IGNORED

Maxwell 8: Not Riveting Our Attention

FundieFarmer

I wonder if there's any chance the maxwell sibs at home will get to go to the conference too? And whether they'll acknowledge the conference on their blog? I just *love* fundie family crossover opportunities. It's like watching the avengers. 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

Does anyone know how old Anna-Marie is?  If it was already said sorry to ask the question again. 

She just turned 31 on the 19th. She had four children in 5 years and she's got at least 10 years of fertility ahead of her. She's definitely going to get in to double digits at this rate. 

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

I wonder if there's any chance the maxwell sibs at home will get to go to the conference too? And whether they'll acknowledge the conference on their blog? I just *love* fundie family crossover opportunities. It's like watching the avengers. 

Very good question. Steve used to have the kids do all the set up work, so I imagine one or two might go with.

Hedoesn't really like to give other people publicity on his blog unless he's getting something directly from them. I doubt he's getting paid by IBLP, but more publicity for them means more sales for him. So, I think it's a toss up if he will actually mention them. 

I think Ruthie and Lydia always look so cute. I am not a fan of the long jumpers and all the layers forced upon them but you can tell Anna Marie takes care to always fix their hair and make sure their dresses are clean, pressed, etc. Compare them to Zsu's children who always look like it's been days since their mother has bothered to comb their hair or wash their faces.

I think Anna Marie always looks pretty too - again despite the baggy clothing. Her hair is always so neat and smooth.  She just has an effortless beauty about her, in my opinion.  

Daniel looks like he is a tiny little guy. It seems like Joshua had a fairly slight build as a baby too. 

Anna Marie reminds me of Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway. It's the facial structure and blonde hair, mostly.

Real talk Crown Princess MM does not dress much different than some of these fundies... she really likes frilly prairie dresses and her clothes tend to have fit issues :) 

I don't understand why Sarah laments that they had such little time together for the holiday dinner. They are together most of the time and have nothing going so could be together all the time if they wanted. It's not like they had some family members coming in from out of state, or heck, even just out of town. They all live in a 20 mile radius of Steve, right?

7 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

I think a couple will go too.

Mainly because there's a bookstand running throughout the conference so someone needs to be there to sell their books.

Actually I think that's the main reason they're going. All the effort put into the update of Teri's book and I bet they haven't sold many of them. I bet Steve is  also hoping to build up interest for their conferences again too. 

I mean - I can imagine them saying at their talks "to find out more about this, please buy our books!" or "we cover this new detail in our own conference which you can order for your own church for the low low price of whatever donations your congregation can drum up for us so it's easy and if you don't you'll be failing as parents/Christians and will not be as godly as us so please sign here".

1 hour ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I think they are all in a one block radius!

Yeah. Joe is like 0.8 miles away and the rest are closer, like over the road.

I'm sure it's Steve's dream for there eventually to be an entire Maxwelland mini suburb with all his children married and living in neighbouring houses, and eventually grandchildren doing the same too, and all of them still drawn to the main Maxwell house like it's a beige Mecca.

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Anna Marie reminds me of Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway. It's the facial structure and blonde hair, mostly.

Holy cow, I had to look her up, but dang if you aren't spot on. :shock: Anna Marie looks as though she would be out at home milking a cow. Her skin is enviable. 

Mette-Marit_av_Norge.jpg

6 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Does anyone know how old Anna-Marie is?  If it was already said sorry to ask the question again. 

I have a feeling she was about 24 or 25 when she and Christopher got married, so she'd be about 31 or so now? I could be wrong though.

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I think Ruthie and Lydia always look so cute. I am not a fan of the long jumpers and all the layers forced upon them but you can tell Anna Marie takes care to always fix their hair and make sure their dresses are clean, pressed, etc. Compare them to Zsu's children who always look like it's been days since their mother has bothered to comb their hair or wash their faces.

The four youngest Duggar girls also looked like they pulled their clothes out from under the bed and no one ever bothered to wash or comb their hair. Jordyn in particular always looked like a street urchin. Say what you will about the horrid clothes the older Duggar girls wore during their family's pre-fame years, but at least they always looked neat and clean.

4 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Holy cow, I had to look her up, but dang if you aren't spot on. :shock: Anna Marie looks as though she would be out at home milking a cow. Her skin is enviable. 

Mette-Marit_av_Norge.jpg

Wow, that's uncanny!

I agree that Anna Marie has the capability to be the model fundie supermom - she's fertile, pretty and actually seems to love motherhood and the role she was raised to perform.

What a shame that she is stuck inside Maxlandia with her untalented husband and narcissistic father-in-law.

I've been jumping down fundie rabbit holes lately and have been reading old Seriously and Mom's Corners from way back when.  Last night I came across this gem from March 2000.   

Our booth was on the edge of the nearly deserted eating area. Right next to us, a young woman of maybe seventeen years had pulled her shopping cart up and stopped. She had a wedding ring on her left hand and a baby in the cart. She had short hair, a stud piercing her right nostril, and she was somewhat unattractive. She was just staring into the snack bar area with the most sullen, sad expression I can remember seeing. Her eyes screamed of the hurt that she was experiencing. Her blank stare was periodically interrupted as her hand came to first one eye and then the next, wiping away what appeared to be tears.

When I had purchased the children’s snacks, a young man had stood behind me in line buying a hot dog and soda. He was scruffy and unkempt. His clothes were mostly black, and he wore a black ball cap. The cap had caught my eye as the bill was bent so it had a ridge in the center, and was pulled down far enough that I couldn’t see his eyes. All I could see was a nose, mouth, and cheeks with a two- or three-day-old beard covering them.

Now I realized that she was standing there waiting for him. “No, God, surely not!” After several minutes of silence, he got up and came out to her. There was no greeting between them, only what appeared to be a few dagger-tipped words exchanged. Then as if the two faced a meal of poison, they reluctantly walked off. It was terrible to watch.

I looked down at my two bright-eyed, happy little girls and thought, “Lord, there goes some daddy’s little girl, but where is he now?” How did a father ever let this happen to his little girl?

Some might wonder if the stud protruding from her nose hinted she had a rebellious history, and if she was the one to desert her father. Certainly, children have their own wills, and we cannot force them to be godly, but as long as there is a God in heaven that answers prayers, fathers must not give up.

Didn't Jesus say, "judge not, lest ye be judged"...or something to that effect?  It's been 30 years since I went to mass.  The more I dig into the Maxwell family archives, the more disgusted I am.  Steve has such a haughty, arrogant god-complex.  I truly can't believe anyone listens to the guy lecture others about his holy ways.  

ETA:  I'm especially pissed that he refers to this young woman as "somewhat unattractive".  Eff off, Steve.  How dare you call someone unattractive!

I think Steve looks down on anyone who does not follow or believe what he believes. He has issues with children being anything but how his children are. 

1 hour ago, LogansMama said:

I've been jumping down fundie rabbit holes lately and have been reading old Seriously and Mom's Corners from way back when.  Last night I came across this gem from March 2000.   

ETA:  I'm especially pissed that he refers to this young woman as "somewhat unattractive".  Eff off, Steve.  How dare you call someone unattractive!

I remember that one, and it was one of the most disturbing Dad's Corners I read.

He came to all these conclusions after seeing this couple (if they even were a couple) for all of 5 or 10 minutes.

The unattractive comment was especially disturbing.

Keep reading and you'll get to the Corner where Steve counts and complains about all the overweight people at his doctor's office .  In another one, he berates a cashier at Walmart who says she's a Christian but doesn't read her bible everyday.

Only God and Steve can judge.

Wow, what a jerk. He has absolutely no idea what those people are going through or why, he just judged them on their appearances. 

He can also bugger off with calling "deserting" one's father ungodly. Many people, myself included, were abused by their fathers. To this day, my father still tries to contact me. So technically, I'm the one that's deserted him--but honestly, he deserted me long, long ago. 

The Maxwell children espically the girls think their father is the most wonderful person in the world.  They can not understand why anyone would not want a father like him. I think that could be an issue with them in finding a mate because not many people are like Steve. 

9 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

The Maxwell children espically the girls think their father is the most wonderful person in the world.  They can not understand why anyone would not want a father like him. I think that could be an issue with them in finding a mate because not many people are like Steve. 

I dunno. From following fundies it seems there's hardly an undersupply of controlling, arrogant douches. But it's not like Steve is going to demand a future son-in-law also be petty and vindictive like him, because be doesn't even realise he is.

The issue with finding a mate is more likely to relate to Steve's demands that, as well as the above, the future husband is also able to buy his own house debt free. I bet there are other requirements too, like being willing to live locally, having been homeschooled, and obviously supporting Maxwellian principles on separation.

2 hours ago, Jana814 said:

My sisters and I were raised to believe that our deeply flawed dad hung the moon.  The ones who really suffered are our husbands, even now with dear old dad being dead for 14 years. 

Maybe it's a thing with mothers who married and started their families in the 50's?

Words cannot express how much of a cunt Steve is. If he thinks he's going to Heaven, he's gonna get a massive shock.

@mango_fandango  hmmm...I guessing from your use of the c-bomb as a descriptor that you are a fellow Australian?  (Then again, we also use it as a term of endearment for our closest mates too).

1 minute ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

@mango_fandango  hmmm...I guessing from your use of the c-bomb as a descriptor that you are a fellow Australian?  (Then again, we also use it as a term of endearment for our closest mates too).

Nope I'm a Brit! :D It's interesting how sometimes British English can be quite similar to Aussie English. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived