IGNORED

Maxwell 8: Not Riveting Our Attention

FundieFarmer

12 hours ago, catlady said:

When I saw the photo of the unbaked rolls, my first thought was, "they look like butts." I didn't say anything here at the time because I thought maybe I was being a bit immature. But now I feel better knowing I'm not the only one.

In this post "Hey Stranger" video world that we live in, they are indeed butts

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

First thing that came to my mind were balls, and I mean no tennis balls here :pearlclutching:

Indeed. I want to make myself a knitting bag with the words "Ball Sack" on it.

Please forgive me if I mentioned this bright idea before.  Senior moments happen with frightening regularity lately.

5 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Why are they so rude?

Guess they didn't read "Making Good Conversationalists" or whatever their drivel is.

23 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Indeed. I want to make myself a knitting bag with the words "Ball Sack" on it.

our dog has a mesh bag of tennis balls that we throw around the yard for him to chase.  we call it his Ball Sack.  (we figure it's only fair since he's neutered.)

2 minutes ago, catlady said:

our dog has a mesh bag of tennis balls that we throw around the yard for him to chase.  we call it his Ball Sack.  (we figure it's only fair since he's neutered.)

You know you can always get him those fake testicular implants called "Neuticals."   When Caitlyn Jenner was Bruce Jenner, his dog got the silicone nuts after being neutered.

Amazing how people will spend money on foolishness.

6 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I googled "what is a bread enhancer" but I didn't find any actual explanation. I'm going to assume a marketing firm made it up to sell an unnecessary product. 

Why are they so rude?

Does anyone else think that Steve answers all the comments? I don't think he would take the risk to have the women see the uncensored ones. (He also reads all their mail and emails before they open them).

He then he has no freaking clue how to answer any of the comments because he hasn't set foot in a kitchen for like, 4 decades, so he answers the equivalent of "Google it, b*tch". Or he yells out from the office "Anna, do you cover the rolls with dish cloth?", and she yells back "yes daddy" so he types "Yes." 

22 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Does anyone else think that Steve answers all the comments? I don't think he would take the risk to have the women see the uncensored ones. (He also reads all their mail and emails before they open them).

He then he has no freaking clue how to answer any of the comments because he hasn't set foot in a kitchen for like, 4 decades, so he answers the equivalent of "Google it, b*tch". Or he yells out from the office "Anna, do you cover the rolls with dish cloth?", and she yells back "yes daddy" so he types "Yes." 

I laughed so hard reading your comment. I think you have nailed the reason to their bluntness.

King Arthur Flour has a whole section of dough enhancers in their online catalogue.  One listed for whole grain flours contains vital wheat gluten, low fat soy flour, inactive yeast, and ascorbic acid.  They do make a dough enhancer that is for doughs you will roll out, but the Maxwells would not need that one since the don't roll out this dough.

King Arthur's baking enhancers

On 15/04/2017 at 2:51 AM, usmcmom said:

^^WHY is this family so snotty?!? Would it really have been so hard to type out a brief explanation to answer the question?!?

They expect their followers to read their blog, buy their books, take their courses and attend their conferences but they cannot be courteous enough to answer a question from a reader?!?  

Their terse replies have always bothered me but for some reason this just really got me riled up. They are so rude and pompous. Each Maxwell suffers from a severe superiority complex. 

I mean, what else do they have to do all day that they can't compose thoughtful and detailed replies?   These people are nuts. 

Wow, that's only slightly less mean than linking someone to lmgtfy!

12 hours ago, Granwych said:

You know you can always get him those fake testicular implants called "Neuticals."   When Caitlyn Jenner was Bruce Jenner, his dog got the silicone nuts after being neutered.

Amazing how people will spend money on foolishness.

The inventor says that dogs need them, psychologically, but of course the inventor would say that to sell his product.

I can't speak for the psychology of dogs, but I've been managing alright with only one (well, it's sometimes weird but I don't usually think about it.  The scar and occasional pains are more of a nuisance, though not so psychologically weird). Though unlike a dog, I would know that a fake is a fake, and there's a vast difference between one and zero, so... *shrug*

New post up about Jesus's resurrection, I will never understand how they can post a photo and say "The Maxwell Family" without three sons and daughter in-laws and kids in the photos. Getting married does not make you extended family! My parents would never post a family photo somewhere stating the "whoever family" it would be more along the lines of "name 1, 2, etc..." unless we all were in it, in-laws and all. (They have a life and don't blog about daily shit either)

:bangheaddesk: I don't get these people. 

Me at the Maxwell's EasterResurrection Sunday dinner:  screw the rolls, just sit me next to John. Preferably at a table for two. In another state. Some major yum there!

11 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

New post up about Jesus's resurrection, I will never understand how they can post a photo and say "The Maxwell Family" without three sons and daughter in-laws and kids in the photos. Getting married does not make you extended family! My parents would never post a family photo somewhere stating the "whoever family" it would be more along the lines of "name 1, 2, etc..." unless we all were in it, in-laws and all. (They have a life and don't blog about daily shit either)

:bangheaddesk: I don't get these people. 

Most of us sensible people gave up long ago.  There really is nothing interesting to read regarding anything Maxwell, especially since they hold anything interesting close to the vest until the interesting thing isn't interesting anymore.

Hope I made some sense here!

2 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Wow, that's onttly less mean than sing some one to lmgtfy!

Thone inventor says that dogs need them, psychologically, but of course the inventor would say that to sell his product.

I can't speak for the psychology of dogs, but I've been managing alright with only one (well, it's sometimes weird but I don't usually think about it.  The scar and occasional pains are more of a nuisance, though not so psychologically weird). Though unlike a dog, I would know that a fake is a fake, and there's a vast difference between one and zero, so... *shrug*

Could be.  When my mom got her dog from the Humane Society he had a habit on humping her cats. Even a trip to the vet couldnt cure the humping.

14 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Thing is, though, some of the replies are more heartfelt than the others. I think it's partially Steve who responds to the comments and partially Sarah. You can easily tell the difference.

54 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

Me at the Maxwell's EasterResurrection Sunday dinner:  screw the rolls, just sit me next to John. Preferably at a table for two. In another state. Some major yum there!

He is incredibly attractive but that Wide manly stance really annoys the shit out of me. It just looks like he shit his pants and can't change them yet.

I corrected their grammar on the post ages ago and Teri sent me a very nice thank you email, so she has some view of the comment section.

This said I've recently been busted - I forgot to invent a nice wholesome-sounding alias and signed with the same moniker I use here. Comment not published and grammar (so far) not corrected.

And yet more proof that they do read here. Hi Steve!

I'm not sure they realise it just makes their homefoolin' look bad when Sarah fails to spell things correctly. Not blaming her - without a proper teacher and without being allowed to read books I wouldn't be doing any better than her I'm sure, and probably worse. Ah well, not my problem, I'm already paying that bunch of crazies a lot more attention than they deserve. 

Also re: the rolls recipe, this sentence: "8 3/4 cups flour – white or wheat or a mixture (This is measured by scooping the flour into the measuring cup and leveling it off with a knife. I’ve found that the most consistent.)" 

Couldn't she have just said "8 3/4 leveled cups flour"? Or "spooned and leveled"? And again with the passive voice. Oh Maxwells.

Just saw their latest post.  What is up with Sarah's giant skirt?  She looks like she's shrinking, or aging backwards or something.  I know she's petite, but she looks like she's being swallowed up!

7 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Could be.  When my mom got her dog from the Humane Society he had a habit on humping her cats. Even a trip to the vet couldnt cure the humping.

FWIW, I've been told by any number of vets and dog breeders that humping by neutered pets is a dominance behavior, not a vestige of reproductive drive.  

If it bothers you, I've found that it works to consistently say sharply, "YOU'RE not the boss, I'm the boss!" and nudge the would-be tyrant off his/her intended subordinate.  Again, just FWIW. 

I have a neutered blind/diabetic/immune bizarre cat that has been humping all my other cats his whole life.  My other cats just lay there.  Nothing like waking to him going mmerrrr, mmerrr, mmmerrrrr as he gets it on.  We like to joke that the reason he went blind was he couldn't come to completion.

As for the Maxwells, suck eggs.  Easter eggs.

On 4/14/2017 at 4:09 PM, Palimpsest said:

They look like buttocks.  

I thought that too.  I also thought that Mary was just practicing her outstanding artistic skills by creating edible portraits of her parents (all she needed was to leave a little hole in the middle).

1 hour ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I thought that too.  I also thought that Mary was just practicing her outstanding artistic skills by creating edible portraits of her parents (all she needed was to leave a little hole in the middle).

Or place a single raisin in the middle.  Only one raisin though as anymore would be gluttonous.

8 hours ago, lauraloralara said:

Also re: the rolls recipe, this sentence: "8 3/4 cups flour – white or wheat or a mixture (This is measured by scooping the flour into the measuring cup and leveling it off with a knife. I’ve found that the most consistent.)" 

Couldn't she have just said "8 3/4 leveled cups flour"? Or "spooned and leveled"? And again with the passive voice. Oh Maxwells.

Also, the most consistent is to use a scale and weigh in grams. White and wheat flour don't have the same density, if you use a dry measuring cup and scoop and level each flour and then weigh each one, the wheat flour will actually weigh more.

Also, the most consistent is to use a scale and weigh in grams. White and wheat flour don't have the same density, if you use a dry measuring cup and scoop and level each flour and then weigh each one, the wheat flour will actually weigh more.

For me direction like that is irritating. Just white flour? Just wheat? Okay. But a mix? How much of each? Baking is a science - the rolls will turn out different depending on the amounts of flour involved. Don't be vague with directions, Maxwells, especially when selling the blog.

Oh and being terse with your answers to others won't help either, Steve.

And if someone needs help with something, act like the Christian you claim to be and help them. Don't just assume that someone hasn't already looked up Google for the answer to dough enhancer (which I'm guessing is for making the dough nice, fluffy and easy to rise).

And as always, hi Steve!

New video of Calia "reading". Apparently Calia is very active and loves to talk. Not watched it as am a little wary of watching any kind of Maxwell video.

And don't ya just love the scripture verse Sarah chose for Calia's video?

Children are the glory of the father.

Sorry Mom, you just do 99% of the work, but no glory for you.

I will say it's nice to see Calia without those big flower headbands.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived