IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

11 hours ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

But can Jinger quit looking at Jeremy with crazy eyes please! So many shades of Michelle in the googly eyes. lol She just stares at him all dreamy, even when he looks away and talks to others. It reminds me of a love struck tween. Hmm wonder why, lol

You could see a couple times he caught her. It made him pause his speech for a few seconds. I interpreted the look on his face as "why do you keep staring at me woman?!"

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few thoughts on episode 3 of season 3:

1) Poor Jeremy had his whole apartment taken apart by not even Jinger, no, by bossy Jessa. I felt sorry for him, they didn't like books as the center of decoration and his Rembrandt painting (which I think was the "Night watch") :-(

2) But I giggled a little bit at the fact that he had a painting/print of that masterpiece because ... I don't know, it's the same type of men who would watch old movies from the 50's and 60's about ancient Rome and Egypt and be fascinated by all the old military and masculine stuff. women in those films, well, only as serving maids or victims of rape....It's essentially movies made by men for men, very pseudo-intellectual.

3) I liked the middle boys in this episode, especially Josiah.

4) Jeremy seemed overwhelmed. "It is surreal to go shopping for furniture" It sounded like a ref flag, but today we know that they at least seem to be quite happy.

15 hours ago, metheglyn said:

it's probably a religious piece

It looked like The Night Watch - the original's in a museum in Amsterdam and is about 12 foot by 15 foot

@eveandadam posted a similar thing while i was typing - whoops

59 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

4) Jeremy seemed overwhelmed. "It is surreal to go shopping for furniture" It sounded like a ref flag, but today we know that they at least seem to be quite happy.

I'm really surprised Jeremy locked himself into this relationship so soon after meeting Jinger, and only having met her a few times at that. At least Ben was living in that little shed getting to know the family for awhile, and Jessa getting to know him at least somewhat. If Jinger & Jeremy weren't fundies I wouldn't expect their relationship to last. I know men love younger women, but will he eventually get bored of being around someone that acts like a child? 

15 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

I'm really surprised Jeremy locked himself into this relationship so soon after meeting Jinger, and only having met her a few times at that. At least Ben was living in that little shed getting to know the family for awhile, and Jessa getting to know him at least somewhat. If Jinger & Jeremy weren't fundies I wouldn't expect their relationship to last. I know men love younger women, but will he eventually get bored of being around someone that acts like a child? 

I think you are right. In the episode (303) she seemed more like the little baby sister or niece of Jeremy than his girlfriend/fiancee. What happened to her? Look at my profile picture. She looks in control and like a boss there.

14 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

I could be totally wrong but I got the idea that the Jessa/Jeremy clashing was exaggerated for the show if not totally staged. Either way they were definitely playing it up for the camera. I think they realize how repetitive & dull their show is getting. 

Jessa has struck me as playing a role for a while. Her role is "the obnoxious, bossy one." Ben is the dumb one. There was a scene last season where she mocked Jinger for dieting to fit into her dress and Ben said "what dress"? I thought "she can't really be that obnoxious and he can't really be that dumb."

6 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Jessa has struck me as playing a role for a while. Her role is "the obnoxious, bossy one." Ben is the dumb one. There was a scene last season where she mocked Jinger for dieting to fit into her dress and Ben said "what dress"? I thought "she can't really be that obnoxious and he can't really be that dumb."

Seriously! This is part of why I keep thinking, "TLC *has* to be telling them to play up on this for the hate-watchers... it's part of what keeps the clickbait coming."

I have been thinking about Derick and Jill.  To me, they are losing their own fanbase.  No one seems all that excited about them and while Dericks weight loss and change in his appearance gets a lot of attention, it really isn't 'good' attention.

If they have played it better,  for example,  really done true missionary work and showed them helping to build wells, assisting with prenatal care, and really going into the field and mingling with the people,  that might have been interesting.  In stead they just shot boring ass shit from inside that house, complaining about how hard life is while their shiny brand new stainless steel appliances were in the background and their AC was humming. Once or twice they showed Jill hosting some womenfolk which was boring and dull and made no difference on the lives of these women. 

Living out of country was made to look dreadfully dull and it was painfully obvious that Jill was useless and not happy with her circumstances.  And for people with a few brain cells, it was also obvious that Derick was not doing much that most would qualify as mission work.  I know they summarized some of what he had done over the past year, and it did seem like he helped with a few things, but the show never showed any of that which actually might have been more interesting. 

I don't really agree with missionary work per se,  I agree with humanitarian work and I have no issue with churches sponsoring humanitarian aid as long as it doesn't require any conversion by the native people.  But,  if someone is going to go to a different country to be a missionary and they have a TV show,  seems like a huge missed opportunity to actually show what that entailed, rather than to showcase Jill's woeful housekeeping and often dangerous parenting skills.    pretty much a big FAIL. 

@calimojo I was thinking just this this morning. Great post. Their cultish beliefs don't travel well. Derick is a zealot. There are always people to help close to home......really help. Food banks, soup kitchens....prayer also but not brainwashing. Oh...I forgot....this is the Duggars. What was I thinking. 

There is a homeless shelter near where we used to live....just daytime help. Showering, food, opportunities for the children to be tutored. It was religious, but they had prayer sessions and such, I don't know those details, but they offered true tangible assistance to people struggling with life who had families, or were single. We gave donations. A helpful situation. 

I think the producers of the show, must really be bottom of the barrel and they better hope they don't lose the show because if I were them I would not put this show on their resume. 

They have so many missed opportunities to actually make it interesting and instead they ask "What kind of cheese would Jinger be?".  It is embarrassingly bad work on their part. 

It is even worse than 19k, and that sucked.  TLC sucks, and their standards for production must be extremely low.  I can't imagine any self-respecting producer wanting to be associated with this show.  I would rather work at Walmart than have people know I produced this boring yawnfest. 

And,  really it isn't that reality shows have to have drama to be good.  They could be inspiring and uplifting.  But this is nothing.  When the only drama the show has to offer is two sisters having a minor disagreement of what picture to hang, or a stick thin Jesus freak gagging a long side of the road, And when the only Inspiring message they have, over and over,  is waiting to see what the Lord has in store for them, then they are really unclear as to what makes good TV. 

I completely forgot to follow along with this thread this week. 

So Derick's big illness they teased was...allergies? lol

I'm more curious about the types of books Jeremy has in his house. All religious? Something Jinger could learn from? Fantasy?

14 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm more curious about the types of books Jeremy has in his house. All religious? Something Jinger could learn from? Fantasy?

Harry Potter? The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe? Probably not.

11 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

They are still "looking" for answers to what isn't wrong with Derrick.

Most of Jeremy's books looked as though they were text books or some type of anthologies because there seemed to be many with the same book covers. I would probably not be interested in whatever Jeremy enjoys to read but I respect the fact that reading is so important to him. Everyone should have books that are important to them.

I highly doubt Jinger is suddenly going to become a reader because of Jeremy. She may read something he expects her to read but I doubt a library card is in her future. She isn't going to seek out reading material that differs from what Jeremy likes. She isn't going to take a sudden interest in a non-religious helpmeet genre. If Jeremy wanted a well-read woman, he wouldn't have sought out a Duggar. I think Jeremy prefers to be more well read than his wife. 

I don't know, I think the whole point of Jinger was that Jeremy wanted a woman he could mold into his perfect fundy wife. I imagine he'll change Jinger quite a bit.

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't know, I think the whole point of Jinger was that Jeremy wanted a woman he could mold into his perfect fundy wife. I imagine he'll change Jinger quite a bit.

where as then Jessa won't know who sister is and be really upset with Jeremy all the while Jinge mouths to Jeremy 

I can't 

42 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I think the producers of the show, must really be bottom of the barrel and they better hope they don't lose the show because if I were them I would not put this show on their resume. 

They have so many missed opportunities to actually make it interesting and instead they ask "What kind of cheese would Jinger be?".  It is embarrassingly bad work on their part. 

It is even worse than 19k, and that sucked.  TLC sucks, and their standards for production must be extremely low.  I can't imagine any self-respecting producer wanting to be associated with this show.  I would rather work at Walmart than have people know I produced this boring yawnfest. 

And,  really it isn't that reality shows have to have drama to be good.  They could be inspiring and uplifting.  But this is nothing.  When the only drama the show has to offer is two sisters having a minor disagreement of what picture to hang, or a stick thin Jesus freak gagging a long side of the road, And when the only Inspiring message they have, over and over,  is waiting to see what the Lord has in store for them, then they are really unclear as to what makes good TV. 

I know, I used to LOVE TLC but they have gone downhill since the about 2012, about the time they really got into it with the Duggar's hardcore, they dropped The Learning Channel and went to The Lousy Christians channel.  My 19 year old kid in video production/film school can and does make better TV/Video's than this "professional" network does.  

1.Well, Jinger should be wetting the pregnancy stick by now. That should liven things up for a minute or two. Otherswise we'll get the same crap of how "hard" it is to cooks for "just two" and how she misses her sweet, precious sisters and how wise J'chelle is.

NOTE: I wish they'd give up already on the horrible Gothard-mandated adoring/attentive listening. The girls look like druggies and the guys like smug assholes when they do this--every time. Its one of the worst parts of this cult. It just looks STUPID. You can listen attentively without faking an orgasm, girls.

2. I read somewhere that Joy is to be shown hunting? In a skirt, I'm sure to "prove" they can do anything in a skirt (pretty true so no need to beat that dead horse, but I'm sure they will. Can see her climbing up to the deer stand in flip flops and freezing her butt off)

3.I do wonder how in "real life" Jinger is enjoying (or not--it could go either way) living ALONE all day in an apartment while hubby is doing his church work. My pastors' wives have all worked--although one did so at home. I'm guess J won't. lol

4. Seriously--this show NEEDS a J'boy in a courtship, or they'll end up looking all Pervy like that guy poor Tabitha is having to marry. Get on the move J'boys. We want a guy wedding. John David seems decent and hard working. Let's see him court FINALLY. But I'm guessing the show and JB want a double wedding for one or both sets of twins.

I'm still kinda surprised that Jeremy had a Rembrandt. My all time favorite artist. But doesn't he know the background? Rembrandt had a 'slaughter' room in his house. There was a room that had a table and equipment for him to cut up corpses. He wasn't a very light guy. Anyway, I hope he has art books and Jinger reads some of them. Also, Rembrandt was all about modern science. His paintings were attributed to benefiting autopsies. 

On 1/26/2017 at 0:09 AM, VeganCupcake said:

Jill said something about throwing a wedding on a shoestring budget…well aren't the Duggars very rich, why do they need a "shoestring budget"? Why do they insist on inviting over 1000 people to their weddings? And the grocery store "catering" scene was so ridiculous. I'm not being rude about that woman's food, I just wouldn't call it "catering" because it's not from any type of professional kitchen or made by a trained chef. 

I'm a decent amateur home cook and decent baker, and if I were hired to do the food for a shower or similar I would call it "catering".     I probably referred to it that way when I did a wedding breakfast for about 30 before a friend's wedding - for the wedding party and family.  

1 hour ago, JabberJabber said:

So, has Derrick actually been to a doctor to get a diagnosis? (I don't watch the show)

He did but the doctor really didn't know what was wrong with him. 

1 hour ago, JabberJabber said:

So, has Derrick actually been to a doctor to get a diagnosis? (I don't watch the show)

Sounds like he has a strong gag reflex (they called it, "he gets gaggy") that pops up when he exercises and he's had it for like 10 years.  It sounded like he had previously  seen and been scoped by an ENT and they couldn't find anything wrong.  

I personally wonder if it's not something at least a little bit psychosomatic. Maybe he has something mild and easily treatable like allergies or anemia, but every time he feels the gagging sensation he focuses on it and it gets worse. I just say this because I used to have frequent episodes where I felt like I couldn't breathe, or couldn't draw a deep breath, and there was definitely a gagging sensation involved. It turned out to be a combination of allergies and anemia, plus really bad anxiety. If Derick really wants the public to weigh in on his condition (and apparently he does), I would tell him to get tested for allergies, iron/b12 deficiency, and anxiety.

3 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Sounds like he has a strong gag reflex (they called it, "he gets gaggy") that pops up when he exercises and he's had it for like 10 years.  It sounded like he had previously  seen and been scoped by an ENT and they couldn't find anything wrong.  

No matter how much of a douch he is, I wouldn't wish illness on anyone. It sounds like they are clutching at straws to keep people's interest. Especially after he tweeted in response to that enquiry after his health.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived