IGNORED

Bates the 20th

choralcrusader8613

22 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

where are you viewing?!

Foxtel (pay tv). Funnily enough its on the TLC channel here though. 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

I would like to know the secret to organising such big weddings in under 3 months.

Like here, ordering a wedding dress they tell you it has to be done 6-8 months in advance!

Some churches and venues book out a year in advance too!

I mean, I'm actually really all for the idea of a short engagement rather than some year and a half long planning expedition. (But I'm also for dating and knowing someone for several years before getting married!)

It really isn't that hard, you buy a dress off the rack, all boutiques have sample & canceled order dresses laying around to sell. You can go to David's Bridal,  you take the dress the day you buy it, that is what my sister did.  My sister got married in 5 months, I got married in 6, I ordered a wedding dress it took 4 months to come in and it was considered a "rush" so we paid a little more, not a lot it only sped it up by 4 weeks. but this gave 8 weeks for alterations.  We had no problem finding a church, in September, but we did have a hard time finding a reception site so my mom didn't get her 1st 3 choices, but it worked out. And yes I said my mom, this was HER wedding, I wanted to elope. We got the last slot for the cake maker we wanted, and the last slot for the florist we wanted that day, we found a photographer and Dj easily, it isn't hard to plan if you are flexible on where you want it and who does what. If you have your heart set on this location and this caterer and this florist, etc... you are going to have to plan out over year in advance. One of my bff's growing up had an 18 month engagement, because she wanted very specific things It also helps to live near a larger city, when you are in a small town your options are very limited so it will take longer 

What a coincidence that she started teasing everyone on instagram with this right before the episode airs.

I can't handle the Bateses and their bffs. Like, they're too much for my brain. They remind me of high school kids all giddy about homecoming, prom, whether Tyler has a crush on Taylor, who's dating who, where they're going on Saturday night. You know, like this gigantic, loud, obnoxious crowd of teenagers who screech and holler and jump on each other in the mall and block half the food court and keep looking to make sure everyone's paying attention to them so they can show off how cool and fun they are and how much fun they have with their super cool fun friends! Except after they're done at the mall they all immediately pair off and get married and start having babies! So fun! :pb_eek:

@allthegoodnamesrgoneWgether you can being be the dress home that day seems to vary. Former friend had to special order her's from David's because it was a mermaid type gown - the sample very rarely fits anyone well enough to take home the same day. I was able to take mine though because it was an A-line. If I remember right, it took just a few weeks to have the alterations finished - so, like you said, for a Fundie Bride (or a Bride who just doesn't want a long engagement) it is possible. You'd just need to really consider the time frame, style, and how well the dress already fits off the rack.

26 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

What a coincidence that she started teasing everyone on instagram with this right before the episode airs.

I can't handle the Bateses and their bffs. Like, they're too much for my brain. They remind me of high school kids all giddy about homecoming, prom, whether Tyler has a crush on Taylor, who's dating who, where they're going on Saturday night. You know, like this gigantic, loud, obnoxious crowd of teenagers who screech and holler and jump on each other in the mall and block half the food court and keep looking to make sure everyone's paying attention to them so they can show off how cool and fun they are and how much fun they have with their super cool fun friends! Except after they're done at the mall they all immediately pair off and get married and start having babies! So fun! :pb_eek:

This may be my all-time favorite explanation about the Bateses. :pb_lol:

41 minutes ago, Mrs. Figg said:

https://instagram.com/p/BR_El9LglFe/

IMG_1830.PNG

I kinda hope it's a puppy or goat. 

It's not. It's a guy.

And for the record, I enjoyed seeing that black eye on Gil a bit too much. I fully admit I'm a horrible human being. But so is he. So it evens out.

Aw snap. I'm out of it or maybe just lazy cuz I should have read this thread before starting the new one about Carlin's friend. My bad. For some reason I thought this was about being the 20th Bates. You know...that competition they had to hang out. Oops. Feel free to merge Admins!

13 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Remember they're not allowed to be alone together either. In fact Josh and Anna are a perfect example of my biggest problem with their relationship model. People are different alone vs. with other people. People change after they've been together awhile and they're no long trying to impress each other.  I always think back to my first relationship. He seemed so sweet to me for the first few months but it went downhill quickly. Looking back I can now see the he acted and treated me even during the times I thought he was sweet were not right. But at the time it was my first relationship. I didn't know what to look for

I dated a (much) older guy my senior year in high school- I thought he was perfect, until I found out he was lying about something fairly major. I broke up with him and he had a full on break with reality a month later. I have MUCH sympathy for mental illness, but that doesn't mean it was my responsibility to take care of him/get him help at 18, kwim? Whenever I see a 16-20yr old dating a guy 6-10 years older, little warning bells start going off... if girls his own age are running the opposite direction, there just might be a reason! 

1 hour ago, Mayluka said:

Carlin seems to be revealing her boyfriend bit by bit. First his feet, then a hand, and now his back.

IMG_6449.PNG

I have a theory. I must really not feel like working. If you look at the commenter kaystew92 and her comment itself, it implies maybe she took the pic. On her profile there's a link to a ministry page. I think this guy, Evan Stewart, might be the fella. Just a theory. Guess I'll get back to work now. 

IMG_1831.PNG

IMG_1832.PNG

I dated a (much) older guy my senior year in high school- I thought he was perfect, until I found out he was lying about something fairly major. I broke up with him and he had a full on break with reality a month later. I have MUCH sympathy for mental illness, but that doesn't mean it was my responsibility to take care of him/get him help at 18, kwim? Whenever I see a 16-20yr old dating a guy 6-10 years older, little warning bells start going off... if girls his own age are running the opposite direction, there just might be a reason! 

When I was in high school, my parents would not me to date someone more than 2 years older than me.

Just now, RosyDaisy said:

When I was in high school, my parents would not me to date someone more than 2 years older than me.

I didn't tell them, I was pretty much terrible to my parents from 14-18. Once I went to college and had to pay for things, they suddenly were fun to hang out with again! My mom just laughs because I now have 3 girls... hopefully they take after my husband- he was a total geek who just played a lot of Nintendo! 

56 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

It's not. It's a guy.

And for the record, I enjoyed seeing that black eye on Gil a bit too much. I fully admit I'm a horrible human being. But so is he. So it evens out.

Nah I do too. Anytime I find myself started to like the Bates or think positively of them, like their seemingly more lax than the Duggars courtships rules or, say, Gil having a black eye for example, I remember that this man sent his teenage daughter to another country with a man he not only knew but had helped cover up the fact had sexually abused countless women and girls.

He deserves more than a black eye.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm glad you were able to enjoy that! I'm on a laptop, so the picture of Gil's face being such a close up took up my entire screen and I nearly vomited everywhere at work. Blech...

59 minutes ago, Mrs. Figg said:

I have a theory. I must really not feel like working. If you look at the commenter kaystew92 and her comment itself, it implies maybe she took the pic. On her profile there's a link to a ministry page. I think this guy, Evan Stewart, might be the fella. Just a theory. Guess I'll get back to work now. 

We figured out it was Evan Stewart when she posted the picture of that sundae a week ago.  That and the ski trip pictures leave very little doubt.

The Bates are very good at drumming up interest and advertising their show. They make the Duggars and TLC look like amateurs. 

1 minute ago, justmy2cents said:

We figured out it was Evan Stewart when she posted the picture of that sundae a week ago.  That and the ski trip pictures leave very little doubt.

The Bates are very good at drumming up interest and advertising their show. They make the Duggars and TLC look like amateurs. 

Dammit! I suck today. Just ignore me. I'm crawling back into my hole. 

Just now, Mrs. Figg said:

Dammit! I suck today. Just ignore me. I'm crawling back into my hole. 

No no, just goes to show how good so many FJ members are at sleuthing. The CIA should hire us.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Couldn't agree more, they remind me of a sunday school class gone wrong. Like in one moment they're all sitting there with their bibles and being all giddy and all of a sudden they're married and expecting.

On a more serious note, I think their awakening will happen in the years to come. Right now it's all fun and cute and they're in love and having babies, but I'll see them with their 6th or 16th. All those things people haven't worked on before they got married will start to come out as real life hits them in the face. Josh and Anna are the only one of these couples that has been married for a substantial amount of time and has lived under the pressure of >2 kids. We all saw how that went and I'm not saying that's every fundie couple's future but a lot of mental growth happens in your 20s. By the time a fundie kid reflects on their own upbringing and possibly disagrees with certain things, they might already be surrounded by a gaggle of children.

18 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

How old is this Even dude? Is he quite a bit older than Carlin? Is she even 19 yet?

4 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

How old is this Even dude? Is he quite a bit older than Carlin? Is she even 19 yet?

Someone said he was 21.  Carlin will be 19 in about 2 weeks.  

16 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

No no, just goes to show how good so many FJ members are at sleuthing. The CIA should hire us.

Wasn't someone just criticizing a few weeks ago for speculated courtships based on IG pictures? I remember them saying something like "how many times have you accurately predicted a courtship based on pictures on IG"

Well from my recollection FJ had deduced the following courtships from IG pictures:

1. Jill Duggar and mystery man in front of bus (later revealed to be Derick)
  2. Nathan Bates and Ashley
  3. Joe Duggar and a Caldwell girl (later revealed to be Kendra)
  4. Carlin Bates and Evan

We'll have to see about Trace and Campbell but they may be added to the list too.

Did I miss any? Or get any wrong?

20 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Wasn't someone just criticizing a few weeks ago for speculated courtships based on IG pictures? I remember them saying something like "how many times have you accurately predicted a courtship based on pictures on IG"

Well from my recollection FJ had deduced the following courtships from IG pictures:

1. Jill Duggar and mystery man in front of bus (later revealed to be Derick)
  2. Nathan Bates and Ashley
  3. Joe Duggar and a Caldwell girl (later revealed to be Kendra)
  4. Carlin Bates and Evan

We'll have to see about Trace and Campbell but they may be added to the list too.

Did I miss any? Or get any wrong?

So far, so good.  Bobby managed to fly under the radar but there was a slight suspicion when we saw someone from behind sitting next to Tori during one viewing of their show.  We let that one drop pretty quickly but now we know it must have been him.

We do have a good track record but we did suspect a few that didn't materialize also.  Could be nothing was there at all or there was a friendship stage that didn't progress, we'll never know.  Jinger with Lawson and Joe with Tori/Carlin.

To be fair though, someone on Instagram found him.

I don't follow the Batesssssssss topics as much as I do others, but moderators can I suggest a title for Batesssssss 21.  How about ...

Batessssss Forever 21.

Okay yea, it is lame and I can't believe I put this much thought into the Duggar/Bates freak shows, but it is a good diversion from real life which sucks right now. I also get some laughs from you guys.  Thanks:my_biggrin:

12 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Have the Bates ever attended VF events? When did they become friends of th Roberts who are VF?

I'm sorry but what does VF stand for?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived