IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

Last thread found here:

We're watching the process for Jinger's wedding (that we've already seen), Ben got excited about a water gun at Flame's concert, and we talked about burning food.

May this show bore itself to death, but for now...we're counting on!

• choralcrusader8613 pinned this topic
  • Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Capture.JPG

TLC doesn't write that kind of contracts.  TLC is making money one way or another for the Duggars to still be on the air.

Until the scandal I was wondering if Tabitha Paine's wedding would be referenced on the show. I thought they might show them throwing a shower with Sierra making cookies or something.  Now I'm assuming they won't touch that with 100 ft pole.  

Actually, thinking about it, Counting On has been really weird about presenting Duggar friendships.  There was Joy's "best friend', the older Sierra, then Ben presented as being super-friendly with Jeremy and now Flame.  I wonder why they don't show the kidults interacting with people their own ages?

I hate to defend Benny-Boy, but i don't find that weird at all. Those two have been raised in a pretty restrictive enviroment, their life perspective is pretty much the same, and even if it wasn't, it's only 7 years, at this age it's not that much. I agree that the situation in life usually is different, but not so much the experience.

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Until the scandal I was wondering if Tabitha Paine's wedding would be referenced on the show. I thought they might show them throwing a shower with Sierra making cookies or something.  Now I'm assuming they won't touch that with 100 ft pole.  

Maybe Bringing Up Bates had dibs on Tabitha's wedding and is now going to drop it like a hot tater tot. Imagine it. Erin and Chad will probably be in the wedding party and maybe Carson is a ring bearer. But UP won't touch that now.

47 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I hate to defend Benny-Boy, but i don't find that weird at all. Those two have been raised in a pretty restrictive enviroment, their life perspective is pretty much the same, and even if it wasn't, it's only 7 years, at this age it's not that much. I agree that the situation in life usually is different, but not so much the experience.

Yeah people who go to public school are constantly surrounded by same age peers so that's who they are friends with. When you only have certain large families to interact with, you take what you can get. Even if they are 7 years older.

I'm going  to give myself a pat the back......*backpat*

I have not seen, even one minute of this  show. Not a minute of Season 1, not a minute of Season 2, and I'm not going to start watching now. I only  watch one show on TLC (My 600lb Life), and I DVR that, so I even fast forward through their promos. 

It's totally same shit, different day with them. Someone is either courting, getting married, getting/being pregnant, or birthing their crotchfruit. Add a healthy dose of Jesus-speak, and there you go. 

To quote from @Buzzard's recap of Monday's episode:

"Jill says that a higher heartrate may be a girl... Jessa thinks its a boy.  JIll says 120-140 is a girls... its 150s."

Seriously, WTF?!?!?!?! I can't believe Jill is even certified to be within 100 feet of a patient!

Jill kind of laughed and said that it may just be an old wives tale.

I think 150's would be inconclusive since it's right in the middle.  I think there is a tendency for a higher heart rate for girls and lower for boys but it's not definitive.  My girl's heart rate was in the 150's-160's.  My friend's girl's heart rate was in the 120's.

1 hour ago, warriorblade8857 said:

"Jill says that a higher heartrate may be a girl... Jessa thinks its a boy.  JIll says 120-140 is a girls... its 150s."

Seriously, WTF?!?!?!?! I can't believe Jill is even certified to be within 100 feet of a patient!

I am not a midwife, nor have I every played one on TV and even I know that is BS.  She must have learned that in her <snark>medical </snark> training. What the hell do the teach down there in Arkansas? 

Jinger couldn't have sounded happier "Tomorrow I'll be GAWN" Hahahaha. I still think she got a good deal marrying Jeremy. She may have been "freed" after all. She's saying "Bye Felicia" to the Duggar clan. Money is on her for the "Tell All" book. 

Sorry Jill looks like a frump and her husband looks like a meth making hill billy with a man bun. He clearly wants to be a hippie in a tent. Somehow I doubt this mirrors Jill's x1000 babies goal.

2 hours ago, warriorblade8857 said:

49 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I am not a midwife, nor have I every played one on TV and even I know that is BS.  She must have learned that in her <snark>medical </snark> training. What the hell do the teach down there in Arkansas? 

You nailed it, @onekidanddone!  Jill is NOT a midwife - she just plays one on TV! 

3 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Yeah, is there any truth to that gendered heartrate thing or is Jill a nincompoop?

It's a load of bull.

3 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Yeah, is there any truth to that gendered heartrate thing or is Jill a nincompoop?

It has about the same rates of being right as putting a wedding ring over the pregnant woman's belly and seeing if it swings back and forth or in a circle. Rarely right but when it is "See I knew it!" 

1 minute ago, WhyNotJulie said:

"Allergies"? No. Ben is high as a kite, I am convinced. 

Also it's the only plausible explanation for how dense he seems.

I keep waiting for him to say to Jessa "Hey dude.. we got any of those brownies left"?

Jill said something about throwing a wedding on a shoestring budget…well aren't the Duggars very rich, why do they need a "shoestring budget"? Why do they insist on inviting over 1000 people to their weddings? And the grocery store "catering" scene was so ridiculous. I'm not being rude about that woman's food, I just wouldn't call it "catering" because it's not from any type of professional kitchen or made by a trained chef. 

2 hours ago, WhyNotJulie said:

"Allergies"? No. Ben is high as a kite, I am convinced. 

Also it's the only plausible explanation for how dense he seems.

For how awkward and unintelligent he acts on the show, he has some shockingly good networking skills. First he successfully schemed to meet the Duggars and marry Jessa, then he established the Flame friendship, and is he really responsible for bringing Jeremy into the fold as well? 

Perhaps he really is a smart person, just stoned out of his mind a lot LOL

10 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

For how awkward and unintelligent he acts on the show, he has some shockingly good networking skills. First he successfully schemed to meet the Duggars and marry Jessa, then he established the Flame friendship, and is he really responsible for bringing Jeremy into the fold as well? 

Perhaps he really is a smart person, just stoned out of his mind a lot LOL

wouldn't you want to be, if you were married to Jessa? ^_^

Every time Jinger was on the couch talking my hands itched for detangling spray and wide toothed comb! Girl, there is no reason to look like you haven't heard of a comb!

2 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

Jill said something about throwing a wedding on a shoestring budget…well aren't the Duggars very rich, why do they need a "shoestring budget"? 

I was wondering exactly this. Also in relation to their obsession with hand-me-downs and only buying second hand clothing or sale items. There's nothing wrong with hand-me-downs and second hand clothing, but it's not as if they need it. I can imagine that maybe prior to their reality tv show JB and Michelle weren't that rich and that with 10 kids they had to be mindful of their budget. But especially Jessa really made it sound as if that's still the case, and I just don't believe that. If TLC pays them for the show they have a higher than average income.

Also, Ben's interaction with and handling of Spurgeon always seems so awkward. Like someone who doesn't like baby's reacts to a baby, almost. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived