IGNORED

Bates the 20th

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I think Evan is trying very hard to look cool. That pic of him with his family scares the shit out of me. I'm telling ya, this is nothing to celebrate. Until I see him on TV or listen to him talk...look at mannerisms etc. This could be a Joy & Austin or...David & Priscilla. Somebody PLEASE tell me I'm wrong. This time I want to be wrong.

Dang...I think I got my 1st -1. Oh well, I guess I had it coming.

On 3/15/2017 at 11:27 AM, halcionne said:

That's Gil, for sure:

Screen Shot 03-15-17 at 09.22 AM.PNG

I just cannot get over the fact that they actually wore skirts over their ski clothes.  That is the stupidest, most ridiculous, and flat-out dangerous thing they could put on for a ski event.  That is not modest or traditional or "Godly".   That is just pure stupidity.  

On March 15, 2017 at 0:27 PM, halcionne said:

That's Gil, for sure:

Screen Shot 03-15-17 at 09.22 AM.PNG

I keep giggling at the person right behind them, photobombing in the blue coat and balaclava. We can't see their face, but I can just feel them thinking "what the actual fuck is up with those people and their weird snow skirts?!"

Tonight's episode was all about Lawson's show in Mount Airy, North Carolina where Emily Ann Roberts joined him.  Her singing emphasizes how much his is lacking.  Next week is the ski trip.  We'll probably be introduced to Carlin's special friend. 

I hate to say it, but I feel like Carlin will follow in Alyssa's footsteps & drop all her in-person and on-line college classes ASAP to plan her wedding.

[as if some of us weren't able to plan our weddings while working full time jobs]

PS I am guessing that the picture is at this Tex-mex restaurant north of Nashville: https://www.yelp.com/biz/joses-mexican-restaurant-greenbrier

I hadn't watched last night and now that I know it's all about Lawson's music career again I don't know if I ever will.  Those episodes are so painful and boring.  This is a never ending season.  The Duggars had like half of the number of episodes.  

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I hadn't watched last night and now that I know it's all about Lawson's music career again I don't know if I ever will.  Those episodes are so painful and boring.  This is a never ending season.  The Duggars had like half of the number of episodes.  

Yeah, they're pushing his music hard but it's just not that good.  Their seasons are really long.  Wonder if we'll get to see 'I love you day' before it wraps up.

Lawson's singing is mediocre and has not improved at all.  His audience was largely teenage girls and young women in their twenties who probably have crushes on him.   I was appalled that he forgot the lyrics to a song he wrote during his previous concert that was on the show.  I am done with the nonstop episodes devoted to his fledgling singing career.

On 3/16/2017 at 4:17 PM, faraway said:

Carlin finally showed his face in her instastory. I believe it's him and his sister, the girl who's sitting between Josie and Ma Stewart(?). These guys (Evan and Edgar) look so hipsterish and non-fundie to me. Is there such a thing as a metro-fundie? :pb_lol:

A lot of the younger 2nd/3rd generation fundies are like that-- especially the Robertses, Campanas, and Deckers. If you stalk their IGs, they come across as normal people in their early twenties, until you realize that they're the eldest of roughly eight bazillion kids, are all married, have kids of their own, and hold weird religious views. 

Weren't we speculating a few weeks ago that one of the Roberts daughters (Campbell?) was courting Trace Bates? 

It was a. rumor started by a post here. There was no confirmation.

So I finally figured out I have UP and got caught up on the show.  I had always thought that Lawson was an average singer and would/could make a living as a performer in a Branson style show.  These last few episode though make me rethink my original assessment.  He's so flat and off key.  On the other hand Zach does a much better job of wrangling his siblings than his parents do.  

On 3/18/2017 at 7:47 PM, JesusCampSongs said:

A lot of the younger 2nd/3rd generation fundies are like that-- especially the Robertses, Campanas, and Deckers. If you stalk their IGs, they come across as normal people in their early twenties, until you realize that they're the eldest of roughly eight bazillion kids, are all married, have kids of their own, and hold weird religious views. 

Weren't we speculating a few weeks ago that one of the Roberts daughters (Campbell?) was courting Trace Bates? 

The video just posted by IzzyM mentions that Trace invited Campbell (and Edgar but my money is on chaperone duty there - Edgar is 28 and Trace is 19).

2 hours ago, IzzyM said:

http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/bringing-up-bates-weathering-heights/

A sneak peek from the next episode, featuring Evan Stewart, Campbell and Edgar Roberts.

They had ALL the special friends there.  I'm interested in seeing this episode.  But the clip will probably turn out to be the most interesting part.   I'm wondering if Carlin is getting engaged soon.  It's been a few months since they started courting. 

1 hour ago, JMO said:

They had ALL the special friends there.  I'm interested in seeing this episode.  But the clip will probably turn out to be the most interesting part.   I'm wondering if Carlin is getting engaged soon.  It's been a few months since they started courting. 

How do we know that they've been courting for a few months?  Could be like the Tori situation where they were in the getting to know you stage for a year.  I think this ski trip happened in early January so it's possible they've already started a courtship but my guess is Tori and Bobby will announce an engagement before Carlin and Evan will.

Funny how both Duggars and Bates have 4 married "kids" then Tori has a courtship, Duggars one up with a Joy engagement and a Joe courtship and now it looks like possibly two more Bates courtships with Tori close to engagement.  I know there's no real competition and it's just 'the season of life' they're all in.

*Admins, please take down if not okay**

In the preview for next week, Carlin has brought a friend named Evan on their ski trip. Even the blog is predicting a courtship. Anyone know who Evan from Nashville is? 

2 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

The video just posted by IzzyM mentions that Trace invited Campbell (and Edgar but my money is on chaperone duty there - Edgar is 28 and Trace is 19).

Why would Campbell need an additional Chaperone in a group of over 30 people?

I keep thinking about that conversation Lawson had with Gil and their grandfather about how he's courting music.  The Bates are really moving through getting married, fast.  The Duggars still have Jana and JD up there unwed,  and then a slew of boys.  I think after Joe and Joy-Anna the Duggars will slow.  But the Bates are going to keep moving through. Nathan will likely find someone new soon and if Trace is going than with the exception of courting his music Lawson they'll all be married.

50 minutes ago, Fighter said:

Why would Campbell need an additional Chaperone in a group of over 30 people?

I think it's kind of like having a pool party for kids. Even though there's 30 adults at the party- you need to have (at least) one person that is solely dedicated to watching for pool safety situations/drowning kids. 

Edgar had to go because what if everyone else was just distracted enjoying their day and Trace and Campbell decided to rip their clothes off and go at it right there on the mountain? With Edgar, he has ONE job. 

3 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I think it's kind of like having a pool party for kids. Even though there's 30 adults at the party- you need to have (at least) one person that is solely dedicated to watching for pool safety situations/drowning kids. 

Edgar had to go because what if everyone else was just distracted enjoying their day and Trace and Campbell decided to rip their clothes off and go at it right there on the mountain? With Edgar, he has ONE job. 

Well he did post that one pic on Instagram that neither Trace nor Campbell are in. Guess he did take his eyes off of them for a few seconds, hope it wasn't too long!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived