IGNORED

Sister Wives: 5 Threads, 5 Adults...Or Are There?

On 1/10/2018 at 11:14 AM, OhNoNike said:

Maybe Meri would sell the house to one of the adult children.

If Maddie's always there anyway, it would make tons of sense for her to at least start RENTING Meri's place.  That keeps it in the family, gives Maddie her own space nearby, and for at least a couple years, will still give Meri and Mariah space in the home if they want it.   Kody can still have his living-room church or whatever.  Plus if Maddie is home in the compound, they could send the littles over there when they need watching, and take whatever they would pay a babysitter off her rent.  

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But these folks don’t make sense as was witnessed when they built the houses and Merri was over budget but insisted that she needed all these things even though it was just her, Cody and Mariah.  

Nothing about those houses made sense. Not one jesus thing. What a fucking mess! 

On 1/8/2018 at 5:53 AM, Million Children For Jesus said:

I'll be mean and say that I'm surprised they made it a year without getting pregnant, and I don't hope they work out long term. They're both spoiled, entitled, and immature now, but I have faith that she might outgrow it, whereas Tony strikes me as a lost cause. I hope they don't have kids, so by the time she outgrows him and gets sick of his crap, she can kick him to the curb without being tied to him in any way. Can you imagine co-parenting with that guy? He would probably tell Cody to pay for the diapers with an equity line of credit. 

I just watched the new episodes and I must say Tony is one of the most obnoxious, entitled, immature, clueless, dumb, unattractive characters of reality tv land. I wanna smack him so much. You pay for your 4,000 tacos you idiot.

I feel sorry for Christine, she keeps saying "I love that boy" over and over again trying to convince us, and herself, that she is OK with all this. I would shoot myself if my daughter married that a** (and, granted, Mykelti is very, very, very annoying and childish herself....but can you imagine having that idiot as the father of your grandkids?)

22 minutes ago, seasonsoflife said:

(and, granted, Mykelti is very, very, very annoying and childish herself....but can you imagine having that idiot as the father of your grandkids?)

Oh sweet Jeebus, I didn't consider the grandkids. Goodness gracious. Those two really do seem like idiots. I'm sure that Cheistine now has to pretend to be okay with it all until the divorce and watch Kody pay for a taco exstravaganza in the meantime.

I'm finally watching the last half of this episode and I have SO MANY questions... Help me FJ. Help me Rufus. Help me understand. 

1) Mykelti is all like "we're going to save a lot of money on this wedding" ... ok. WHERE?

2) We're doing Hispanic stuff for Tony... Oh? he's Hispanic? I thought he was Mexican.. Ok... BUT WAIT! Our theme is mexican vintage because Tony's culture is Mexican and Mykelti's "Culture" is... Vintage? 

Serious question... are Mexican and Hispanic interchangeable?  

3) Why was everyone so shocked that Mykelti couldn't join the LDS church?? didn't we literally just go through this exact same thing with Mady wanting to join and not being able to? (not agreeing with the decision but like... why are we surprised by this?) 

4) Mykelti is disappointed about not being able to join the LDS church...but she wants to drink coffee... sorry maybe I'm BEC (ok I am) but like if you're so totally wanting to join this church why wouldn't you practice it's beliefs even before being baptized? like if that's what you believe why aren't you following it?

This isn't a question but  IIRC Robyn was always talking about how she was in this terrible relationship not abusive perse but not nice...but she has no issue with like mocking spousal abuse and domestic violence. Ok... yeah. 

low key might make a drinking game tomorrow of "every stupid thing tony says" but I'm afraid we might get a tad too drunk.

22 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

Previous So Cal person here, but I think Mexican and Latino might be more interchangeable than Mexican and Hispanic.... someone else might have another viewpoint.  

Her wanting to join the LDS church was as fake a storyline as possible. Joining a religion is not like joining a gym. She does not follow even basic Mormon standards from modesty to diet restrictions. Her wedding dress would be considered extremely inappropriate in Mormon culture. I find the whole thing completely insincere and frankly offensive.  I have a deep respect and love for many religions. I would not expect any religion:  from Judaism to Islam to a Christian sect to admit me if I wasn't sincere and committed to living their teachings. 

Even if she had been allowed to be baptized, she would have had to wait a YEAR to be eligible to enter a temple. To enter an LDS temple, she would have had to meet a very strict criteria of the faith. 

So you want to tell me she was whining on waiting a few extra months after Maddie's wedding but she would have HAPPILY waited over a YEAR to have an LDS temple wedding?!?

Uh, no, don't buy it. 

Tim Whatley may have converted to Judaism for the jokes, Mykelti Brown converts for a reality TV storyline. :kitty-shifty:

I live in Texas in an area that has a large population of people of Mexican descent, and Hispanic seems to be the common term here.  I only hear/see Latino occasionally.  So it might be a regional thing.

11 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

Her wanting to join the LDS church was as fake a storyline as possible. Joining a religion is not like joining a gym. She does not follow even basic Mormon standards from modesty to diet restrictions. Her wedding dress would be considered extremely inappropriate in Mormon culture. I find the whole thing completely insincere and frankly offensive.

Pretty much this. Like you really want me to believe that you were so disappointed about not being able to join the LDS church but you don't actually want to follow it's teachings? And sure she's not baptised so she's not obligated to but if it's what you believe it's what you believe regardless of your baptismal status. And I mean we seriously just went through this with Mady. Like why the surprise?

I'm a big consumer of these shows for the fluff factor but toekelty is even getting to be too much for me. Tony is quickly reaching a Derick Dillard level of on screen annoyance. Actually he might have passed it with the tampon comment. 

Dear sweet Christine. I am so sorry for your new son in law. 

Ok folks ...

Who all is joining me for another snark-watch party tonight?

My channel guide shows it starts at 7:00 central, although some of it could be a regurgitation of last week's drivel.

Sis Chickenetti 

@ChickenettiLuvr I'll be keeping an eye on the thread! :) Not so much watching. Although I'm half fascinated by "Seeking Sister Wife" which comes on after this mess! 

18 hours ago, LacyMay said:

NO, NO, NO, NO.

And "Latino" is not really a thing that makes a dozen countries the same. As a Latin American person I can tell you the only thing I have in common with many other Latin American countries is that we are Spanish speakers (and also, those are very different, I can barely understand a Dominican, for instance).

Also, "vintage" is not a culture. 

These people are so ignorant.

I wish we had TLC, I would be the host of the snark party and providing snacks. Alas I will read the commentary and then watch and provide my own. 

I might make my own drinking game of each time Tony says something obnoxious, Mr. May will be out of town and I could use the entertainment. Of course it will have to be small drinks to account for the frequency. 

Ugh. Tony is just disgusting. 

I don't know how ANYone can understand his words.

Thank Rufus for subtitles. I guess....

Well crap.

Tony the Turd just redeemed some points during the tender scene at the door of the bridal salon. 

... now ... turning to poor Christine and the voice lessons. Bless her heart.

*automatic shudders* at the song, though, thanks to JillBilly's granny and the saw ...:wtsf:

Ok folks.

Had to break down and take meds to keep the migraine monster at bay.

I may or may not have washed them down with a mojito wine cooler.

Somebody lock the thread and keep me away from the Weenie Wagon Man.

Sis Slightly Altered

8 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Okay @Carm_88. Are we ready to watch Seeking Sister Wife?

Interesting to see what this fustercluck will be ...

I am! :) *I'm going to start a topic on Quiverfull of REalty Tv. So we don't jack this mess*

And Maddie and Caleb are living in the cult-de-sac! 

I'm 10 minutes in and I'm already crying my eyes out of laughter. Whenever I feel awkward about my family, I watch an episode of SW and start loving my own folks more than ever before. :pb_lol:

Kody is hilarious. Does anyone remember KidFarm? The way he carried Ariella in the carrier reminded me of the mock Jim Bob in Kid farm so much I started crying of laughter. lol

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

And I applaud Kody: If he has any more kids he'll be 70 when they leave the house, and while he feels in good condition now, he doesn't know what will come and doesn't want one of his kids being lonely and longing for a parent. 

You know, the adults' relationship is SO messed up, it's a huge train wreck, but then they do or say something that is really sensible and shows that they truly love their kids. It's very sweet to watch and over the years I've really come to respect them. 

Truely and Solomon are a hoot. "I'm not really excited to be a flower girl, because....I kinda already did it." :pb_lol:

Why do the wives keep doing these little "singing / dancing acts"?! No wonder Janelle doesn't want to participate in it, and the costumes oh man ... 

Hey, if one thing is cool about it: Meri seems happier when they are "performing" in their little song/dance then she is in real life. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived