IGNORED

Sister Wives: 5 Threads, 5 Adults...Or Are There?

Been watching some of the new episodes while I clean the house.

Tony is gross. Poor Mykelti. I feel like in a few years Mykelti will mature and outgrow Tony. I feel bad that she's marrying him.

I sympathize with Christine. It's obvious that none of the Moms like Tony but Christine doesn't want a rift with her daughter and wants to be in her life. However if it was up to her, Tony would have been gone a long time ago.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19.1.2018 at 7:29 PM, BlondeIdol said:

Been watching some of the new episodes while I clean the house.

Tony is gross. Poor Mykelti. I feel like in a few years Mykelti will mature and outgrow Tony. I feel bad that she's marrying him.

I sympathize with Christine. It's obvious that none of the Moms like Tony but Christine doesn't want a rift with her daughter and wants to be in her life. However if it was up to her, Tony would have been gone a long time ago.

I think everyone in the family thinks Tony and Mykelti aren't a very good fit (or at least, a great long-term couple). They could surprise everyone, though, and what do we know who Tony is in real life. The show, however, makes him look like a really controlling egomaniac. 

I can only imagine what Christine must feel like, but I am sure she doesn't want to cause a rift between herself and her daughter. Christine knows her daughter well, and, I guess, she also knows that all she can do is support Mykelti, and be there for her, and catch her when things start falling apart. Being against their marriage could've caused Mykelti to rebel and I'm sure Christine tried to do her best to avoid that. So everyone did the only reasonable thing and supported Mykelti in her marriage plans. Who knows what will happen. In the end, we might be surprised to see Madison and Caleb fighting over custody for Axel, and Mykelti and Tony having 5 children and living happily ever after. 

I know Christine is probably Kody's least favorite wife, but she is so pretty and so sweet IMHO. She's very insecure, though, and I think she misses a real companion. It's so sad that she trapped herself in that mess of a marriage. She could've thrived in a monogamous relationship and in an environment that cherished her for her talents, and overlooked her shortcomings because of the love they feel for her. 

I hate speaking about anyone's weight, but Christine herself addressed it a couple of times throughout the seasons. I think she's lost quite a bit, which, I am sure, makes her seem happier and more confident than ever. 

On that note, I've been following Janelle irregularly on Instagram and she's made impressive progress. She really motivated me too, and it's just great to see that she's enjoying her journey so much. Unlike Christine, however, it seems that Janelle is thriving in the marriage. She and Kody get along best among all the adults and he appears to respect her the most of all wives. After all, there ARE people who appreciate this kind of relationship/arrangement.

On 1/18/2018 at 3:30 PM, Rachel333 said:

I like Christine; she's definitely my favorite of the five parents. Robyn has actually grown on me too, surprisingly.

Robyn impressed me with her reaction to Mariah coming out. She was incredibly supportive and, for once, acted very firm with Meri. She's not the brightest bulb in the bunch but her heart is in the right place. 

10 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I think everyone in the family thinks Tony and Mykelti aren't a very good fit (or at least, a great long-term couple). They could surprise everyone, though, and what do we know who Tony is in real life. The show, however, makes him look like a really controlling egomaniac. 

The more I watch it and the more I discuss it on here the more I'm wondering how much of what we see is Tony and how much is edited to make an entertaining character. 

I mean obviously the stuff he is saying he has actually said but we don't know much in terms of context etc. 

Christine tweeted something a few weeks ago about how as soon as Tony said the thing about taking a home equity he sort of realized that it was a dumb thing to say. 

I still don't think I would enjoy spending time with him, but maybe he's not as bad. 

Also do we know anything about what he does for a living??? I read somewhere that he was a "banker" but that's a little ambiguous, he must have some sort of income to have paid for his mission (unless his catholic family financially supported his mormon mission?) 

13 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Robyn impressed me with her reaction to Mariah coming out. She was incredibly supportive and, for once, acted very firm with Meri. She's not the brightest bulb in the bunch but her heart is in the right place. 

She impressed me too. Mariah said that Robyn was the first person she encountered to talk a lot about how it's okay to be gay and to have gay friends. If I remember correctly, Kody said that was an issue Robyn cared a lot about and talked about at the beginning of their relationship. That's a big deal coming from someone from such a strict religious background.

I was impressed by all the parents, actually. This is an issue close to me, as I'm gay and have parents who aren't accepting of gay people, so to see Mariah come out to her very religious family and have it go so well was really nice.

Everything I read agreed that the way they handled her coming out was very positive. Whatever other snark  aside, they seem to really put their kids first and it shows. 

I'm sorry your family isn't handling their own fears and predjudice well. No one deserves to not be accepted by anyone. Especially not because of their hair eye or skin color or who they love. When it's your own family, the people who should love you unconditionally, it's rediculous. 

@mstee He was once in love with Meri. He was never in love with Christine. 

You do not say this(video) about people you're in love with. I am sure Kody was in love with Meri, Janelle, and Robyn. I doubt he was ever very in love with Christine. 

ETA: Christine looks so hurt at the end. I have no idea what made her stay in that relationship. I can only guess that it was strict religious beliefs, a lack of a sense of self-worth, and love on her side (only). 

He basically says that he found her ugly but since they have children together and are married, that's all that counts. I'm afraid that is all due to their destructive beliefs. Love, attraction, intimacy and all that...not so important as long as you have many children and live plural marriaaaage. This is the toxic part of the Browns' lives and the reason they made it to FJ. They don't call it Cult-de-Sac for nothin'. 

But I agree with everyone else that there is little bad to say about the way they raise their children and how they're willing to go above and beyond for their family. 

4 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Christine is pretty and seems very nice, friendly, and caring. I don't understand why Kody is such a jerk to her.

I feel like she lets him walk all over her. Christine makes me saddest of all the wives. I feel like she was brought in to be a bridge for Meri and Janelle, that they would get along better with her that. I don't feel like Kody loves her. 

Okay folks.

Who's up for snark watching tonight? My channel guide shows it starts at 7:00 central, I think. (2 hours)

Sis Hungry & Going for Burgers 

5 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I was impressed by all the parents, actually. This is an issue close to me, as I'm gay and have parents who aren't accepting of gay people, so to see Mariah come out to her very religious family and have it go so well was really nice.

I'm sorry you don't have accepting family. As a mother, I could never turn my back on my daughter.  I might not necessarily approve of everything she does or does not do, but I am still her mother and she is still my daughter and that bond never, ever will be broken. It makes me really sad when people turn their backs on their children.

2 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Okay folks.

Who's up for snark watching tonight? My channel guide shows it starts at 7:00 central, I think. (2 hours)

Sis Hungry & Going for Burgers 

I'm watching! :) This and the train wreck that follows! :P 

I just re-watched last week's episode of Seeking Sister Wife.

(Which was waaay better than the ton of family freak show that preceded it.)

Holy cat screeches!!!! Christine needs a refund on those voice lessons, stat!

Some things just shouldn't be filmed. Along with quack family therapy sessions. Gah.

5 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Holy cat screeches!!!! Christine needs a refund on those voice lessons, stat!

Some things just shouldn't be filmed. Along with quack family therapy sessions. Gah.

I cannot imagine asking my mother to sing at my wedding. I felt bad enough about asking her to do a reading. I'd never ask her to do something so far outside her comfort zone. 

I literally thought that song she singing, for just a few notes, was that song from Insidious, "tip toe, through the tulips."  And for a moment was like, "mykelti is pulling one f-up prank on her mother :pb_lol:

I've heard Christine sing other songs on the shows -lullabies to the kids - and thought she sang nicely.

I think she's a little nervous, and hitting notes to high for her. If the song started maybe even just a key lower, she could probably nail it.

I'm hoping to watch, just depends on the fam ;)  if anything, I'll share my thoughts tomorrow!

Dang! How much coin did Kody drop on those two Invicta watches???

No buy used and save the difference in this cult-de-sac. Oy.

The mothers dance thing is ridiculous. Why do they always make such a spectacle of themselves?

Christine ain't going back to Utah y'all!

Kody's hair is worse than ever, it really brings the BEC out of me. 

Having re-watched last week's episode and now partway through tonight's...

Where is Robbyn's son? He def wasn't at Garrison's party.

And Meri missed Garrison's moment too because she was pouting ... errr...working at her own house. 

yes, the lip syncing is ridiculous and embarrassing to watch .

My mind cannot comprehend that they share the same husband. 

Just cannot think of that. 

I guess I'm weird. I thought it was funny. I also think Christine is favorite wife right now. She is also my fav so maybe I'm projecting. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived