IGNORED

Maxwell 8: Not Riveting Our Attention

FundieFarmer

On 4/16/2017 at 11:08 AM, lauraloralara said:

Couldn't she have just said "8 3/4 leveled cups flour"? Or "spooned and leveled"? And again with the passive voice. Oh Maxwells.

Yeah, it's written as if it's surprising that you would level off flour in a baking recipe (the how-to made me chuckle a bit). 

20 hours ago, Jingerale said:

Also, the most consistent is to use a scale and weigh in grams. White and wheat flour don't have the same density, if you use a dry measuring cup and scoop and level each flour and then weigh each one, the wheat flour will actually weigh more.

So true! My baked goods improved so much once I bought a little digital kitchen scale for only about $10, and started only using recipes that specify what type of flour is being used. 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, freejugar said:

are? from a published author?

You mean self-published. No way those books went to a legit editor. 

Oh. That. Child. Is. SMART!

Please oh please let her parents actually educate her!

(I'm optimistic -- they didn't have her in a &!#% headband!!!!)

52 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

I think it's Dave Ramsey. 

It is.  Shocked they would read a debt free book from someone besides Coward Steve.

Latest on their friend buying a home debt frer-and if course he did so because he's engaged. Whoever Mark is, his fiance Breanna is a Morton friend because Martha beat the Maxwells to the punch and had an engagement pic up on IG yesterday. And yet again, the small fundie world is apparent. Maxwell & Morton elbows have rubbed.

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Latest on their friend buying a home debt frer-and if course he did so because he's engaged. Whoever Mark is, his fiance Breanna is a Morton friend because Martha beat the Maxwells to the punch and had an engagement pic up on IG yesterday. And yet again, the small fundie world is apparent. Maxwell & Morton elbows have rubbed.

I still say Mark is really Smug Joe. Picture be damned.

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Breanna Alexander is the sister-in-law of Martha Morton Alexander, she's engaged to Mark Barry.

37 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Breanna Alexander is the sister-in-law of Martha Morton Alexander, she's engaged to Mark Barry.

And the fundie world continues to shrink. 

Quick - Steve has accidentally left the comments open on his latest post.

CHARGE!!!

10 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Oh. That. Child. Is. SMART!

Please oh please let her parents actually educate her!

(I'm optimistic -- they didn't have her in a &!#% headband!!!!)

Calia actually seems pretty spunky by Maxwell standards. She's super cute, and I, too, am happy that she's finally headband-free! I feel badly for her, though, because any spunk or sass is bound to be sucked out of her by age five. 

15 hours ago, Bethella said:

They're being discussed on the Unmarried Fundies thread. Her courtship story on the Alexanders' blog is so gag-worthy. 

Wow, I tried to get to the blog.titus2.com/corners/ page through a link in the menu to All Articles, and the result is a 404 Page Not Found error.  Uhhh, great job of website development there! :P

On 4/18/2017 at 7:59 PM, fundiefan said:

And the fundie world continues to shrink. 

All you have to do is look at the facebooks of fundies. They all know each other. I'm not surprised by it anymore. 

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

All you have to do is look at the facebooks of fundies. They all know each other. I'm not surprised by it anymore. 

This and the huge decline in ATI/IBLP members, as well as the Maxwells' non-existent conference dates. I imagine that most of the people that can be roped into fundamentalism have been already and have decided not to continue.

21 hours ago, spork78 said:

Calia actually seems pretty spunky by Maxwell standards. She's super cute, and I, too, am happy that she's finally headband-free! I feel badly for her, though, because any spunk or sass is bound to be sucked out of her by age five. 

You mean beaten out of her, right?

I'm so glad Calia doesn't have a sibling yet. She's probably still being raised in a totally shitty way, but at least she doesn't have to fight with another baby and morning sickness for Mom's attention. 

The Maxwell's Easter post is up on the blog. sarah refers to her family as "godly." To me that comes off a bit...arrogant? smug? holier-than-thou? What IS with these people and their self-congratulations. Goodness. 

"I wonder how many of you enjoyed those Sunday?!"  --Sarah on the Easter blog

and we have another of Terri's homeschool fails.  i had to read this sentence twice to understand what she means.  here's a correction:  "I wonder how many of you enjoyed these rolls on Sunday?"  

23 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

The Maxwell's Easter post is up on the blog. sarah refers to her family as "godly." To me that comes off a bit...arrogant? smug? holier-than-thou? What IS with these people and their self-congratulations. Goodness. 

It's so common it has a name - Gospel Pride.  It's part of the I'm saved are you club. 

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

The Maxwell's Easter post is up on the blog. sarah refers to her family as "godly." To me that comes off a bit...arrogant? smug? holier-than-thou? 

Maybe the word you're looking for is "haughty"? As in "pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall". That is the word I usually associate with the Maxwell clan. 

* Proverbs 16:18 from the KJV. Because everyone knows the only real Bible is the KJV. Like, duh. 

Ugh!  Calia is having to wear the giant flower headband again! 

Hopefully it was just for Easter.

It was nice to see GiGi in some of the dinner pictures.

Yeah, they had Mary's butt rolls again. 

I'm a lazy cook, so we just had crescent rolls from Pillsberry.

I have found the maxwell family interesting on FJ for a while but don't know huge amounts about them as not looked through all their old blog posts. I was under the impression that they followed steves rules more than gothards rules even though I knew they associated with some ATI people though, like attending duggar weddings.

I was surprised to see how many times they were speaking at the big sandy conference coming up when I was looking through the programme. David Waller shared the programme on twitter and Steve and Terri the presenting quite a few sessions. Have they been this involved before and I just missed it or is it a newer thing for them to speak at big sandy? https://issuu.com/iblp/docs/big_sandy_schedule_web/1?ff=true&e=6576605/47203392

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived