IGNORED

Bates the 20th

choralcrusader8613

5 hours ago, Kira said:

@edgarbenfritz is Edgar Roberts

Was it Edgar or his brother Willie that had a failed courtship? 

ETA: Fritz is their father's name.

This would make sense since ben means "son of" in Hebrew. Most names in the Hebrew bible are written as [name] ben [fathers name]

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

This would explain Carlin tagging along with Lawson to Nashville. It wasn't just to stand in for Emily Ann.

I hope you guys don't beat me up but he has a "girlie" face. If this is true I'm very disappointed. From the looks of that family pic...they are not "cool" fundies. Why do I get the feeling this is another Joy & Austin situation. Dang...

13 hours ago, fish_ca said:

If I'm not mistaken Tim was there too.

Wait, do you mean Tim the rapist, Tabitha's fiance? Over in QFoS we were hoping he was kicked to the curb. :\

5 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Wait, do you mean Tim the rapist, Tabitha's fiance? Over in QFoS we were hoping he was kicked to the curb. :\

It seems that he's perfectly fine basking in the ambience (far right)

isthatyoutim.jpg

Thanks! Is that an older photo or from the last couple weeks? It's too fucked up how the Bates and Paines keep exposing their kids to unrepentant sexual predators.

On 3/13/2017 at 11:23 AM, Tangy Bee said:

Please forgive but I just can't get over the fact that there are Christian fundies in NY. The actual "city" part. In NY Ashley is very independent. I imagine she has mastered the subway. The part of TN where the Bates live is nice, quiet, beautiful, peaceful...and boring. Nathan better settle for an authentic country girl.

This is an older post, but I did want to point out that "boring" is subjective. Many people would be perfectly content living in the country and would find it far from boring.

I do think you make an excellent point about why Nashley ultimately ended things though. I don't think she would have been happy in the country, he wouldn't be happy in the city, and neither would enjoy the suburbs. I don't give many of these people much credit, but I do I think Nashley made the right call in is instance. Better to break things off (temporarily or permanently) rather than marry and find out these things are massive obstacles to your joint happiness.

(And I'm just going to combing the couples names from now on. Because I'm lazy and it's easier.)

11 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Thanks! Is that an older photo or from the last couple weeks? It's too fucked up how the Bates and Paines keep exposing their kids to unrepentant sexual predators.

To anyone still convinced the Bateses can't be as bad as the Duggars - this. Exactly this. 

That does look like Gil but it's hard to tell. Looking at the little boys and younger girls that must be a recent picture. 

I looked at the pic on IG. That's definitely Gil. Also, I forgot that the Roberts are friends with the SMortanas. Carlin needs to make this public instead of just vague posting pics of them eating ice cream sundaes. I NEED a televised wedding with the SMortanas in attendance!!! And then pics of Carlin at future Morton weddings.  

Who is that guy between Josie and Carlin? I don't recognize him?

4 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I believe it's Evan's brother Ethan.

so, tell me again how they're fine with pants? they're wearing skirts over fricken snow pants. there's no way they can spin it as 'oh, someone might see the outline of their thighs, or butt' because... no.

Fine with pants in that they don't see it as a moral failure. So their daughter marrying a fundie family and wearing pants like plenty of other fundies, even ATI fundies isn't that huge of a deal. Sure they might prefer skirts only, but it is probably like the ear piercing thing, something Gil and Kelly wait for a husband to decide.  

Pants are very acceptable within their fundie circle. 

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

Edgar Roberts, the owner of the instagram it came from.

Thanks for identifying the people in the photo, fam. The idea that someone as gross as Tim is given access not only to Tabitha but to all her siblings and in-laws was freaking me out! I'm glad that wasn't the case here.

32 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

The skirts over the snow pants are killing me. So ridiculous.

exactly. it's ridiculous. it's not for modesty because every body looks the same in snow gear - puffy. there's no seeing curves or whatever, no matter how hard you look. so the skirt is clearly not for that reason. all it does is create more laundry. completely unnecessary.

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Fine with pants in that they don't see it as a moral failure. So their daughter marrying a fundie family and wearing pants like plenty of other fundies, even ATI fundies isn't that huge of a deal. Sure they might prefer skirts only, but it is probably like the ear piercing thing, something Gil and Kelly wait for a husband to decide.

Once more into the breeches, dear friend, once more.
Don't close thine eyes up to these skirtsian threads.
In truth there's nothing so becomes a woman
As "modest" knowledge and persistency.
So when the blasts of stubborn ignorance go on for years,
You imitate the actions of the tiger! 

My deep apologies to the Bard of Avon because I forget pretty much all the rest.

I think it ends something like:

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the snark. The pants again!
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge,
Cry - For Gothard's sake, Bates fans! Trousers are OK!

Thanks for all the hard work. :)

19 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

exactly. it's ridiculous. it's not for modesty because every body looks the same in snow gear - puffy. there's no seeing curves or whatever, no matter how hard you look. so the skirt is clearly not for that reason. all it does is create more laundry. completely unnecessary.

Not to mention a safety hazard,  At this point, like w/ the Duggar's the wearing of the skirts is an attention grab. They want to be pointed out and have people say  "look how stupid modest those girls are, I want to be Godly like them"

It looks like tonight's show will feature more of Lawson's singing.  He is a mediocre performer that has not improved over time.  

I  was appalled that he forgot the lyrics to a song that he wrote during a recent episode.  I am done with them promoting his music career on the show.

On March 14, 2017 at 3:37 PM, SuhrEnity said:

I'm not an Alyssa fan at all! I'm not sure why but she rubs me the wrong way. I like Carlin and Josie and Katie I don't mind either.

Alyssa's nasal voice grates on me.  She has no personality and is dull as dishwater.  

Carlin finally showed his face in her instastory. I believe it's him and his sister, the girl who's sitting between Josie and Ma Stewart(?). These guys (Evan and Edgar) look so hipsterish and non-fundie to me. Is there such a thing as a metro-fundie? :pb_lol:

36 minutes ago, faraway said:

Carlin finally showed his face in her instastory. I believe it's him and his sister, the girl who's sitting between Josie and Ma Stewart(?). These guys (Evan and Edgar) look so hipsterish and non-fundie to me. Is there such a thing as a metro-fundie? :pb_lol:

I think Evan is trying very hard to look cool. That pic of him with his family scares the shit out of me. I'm telling ya, this is nothing to celebrate. Until I see him on TV or listen to him talk...look at mannerisms etc. This could be a Joy & Austin or...David & Priscilla. Somebody PLEASE tell me I'm wrong. This time I want to be wrong.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived