IGNORED

Maxwell 8: Not Riveting Our Attention

FundieFarmer

So far my favorite title is Mediocrity or Excellence by Steve Maxwell.  I'm pretty sure Steve and I may have opposite views especially if we're talking on the outcomes of our child rearing or perhaps life in general.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, purplepeony said:

I have found the maxwell family interesting on FJ for a while but don't know huge amounts about them as not looked through all their old blog posts. I was under the impression that they followed steves rules more than gothards rules even though I knew they associated with some ATI people though, like attending duggar weddings.

I was surprised to see how many times they were speaking at the big sandy conference coming up when I was looking through the programme. David Waller shared the programme on twitter and Steve and Terri the presenting quite a few sessions. Have they been this involved before and I just missed it or is it a newer thing for them to speak at big sandy? https://issuu.com/iblp/docs/big_sandy_schedule_web/1?ff=true&e=6576605/47203392

And it is Jim-Bob who is presenting the Debt-Free session, after Steve, at one point. That must really grate.

I can imagine Steve watching it and muttering "Buy used and save the difference? Pfft."

5 hours ago, catlady said:

"I wonder how many of you enjoyed those Sunday?!"  --Sarah on the Easter blog

and we have another of Terri's homeschool fails.  i had to read this sentence twice to understand what she means.  here's a correction:  "I wonder how many of you enjoyed these rolls on Sunday?"  

My reaction the first time I read that sentence was, "Enjoyed those Sunday what?"

I like the photo of Drew on Sarah's lap at the piano, he looks like he wants to say, "pardon me while I put my earplugs in".

Sarah wrote that Joshua can resight versus. I'm sure Steve is thrilled that his first male grandchild can do this before he turns 5. 

NR Anna did not wear a frumper. She, and all the kids, were dressed like actual kids of the 21st century on Easter Sunday. 

And, they are arrogant. Steve Maxwell has taught every one of them that they are the most special of special Christians and god loves them best because they follow all his Steve's rules obsessively. The world is dangerous and full of heathens and they, and they alone, are their god's special ones. 

10 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

NR Anna did not wear a frumper. She, and all the kids, were dressed like actual kids of the 21st century on Easter Sunday. 

I noticed the no frumper, too.  She has a figure -- who knew?  

29 minutes ago, WonderingInWA said:

She has a figure -- who knew?  

I think I knew she had one from the wedding pictures. 

Well that was the most arrogant post I ever read.  Blessed to be in a godly family that TRULY loves the Lord Jesus?  Goofy Anna is always serving someone? Fuck you Maxwells.

And who dresses an infant in a suit?  Poor Danny must have been uncomfortable.

Wow, Sarah is really showing her teeth, and more importantly, her doge!

That 38 second time lapse video of the 'blessed' dinner time was still a waste of time to watch, as it showed nothing of any interest.  Just people walking around and sitting down and standing up again, in fast motion.  Yawn.  Why did I watch that?

19 hours ago, purplepeony said:

I was surprised to see how many times they were speaking at the big sandy conference coming up when I was looking through the programme. David Waller shared the programme on twitter and Steve and Terri the presenting quite a few sessions. Have they been this involved before and I just missed it or is it a newer thing for them to speak at big sandy? https://issuu.com/iblp/docs/big_sandy_schedule_web/1?ff=true&e=6576605/47203392

The Maxwell blog is a positive gold mine in terms of WTF.  I encourage you to read more. :)

We have not noticed the Maxwells scheduled for Big Sandy before this year.  They are also featured at other ATI conferences this year.  Steve has given up his own family conferences so that may explain it.  

We don't think the Maxwells were ever officially IBLP (Steve marches to his own controlling drum), although he has marketed the family products through ATI for a long time.  Jim Bob Duggar also wrote a foreword for the Buying a House Debt-free book and the Maxwell Chore Chart was prominent in early shows of 19K&C.

18 hours ago, Jingerale said:

My reaction the first time I read that sentence was, "Enjoyed those Sunday what?"

Mine too.  And the ABCs sang a "special."  A special what?

10 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

That 38 second time lapse video of the 'blessed' dinner time was still a waste of time to watch, as it showed nothing of any interest.  Just people walking around and sitting down and standing up again, in fast motion.  Yawn.  Why did I watch that?

Hell, no.  It was worth watching just to get a Gigi sighting!  We were wondering whether she was pushing up the daisies and the Maxwells had failed to mention it.  I'm glad to see that she is still in the land of the living.

Also Sarah complained that Resurrection Sunday dinner was too short.  I assume Steve doesn't let them linger over dessert even for a holiday meal because that would put the Almighty Schedule behind.  They can't possibly be late for Family Bible Time, you know.

The entire Big Sandy program is disturbing to me on so many levels.

I find it terrifying that people are so steeped in their religious doctrine they don't see the utter insanity in the thing.

Steve & Teri being speakers - yeah, their dog & pony show has dried up; they have to find someone willing to listen to them - the LORD knows their cult members  offspring have heard it all a million times before so they need new blood. And, money. And, attention.

The IQ of the general area drops by about 75% when they have these 'conferences'.

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Who films themselves eating a holiday dinner?

They are getting desperate for content.  They almost never post video!

4 hours ago, WonderingInWA said:

They have bloody. nothing. ever. to post videowise.  Barely enough still pix wise, too.

8 hours ago, WonderingInWA said:

Video would be fine if they posted something interesting, like the kids singing or Mary showing how to make dinner rolls or even a family member saying a few words about what Resurrection Sunday means to him/her. But speeded-up footage of people wandering around a dining room? Not so much.

4 hours ago, Granwych said:

They have bloody. nothing. ever. to post videowise.  Barely enough still pix wise, too.

What would be interesting? Seeing them at the IBLP conference, interacting with fundies who aren't necessarily their followers and who they may have to schmooze up to in order to sell books.

But I'd be surprised we even see them acknowledge the conference, since it's "off brand".

1 hour ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Video would be fine if they posted something interesting, like the kids singing or Mary showing how to make dinner rolls or even a family member saying a few words about what Resurrection Sunday means to him/her. But speeded-up footage of people wandering around a dining room? Not so much.

I'm surprised Stevie hasn't joined the YouTube bandwagon.  Lots of YTers are making a crap-ton of money.  He missed the golden era when the YTers were all starting up about 5 years ago, though. He was too busy focusing on One Ton Ramp and driving Uriah into potholes and stuff.

You snooze, you lose, Steve!  Don't quit your day job!  Oh, wait...

2 minutes ago, WonderingInWA said:

I'm surprised Stevie hasn't joined the YouTube bandwagon.  Lots of YTers are making a crap-ton of money.  He missed the golden era when the YTers were all starting up about 5 years ago, though. He was too busy focusing on One Ton Ramp and driving Uriah into potholes and stuff.

You Tube is too worldly

2 minutes ago, WonderingInWA said:

Not much money in YT for fundie cult evangelism though. It's mostly in young people doing whatever it is that young people do I don't understand as I am over 40 help help send wine.

What I mean to say is - I can't imagine him doing pranks or haul videos any time soon.

3 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Not much money in YT for fundie cult evangelism though. It's mostly in young people doing whatever it is that young people do I don't understand as I am over 40 help help send wine.

What I mean to say is - I can't imagine him doing pranks or haul videos any time soon.

LOL.  Outfit  Of The Day, Get Ready With Me, Unboxing -- OMG, the Maxwellian spin would be hilarious!  I am over 40, too, but I would subscribe if they did it, just for the free entertainment. 

1 hour ago, WonderingInWA said:

LOL.  Outfit  Of The Day, Get Ready With Me, Unboxing -- OMG, the Maxwellian spin would be hilarious!  I am over 40, too, but I would subscribe if they did it, just for the free entertainment. 

I want to see a Maxwell prank now.

"Oh look, we swapped your KJV for a NASB! Don't worry, we swapped them back before you were exposed to something worldly!"

How old is Anna Marie and Christopher's youngest? I'm calling she's pregnant again.

9 hours ago, terranova said:

How old is Anna Marie and Christopher's youngest? I'm calling she's pregnant again.

He's 9 months, and she is due to get pregnant about now. It's hard to tell if she looks pregnant because her clothes are always so baggy. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived