IGNORED

Maxwell 8: Not Riveting Our Attention

FundieFarmer

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

So Sarah went kayaking with 'a friend'. She doesn't single out any of the girls in any pics as her 'friend' (singular). Could the friend be a guy?

There's no way Steve would allow her on a solo activity with a guy, even if she was courting. Or even that she even knows any such guy.

In any case, she's wearing the same shirt for the kayaking as she is in the next photo, so I'd say it's the friend in the next photo.

3 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Men on Fire... so, Burning Man?

Yup, there are some hunka hunka burnin' loves there...  Why is it that none of the local firefighters here even remotely resemble Naga's pic??

1 hour ago, Odd1Out said:

So Sarah went kayaking with 'a friend'. She doesn't single out any of the girls in any pics as her 'friend' (singular). Could the friend be a guy?

No, never, not ever, HELL no.

I don't think so.

Why are they making such a big deal about dinner rolls? I don't understand - is that really their most interesting recipe? Yeesh. 

3 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Why are they making such a big deal about dinner rolls? I don't understand - is that really their most interesting recipe? Yeesh. 

I'm on tenterhooks.  The dinner roll recipe has got to be better than the bean burrito recipe.

The look of the blog on my phone has changed. Earlier it was similar to the web/computer version. Now it's like this:

IMG_1570.PNG

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

The look of the blog on my phone has changed. Earlier it was similar to the web/computer version. Now it's like this:

IMG_1570.PNG

I noticed that too.  Reminds me of Wordpress

IMG_1570.PNG

Why is this week perfect?  Can the rolls raise the dead?

Maybe the dinner rolls are part of the Resurrection Sunday meal they have every year? 

IMG_1570.PNG

Mine hasn't changed (iPhone/iOS). Weird.

IMG_4468.thumb.PNG.117f1a9766e55403924a31a23b1af21b.PNG

Awww, yeah, everybody better buckle up and hold on to their headcoverings for the exciting ride that is Mary's dinner roll recipe!!!

6 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Maybe the dinner rolls are part of the Resurrection Sunday meal they have every year? 

Probably - a special not-kosher-for-Passover treat to help honor their Jewish savior.

The Maxwells spend more time talking about lunches, brunches, dinners and other assorted food topics than many food bloggers (just not, like, you know, in any meaningful way). I guess when your life is as dull and rigid as theirs is, food is the only vice that can be snuck in.

I keep checking g on the Maxwells page just to see if sexy John is married yet..nope.  completely given up.on the girls sadly.

My go to fundy these days is crazy jillrod

On 4/11/2017 at 8:27 PM, Odd1Out said:

Nope.  Of course not...don't be silly.

2 hours ago, Dark Matters said:

The roll recipe is up!

https://blog.titus2.com/2017/04/13/light-and-fluffy-rolls/

They look like Parker House rolls (I know I'm dating myself).  Sarah takes way better pictures than Chris - she should have gone into photography instead of writing books.

Yes!  I actually requested they post it.  And, no, you're not dating yourself with Parker House Rolls.  Even Ina Garten has a recipe for them.

15 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Why is this week perfect?  Can the rolls raise the dead?

Maybe by hurling said rolls, one can cause death...

I love homemade rolls but, more likely than not, this is what I serve. I can always tell people "Oh, it's my sister's recipe."  

IMG_6006.JPG

@usmcmom I just bought a couple bags of these on a whim! We're hosting Easter dinner this weekend and I am already stretching my kitchen to the limits with glazed ham, not-from-a-box au gratin potatoes and carrot cake from scratch, so I'm taking a shortcut on the bread. Glad to read these are tasty!

4 minutes ago, bertnee said:

@usmcmom I just bought a couple bags of these on a whim! We're hosting Easter dinner this weekend and I am already stretching my kitchen to the limits with glazed ham, not-from-a-box au gratin potatoes and carrot cake from scratch, so I'm taking a shortcut on the bread. Glad to read these are tasty!

Oh yeah, you can't go wrong with Sister

11 hours ago, 16strong said:

The Maxwells spend more time talking about lunches, brunches, dinners and other assorted food topics than many food bloggers (just not, like, you know, in any meaningful way). I guess when your life is as dull and rigid as theirs is, food is the only vice that can be snuck in.

I've had a theory for quite some time that gluttony is one of the few sins they allow and I think some do actually latch onto it. Vanity is another one they don't seem to care about. I will never understand why fundies flip their shit over showing their knees but then don't seem to give a single fuck about overeating when overeating can have actual health consequences.

Just to be clear I am not going to fat shame anyone. I just notice that many fundies don't seem to feel guilty for overeating on thanksgiving or at big parties. Nor do they seem to care if they are choosing unhealthy foods to overeat could possibly be a sin.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived