IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 26 - Double Baked Duggars

choralcrusader8613

I'm with @Hmmm_idolatry, ATI/Quiverful/Gothardism what ever you want to call it is nothing more than hatred of women gays and non white people wrapped in control and sold as Christianity.  There is NOTHING about this "faith" that resembles Christianity and honestly it shouldn't be allowed to be associated with it, not even in a round about way. It is a a group of men who want total control over their families so they wrap it in a shit stained version of religion say it is in the name of God and then no one will say anything about them, because Jesus. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

. It is a a group of men who want total control over their families so they wrap it in a shit stained version of religion say it is in the name of God and then no one will say anything about them, because Jesus. 

No, not because Jesus. Because Leviticus. Because fucking St. Paul. Jesus ate with sinners, tax collectors, and  people of color. He held the hands of lepers, cured the sick that other people wouldn't even look at, went in a stench filled grave to call out Lazarus. It was the old Testament RULES and fucking St. Paul and his RULES that Gothard and all the other damned misogynists latched onto and decided to make into a "religion." It is not. It is hatred. It is fear. These men are so afraid of women that they MUST subdue them at all costs.

It's interesting that some of the more established religions, such as Methodist, Episcopal, Jewish, etc. are far more liberal in their outlooks. You'd think they'd be more likely to hang on to misogyny. Maybe they've been around long enough to figure out what really matters. (We can hope. :))

On 4/15/2017 at 10:03 AM, Timetostoplurking said:

What is the number 1 thing you hate the most about the duggars and the Gothard belief system?  

That they work to impose their worldview on all of society with issues such as abortion and same-sex marriage. I hate that they supported Trump, and likely supported Kim Davis, hateful people like that. I hate that they feel their religion makes them right. You said #1 thing, sorry, so much that I hate about them one thing won't do it.

On 4/15/2017 at 8:18 PM, RosyDaisy said:

The whole system is bad. There's not just one thing.

BINGO! We have a winner. It all sucks, couldn't think of one positive thing to say about any of it, the Duggars or Gothardism.

There is not one single thing I could say I hate most about the Duggars. There are so many disgusting things they do and believe in.

If I had to pick one, it'd be having so many kids, being sh*tty parents and not educating them properly.

This definitely isn't the thing that bothers me the most about the Duggars/fundies, but I've always wondered why they don't give more of their kids religious names.  If their faith is so key to everything that they do (down to the clothes they wear), why isn't it a bigger part of giving their kids names that they'll presumably have their entire life?  

I guess you could make the argument that the Duggars were sticking to J names and had to find some outside the Bible, but a lot of their middle names aren't religion-based, either.  As far as I know, there's no Brooklyn in the Bible.  

12 minutes ago, potato said:

This definitely isn't the thing that bothers me the most about the Duggars/fundies, but I've always wondered why they don't give more of their kids religious names.  If their faith is so key to everything that they do (down to the clothes they wear), why isn't it a bigger part of giving their kids names that they'll presumably have their entire life?  

I guess you could make the argument that the Duggars were sticking to J names and had to find some outside the Bible, but a lot of their middle names aren't religion-based, either.  As far as I know, there's no Brooklyn in the Bible.  

But there are plenty of J names from the Bible, too. For example: Jacob, Jada, Jair, Jairus, Jason, Jerusalem, Jehosophat, Jemima, Jericho, Jesiah, Julia

On 4/15/2017 at 10:03 AM, Timetostoplurking said:

This is not really on the current topic but..... What is the number 1 thing you hate the most about the duggars and the Gothard belief system?  I have been thinking about this a lot lately.  Why do I dislike them sooooo much?  If I had to pick one thing, it would be......drum roll......Victim blaming!!!   That is the absolute worst.    If they want to keep kids ignorant, marry them off young, believe in a 6000 year old earth (that one just makes me laugh) that's bad enough.  But blaming girls/women for pretty much everything?  Ugh!!!  I hate that!

I think we sometimes lose sight of that when we pick apart their clothes, hair, makeup,cupcakes in broken glass...whether or not Spurgeon is cute.....whatever.  But the way the girls/women are treated...?? ..Awful!!  

I hate how they advertise themselves as a religious family with high modesty standards and a holier than thou, smug  attitude, yet yet they act completely counter to what Jesus preached. For being Christians, they don't follow Jesus' teachings as expressed in the Bible (loving everyone, even sinners, for example). I also hate how they set all their children up to fail by denying them a proper education and imposing limiting gender norms on both the boys and girls. 

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm with @Hmmm_idolatry, ATI/Quiverful/Gothardism what ever you want to call it is nothing more than hatred of women gays and non white people wrapped in control and sold as Christianity.  There is NOTHING about this "faith" that resembles Christianity and honestly it shouldn't be allowed to be associated with it, not even in a round about way. It is a a group of men who want total control over their families so they wrap it in a shit stained version of religion say it is in the name of God and then no one will say anything about them, because Jesus. 

Exactly! It's a case of using religion for your own agenda. I can't stand it when people use religion to justify being prejudiced, hateful, or repressing others.

6 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

But there are plenty of J names from the Bible, too. For example: Jacob, Jada, Jair, Jairus, Jason, Jerusalem, Jehosophat, Jemima, Jericho, Jesiah, Julia

Jehosophat Duggar is my favourite J baby that never was..

On Sat Apr 15 2017 at 6:42 PM, Mela99 said:

...with about as much fashion sense as the love child of Laura Ingalls Wilder and an 80s clown. 

Hey! Some of us spent some time dressed as a clown in the 80s! :pb_redface: (Not that much time. A Girl Scout workshop and a few Halloween parties. :wink-kitty:)

15 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I realized that advertising on T shirts while having a 44D bust might have been a bad idea when I bought the concert T shirt for the Billy Joel/Elton John tour.. the one with their faces on the shirt.... Yeah. Their eyes hit on my boobs. I only wore that shirt one time..

I had a Garfield t-shirt (the cartoon cat) with Garfield holding up his arms. When my breasts started developing, it looked like he was holding them in his paws. Even small bustlines can be a bad combo with some t-shirts.

6 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

Well, they did use Jason, right?

15 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I realized that advertising on T shirts while having a 44D bust might have been a bad idea when I bought the concert T shirt for the Billy Joel/Elton John tour.. the one with their faces on the shirt.... Yeah. Their eyes hit on my boobs. I only wore that shirt one time..

When I saw Wicked, I came very close to buying a souvenir t-shirt that said "Defy Gravity." I thought it would be a nice positive, upbeat memento of the trip... until I realized that the words would go right across my boobs, which added an unfortunate double meaning.

I didn't get the shirt.

@MercerI got that t-shirt when I saw Wicked in San Fransisco, and wore it the first day of school after  the trip (I was doing the equivalent of a BA in musical theatre). Problem was that since the "defy" part was printed in an artsy font people only saw the "gravity" part, which was displayed diagonally over my boobs. The Swedish word for "pregnancy" is "graviditet" ("I'm pregnant" is "Jag är gravid"), which everyone thought it said since they didn't make the Wicked connection. 

I haven't worn that t-shirt since.

12 hours ago, potato said:

As far as I know, there's no Brooklyn in the Bible.  

Because you probably read the wrong bible ;-)

The Duggars speshul KJV probably has Brooklyn in it :D:D:D

13 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

To be fair, the bolded is probably the next Dillard baby. 

I have to admit that I'm really surprised that they never had a Jacob.  Nor a Jada or a Julia.  All great names.  Definitely would have made more sense in that family than Jinger or Jackson as names. Maybe we need to change the name to FreeJulia.  She is the only one that will truly be free.  

56 minutes ago, JMO said:

I have to admit that I'm really surprised that they never had a Jacob.  Nor a Jada or a Julia.  All great names.  Definitely would have made more sense in that family than Jinger or Jackson as names. Maybe we need to change the name to FreeJulia.  She is the only one that will truly be free.  

It's really odd when you realize Jinger is the 6th child. Although others have similar sounding names, they gave her a weird name when they had SOO many others to choose from. 

As a teen,I had saved money from babysitting,I then went shopping and bought some clothes.

I bought a shirt,It had  few jungle animals...it said "Big Game".

My mother said it was suggestive.She never could understand that as a teen,I wanted to wear what happened to be in style.

We had a personality conflict.My mother grew up in Germany during WW2.Relatives from Germany were always shipping packages to us.When I got to be about 12, they started sending women's clothes....anyway they sent a maternity dress.My mother thought I should wear it.I refused and my father agreed.

One of my son's has a J name.The Duggars did not use it.He would say they should have used it.

I remember when they were choosing names for Jubilee.John-David said "Jefferson".

Really? Jackson...then Jefferson???

I would have picked different J names for quite a few of them...as I have said...Josiah,and Josie..too much like Joseph.Joy-Anna and Johannah, too much like Jana.

I think I read somewhere that JB wanted to name Jordyn......Julie Grace.

Deep thoughts of the day.  Jinger really is the rebel in her family (to date).  She married a guy with a past, someone who partied and dated and lived on his own not just in this country but others.  She wears pants, she told her family not to visit for several months, and she is avoiding social media.  Sadly she and said husband are keen on spreading the same hate she was raised in.  While we all wished that she was the one to leave and have a more normal young adulthood with dating and going out with friends and making her own choices about clothes without needing to get married to do it, I think this may be as good as it gets for her.  I'm still hoping for one of the younger ones to truly break free.  25 years from now I want to see Josie in an unaltered strapless wedding dress getting married in an open field with a justice of the peace and a cool tattoo on her shoulder.  And then sharing a well practiced smootch with her spouse. 

I have a feeling when Jinger gets pregnant (or announces a pregnancy if she is already) social media will follow. Jeremy will need to build their "brand" as the perfect pastor's family. So Her instangram account is not far, IMO. 

17 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Julia is a lovely name. It's a shame it wasn't used instead of same sounding names.

JB certainly lobbied for Julie many times.

Still astonishes me that they came up with Jinger before Jennifer...

6 hours ago, JMO said:

Maybe we need to change the name to FreeJulia.  She is the only one that will truly be free.  

:56247958035f1_32(18)::56247958035f1_32(18):

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived