IGNORED

Maxwell 8: Not Riveting Our Attention

FundieFarmer

20 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm on tenterhooks.  The dinner roll recipe has got to be better than the bean burrito recipe.

Not necessarily.  

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I've had a theory for quite some time that gluttony is one of the few sins they allow and I think some do actually latch onto it.

It's obviously going to be different for every family, but I think that we see more fundie men who are happy to overeat while the fundie women seem more concerned about keeping slim, and in neither case do I see a lot of concern for truly healthy eating.  The kids get whatever is available.

15 minutes ago, Flossie said:

It's obviously going to be different for every family, but I think that we see more fundie men who are happy to overeat while the fundie women seem more concerned about keeping slim, and in neither case do I see a lot of concern for truly healthy eating.  The kids get whatever is available.

Fundies are sexist as hell so they think women should look good and that means watching your weight. They don't necessarily eat healthy. They just try not to gain weight. 

It just amazes me that fundies latch onto things they pick from the Bible like gay marriage and flip their minds over it. And really it's not even all that clear. Yet it's pretty clear that gluttony is a sin and god gave you this body, so you should probably respect it and keep it healthy. Yet they want to spend all their energy protesting a target because of an inclusive bathroom policy. 

Come the fuck on :2wankers:

Maybe by hurling said rolls, one can cause death...

Why? Are they Chinese fighting weapons? Or should I say Maxhell fighting weapons?

I'll see myself out ...

2 hours ago, purjolok84 said:

Why? Are they Chinese fighting weapons? Or should I say Maxhell fighting weapons?

I'll see myself out ...

Your avatar delights me #teamlouise

Would you please tell me/us what is dough enhancer? I’ve never heard of it before. Thanks!

If you do a Google search for “What is a bread dough enhancer?” you will find a good explanation. Then you can also Google just for dough enhancer to find places that sell it. The brand we use is: Augason Farms. The slogan on the can is, “Makes Better Bread!”

^^WHY is this family so snotty?!? Would it really have been so hard to type out a brief explanation to answer the question?!?

They expect their followers to read their blog, buy their books, take their courses and attend their conferences but they cannot be courteous enough to answer a question from a reader?!?  

Their terse replies have always bothered me but for some reason this just really got me riled up. They are so rude and pompous. Each Maxwell suffers from a severe superiority complex. 

I mean, what else do they have to do all day that they can't compose thoughtful and detailed replies?   These people are nuts. 

7 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

^^WHY is this family so snotty?!? Would it really have been so hard to type out a brief explanation to answer the question?!?

They expect their followers to read their blog, buy their books, take their courses and attend their conferences but they cannot be courteous enough to answer a question from a reader?!?  

Their terse replies have always bothered me but for some reason this just really got me riled up. They are so rude and pompous. Each Maxwell suffers from a severe superiority complex. 

I mean, what else do they have to do all day that they can't compose thoughtful and detailed replies?   These people are nuts. 

You don't even need to compose!  Just copy/paste and credit your source if you know of a website with a good explanation!  

20 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

You don't even need to compose!  Just copy/paste and credit your source if you know of a website with a good explanation!  

It's a passive aggressive way to screw people who didn't fall for the IT OnRamp scam.  Oh, you don't have Google fu?  Guess you didn't sign up for IT OnRamp when you had the chance! 

On 4/13/2017 at 1:56 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Not necessarily.  

Actually it does look better than the tasteless, spiceless, bean burrito recipe.  Not that I will make them because:

1. I can't imagine needing 38 dinner rolls in the foreseeable future, 
  2. I think Ina Garten's recipe is better, 
  3. There are plenty of other Parker House roll recipes on the internet that do not need dough "enhancer," and
  4. They look like buttocks.  Or vulva.
3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Yep.  And I don't think they even know they are being rude.

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Fundies are sexist as hell so they think women should look good and that means watching your weight. They don't necessarily eat healthy. They just try not to gain weight

The Maxwells are very "health conscious" compared to many Fundies.  Per Steve, thin is good. Animal crackers, anyone?

The Maxwells do binge on sweeties but they also weep, wail, and fast regularly to keep their weight down.  It really isn't healthy in the long run.

Steve definitely comes across as passive aggressive in his posts. I emailed and asked if the women have a "personal conviction" against wearing makeup. I assumed, wrongly, Sarah or Teri would be the one to respond. Steve's response was less than cordial and certainly had an undercurrent of passive aggression. "Why? Do YOU think they need makeup?"

And since we all know he reads here, everyone say Hi, Steve!!

8 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Actually it does look better than the tasteless, spiceless, bean burrito recipe.  Not that I will make them because:

1. I can't imagine needing 38 dinner rolls in the foreseeable future, 
  2. I think Ina Garten's recipe is better, 
  3. There are plenty of other Parker House roll recipes on the internet that do not need dough "enhancer," and
  4. They look like buttocks.  Or vulva.

I could not love you more...for all four of these reasons!

On 4/10/2017 at 0:05 PM, HereticHick said:

I saved the flyer as a JPEG since the URL doesn't open automatically.

Maxwells.JPG

Apparently the Bontragers are still very insecure about where they will go when they die to create such ties with the death cult of Maxwell.

I also have to say their 'work' parties suck.

Tomorrow, there are about 20 of us going to my BFF's new house to do clean up. She bought the house - yes, she, with a mortgage (the devil is coming any day now) - in December. She is the manager of a nursery - for plants, not kids - and is pretty damn handy. She needs manpower to tear shit out and clean up the mess of 30 year old landscaping. We've been planning for weeks and have a schedule and plans and know who is good at what and will make a hell of a dent in the work that needs to be done before the nursery folks show up to plant her new ...everything. We're tearing out & tearing up everything. She is going to start from scratch. 

We, her friends, are doing all that work. Because she asked some, the rest grew pretty much organically out of love and conversation.

And, afterwards, we are sharing wine & beer and cooking burgers & brats on the grill and we're all bringing things like potato/pasta salad, baked beans, etc....

We are having a yard party, unlike the Maxwells. We are having fun, unlike the Maxwells. 

We have a plan, based on desire, skill, interest, ability & love. We have a crew who has talked for weeks about how we are going to accomplish all that needs to be done. 

And while I am sure social media will see a picture here and there of the day/night, there is no reason to toot our horns and/or sell ourselves or even make a blog post (none has a blog as far as I know). It's all for a friend, and out of friendship. 

No god told us to do it and we aren't doing it for any god. We are doing it for her, and for ourselves.

We're all damn selfish bitches/assholes. And that makes life grand.

@Palimpsest,  I've never read Ina's recipe and I'll have to check it out, but I've made James Beard's recipe for Parker House Rolls from Beard on Bread for almost 40 years.  No dough enhancer needed!  The shape of the Maxwell's rolls?  I would have described them as somewhere between cloverleaf and butter flake, but I think your description of them as buttocks or vulva is way better.

5 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

The shape of the Maxwell's rolls?  I would have described them as somewhere between cloverleaf and butter flake, but I think your description of them as buttocks or vulva is way better.

Now there is no way I could ever make or consume said baked goods...

On 4/13/2017 at 9:50 AM, Granwych said:

Maybe by hurling said rolls, one can cause death...

Do you know where you are going if you die by throwed roll? The Lambert's Restaurant (home of the throwed roll) family needs to let us know if it's different than what the Maxwell family says it is. 

Quoting @Palimpsest

"They look like buttocks.  Or vulva."

Butts. I definitely thought "butts" when I saw the photo.

How darest they thus assault all those virgin eyes 'round the sparsely laden dinner table? And carbs, to boot!!!

7 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

The shape of the Maxwell's rolls?  I would have described them as somewhere between cloverleaf and butter flake, but I think your description of them as buttocks or vulva is way better.

When I saw the photo of the unbaked rolls, my first thought was, "they look like butts." I didn't say anything here at the time because I thought maybe I was being a bit immature. But now I feel better knowing I'm not the only one.

19 hours ago, Howl said:

It's a passive aggressive way to screw people who didn't fall for the IT OnRamp scam.  Oh, you don't have Google fu?  Guess you didn't sign up for IT OnRamp when you had the chance! 

I wouldn't be surprised if Steve (HI STEVE) didn't take that as advice to make the next response to a question look something like this:

"Google is a great tool to use for finding out information, so long as you use proper blocking software to ensure unGodly results do not get displayed. We went over this, and many other useful tips, during our 1 Ton Ramp webinars. Unfortunately we are no longer offering these courses, but we have seen the need and the interest to bring them back, and we are praying over the idea."

2 hours ago, catlady said:

I didn't say anything here at the time because I thought maybe I was being a bit immature.

I'm really 12! :)

I need to do some adulting today though.  Sigh.

First thing that came to my mind were balls, and I mean no tennis balls here :pearlclutching:

21 hours ago, usmcmom said:

haha, my favorite is the comment where the maxwell just replied "Yes." 

Wow, are they that curt in real life? if you went to a conference and asked them something about their books, would they answer "yes"?

I googled "what is a bread enhancer" but I didn't find any actual explanation. I'm going to assume a marketing firm made it up to sell an unnecessary product. 

Why are they so rude?

I googled it too; I did see a couple things that indicate it's gluten and a bunch of other things. Apparently the additional gluten makes bread light and fluffy. 

Well, since Sarah doesn't know where old mulch goes, Steve probably never encouraged any of his family to understand dough enhancer.  

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I googled "what is a bread enhancer" but I didn't find any actual explanation. I'm going to assume a marketing firm made it up to sell an unnecessary product. 

Why are they so rude?

Because they are assholes that's why.

On 4/14/2017 at 4:11 PM, LogansMama said:

Steve's response was less than cordial and certainly had an undercurrent of passive aggression. "Why? Do YOU think they need makeup?"

Which really did not answer your question, did it?  Steve is an ass.

So (as I agree that Steve reads here) Steve  would YOU allow your female spawn to wear make-up if they chose to do so, and whether YOU think they need it or not?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived