IGNORED

Bates the 20th

choralcrusader8613

I think it falls on the woman's family to keep her pure/safe/accountable so even if there are 30 other people there she still gets a minder from her own family. 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

How do we know that they've been courting for a few months?  Could be like the Tori situation where they were in the getting to know you stage for a year.  I think this ski trip happened in early January so it's possible they've already started a courtship but my guess is Tori and Bobby will announce an engagement before Carlin and Evan will.

Funny how both Duggars and Bates have 4 married "kids" then Tori has a courtship, Duggars one up with a Joy engagement and a Joe courtship and now it looks like possibly two more Bates courtships with Tori close to engagement.  I know there's no real competition and it's just 'the season of life' they're all in.

Two or three Bates with special friends bc I've noticed whenever Carlin is with Evan, Josie is close by with his brother. What do y'all think could there be a double courtship (is that the right term)

11 minutes ago, Fighter said:

Two or three Bates with special friends bc I've noticed whenever Carlin is with Evan, Josie is close by with his brother. What do y'all think could there be a double courtship (is that the right term)

My god. How old is Josie? Didn't she just get her braces off? 

Just now, BeccaGrim said:

My god. How old is Josie? Didn't she just get her braces off? 

Josie will be 18 this August. Sorry I thought she was already 18.

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I think it falls on the woman's family to keep her pure/safe/accountable so even if there are 30 other people there she still gets a minder from her own family. 

I agree with this.  I think he was there to represent his family in watching Campbell's purity.

@justmy2cents I'm sorry, I wrote the wrong kid's name.  I meant that Tori and Bobby should be getting engaged soon. I know that Carlin has not announced a courtship. Of course, that may happen this week. :my_smile:

4 minutes ago, JMO said:

@justmy2cents I'm sorry, I wrote the wrong kid's name.  I meant that Tori and Bobby should be getting engaged soon. I know that Carlin has not announced a courtship. Of course, that may happen this week. :my_smile:

In that case I agree with you, on all counts.

I predict 3 courtship announcements by the end of summer: Trace/Campbell Roberts, Carlin/Evan Stewart, Josie/Ethan Stewart. Tori/Bobby will announce their engagement soon.

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

I predict 3 courtship announcements by the end of summer: Trace/Campbell Roberts, Carlin/Evan Stewart, Josie/Ethan Stewart. Tori/Bobby will announce their engagement soon.

Gil's probably pushing them through while he still has UP to pay for the weddings. 

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

And I'm sorry but Josie is so young. I know Alyssa was too. But, this is just so hard for me to picture.  She just got her braces off. AHHH. 

2 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I agree. At first glance, Campbell looks like Whitney. Glad to see Campbell didn't feel the need to wear a skirt over her ski pants. Also, Campbell is really clunky as a first name.

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Gil's probably pushing them through while he still has UP to pay for the weddings. 

And I'm sorry but Josie is so young. I know Alyssa was too. But, this is just so hard for me to picture.  She just got her braces off. AHHH. 

Sigh...sorry I'm never happy when I hear this. In our world it's just young girls hanging out with a guy they are crushing on at the moment. In their world...it leads to a much bigger deal. And I'm mostly refering to Josie and Carlin. I had already predicted Trace would snatch up a Roberts chic. Can someone up here tell how the Bates got to know the Roberts family in the first place?? This means there will probably be some interaction with the weird Morton clan if there are weddings in the future. Oh man....

Just now, Tangy Bee said:

Sigh...sorry I'm never happy when I hear this. In our world it's just young girls hanging out with a guy they are crushing on at the moment. In their world...it leads to a much bigger deal. And I'm mostly refering to Josie and Carlin. I had already predicted Trace would snatch up a Roberts chic. Can someone up here tell how the Bates got to know the Roberts family in the first place?? This means there will probably be some interaction with the weird Morton clan if there are weddings in the future. Oh man....

Do they all go to Big Sandy in Texas? 

22 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

This means there will probably be some interaction with the weird Morton clan if there are weddings in the future.

I am a huge SMorton fan and I very much hope for this!!  Honestly, looking at all of them the Mortons are not any weirder than the rest of them and have also been acclimating more moderate in appearances and viewing habits in the past few years.  They still all believe the same shit. I thinks it's the influence of younger fundie families like the Roberts and the Campanas as well as less influence from the Smiths.  (Esp seeing how Capn Brett no longer has any influence.) Maybe a wedding would widen the dating pool for Addie!  Does Chad have a sweet older single brother???  

Can someone point me to a thread that keeps track of who's who among the Bateses?  I've followed them and the Duggars off and on (I don't watch much TV - it tends to come in short binges here and there) and now that folks in both families are getting married and starting their own families, I keep getting confused on who's who. 

52 minutes ago, JMO said:

Does Chad have a sweet older single brother???

Chad's brother Nate is 26/27.  I think he may be single.  Thought it might be a possibility for Jana though I wouldn't wish Dr. Paine as a FIL on her.

31 minutes ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

Can someone point me to a thread that keeps track of who's who among the Bateses?  I've followed them and the Duggars off and on (I don't watch much TV - it tends to come in short binges here and there) and now that folks in both families are getting married and starting their own families, I keep getting confused on who's who. 

I can't find a thread like that but this wikipedia page has all the kids listed along with spouses and their children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bringing_Up_Bates

I finally watched last week's episode.  Lawson's voice was worse than previously. This was a total bottom feeder episode.  What a waste of 30 minutes.  

6 hours ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

@justmy2cents Thanks!  I know (or know of) some folks in reformed circles but I have trouble keeping track of some of the other folks mentioned on here.

You can also try Fruit of the Womb, although it's only up-to-date through October 2016.  http://www.fruitofthewomb.freejinger.org/

16 hours ago, faraway said:

That scene at the ski rental - I don't blame Alyssa for leaving when she did.

Do tell.... we are in Australia and only up the Nashley courtship eps. Sigh.

11 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I agree. At first glance, Campbell looks like Whitney. Glad to see Campbell didn't feel the need to wear a skirt over her ski pants. Also, Campbell is really clunky as a first name.

I will always think of soup when I hear or see Campbell! There is a Campbell soup  factory by my cousins house! Plus it's also my mothers favorite type of soup! So it's always in our cabinet!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived