IGNORED

Bates the 20th

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

If it wasn't a bunch of crap about creationism, I'd go see it too. I love interactive museums and it looks really well made. But when I saw the dinosaurs with goats and other animals I couldn't roll my eyes faster or harder tbh. There's pure scientific proof about the age of fossils and they still deny it. That must be some strong kool aid.

I don't understand the dinosaurs on the arc. How is that possible , why do they think that Is real? I'm so confused. Im so so very confused. 

I'm actually shocked how expensive it is because in Philly we have the Franklin Institute (currently has an exhibit of Jurassic Park and live interactive dinosaurs which I think has been their best exhibit). In the evening?: $20, beforehand? 30 max for an adult.

On 3/10/2017 at 11:06 AM, OyToTheVey said:

There's pure scientific proof about the age of fossils and they still deny it. That must be some strong kool aid.

They were put there by God to test your faith!

I've not been to the Ark Encounter, nor do I intend to go.  It's only educational value is to ask children to spot how many things Ken Hamm got wrong.

However, toilet humor is the way into many a child's heart.   My bolding and note all the "might have's" that Fundies are now quoting as Biblical truth.

ANOTHER MEANING TO POOP DECK

by Ark Encounter on August 24, 2012

Inevitably when speaking about Noah and his floating menagerie, the subject comes around to how he managed all that . . . well, manure. Although ongoing research is continually reducing the total number of animals, as determined by “kinds,” that Noah would have taken with him,

The basic research we did proved that Noah taking 2 of each animal would have sunk the ark.  We are doing on-going research to find out which "kinds" of animal our visitors would most like to see.  That explains the unicorns and the dinosaurs on the ark.  The kids like them.

we must admit this still poses a mounding problem.

Or even a mounting one.

A few solutions come to mind. Noah could have dumped it overboard. Or he might have composted it to enrich the plants he probably brought with them. Or Noah might have just let it pile up in the bottom deck (though adding a certain “ambiance” to their year-long voyage).

Smells and E-coli for starters.

One low-tech solution rarely mentioned is the “methane digester.” All Noah would have needed was a simple airtight container to hold the manure, the proper bacteria, and a way of piping the resulting bio-gas to places where it could perform useful work—like a heating, cooking, and lighting inside the ship.

The gas pipes might have been as basic as hollow reeds sealed with natural latex from the rubber tree, Hevea brasiliensses.

Noah invented rubber!  And knew all about bacteria!

Methane at ambient temperature and pressure is lighter than air and would flow naturally from the lowest point of Noah’s ship (where the digesters would be located), to the decks above, providing reliable gaslight illumination in what must have been an otherwise dark environment.

Or blown them all sky-high in a massive methane explosion. Don't kids ever set fire to their farts anymore ...

The Ark was being designed about 4,450 years ago, when mankind was still highly intelligent (Noah’s ancestor, Adam, possessed a nearly perfect brain as God created him), and Noah could easily have mastered this simple technology.

Well, if people believe the Ark Encounter misinformation - I'll tend to agree that we are getting stupider with each generation.

So basically there are some massive flaws in their Ark story, so they are just going to have Noah invent gas lights and gas stoves, even though God left those things out of His detailed instructions. 

Um...am I the only one whose noticed the pics of Carlin standing in front of a guy?? Well actually all you see are feet. Plus there is another pic of her napping with a bear. I mentioned it on the "unmarried fundies" thread as well. Saw it on the, keeping up with fundies page. To me it looks like Carlin has a secret special friend. 

51 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Um...am I the only one whose noticed the pics of Carlin standing in front of a guy?? Well actually all you see are feet. Plus there is another pic of her napping with a bear. I mentioned it on the "unmarried fundies" thread as well. Saw it on the, keeping up with fundies page. To me it looks like Carlin has a secret special friend. 

I haven't seen tbowe pictures, but a few weeks ago Carlin posted an Instagram story that showed two pairs of feet- presumably hers, and a male's- with a heart drawn on it. There are definitely hints pointing towards her being in the "get to know you" stage.

On 3/4/2017 at 4:42 PM, JillyO said:

I think it's less that she's gone radio silent, and more that no one cares about her any more. ;) From her latest Instagram posts, it looks like she's busy protesting against choice and harassing Indian children (looks like she grifted enough money for her missions trip).

I was wondering about Ashley too.   Frankly, I think she dodged a bullet even if she's still a fundie.   This whole "city girl" versus "country boy" thing that was played up was annoying and frankly if my boyfriend's family had visited my family with the"gosh, shucks, we're in the city now" attitude that was displayed during the visit to NYC episode, I might be glad that both boyfriend and family are out of the picture.

On 3/10/2017 at 9:11 PM, colors_outside15 said:

My hope is that at the very least the older children with families of their own (Zach, Alyssa, Erin) learned that they have to keep lighters away from children. I think Zach and Whitney might actually childproof because of Zach's job, but I'm not sure about the others, especially when they have more than two children each.

I would hope Gil and Kelly learned their lesson, but we all know that will never happen.

I am shaking my head at this episode.  As pointed out accidents do happen but with the Bateseses they strike me as negligent enough that something like this is not too much of a surprise.

Gil is an idiot.  Kelly is an idiot.  With a fire that was severe enough to displace the family for a couple of weeks, Gil should have stuck around and Kelly should have come home stat.   Having a talking to with the two children involved is reasonable just hope that they didn't go overboard with any discipline off screen.   But frankly, with both parents absent after such an event is just irresponsible and it points to how much the kids are not well supervised.  

Gil and Kelly should be around to actually parent their kids.  Not push them off to older children both married and at home.  They are not a paragon of parenthood, far from it.  I can't believe that UP shows this shit. 

I think Ashley was too assertive and worldly by fundie standards The scene at the restaurant with Giil and Kelly spoke volumes. Ashley did most of the talking. I think Nathan loved her, however he was expecting a quiet submissive helpmeet.

40 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I think Ashley was too assertive and worldly by fundie standards The scene at the restaurant with Giil and Kelly spoke volumes. Ashley did most of the talking. I think Nathan loved her, however he was expecting a quiet submissive helpmeet.

I am not at all surprised that things fizzled out.  She definitely was too assertive and worldly for that clan and while I got the vibe that Nathan really liked her and was interested in her, he didn't know what to with someone more assertive.  Have no way of knowing this but I suspect that Gil and Kelly probably discouraged things as well.  The whole family was too worldly for them and given the Bateseses' obvious preference for their children to marry into families more like them, I don't find it too farfetched that they had a hand in things.

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

I am not at all surprised that things fizzled out.  She definitely was too assertive and worldly for that clan and while I got the vibe that Nathan really liked her and was interested in her, he didn't know what to with someone more assertive.  Have no way of knowing this but I suspect that Gil and Kelly probably discouraged things as well.  The whole family was too worldly for them and given the Bateseses' obvious preference for their children to marry into families more like them, I don't find it too farfetched that they had a hand in things.

Please forgive but I just can't get over the fact that there are Christian fundies in NY. The actual "city" part. In NY Ashley is very independent. I imagine she has mastered the subway. The part of TN where the Bates live is nice, quiet, beautiful, peaceful...and boring. Nathan better settle for an authentic country girl.

15 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Please forgive but I just can't get over the fact that there are Christian fundies in NY. The actual "city" part. In NY Ashley is very independant. I imagine she has mastered the subway. The part of TN where the Bates live is nice, quiet, beautiful, peaceful...and boring. Nathan better settle for an authentic country girl.

Actually I hear you.   Navigating the NYC subways is no small feat having done it myself.   Big cities are not fundie free zones but still it's going to take a different type of fundie to live there.  I didn't see things working out between Ashley and Nathan, living where she is she's too independent and outgoing, she has to be.  Not the type of DIL the Bateseses want.   Word has it that they weren't too keen on Whitney at first until she showed she could tow the line.   And she was from the same area with an adoptive father who was a Baptist minister.  No way would they be happy with Ashley.

I'm from NYC, the minute I knew it wouldn't last is when the Bates weren't sure what Asian noodles were. Didn't Erin say they don't even have pasta at home very often. As a native, that's really eye opening. We have like 3 Chinese places on every block. It's a staple. Ashleys 'experienced' too much for Nathan. Even something as 'simple' as food they didn't have in common.

Please forgive but I just can't get over the fact that there are Christian fundies in NY. The actual "city" part. In NY Ashley is very independent. I imagine she has mastered the subway. The part of TN where the Bates live is nice, quiet, beautiful, peaceful...and boring. Nathan better settle for an authentic country girl.

I am not in NYC, but? Not all fundies are as sheltered as the Bates and Duggars.

I work with a pair of Fundy siblings. They are every bit as brainwashed as these "famous"
Versions - but because of life? They live very different lives.

These two are able to do things on their own (although closely monitored.) they work jobs (because there is no reality tv money to support their giant family) and I have even seen the daughter at the mall, alone - she was Christmas shopping for her brothers.

They are just as fundy and crazy as their reality tv counterparts, but they are forced to live in the world somewhat. Because managing a family with 10+ children is pretty difficult, even when you are a stay at home daughter.

1 hour ago, Scribber said:

I am not in NYC, but? Not all fundies are as sheltered as the Bates and Duggars.

I work with a pair of Fundy siblings. They are every bit as brainwashed as these "famous"
Versions - but because of life? They live very different lives.

These two are able to do things on their own (although closely monitored.) they work jobs (because there is no reality tv money to support their giant family) and I have even seen the daughter at the mall, alone - she was Christmas shopping for her brothers.

They are just as fundy and crazy as their reality tv counterparts, but they are forced to live in the world somewhat. Because managing a family with 10+ children is pretty difficult, even when you are a stay at home daughter.

Thanks for thd info. I guess the only thing Nathan and Ashley had in common...was being Christian. Oposites attract all the time and some how thrive. This was the case with them for a while at least. I was very shocked because I thought Nathan would be the last Bates boy to court outside of his race. His family appeared to be close to her while it lasted. Oh well.

In today's bow competition, Alyssa has scored a point with me and Erin ... has not. Lexi looks happy; Brooklyn looks like she might actually be growing a flower from her head. :my_confused:

IMG_6483.PNG

IMG_6487.PNG

Carlin is hinting on instagram again about a "secret special" friend. Guess UP is not as strict with any info that would bring suspense for the next season. If things go well, the Bates might be marrying off 2 more girls by the beginning of next year.

46 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Carlin is hinting on instagram again about a "secret special" friend. Guess UP is not as strict with any info that would bring suspense for the next season. If things go well, the Bates might be marrying off 2 more girls by the beginning of next year.

Yep, here's the insta about it. (It's a public account.) Any ideas about who this guy is??

IMG_1295.PNG

Just now, ModestisHottest said:

Yep, here's the insta about it. (It's a public account.) Any ideas about who this guy is??

IMG_1295.PNG

One person commented "Her daddy." :my_sick:

2 minutes ago, luxfilia said:

One person commented "Her daddy." :my_sick:

She's just trying to make Joe duggar jealous lol. Sticking to my theory.

20 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I don't think so ... the relatives who commented made it sound very couple-y. Michael said, "Love this! (Heart eyes)" and her cousin said, "Y'all are the absolute cutest!! (Heart)". Carlin's talked numerous times about not wanting Tori to leave and gotten teary-eyed about that impending move to Florida. I think the thought of Tori leaving could make Carlin want to court even more than she had previously. 

I think Tori will get married this summer and before January, Carlin and Trace will both have announced at least courtships if not another engagement by then.

33 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Who wants to bet it's one of those guys in her June 12 post!? Can't really see their faces but the one with the glasses looks kinda cute and  athletic. Too bad for her if he attends Crown. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived