IGNORED

Maxwell 8: Not Riveting Our Attention

FundieFarmer

9 hours ago, kpmom said:

New post up. 

Sarah flew to Texas to visit friends.

Does anyone recognize the friends?

Yes, these ladies own a "head wrap" company, which was originally marketed as head coverings. The company is called "Garlands of Grace" and they are all sisters. Very popular in the SAHD/fundie world.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I can't either :) 

Whats the joke? 

In PeeWee's Big Adventure PeeWee's bike is stolen.  He goes to a scam fortunw teller who tells him it's in the basement of the Alamo even though the basement doesnt exist hence mt comment above about the bike.  Everytime the Alamo is mentioned I think of PeeWee Herman.

38 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

Yes, these ladies own a "head wrap" company, which was originally marketed as head coverings. The company is called "Garlands of Grace" and they are all sisters. Very popular in the SAHD/fundie world.

I took a look and they are beautiful. I was tempted to buy one but then I saw a "defund planned parenthood" post and I was like, nope. They won't be getting any of my money. Guess I'll have to look for a different seller. 

1 hour ago, meowfundiecatz said:

Oh, thank you - I knew I recognized them from somewhere, I just couldn't figure out where! 

Kind of odd that Sarah's hanging out with them, actually. I thought headcovering vs. not headcovering was kind of a contentious issue within the fundie spectrum, and I would've thought Steve would've been super strict on not letting his kids associate with anyone who deviated from Maxwellian dogma.

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Oh, thank you - I knew I recognized them from somewhere, I just couldn't figure out where! 

Kind of odd that Sarah's hanging out with them, actually. I thought headcovering vs. not headcovering was kind of a contentious issue within the fundie spectrum, and I would've thought Steve would've been super strict on not letting his kids associate with anyone who deviated from Maxwellian dogma.

I looked at their blog/instagram and Sarah was pictured wearing a head band type covering twice. So Steve must be ok with it.

"Freedom costs a buck o fiiiiiiiiiiiive" hey Sarah?

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I took a look and they are beautiful. I was tempted to buy one but then I saw a "defund planned parenthood" post and I was like, nope. They won't be getting any of my money. Guess I'll have to look for a different seller. 

A seller of Christian modest head coverings who doesn't want to defund Planned Parenthood? Good luck!

16 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Sarah looks genuinely happy to be out with her friends. Much, much, much happier than she was when she was out with Teri, Anna and Mary.

I'm glad Sarah got to go visit friends (though I doubt she was alone - probably a brother came with) but it just shows even more how miserable she is in Maxhell. 

That was pretty much what everyone said w/ last year's pics when she also went to visit friends around this time of year!

Shockingly, at least last year she did really travel alone. Joseph & Elissa were traveling around the same time to visit E's family and they also flew Southwest (which Sarah had also per her pics) but either Steve or Sarah specified she was alone and it was different days/destinations in the comments.

https://blog.titus2.com/2016/02/15/a-belated-valentine-post/

How nice that you could all travel! Was it the same flight? That would be nice, I always prefer to travel with someone else.

We were not on the same flight!

(Worth looking at her trip pics from last year for anyone who didn't see them - b/c her real smiles are so lovely to see!)

https://blog.titus2.com/2016/02/13/sarah-takes-a-trip/

https://blog.titus2.com/2016/02/16/almost-home/

https://blog.titus2.com/2016/02/17/the-sun-is-always-shining/

7 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

A seller of Christian modest head coverings who doesn't want to defund Planned Parenthood? Good luck!

Oh I doubt it's that hard. Normal people would just call them headbands.

Ah, knew there had to be a known connection. I've heard of the garlands of grace girls. They make the fundie rounds.

Again, the thing being discussed in the Morton thread - somehow, they are 'all' connected. 

Are they where Sarah gets her god awful hair bows from? 

14 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

What would you do?
If you were asked to give up your dreams for freedom?
What would you do?
If asked to make the ultimate sacrifice?

Would you think about all them people?
Who gave up everything they had?
Would you think about all them war vets?
And would you start to feel bad?

... sorry, couldn't help myself.  I'm a huge Trey Parker/Matt Stone fan.  

On 4/7/2017 at 5:35 PM, SPHASH said:

"Mark" is Smug Joseph.  https://blog.titus2.com/2012/06/09/the-answer-2/

Sarah went to the Alamo, a CATHOLIC place! Did she find PeeWee's bike?

Nice sleuthing. I forgot what had been said in part 1 so I checked it again, they've changed some details e.g. Mark being the second son and beginning his courtship in October, so I couldn't really tell it was him.

Kansas property tends to be fairly cheap and the Maxboys tend to buy small houses they can fix up so they spend even less money.

20 hours ago, singsingsing said:

In my circles it is not a point of contention, more to each their own. I haven't looked at the GoG stuff in a long time, but I remember them being headbands more than what I'd consider a head covering. 

Yeah!! Sarah got some time away. And she's alone with other weird fundies. Guess Mary agreed to watch the dog for her. Wait...do her friends have brothers??

On 4/6/2017 at 4:33 PM, socalrules said:

The whole everyone should buy a house debt free just drives me crazy. Unless you live in bumfuck fundyland, it is nearly impossible to be a house debt free unless you are selling another house with lots of equity, have been saving for decades or won the lottery.

:clap: Yes! The buying a house debt free stuff drives me crazy, too! So many of these bloggers act like it's simple, while also typically living in comparatively inexpensive areas of the country. Sure, being disciplined about spending habits and other debt is helpful when saving for a house (but it's not like fundies invented that idea!). But living in a place where the cost of a modest fixer-upper barely cracks 6 figures, having lots of family members to do free renovations (Duggars!), and never acquiring typical costs/debts like many would from living on your own or attending college... yeah, it's hardly a shocker when someone from that background can manage to sock away $$$ by their mid-late 20s.

I'm far more impressed by people who lead regular lives while also living within their means, only taking on debts like cars or a house after planning for it (I guess planning children falls under this, too), and having a bit of financially responsible fun once in a while!

Were we not wondering about GiGi at some point during this thread (worked today so am too lazy to check - no fundy dusting done here!) and SURPRISE! Work party at GiGi's house.  Of course, you don't actually see a picture of GiGi in the house...

Oh, Rufus bless, Sarah knows the mulch vanishes but she doesn't know where it goes!  Wonderful homeschooling there. 

Said in Michelle Duggar's best perpendicular voice - decomposition. 

48 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Oh, Rufus bless, Sarah knows the mulch vanishes but she doesn't know where it goes!  Wonderful homeschooling there. 

Said in Michelle Duggar's best perpendicular voice - decomposition. 

Haha oh Maxwells. I'm sure there "science" work wasn't very comprehensive since Teri and Steve love that their kids are ignorant and let's not forget she doesn't read, she only writes so she'll never know the answer. 

Bringing an insect-sized wet blanket with disclaimers: I love Pee Wee w all my heart and that's equally as much as I love Matt and Trey, and the clip is great. But I have to give PSarah props for recognizing the spirit of the Alamo -- unlike the DW Cinematographer Family who just use it as a backdrop for their smugly grinning group photo.  

Now, adding a Nerd Hat to the blanket ensemble: men are required to bare their heads while inside the Alamo, so the scene with the happy tour guide and the smiling yokel tourists is DW Cinematographer quality. PSarah did it right!

Oh, and Doug Phillips is a Tool and worse. 

2 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

In my circles it is not a point of contention, more to each their own. I haven't looked at the GoG stuff in a long time, but I remember them being headbands more than what I'd consider a head covering. 

And expensive headbands at that! $22 for something I could get at Claire's for $4 at the most. Do Muslim women have this problem, with people trying to sell them overpriced hijabs?

Mulch party thoughts...

Tina looks like she's wearing a pair of boys' underpants on her head.

Why are those little girls so dressed up? Yeah, I know they are long-skirts-only, but who puts lacy, pastel-colored skirts on little girls who are working in the dirt? Seems more like an occasion for old denim frumpers.

Where's Joshua? He's been MIA a lot lately. I hope the kid isn't sick or injured.

3 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Mulch party thoughts...

Tina looks like she's wearing a pair of boys' underpants on her head.

Why are those little girls so dressed up? Yeah, I know they are long-skirts-only, but who puts lacy, pastel-colored skirts on little girls who are working in the dirt? Seems more like an occasion for old denim frumpers.

Where's Joshua? He's been MIA a lot lately. I hope the kid isn't sick or injured.

He did not use a sufficient amount of circumlocution and reliance on the Lord when asking Steve when the pizza they ordered for dinner would be arriving. Twelve years dungeon.

Hope that pizza was thick crust. Not a lot for the number of people in the work party. (But then we Junebugs are big eaters. Steve & Teri have their loved ones' conditioned to smoothies & beans. All good.)

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

And expensive headbands at that! $22 for something I could get at Claire's for $4 at the most. Do Muslim women have this problem, with people trying to sell them overpriced hijabs?

Yes, very expensive.  I like their leg warmers, but $34 is about triple what I'm willing to pay.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived