IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

When I announced my son's sex it was more creative than a freaking 4T size outfit. It's not hard to make a cute announcement especially when it's for "your brand". These fucking people lol. 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Isn't it strange how Jill could raise all those "buddies" yet she either cannot or will not properly take care of her own son?

And Derick looks ill. He hasn't looked healthy since he had jaw surgery.

I really believe Jill is the poster child for what's wrong with this movement. She excelled in a situation where she had very specific duties but the decision making, direction, and overall responsibility was to her parents. She lived by the rules and could implement the rules for other. As soon as she's required to be independent and deal with all the unexpected situations and decisions life throws her direction she has no idea how to cope or handle things. 

3 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

Good. May they have 15 boys and zero girls.

Isn't there some spell we can cast to assure that the Duggar daughters only have sons? It's not malicious because they'll get the mega-families they always wanted; there'll just be no sister-moms. And, according to their doctrine, they'll joyfully accept it.

6 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I really believe Jill is the poster child for what's wrong with this movement. She excelled in a situation where she had very specific duties but the decision making, direction, and overall responsibility was to her parents. She lived by the rules and could implement the rules for other. As soon as she's required to be independent and deal with all the unexpected situations and decisions life throws her direction she has no idea how to cope or handle things. 

She's technically supposed to look to her headship for everything now but I doubt Derrick is up to the task. 

Let them keep having boys.   They might have to teach the boys to be brother dads.

At least they aren't saying,"It might be twins.   You never know."

When we first met Derrick a few years ago I thought he was an intelligent person who had his crap somewhat together.  Bin was the joke who had nothing going for himself and everything he said sounded like 'doh.  He was really just a dumb horny kid who had some growing up to do.  Now it is the other way around.  Not saying Bin has a got going on but it is at least something.  

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Derrick: people magazine is coming over to take our picture for a gender reveal. Should we put on some shoes?

Jill: nah. Grab an outfit out of Izzy's closet. We will just hold it up.

Derrick: I know. I'll wear a cowboy hat. 

Jill: totally.

I honestly don't understand the snarking about no shoes. I would never wear shoes inside the place I live. They would just track in all the dirt/germs/grossness from outside.  Shoes are for outside or public places, as far as I'm concerned.  

Hey y'all, first time poster much respect to all for standing up to multiple mind fucks/duggars. I've had jaw surgery 4 times. First time around 14 years....this is a period of time where your brain is still developing and proprioception is sensitive. My first surgery was met with "holy shit why do you look different, fuck what happened to you,?
Jaw surgery changes your face. Vertically especially . With derrick, he obviously had a narrow upper pallate. I don't know the specifics but it looks like he had upper jaw surgery with the intention of expanding his upper jaw. Straight up it SUCKS.....you don't regain sensation for at least 3 months and if you don't then it's gone forever. I don't appreciate nor approve of j-derrick but I empathize with derrick....just imagine living with a different face all of a sudden

1 minute ago, werewolfbarmitzvah said:

Hey y'all, first time poster much respect to all for standing up to multiple mind fucks/duggars. I've had jaw surgery 4 times. First time around 14 years....this is a period of time where your brain is still developing and proprioception is sensitive. My first surgery was met with "holy shit why do you look different, fuck what happened to you,?
Jaw surgery changes your face. Vertically especially . With derrick, he obviously had a narrow upper pallate. I don't know the specifics but it looks like he had upper jaw surgery with the intention of expanding his upper jaw. Straight up it SUCKS.....you don't regain sensation for at least 3 months and if you don't then it's gone forever. I don't appreciate nor approve of j-derrick but I empathize with derrick....just imagine living with a different face all of a sudden

Definitely. In high school I had a friend who had surgery to bring her upper jaw forward and it was brutal. She had to eat through a straw for weeks and it took nearly a year for the swelling to go down completely. In particular, her upper lip area (over the jaw) was so swollen that it appeared to protrude a lot more than it did. (Of course one of the first things she heard going back to school was that it made her look like a monkey. >:( ) Though her face only looked slightly different to the average person once she was fully recovered, I imagine that it was still a shock to her because she's the most familiar with her face out of anyone.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Derrick: people magazine is coming over to take our picture for a gender reveal. Should we put on some shoes?

If they never open their mouths they could move to Portland and blend right in. These two have to stick out a turd in a punch bowl. 

45 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

I honestly don't understand the snarking about no shoes. I would never wear shoes inside the place I live. They would just track in all the dirt/germs/grossness from outside.  Shoes are for outside or public places, as far as I'm concerned.  

If you were sending a photo to be in People magazine wouldn't you slap some shoes on though? That's the thing. They're putting this picture out there for thousands of people to see. Make yourself presentable.

Look at Alyssa Webster right now. She dolled herself up after having a baby. Sure, she looks like she wants nothing more than to sit down but she made an effort. These two didn't. 

Definitely, it's a hard thing to walk through as an adolescent. Especially when you're naturally self-conscious etc. Jaw surgery isn't like getting your wisdom teeth out. The intention is to provide greater chewing and adaptational functioning, however, many times your appearance or what makes you "look like you" changes in the process.
.Yes, derrick looks different. And no shit he does look sick. I don't know the cause of this change, however it could be explained by post surgery chewing difficulties or just anxious gagging that was already present.

8 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

If you were sending a photo to be in People magazine wouldn't you slap some shoes on though? That's the thing. They're putting this picture out there for thousands of people to see. Make yourself presentable.

Look at Alyssa Webster right now. She dolled herself up after having a baby. Sure, she looks like she wants nothing more than to sit down but she made an effort. These two didn't. 

Thanks.  I think the idea that presentable = shoes, even inside, has just not been part of the culture where I've lived.  To me it would feel weird and wrong to wear shoes inside a home, like how wearing a coat in bed would feel.  If someone were coming to photograph me in my home, then I imagine it would be an intimate and casual kind of photography (or we would be somewhere else), and I'd either be barefoot or in slippers. (As would the photographer, since they'd be in my home -- I'm not heartless, I do have slippers to offer guests.)

These two do not seem well. The difference between those two pictures is staggering. Physically they both look sick. And that toddler outfit? As the coveted object for the gender reveal? My god fundies put weeks into planning reveals. And yeah if people mag was coming over i'd have shoes on and my husband would not be donning white tube socks and a cowboy hat. 

1 hour ago, mdatca said:

When we first met Derrick a few years ago I thought he was an intelligent person who had his crap somewhat together.  Bin was the joke who had nothing going for himself and everything he said sounded like 'doh.  He was really just a dumb horny kid who had some growing up to do.  Now it is the other way around.  Not saying Bin has a got going on but it is at least something.  

This exactly. It was hands down no contest Derrick over Ben for me as he seemed like an adult with his life together and relatively attractive. Now Derrick is just bizarre in behavior and appearance, I don't know what is going on with him but he's not helping it with the long hair and cowboy hat.  Ben on the other hand seems to be actually trying to become more progressive (well as fundies go) in terms of his understanding of race and social issues. And he got his education is working to further himself. He and his family (Jessa not his parents) seem more stable by comparison. It's totally unexpected. I thought Jessa would be falling apart.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She's technically supposed to look to her headship for everything now but I doubt Derrick is up to the task. 

True, true. But she should be able to fend off shower racks when her headship is not at home. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The picture is so weird. I didn't even notice the cowboy hat at first among the rest of the hot mess. It really looks like they are holding up something they received as a gift for Izzy. Never would guess that's a gender reveal. 

I'm thinking that the Dullards should join a group like Jesus People USA, since they seem to be into the gospel bum lifestyle. The children are raised communually in JPUSA, so Jill and Derick could have a Quiverfull, be professional Christians 24/7 and not have to actually make any pretense of caring for them themselves. Granted, there's been an abuse scandal in JPUSA, but the Dullards have shown they don't care about that sort of thing anyway.

2 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Spot on. Her saving grace is that Daddy's money smooths things over quite a bit.

Maybe I'm just dense, but I did not initially recognize that picture as the reveal of the baby's sex. 

To me, the picture was saying "We did laundry." (Um, good for you, I guess?)

I was a little surprised when I went to find the announcement, and realized that was it.

I never, ever wear anything on my feet in the house. I wear as little on my feet as I can reasonably get away with outside the house (what can I say? my feet are nudists. My Seattle feet wear flip flops about 8 months a year. They aren't scared of water). But whether or not I would keep up that trend even if I was being photographed for reality media is an unanswerable question because I would never put myself in that ridiculous position in the first place.

I can say that if I were to do any type of "gender" reveal (which I also wouldn't do, but it's not beyond the realm of my imagination that I could do something like that for Facebook or whatever), it would not be with a boring mismatched toddler outfit. That's just weird as hell. Plus, my baby girl is almost 17 years old now and I still have a couple newborn girl articles of clothing that I could use if need be. Why some anti-birth control people with a toddler boy wouldn't have a piece of newborn boy clothing is beyond me.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think that's the problem , Derick flamed out and can't/won't lead her and Jill can't function without outside leadership  . And I also suspect that Jim Bob's influence makes things worse because what little might come from Derick is drowned out by the previous owner her father . 

What the hell that pic looks awful. Why is it so blurry, did they take it themselves and just send it over to People? And why couldn't they buy a baby outfit instead of holding up that random big outfit? If they are this lethargic with just one kid to deal with, think how they will be with a whole bunch. 

4 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

What the hell that pic looks awful. Why is it so blurry, did they take it themselves and just send it over to People? And why couldn't they buy a baby outfit instead of holding up that random big outfit? If they are this lethargic with just one kid to deal with, think how they will be with a whole bunch. 

Honestly, I think they're just disappointed it's a boy.  Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but during their announcement, they didn't seem all that excited; it looked almost as if they were trying to get themselves excited about it.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived