fly out of the dress the way he was dancing with her.

Oh yeah @StepMonsterInLA , I forgot about that! It was so bizarre. And of course, everyone just laughs. I’d be pissed if I were the bride or groom or one of the wives. Wtf Kody? 

@candygirl200413 I think it was just tacos. And it’s funny that they ran out. Yeah it looked like he was going to mop the floor with her when they were dancing. 

If I was the owner of that facility thinking I was going to get some good publicity out of this wedding I would be pissed off. We know it was the idiotic Brown family plus Tony making these decisions but to the guests it could appear that the facility didn’t have a plan b for lousy weather and couldn’t properly calculate how much food was required.

I do hope that Tony and Mykelti enjoyed their wedding but as a guest I would have been miserable.

I don’t quite understand if so many more people came than planned, or people just “pigged out” as the cause of running out of food. Serving only tacos seems odd to me. No side dishes, rice, beans, etc., or something. 

I should be charitable about Tony, but I’m not, but will refrain from saying anything. The more I thought about Mykelti making people freeze and then dragging her family outside for pictures.......the more I think she is outrageously selfish. So odd. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived