IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: She's in Shorts?!

choralcrusader8613

I think she looks cute in the shorts. That is all.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, the bigger story is that she's almost certainly not pregnant, after five months of marriage. Those shorts look to be tailored - with a zip and button rather than elasticated at the waist. Even in the earliest days of pregnancy, I would never have chosen a waistband like that. If her sisters are anything to go by, those Duggar bellies pop early (as did mine).

Okay those are some LONG shorts. She's frumpier than she usually looks. Also, I'm much shorter than my husband and I just want to say it seems very heightist to imply that just because he's taller and she's smaller that it looks inappropriate. There are many, many other things to criticize these two about! 

i didn't see the full version of the pic posted... just a screenshot.

the shorts aren't actually denim, as i originally thought.

17201137_10211147365912496_6024666735341476887_n.jpg

14 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Jessa listens to Christian hip hop. That was a huge no-no at the TTH. I'd argue it might even be a bigger deal than wearing shorts. I don't think I need to tell anyone that Ben and Jessa are still very much fundies.

I think it's great that Jinger is expanding her wardrobe choices. I think it's great that Jessa listens to more than just hymns and classical piano pieces. I think it's great that Jill married someone with a university degree. I hope they all leave fundamentalism. Just at this moment, I'm not holding my breath.

Not holding my breath either, just keeping hope alive. It is extremely rare that a fundie girl will pull a, "Jocelyn Dixon". I can't get over the multiple piercings, tats, hair colors, etc. Oh I forgot she supposely slept with her sister's husband. Is there any such thing as a fundie athiest? Because she's it,at the moment. I can't imagine a Duggar or Bates going that far. But if they did...GLASSES UP OVER HERE!!

35 minutes ago, Irishy said:

To me, the bigger story is that she's almost certainly not pregnant, after five months of marriage. Those shorts look to be tailored - with a zip and button rather than elasticated at the waist. Even in the earliest days of pregnancy, I would never have chosen a waistband like that. If her sisters are anything to go by, those Duggar bellies pop early (as did mine).

Oh I dunno about that- Jessa hasn't ever popped THAT early (she was still hiding it from immediate family when she gave them that picture at like 12  weeks with her Henry pregnancy, and Jchelle were like wow, how do you hide this for so long all the time?) I also think when and how women pop throughout pregnancy can vary widely even within families. I'm currently almost 17 weeks and all my clothing fits and fits the same as before I was pregnant- there has never been a time yet in this pregnancy when I was like this doesn't fit right and my medical team has assured me this is normal, especially in a first pregnancy. Jinger could well be pregnant and not showing.

Of course, I do hope you are right though...

3 minutes ago, breakfree said:

Oh I dunno about that- Jessa hasn't ever popped THAT early (she was still hiding it from immediate family when she gave them that picture at like 12  weeks with her Henry pregnancy, and Jchelle were like wow, how do you hide this for so long all the time?) I also think when and how women pop throughout pregnancy can vary widely even within families. I'm currently almost 17 weeks and all my clothing fits and fits the same as before I was pregnant- there has never been a time yet in this pregnancy when I was like this doesn't fit right and my medical team has assured me this is normal, especially in a first pregnancy. Jinger could well be pregnant and not showing.

Of course, I do hope you are right though...

Yes, especially because that shirt is loose fitting around the stomach area, so we really don't know what's going on there. I agree with past posters who said her face looks fuller than before, so...

11 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Jinger married an IFB preacher.

Actually, she didn't.  She married a non-denominational reformed leaning preacher.  There are going to be differences.  There are degrees in my mind of fundyism and Jeremy's is steps to the left of Jim Bob who is over on the extreme right with IFB/ATI/quiverful. 

I dunno y'all I have some maturity shorts that kinda look like that only the legs are meant to be rolled to the length you want. They even look like they have a zipper and stuff to make them look like normal shorts.  Just looks like she don't roll hers to me. I mean they could be normal "modest" shorts and I could be totally wrong. Either way I feel like shorts of any sort are a big step!

also it was mostly bloat but at 10 weeks I had people asking me how far along I was and I was clearly pregnant lol. I had like 4 outfits that fit comfortably. Although I wear my clothes tight to begin with.

I was wrong about Jeremy's church, sorry. So he's Reformed leaning...kind of like ?. Well, the Duggars have guzzled a little bit of that koolaid flavor, and Ben's family are/were VF. Both flavors are toxic and evil.

Jinger looks wonderful. It looks like she's gained some much-needed weight too and looks quite healthy. That's a nice change from the waif like figure she's had the past few years. For a while there she looked almost sick. I think Jeremy and moving to Texas have been great for her. 

13 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

lol, she lives in laredo, TX. that's pretty damn far south, and probably currently in the 80s and humid during the day. i currently live about 1.5hours central from Houston, which is nowhere near as toasty as Laredo, and it's currently 70F outside at 10:40pm. i'm sure shorts-ish and sleeveless-but-still-modest are a neccessity for her. wouldn't be surprised if Jeremy "recommended" (aka instructed) her to, actually. i definitely wouldn't be surprised if her church-ladies community recommended it. 

Fair point. Most of my time in Texas was in September and October.

2 hours ago, Pukingpearl said:

Okay those are some LONG shorts. She's frumpier than she usually looks. Also, I'm much shorter than my husband and I just want to say it seems very heightist to imply that just because he's taller and she's smaller that it looks inappropriate. There are many, many other things to criticize these two about! 

...like the length of her shorts?  :pb_rollseyes:  (They are called bermuda shorts and they are everywhere in the part of the country I live in.)

2 hours ago, Irishy said:

I think a lot of it has to do with muscle tone. If someone has good ab muscles, they will not typically "pop" until a bit later. I think Jessa seemed to hide hers longer than Jill and we know that Jessa got a bit into fitness since she's been with Ben. So who knows with Jinger. Though I really don't think she seems pregnant yet but who knows. 

19 hours ago, PumaLover said:

Wow, this is amazing!! Maybe Jinger finally is "free."

Well at least her knees are free :chi-yes:

4 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

Hmm. I'm sure the shorts have at least something to do with her now being married, or else she probably would've been spotted out and about in shorts way sooner. I hope the "limiting social media" idea is not Jeremy's rule. Jinger loves photography so it seems like she'd enjoy having an instagram. 

Speaking of J&J, I can't believe they are still going along with the corny, weird congrats videos every time somebody starts courting. Whyyyy do they do this?? It can't be for the YouTube view$ because if so, wouldn't they post a lot more content? Whatever the reason it's strange creepy & awkward as hell.  

I think they are doing the bare minimum to fulfill their contracts for the show or to keep JB/M off their back. All of the other marrieds (save J&A now) keep a pretty public instagram to promote the show. The Vuolo's do not so the least that they can do is to spend one minute making a stupid congrats video to keep TLC or JB/M off their back.

ETA: I don't think JInger wants to have a baby immediately. Everytime they ask her, she has this look like "OMG, what do I say? Quick Jeremy, say something" going on. I don't know if they would be willing to use protection or some other method to make sure that she doesn't get pregnant immediately but it doesn't appear that she's gunning for it like Anna was.

22 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

...like the length of her shorts?  :pb_rollseyes:  (They are called bermuda shorts and they are everywhere in the part of the country I live in.)

I think a lot of it has to do with muscle tone. If someone has good ab muscles, they will not typically "pop" until a bit later. I think Jessa seemed to hide hers longer than Jill and we know that Jessa got a bit into fitness since she's been with Ben. So who knows with Jinger. Though I really don't think she seems pregnant yet but who knows. 

I don't necessarily dislike long shorts, I more commented on that because I saw the comments about shorts before I saw the photo. People were making it sound much more risqué than they actually are. I was expected substantial thigh. And I really don't mind if people want to dress in baggy clothes or skirts if that's what feels good to them, but to me this outfit looks more traditionally Duggar than anything she's worn for the past five or so years. 

Popping in with my 2 cents. I was actually super shocked when I saw Jinger in shorts. Granted they are long in length, but shorts none the less. To me the Duggars seem very holier than thou to me. The bates have had a daughter (and now daughter in law) who wear pants almost exclusively. I wouldn't be surprise (though this is just speculation), if the Duggars felt quite pleased with themselves that their married children have all towed the line with their modesty standards.

So I was a bit surprised it was Jinger to do it now. I personally figured it would come from a middle boys' future wife or one of the younger girls. As I feel the parents are becoming more lax as they are getting older and the older children are getting married and helping less. It shall be interesting to see what other fashion choices Jinger pops up wearing.

As for pregnancy- first pregnancy (especially if you were fit and thin as Jinger is), you typically don't show right away. For myself, I was young and thin with my first. I didn't pop until right at the end of my pregnancy. Now with my other two pregnancies, all bets were off! She could be pregnant or she might not be. Who knows. One things is for sure, she looks SOOOO much healthier with the little added weight. She was looking scary thin to me. Her face just looks so much brighter and healthier looking. So whether it's pregnancy, or she is just relaxing on her eating habits/working out, it's really working for her.

3 hours ago, Pukingpearl said:

Okay those are some LONG shorts. She's frumpier than she usually looks. 

Yeah, all ideologies and baby steps aside, I find it ironic that this outfit actually looks a lot more conservative, and ahem, "mature," than some of her other skirt ensembles that were much trendier and more typical of a young woman in her early twenties.

Are Bermuda shorts a trend for young women in other parts of the country? Because where I'm at they are only seen on much older women. The only young women I've ever seen wearing them are Utah Mormons so their undergarments stay covered. Maybe non-religious women will wear a fitted pair of pedal pushers, but I can't recall seeing anyone in shorts as long and loose as that.

Obviously, she can wear whatever she wants. It just jumped out to me as odd, especially since I would probably be more likely to assume someone in that shorts outfit were religious and conservative over someone in a pencil skirt and fitted cardigan.

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Anyway, my views on the whole shorts thing is that it is positive. It's no indication of said woman having changed her world view or branching out, but it could mean a huge difference for the next generation of girls growing up in this culture. The way I see it, it's one less thing to feel ashamed of, one less thing to feel guilty about. If the next generation can grow up without having to feel sexualized for wearing pants/shorts or shamed into thinking it's immodest, hey that's great in my view. It's especially important that Alyssa Webster and Whitney Bates, who actually have daughters, shows that it is ok.

Knowing fundies though, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a full 180 on pants in a few years and declare them completely off the table and make the women who had started wearing them believe they were harlots for wearing them, complete with testimonies from said women declaring how wrong they were to ever wear pants...

11 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

Jessa will never publicly wear shorts or pants (besides those water shorts). She's too committed to the brand. The skirts are a Duggar trademark. 

I believe the skirts are a way to show off for the Duggar's, at least for the older girls who have a choice. It screams LOOK AT ME I'm so modest & Godly, I wear frumpy oversize unfashionable clothes.  The lost girls don't have a say, Joy only gained the right to have a say with in the last year. I think given the shot Joy would have been in Jeans & shorts from childhood. I'm most interested in how J & A  will integrate into society on their own.  I do hope they don't live at the ranch, or in  one of daddy Duggar's properties. I hope they get a small apartment and live on their own with out being under either set of parents. All couples deserve that, being allowed to set up their own home with their own rules. Austin should have a nice stash of cash, he could buy a small house and he & Joy can fix it up.  She's not afraid to get dirty or do hard work.

I see Jinger, now that she is away from Jessa, she can start being more her own person., with a lot of help from Jeremy.  I see Jinger being a more classically dressed woman she'll wear slacks and shorts she might even wear a bathing suit. It will be interesting to see how all these kids stray or stay with the basic fundamentals of Duggardum?

11 minutes ago, Icea said:

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Anyway, my views on the whole shorts thing is that it is positive. It's no indication of said woman having changed her world view or branching out, but it could mean a huge difference for the next generation of girls growing up in this culture. The way I see it, it's one less thing to feel ashamed of, one less thing to feel guilty about. If the next generation can grow up without having to feel sexualized for wearing pants/shorts or shamed into thinking it's immodest, hey that's great in my view. It's especially important that Alyssa Webster and Whitney Bates, who actually have daughters, shows that it is ok.

Knowing fundies though, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a full 180 on pants in a few years and declare them completely off the table and make the women who had started wearing them believe they were harlots for wearing them, complete with testimonies from said women declaring how wrong they were to ever wear pants...

Hands clapping & welcome!

I'm more curious to know what's printed on the tracts  (if they are tracts) that they're handing out. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived