IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: She's in Shorts?!

choralcrusader8613

17 hours ago, Kleine Vampirin said:

I'm more curious to know what's printed on the tracts  (if they are tracts) that they're handing out. 

Now you know those tracts have Bible info on them. Or maybe some info about their church. Probably trying to get more members. Might actually work since his Jinger is a very popular lady:content:

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, Jinger will go the Alyssa Webster route when it comes to a PG announcement...a 2nd trimester [or beyond] announcement. She's not going to be Jill. I see her using silence as an avenue for control.

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

IMO, Jinger will go the Alyssa Webster route when it comes to a PG announcement...a 2nd trimester [or beyond] announcement. She's not going to be Jill. I see her using silence as an avenue for control.

so no pictures of a pee stick 

got it :D

what about just showing up with a newborn six months from now - maybe it was adopted 

Jinger bam drop the mic 

3 minutes ago, nst said:

so no pictures of a pee stick 

got it :D

what about just showing up with a newborn six months from now - maybe it was adopted 

Jinger bam drop the mic 

I won't lie, the thought did occur to me. 

Jinger is the first daughter out of the jim bobs umbrella. I believe she is the first and only girl to wear shorts (I don't count jessas swimming shorts), simply because she can and doesn't have to deal with her father's disappointment/disapproval. I can't imagine Ben and derick being bold enough to encourage pants wearing when their landlord is her father.

Austin doesn't need jim bobs money but sadly has the same exact belief system. It's unfortunate because joy hates dresses (like skirts are any different), and she is someone who I think really would be satisfied with wearing pants.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I won't lie, the thought did occur to me. 

Wow...think you are on to something. She certainly has the power to do it. Well Jessa hid the gender of both babies. The thing with Alyssa Bates is her face didn't change during pregnancy. The Duggars skype alot. NO WAY will Jinger be able to fool her sisters. Not to her 2nd trimester anyway.

13 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I am guessing that if people from FJ saw me in person, they would think I am a mormon or something....ha! I wear denim shorts that aren't very far above my knee at all. I am not young, though, at 35 years old. But I have been wearing this length since I was maybe mid-20's. I have never cared to be trendy though. I like to be comfortable and that's what I prefer with denim. I do have some linen shorts that are shorter but I only wear them when it gets super hot out.

I'm 32. I'm putting you in the young woman category ;)

(And I have a denim skirt/ballet flat combo that is very similar to Jana's.)

Finally saw the picture: the shorts are really modest, the fabric seems to be heavy denim, but overall the look with the white shoes and poloshirt is classy and cute and she seems happy. She looks like some teacher trainee on a college campus, maybe reading latin and history, playing hockey or tennis in the afternoons. Like any young woman really. 

On 3/9/2017 at 9:07 PM, calimojo said:

Jeremy's mom wear pants as does his sister and likely they wear shorts as well. 

I don't remember - does Jinger play violin?    Do you think it could be a Vuolo ladies trio?  

Vuolo ladies fiddling.PNG

16 minutes ago, kinphilly said:

I don't remember - does Jinger play violin?    Do you think it could be a Vuolo ladies trio?  

Vuolo ladies fiddling.PNG

Yes, all the Duggar kids play the violin and piano as well. Wow, check out those outfits and heels!

16 hours ago, Jiraffe said:

Omg, SAME. I'm 143 lbs and 5'3" with the exact same issue. Let's make a pact that if one of us ever finds a pair of magical comfy shorts that we'll come here and tell the other where to get them??? Lol! It is SO annoying. 

Banana republic jeans shorts ;) Bought one a few months ago!  (From a fellow 160 cm 64 kg human ;) )

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

I'm 32. I'm putting you in the young woman category ;)

(And I have a denim skirt/ballet flat combo that is very similar to Jana's.)

I've been wearing Bermuda shorts since my 20's. It's just a pain to shave 6 inches above the knee for me. I have not worn short shorts since I was 13. Puberty and extreme hereditary hair kicked in around that time.

5 minutes ago, Thorns said:

Banana republic jeans shorts ;) Bought one a few months ago!  (From a fellow 160 cm 64 kg human ;) )

What about the Gap or American Eagle? No wait, JCPenny has some comfy shorts as well.

If anyone on here is in the 5'8"/140 lbs range and knows where to get shorts that fit, hook me up. I don't know why but I have terrible luck with shorts. Shorts and dress pants.

35 minutes ago, Thorns said:

Thank you! Gonna have to go shopping! :my_biggrin:

32 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

What about the Gap or American Eagle? No wait, JCPenny has some comfy shorts as well.

Ooh, American Eagle would be worth a shot too. My favourite capris ever came from there, I wore them til they disintegrated. (Split in the middle of a shift at work, actually. Thank God for working in a mall with easy access to emergency pants!) 

3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Wow...think you are on to something. She certainly has the power to do it. Well Jessa hid the gender of both babies. The thing with Alyssa Bates is her face didn't change during pregnancy. The Duggars skype alot. NO WAY will Jinger be able to fool her sisters. Not to her 2nd trimester anyway.

and not with them asking constantly are you pregnant. Like Jana randomly asking Jessa 

I am so sure that happened 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

If anyone on here is in the 5'8"/140 lbs range and knows where to get shorts that fit, hook me up. I don't know why but I have terrible luck with shorts. Shorts and dress pants.

I can only find dress pants that fit me at Express. And only 20% of the time. When I find some, I stock up!

It's definitive proof that the adult Duggar women who still wear only skirts do so because the are forced to submit the dress standards of the TTH. Being married gives you a choice but Jana is still forced to conform. Jinger has wanted to make this change for awhile but couldn't while under the headship of J-Boob. It mortifies me that these are women in their 20s who can only make choice for self-expression if it's cleared by a male authority figure. I doubt jinger would have put the shorts on if Jeremy had expressed a negative opinion about it. And I don't see Joy getting approval to wear shorts from Austin 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Finally found some decent dress pants at an Express Outlet. They have several cuts--flare, slight boot cut, skinny, etc...and all the basic neutral tones. I'm maybe 5 lbs heavier than you and an inch shorter with a short torso and long legs. The pants were a little long, but quick to hem (or get my aunt to hem...I did one pair, she did the other). 

2 hours ago, Jiraffe said:

Ooh, American Eagle would be worth a shot too.

Would you say it's worth a short?

........................................................................................

Sorry, I'm leaving now :pb_biggrin:

51 minutes ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

It's definitive proof that the adult Duggar women who still wear only skirts do so because the are forced to submit the dress standards of the TTH

No, it's not. Definitive proof would be one of the girls or their parents stating outright that they are forced to wear skirts. 

54 minutes ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Jinger has wanted to make this change for awhile but couldn't while under the headship of J-Boob. 

Interesting, where did she say that?

56 minutes ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

I doubt jinger would have put the shorts on if Jeremy had expressed a negative opinion about it.

I doubt it too.

I think it is safe to assume that if Jinger did not want to change her pre-marriage fashion, she would not.  While Jeremy might have encouraged her and told her that shorts, slacks, skirts above the knee and sleeveless shirts are fine,  I seriously do not believe that he would force Jinger to dress in those things unless she wanted to. 

To me,  Jinger's behavior over this season was consistent with a young woman who was ready to separate from her family.  Even as her sisters, primarily Jessa got emotional about Jinger leaving,  It looked to me, like Jinger was having to force herself to really look as if she had mixed emotions about leaving.  She was ready to separate, which is a fairly normal thing. 

I think it is also safe to assume that Jinger has more of an interest in clothing and fashion that her sisters have.  She has always been more flamboyant in her fashion than the other girls.  Jana always looks classy and pulled together.  Jill typically looks like fashion is the last thing on her mind. Jessa looks like she spent hours in front of the mirror for hair and makeup, but assumes her beauty is more than enough and doesn't do much with fashion.  She has a few cute things but most stuff is blah.  Joy has the tomboy flannel, practical jean skirt look.  Jinger has always looked as if she spent far more time picking out outfits and accessorizing.  And I think Jeremy has said he likes fashion as well, so it is probably a lot of fun for Jinger to have more freedom with her clothing.  And if Jeremy is into it and image,  it is possibly fun for him to help her pick out stuff to wear.  There is nothing wrong with that. 

Yes, I think Jeremy buys into patriarchy.  But I think it will play out differently than in micromanaging how his wife dresses.  Now,  if Jinger showed up in a strapless dress mini dress and 'hooker' heels,  he might object, but I think overall he is not telling her specifically what to wear. 

I think he is probably telling her how to structure her time,  What he expects of her as a preacher's wife, and possibly she has to run household decisions past him. 

One other thought,  I never really thought the crazy dresses and adherence to only wearing skirts was necessarily a JB thing.  I think Michelle was the stricter one about that.  I think if Michelle had been fine with the girls wearing slacks,  I doubt that JB would have refused that.  And it is obvious that both of them have loosened up on the dress code, because at first the boys all wore pressed Khakis and collared shirts.  The girls wore the loose little house on the prairie dresses.  Then the boys got wayyyyy more casual.  Faded jeans, t-shirts and not a pair of khakis in site for years.  And the girls went with more close fitting clothing, shorter skirts (sometimes) and shorter sleeves.  We have seen Anna dress her baby girls in pants and her boys wear shorts.     I think eventually we may the typical duggar dress code loosening up even more for the remaining kids.  Jana, may never wear anything by skirts and dresses because that might just be what she is comfortable with and prefers at this point.  But I think at some point Hannie, Jordyn and Josie will be seen in pants or leggings with tunic style tops if that is still the fashion when they get older. 

I also think the purpose of the dress code is very different now from what it was then.  In the beginning,  the Duggars were very holier than thou.  They wanted to underscore just how different they were from the heathens and how their lifestyle was superior.  They wanted attention drawn to them for how different they were and how much more godly they were.  Well,  eventually,  being different lost its luster.  People couldn't related to them as anything more than an anomaly or a freak show.  So,  It seems as if at some point,  they were allowed to dress more normally, and the emphasis was more about normalizing them, which is a more effective way of drawing people in and because of that is actually worse.  At first, People might say look at that odd family with all the kids dressed alike.  Well they seem nice enough but weird.  I will watch the show, but I don't want to emulate that lifestyle. 

But then as the girls got more beautiful and they looked more and more like a 'normal' family,  People found it easier to relate to them, to want to be like them.  "They are a lot like me but just a bigger family". 

The only way for the show to survive is to make them  relatable.  The Freakshow, now that we know about Josh,  is too uncomfortable.  So make them seem like any other family except in size and downplay some of the oddball religious stuff and patriarchy.  They could do a better and more daring show by showing the truth,  but we all know that won't happen. 

I will be absolutely surprised though,  if Jinger wears these around her parents, or slacks.  If she does,  then I think that might be significant.  It may be significant in that Jinger has more autonomy,  or it might be significant that Jeremy wants JB and M to really see that He is her headship now,  not them, and that he will be doing things differently. 

I think Jeremy seems fine with Michelle, but I do not think he cares much for JB.  So, I sort of hope that Jeremy has a slight passive aggressive streak in how he deals with JB and outwardly flaunts some of the more ridiculous JB-isms or gothardisms.    This will probably not happen though as it seems like all of the son-in-laws eventually just join in the band rather than stand on their own. Derick did for a bit, but then he kind of went a little cray cray.  Ben tows the line, but sometimes dares to listen to rap and have edgy friends.  Jeremy seems more confident and more his own man and then we hear him spouting about seasons of life and other bullshit and we know the malignant nature of gothardism is just starting to spread in him. 

One more thought,  I think Ben's mom and sisters wear pants sometimes and yet Jessa has not, at least not that we know of.  I imagine that is Jessa's choice rather than Ben saying know.  So again,  I think Jeremy may have opened the door for Jinger to wear what she wants, but I don't think he is directing her to wear specific articles of clothing. 

You know what I would LOVE to see from Jinger? Cutting her hair short like Alyssa did! My hair is very similar to Jinger's and it looks cute just above the shoulders. And it's so much easier to do everyday. Maybe she will do it after she has her first baby and it all falls out like mine did :-/ 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived